(Topic ID: 159088)

Ghostbuster "LE"-"PREMIUM" What did you think?

By frankmac

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Your opinion on the LE-Premium”

• Blew your socks off!! 49 votes
    21%
  • Looks great! 95 votes
    40%
  • Amazing! 33 votes
    14%
  • Pass on LE-Premium 59 votes
    25%

(236 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

It seems like it might play easier then the pro model to me. Which I have mixed feelings about. I consider myself a good player and really like the challenge of tough games though. I think the magna slings are still early code. I liked how they acted like regular slings....they seemed soft though and never really seemed to propel the ball faster. Could this or will this be implemented in later code I am unsure. I did like the extra options that they provide though. I think I need to play it live to get a feel for them though. I loved the ecto goggles...they are way cool, saw a good video that someone posted a link to on here by dead flip. The cross over ramp, steel ramp, physical ball lock, subway are way cool. Slimer is cool but wish he would hang out like on the pro and not recess back over the pops but thats just my personal opinion and first impression. So my first impressions of the premium are good but I really want to play it to get a true feel for how I like it compared to the pro. I guess I liked the pro with the "Flappy Bird feel of kicking my butt" Does the premium still provide this I can't say from the video but it did seem easier.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Ugh. Sorry for the confusion.
In competition mode Negative Reinforcment works like this:
You get X right answers.
Your (X + 1) guess will be wrong and you will get zero points.
X == how many ghost you have caught /10
For example:
55 ghost caught will equal 5 right answers.
114 ghost caught will equal 11 right answers.
- Dwight

That's how you explained it on the stream.

#111 7 years ago

Speaking of the video mode. When I was in Las Vegas the slot machine Ghostbusters had a similiar video mode integrated into one of the bonus rounds. It was pretty much the same thing.

#123 7 years ago

I feel the same way about the movie that you do. I do like the theme though as integrated into the pin.

My first impression is that I loved it. The pro is just fun. I played it at the Amusement Expo in Vegas and I had a blast. It was very challenging and tough but I don't think it was particularly unfair as far as a pinball goes. It really did give me the "just one more game feel" The code was early on that model but it seemed complete the short time I played it. I know it's not but it felt that way as it sat. The music really was integrated well into the game and the overall experience. I do like the art too, but bottom line it played well and was very fun. I am unsure on the LE/premium but I will hold judgement till I play it. My main concern is the magna slings vs traditional. They look good but slowed the game down in my opinion and it seemed easier on the video. The code is early and I can see them getting much better with revisions. I think the two models are going to play very different. So much so that I think collectors (with deep pockets) might even decide to buy them both. I love the ecto goggles, extra ramp, ball locks ect. Not sure about Slimer but hard to tell from the video. I see some pluses and minuses to it. The up and down of slimer on the pro is awesome and the movement from side to side on the premium could be great and seems to take some timing to hit him as well but I need to experience it first. This hasn't really been mentioned to much but the slings on the pro played different as well. They felt soft a bit also at times depending on the trajectory of how the ball hit it. I think it was the angle of the slings and their different shape. I will say this though that both of the models seem good to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-le-premium-what-did-you-think?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.