• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81OkkEdcXKL._SL1500__(resized).jpg
Send_the_wolf_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

$8.50 for a movie ticket? where do you live at? Even matinee shows cost over $10 around here.

This is the number they go by. Some might be discount price like if you buy tickets at Costco and some might be discount theatres like after a movie is out 3 months it may move to the $4 cinema, it's just the industry number.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Or is it for parents who buy pins and say "c'mon Honey the the kids will play it all the time and love it!".

I'm guilty of this.

#103 8 years ago

For fun- What music do your teenage kids like?

They seem to like almost all the current Top 40 songs. If it was played at the Grammy's, my kids probably like it.

#104 8 years ago

I think the half goes over seas has been a lie for a good while. It's just a selling tactic to pressure you to buy now, nothing more. Automated alone probably gets more then what will be sent over seas.

Time will tell if GB holds its value. If it turns out to be a really good game the LE's will demand a lot of money. At this moment my LE is likely 2 months away from being made and I could easily sell it for $600 more then I'm paying for it. That alone speaks for the excitement and initial demand for this title. I have not seen that happen before. Distributors were raising their prices every couple of hrs and people were still buying them. I've never seen so many sell that close to the MSRP.

#105 8 years ago

Music of today sure sucks, and has for awhile. I feel so old sometimes, when I turn on the car radio and think to myself....God what is this shit?

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Music of today sure sucks, and has for awhile. I feel so old sometimes, when I turn on the car radio and think to myself....God what is this shit?

Don't feel old, its pretty much the worst generation in history in terms of music and alot of other things so age has nothing to do with it. Watch this.

#110 8 years ago

10K for a GBLE ? After guys here that music over n over n over ? Who ya gonna call I'd say Mr pinball classifieds. And dump it !

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I have four kids, 3 are teenagers and your 100% correct, music today is Fu$!ing garbage !
And I can listen to anything

#112 8 years ago

If someone wants to pay you $1000 more for your NIB LE the day after it is delivered take it and be in on a Premium for $5700 net. Especially if you dont love the lime green. That would be a safe play.

Oh but then you would be a dirty old flipper which I thought we all disliked.

#113 8 years ago

Just found out my distributor didn't get me my LE. Lol. What a dope. Quoted me 8k. He most likely sold it to someone else for more money. I am out on the game at this point. They will have it soon at NY,NY in vegas at the arcade. If I really like it I may get a used le or premium. Not sure. I did get a hobbit and RZ though.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just found out my distributor didn't get me my LE. Lol. What a dope. Quoted me 8k. He most likely sold it to someone else for more money. I am out on the game at this point. They will have it soon at NY,NY in vegas at the arcade. If I really like it I may get a used le or premium. Not sure. I did get a hobbit and RZ though.

Did you confirm the transaction and pay a deposit?

If I were a distributor I would only sell online through a POS system with known quantities. No room for error this way. I would also make a big disclaimer that you will own the machine regardless of public opinion. Too many people grabbing up titles while they "think" about it keeping other buyers from getting the title. If you pre-order you should be obligated to pay for it or lose your deposit unless the manufacturer does not deliver in a reasonable time. If you do not like those terms then wait for a Premium or Pro as those never sell out.

#115 8 years ago

Yeah, i got hosed by my distributor too. And i've heard that other original GBLE orders were cancelled or ignored and the distributors sold them later for higher prices. I'm so turned off now i'm not even going to buy a Premium. GB and all the distributors can kiss my ass - greedy f#%&er$!

Quoted from calprog:

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, i got hosed by my distributor too. And i've heard that other original GBLE orders were cancelled or ignored and the distributors sold them later for higher prices. I'm so turned off now i'm not even going to buy a Premium. GB and all the distributors can kiss my ass - greedy f#%&er$!

I would look for a new distributor.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

And i've heard that other original GBLE orders were cancelled or ignored and the distributors sold them later for higher prices.

Proper Stern "platinum" distributors will not do these type of actions to buyers.
They already have reserved and confirmed numbers of titles they purchase, and if I buyer commits to the deposit secures the machine.
This particularly applies to LEs, based on small quantities because they may not be able to get "10 machines".
This is not guesswork.
Other distributors outsource from "platinum" distributors in some cases.
Literally, a small distributor buys from another larger distributor (or trades for a needed machine) and then turns around and sells the machine again.
A proper distributor will tell a customer simply they have no additional means to secure additional machines (if they are already pre sold) without going to another distributor on a FIRST RUN, although they might be able to acquire a "residual", which normally with LEs does not occur.
There are no "mistakes" or "oopies", and they are not going to jack up the prices the next day against a pre order buyer either.

Many distributors have used hype to draw in costumers, but if the title gets too "hot", this can lead to buyers being left "high and dry", because the distributor gets "called out" and cannot recover from the mistake, or may even make non-moral seller choices.

Changes in sales policies at Stern have pushed out many smaller distributors, as there is just no way they can turn a profit without the volume sales, and are not going to get price reductions from Stern.
Stern did this partially to maintain a consistent profit margin for themselves (watching from the mistakes of other manufacturers when there was actually competition), which I cannot blame them, they are a business.

There is value to understanding the sales of NIB pinball machines following the areas of time, cost, shipping, and customer service.
Pick three, rarely you get four unless you networked.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

A better GB video I case you guys missed it...

Actual ball flow looks good, lets see what Stern does with the code.
More interested in seeing action of the Premium playfield with the Subway and Slimer target "traverse".
The key scrutiny is the "Containment Facility" ball lock option and increased flow on the Premium right ramp, as the angle of attack on the Pro model is causing the ball to hit the side of the plastic ramp, and slow the ball down.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

calprog said:

Looks like I'm in this club...I'll be looking for a new distributor if it isn't made right somehow. Bought 6 NIB in the last 3 years. I'm sure someone wants my business...

#121 8 years ago

I don't really try to force my 80s childhood onto my kids, however, I definitely don't hide it from them. As "uncool" as Ghostbusters might be to the younger generation, they're full of it when they say they don't like . I was just streaming the first movie, a few days ago, on Amazon. My kids got home from school and said why are you watching stupid Ghostbusters then proceeded to sit and watch the remainder of the movie.

This movie theme will remain desirable, for years to come. While I wanted to pull the trigger and get an LE, I couldn't justify the price difference. I'll be ordering a premium at some point in the future. I'm sure prices will be competitive with distributors in the future when the initial "take my money" for a new pin slows down and other machines are released. My 8 year old has started a Ghostbusters pinball fund and so far it has $3 in it so we have quite some time to wait.

#122 8 years ago

i must say that as hard as i tried to get a nib gb le, unfortunately i was too late. i am mentioning this because many of you think your distributor may have sold you out but the following didn't try to sell me an already sold gb le for more money - they were cointaker, curly at little shop of games, trent, and mike pupo. i do know from the past that sometimes counts and allotments do get screwed up though.

#123 8 years ago

There is 1 LE left in NZ. If no one wants it the LE will be going to another distributor. So someone might get lucky

#124 8 years ago

I talked to my distributor yesterday just to confirm my LE hold. They told me their initial allotment of LE's was 20 games, and they sold out within 48 hours. Also said they have taken deposits on a "significant" number more than that of pro/premiums. So based on what they are seeing, they say it is the most popular game they have sold so far, and they have been around for a lot of years. Just goes to show how much of as vacuum there is in the industry for something new and exciting. And I say that even with Jersey Jack, Spooky, and a few others in the picture. Maybe pinball IS back?

#125 8 years ago

Introducing the GB Slimer accessory pack (Made in Japan) provided to every GB LE owner as a special gift from Stern Pinball in lieu of actual additional game features or topper.
Wear it with extreme pride.
For those who did not purchase the GB LE, the cost is $599.

You might even win a free Stern pinball machine if you wear it for Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan contest next to your GB.
Just an idea, if you really are brave.

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/a.386178974243.167508.136972659243/10153859868149244/?type=3&theater

81OkkEdcXKL._SL1500__(resized).jpg81OkkEdcXKL._SL1500__(resized).jpg

#126 8 years ago

Question about LE distribution outside of the US. My understanding is there will be 250 units sent to various distributors. Does anyone know if each and every stern distributor gets an allocation (even if it's only one)? Trying to purchase from Dubai, UAE and local distributor so far has not been helpful. To compound the issue, Stern are not responding to my emails! Any inside knowledge appreciated!

Dear Stern, want to sell me a pinball machine or not!?

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from swampy76:

Question about LE distribution outside of the US. My understanding is there will be 250 units sent to various distributors. Does anyone know if each and every stern distributor gets an allocation (even if it's only one)? Trying to purchase from Dubai, UAE and local distributor so far has not been helpful.

GB LE allocations were divided up to various priority distributors worldwide and by country region.
Stern gives preference to those that deal in high volume sales especially for LEs.
Your best choice is to contact the closest "platinum" distributor in the Middle East region via review on the Stern website.
The distributors listed on the website will give you the best chance to still obtain this version title of the machine.
Otherwise you will have to "outsource" have one shipped in, if one is still available.
Many of the overseas LEs are also spoken for already via pre order.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

10K for a GBLE ? After guys here that music over n over n over ? Who ya gonna call I'd say Mr pinball classifieds. And dump it !

That's one of the reasons I haven't preordered GB yet. I am wondering about the annoying factor of repetitive music.
I'm going to wait until I can play this in person.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I'm going to wait until I can play this in person.

Do people really do this???

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Do people really do this???

This sounds boring.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hey, good one! Almost funny, except for that the music is quite varied and you really don't hear the main Ghostbusters theme all that much...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-le-available/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.