(Topic ID: 159088)

Ghostbuster "LE"-"PREMIUM" What did you think?

By frankmac

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Your opinion on the LE-Premium”

• Blew your socks off!! 49 votes
    21%
  • Looks great! 95 votes
    40%
  • Amazing! 33 votes
    14%
  • Pass on LE-Premium 59 votes
    25%

(236 votes)

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

OK, What did you think?

#2 7 years ago

That I'd be feeling pretty hard done by if I'd already put money down for a Pro.

That's probably going to upset a few people, but .. hey, sorry.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

OK, What did you think?

I think your poll is severly slanted...

#4 7 years ago

Freaking Amazing! And its Early 1st CODE!!

#5 7 years ago

In all honesty, not overly impressed. The magna slings were actually a lot less active than I had thought they would be. Scoring seemed to be all over the place. Game still seems to have short ball times. Dunno, just seems like something is missing but it can be hard to tell in a video.

#6 7 years ago

I'll drop a couple quarters in one and then decide if it's worth another 50 cents to play.

#7 7 years ago

Props to "Dead Flip" and "Stern Pinball" the Ghostbusters LE-Premium looks Awesome!!

#8 7 years ago

10k by Christmas

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

10k by Christmas

And that's just the Pro!

#10 7 years ago

I liked what they have done with the Prem and LE, game looks awesome and code is very early. This game will be on the line for quite some time being made so I'm going to wait until the kinks are worked out and the polishing is done then I'll pick my Prem model.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And that's just the Pro!

For sure!!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think your poll is severly slanted...

Please let me know your thoughts?

#13 7 years ago

I'm putting my money on Stern offering a drop-in regular sling kit for GB LE/Premiums!! Another way for Stern to make $$$.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And that's just the Pro!

Teekee aint waitin' for the VE or x-mas to capitalize on turning these games.

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!

#15 7 years ago

Looked good, definitely better than pro. Ball didn't seem to drain same way as pro. Hoped for more out of slings, and they didn't seem very sensitive. Looks like a really fun game. I'm on the fence still. I think it's a great party type pin, but not sure yet about the longevity if I played it at home everyday.

#16 7 years ago

I for one thought the Slings would grab the ball and move them as it does in the for the witch in "WOZ"

#17 7 years ago

It seems like it might play easier then the pro model to me. Which I have mixed feelings about. I consider myself a good player and really like the challenge of tough games though. I think the magna slings are still early code. I liked how they acted like regular slings....they seemed soft though and never really seemed to propel the ball faster. Could this or will this be implemented in later code I am unsure. I did like the extra options that they provide though. I think I need to play it live to get a feel for them though. I loved the ecto goggles...they are way cool, saw a good video that someone posted a link to on here by dead flip. The cross over ramp, steel ramp, physical ball lock, subway are way cool. Slimer is cool but wish he would hang out like on the pro and not recess back over the pops but thats just my personal opinion and first impression. So my first impressions of the premium are good but I really want to play it to get a true feel for how I like it compared to the pro. I guess I liked the pro with the "Flappy Bird feel of kicking my butt" Does the premium still provide this I can't say from the video but it did seem easier.

#18 7 years ago

I watched the entire live stream and was very impressed with the LE/Premium. You can tell Dwight has put in a lot of work on the code. The game looks and sounds terrific. Going in I had some concerns about the Magnaslings, but they worked great. I really like the theramin sound they make when they are activated, as well as the fact that they have 3 different states of play depending on what has been hit on the playfield. This looks like another enhancement to an already loaded game. I think Jack said he was impressed with the Subway ramp physical ball lock. After watching this video I plan on purchasing a Premium, but I've played the Pro and it was a ton of fun. You really can't go wrong either way.

#19 7 years ago

I am a little concerned with the slimmer on this model. If you watch closely. You will see that every time he moves to the home position over the pops. The Slimer hits the plastics on the way. I really hope they fix that or we will be readjusting and buying extra slimers. It would be really cool if he not only went side to side but raises up and down as well as in the pro. But I think it is better with it moving to different shots. Stern please fix the slimmer hitting the plastic!
Magicchiz

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I for one thought the Slings would grab the ball and move them as it does in the for the witch in "WOZ"

It did during certain modes. From what I gathered they kept the slings functioning essentially like normal slings (if not more forgiving, but we will see how they tweak) until they become "haunted".

A lot of people came out early exclaiming "why would we want them to act like normal slings?!" but I think this was the right way to have it. I wouldn't want them throwing the ball around like that all the time.

#21 7 years ago

Loved it!!!! Looks Fun! Deposit down on a Premium.....Now for the wait!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am a little concerned with the slimmer on this model. If you watch closely. You will see that every time he moves to the home position over the pops. The Slimer hits the plastics on the way. I really hope they fix that or we will be readjusting and buying extra slimers. It would be really cool if he not only went side to side but raises up and down as well as in the pro. But I think it is better with it moving to different shots. Stern please fix the slimmer hitting the plastic!
Magicchiz

I noticed that too. The whole mech was sold as "fancier" because he comes out of the buildings, but upon closer inspection it could be a simpler function than the pro. It looks like he just rotates on the axis of the rod sticking out. Definitely dragging along the rails on the way.

#23 7 years ago

.My Mag sling fears have been put to rest (I like them)
.The ecto goggs look cooler than I thought (was worried after STLE starfield projector)
.Love the crossover ramp
.Digging the mobile Slimer

Game looks like a home run!

#24 7 years ago

Slings and sling mode advancement look fantastic!! Very Well done. Game looks much better than the pro IMO but the code update could have played a factor in that.

#25 7 years ago

What's not to F ing like? Gnashing your teeth over minor BS is crazy.

The premium/LE is the way to go and I don't think its close after watching the stream.

Dwight needs to finish code off Lyman style to make this a great pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 7 years ago

Incomplete grade.

The sling switches need to be adjusted to be much more sensitive. Playing with mostly dead slingshots is boring.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Incomplete grade.
The sling switch needs to be adjusted to be much more sensitive. Playing with mostly dead slingshots is boring.

There's nothing boring about that game from what I saw.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Incomplete grade.
The sling switches need to be adjusted to be much more sensitive. Playing with mostly dead slingshots is boring.

I agreee, 90% of the time they acted like the were turned off.
I'd have liked them to have some action and actually "sling" the balls some. I don't understand why people are impressed by what they saw from the magnaslings.

#29 7 years ago

In not going to say the mag slings power could not be turned up a notch but part of the reason we are not seeing as much sling action is the angle of the slings at the pitch they are they just won't see as much action as a more traditional angle.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

That I'd be feeling pretty hard done by if I'd already put money down for a Pro.
That's probably going to upset a few people, but .. hey, sorry.

it is ok it doesn't upset me i will just have to buy a premium down the line as well!

#31 7 years ago

Game looks really good. Keep in mind the sling sensitivity has nothing to do with the magnets... it's a standard sling leaf switch adjustment, same as would be done on the pro.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Game looks really good. Keep in mind the sling sensitivity has nothing to do with the magnets... it's a standard sling leaf switch adjustment, same as would be done on the pro.

I get that the sensitivity can likely be upped, but with it being new technology it would be nice if they had it sensitive enough that we could really see how it acts. I don't know that after watching the video I can tell how magna-slings are going to work.

#33 7 years ago

Guys Dwight has put in a ridiculous amount of extra hours I have heard for this title and want to thank him for that and getting the game with such good code out of the gate; thank you brother

#34 7 years ago

Dead flip needs to set up better camera angles with higher resolution. Also like many others have said, no need to see video of the guys playing.

Was unable to make a purchase decision based on that video.

#35 7 years ago

The playfield colors and graphics are real eye catchers. Its a beautiful game. The red DMD stuck out more as a result of the surrounding beauty, whereas a ColorDMD will look most excellent in its place, in due time. Looks like another freakin' keeper for the collection. SOB, need an architect for Studio G expansion.....or an outdoor mod.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz

A response on FB from Stern - "Slimer will touch the plastic. It's a non issue. The slimer toy is designed to take direct hits from a pinball, it can handle plastic at low speed."

#37 7 years ago

Too much choose the star / bacon /box / video mode... Physical flippers should not need to flip when making launch choices in a modern pinball... Slings were very openly adjusted. Minimizing magnetic effects. Still with very good players very short ball times. It is a very nice game, but people need to calm down a bit. OT: with 5 kanada impersonators in the chat it was apparent that he has made quite a mark on our community in a very short time.
-S

#38 7 years ago

Did the LE have a topper?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Was unable to make a purchase decision based on that video.

Luckily it is VERY silly to make any purchase decision based on a video! Go play it for yourself and then decide. The hype train on this title has gotten a bit silly.

I missed the original stream but went back now to watch. The mag slings definately act different than i expected and initial impression is not in a good way. Luckily I have plenty of time to see them develop and will play it in real life for myself before I decide. i think the subway ramp and ecto goggles look cool, but obviously need to see and feel it in person for myself. At this stage I see no reason to buy anything beside the Pro model. Looking forward to laying hands on the game for myself at some point.

#40 7 years ago

The premium looks incredible. The slimer mech on the premium has an an ever wider range of motion then I thought it could and can move all the way from over the pops to the left captive ball shot. Ecto Goggles toy needs to be seen in person but just from the videos I saw it looks slick. Crossover ramp adds a lot of flow to the game and shot variety. Subway ramp with ball lock is sweet. The magnetic slings also look very cool.

Ghostbusters premium / LE is easily Stern's most loaded game to date and now it has the potential to be one of their best.

#41 7 years ago

I guess I don't get this "loaded" stuff. With the pro I see a game with the usual bash toy, a dubious right ramp and... oh two stand-ups.
I KNOW I must be missing something but that doesn't seem like a lot of stuff. And the high dollar ones simply switch out one kind of slings for another (which seem cool - at least at first), an actual ball lock (hardly rare) and the holo lens (which is small and hardly a show stopper). The crossover ramp seems like an afterthought that won't see much use.

I think the art and music alone will sell it to a rabid GB nut... (and who would think there were so many?) but anybody less invested in the theme might want to actually play it first. It may not be for everybody. (gasp)

In any case I'm certainly looking forward to finding one locally to try out.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I guess I don't get this "loaded" stuff. With the pro I see a game with the usual bash toy, a dubious right ramp and... oh two stand-ups.
I KNOW I must be missing something but that doesn't seem like a lot of stuff. And the high dollar ones simply switch out one kind of slings for another (which seem cool - at least at first), an actual ball lock (hardly rare) and the holo lens (which is small and hardly a show stopper). The crossover ramp seems like an afterthought that won't see much use.
I think the art and music alone will sell it to a rabid GB nut... (and who would think there were so many?) but anybody less invested in the theme might want to actually play it first. It may not be for everybody. (gasp)

You're missing something all right.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You're missing something all right.

Kinda like you and a sense of humor right? lol

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from azpinguy:

OT: with 5 kanada impersonators in the chat it was apparent that he has made quite a mark on our community in a very short time.
-S

"our community"??? You have been here just over a month. This thread is full of brand new people hyping the heck out of GB. I like new guys, but they are all coming in knowing all about "our community", and that just seems fishy.

#45 7 years ago

Wow so many air balls..

The machine looks good

#46 7 years ago

Manic, after playing a Pro last weekend I couldn't disagree more. This is the most fun Stern I've played in quite a while.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Manic, after playing a Pro last weekend I couldn't disagree more. This is the most fun Stern I've played in quite a while.

Disagree with what though? I never said it wasn't fun. I'm hoping I enjoy it also.

I was referring to these hyped-up "loaded" descriptions of the game. Even if it did have more gimmicks than say TSPP or LOTR,etc that
wouldn't necessarily make it any more fun. I'm just hoping it just has fun *gameplay* overall.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Wow, you are undermining both versions of the game. Very negative. There's so much more to both then what you mentioned. The premium is easily Sterns most loaded game to date.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, you are undermining both versions of the game. Very negative. There's so much more to both then what you mentioned..

Like what? I even said I know I must be missing something as you say twice a day the pro is so "loaded". I just don't see that... even with your twice daily "bullet lists" that seem to come right off a Stern flyer. But I like your enthusiasm... nothing wrong with that.

I didn't think it was negative to say I was looking forward to finding one to play.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Kinda like you and a sense of humor right? lol

That was my sense of humor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-le-premium-what-did-you-think?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.