• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81OkkEdcXKL._SL1500__(resized).jpg
Send_the_wolf_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is TWD a top rated game?

You be the judge. It certainly wasn't when it was released, but recent code has a lot of people changing their minds.

http://gameroomblog.com/features/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Premium for $5700 net

Where does one find this deal? Best iv'e found is $6700 delivered w/free shaker

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but you have to remember that there were also 200 LTBR editions. basically, they took the LE and fragmented it into 2 offerings

Unfortunately the LTBR were too close to the premiums as far as art package. GB has a long way to go to be in the same breath as Acdc.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Where does one find this deal? Best iv'e found is $6700 delivered w/free shaker

I think he basically said to sell the LE for $1K more than you bought it for and put that towards a premium. At $6700 price you'd be looking at $5700 net cost.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GB will go down as one of Sterns best pins.

That's just our hope but no way anyone can know this for sure. Calm down Freak.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I think he basically said to sell the LE for $1K more than you bought it for and put that towards a premium. At $6700 price you'd be looking at $5700 net cost.

Duh! Daylight savings jacked me for an hours sleep...I'm a bit dim this am.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

That's just our hope but no way anyone can know this for sure. Calm down Freak.

Agree - all speculation off a few pics right now. Code and gameplay will dictate price in the end.

#58 8 years ago

I'm curious how the magnet slings will work out. That is a significant change compared to what is normally there and it could be better or worse. If all we have to go off is the gameplay on the pro this week then I guess we really won't know till the LE's start shipping.

#59 8 years ago

This video still sums up the Stern GB LE "Kool-Aid" drinkers.
I wish it was not as accurate as he humorously reports, but it is just nails it.
I have tried to kindly advise people to be cautious with their enthusiasm.

"Play test the hell out of a game before buying NIB, HUO, or routed".
If you cannot do that, just drop a few dollars into the machine of choice, your opinion will be enlightened, one way or another.
It does not take the long to figure out if a game has potential or not.
This does not just apply to Stern games, but ANY game.
If the code "blows", that is not necessarily the "end of the story", but perhaps a pause is needed.

Some will then say, "but there is no machine locally I can test play"!
Doing a quick search on Android applications such as "Pinball Locations", it might surprise people.
If a person is still stuck go to a distributor that has a showroom, or has games out for test play.
Other again will say, "but they are not in my area"!
If a buyer can afford a NIB machine, they can afford fuel, time, or a plane ticket.

Some people need to "get burned to learn", and I absolutely hate this has to happen, as some never come back after the first mistake and bow out of the hobby due to getting severely butt hurt.

If a buyer doesn't care about the money, there is no reason to complain if a game is a dog.
A person was not "cheated" or "deceived".
Keep in mind ALL new pinball machine designs have some type of "achilles heels" and the test game play periods of Stern games are VERY SHORT now.
Rarely to all the mechanical, electronic, or design issues identified before manufacture process commences.
Some can be fixed, some cannot, as it becomes "too late in the game" to fix shot flow for example.
Code completion is a completely different subject, and it is what is right now.

"Hitler reacts to Ghostbuster's Pinball coming with a DMD":

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm curious how the magnet slings will work out. That is a significant change compared to what is normally there and it could be better or worse. If all we have to go off is the gameplay on the pro this week then I guess we really won't know till the LE's start shipping.

I'm guessing that they tested the heck out of them. JT said, some ideas they want to implement but after review can't be done. So hopefully it's not just change for no reason. I'd have liked them to be out on WWE or some prior title that's for sure.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

f all we have to go off is the gameplay on the pro this week

Is a pro confirmed to be the one going live Tuesday?

#62 8 years ago

Stern is the New Williams.

I have to politely disagree. While W/B pins had their problems NIB I don't think you had ink chipping off PFs after a few months on route much less in someone's home. You didn't have cab art peeling off the cab out of the box. Their build quality was pretty much consistent from one game to the other, i.e. you didn't have to guess what they would cheap out on next be it a plastic apron or some BS little latches on the lock bar or no rails underneath or whatever. I will say that going from looks GB looks like the shit and I want one but I bought Xmen sight unseen and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I will wait till I play it and the code is more complete. I also don't think they were nearly as expensive as they are today.

#63 8 years ago

I have no GB on order nor plans to buy one.

To those who think that different cabinet artwork, backglass and limited numbers won't make a game worth quite a bit more have forgotten BSM.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Stern is the New Williams.
I have to politely disagree. While W/B pins had their problems NIB I don't think you had ink chipping off PFs after a few months on route much less in someone's home. You didn't have cab art peeling off the cab out of the box. Their build quality was pretty much consistent from one game to the other, i.e. you didn't have to guess what they would cheap out on next be it a plastic apron or some BS little latches on the lock bar or no rails underneath or whatever. I will say that going from looks GB looks like the shit and I want one but I bought Xmen sight unseen and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I will wait till I play it and the code is more complete. I also don't think they were nearly as expensive as they are today.

If you go by inflation I'd guess the prices - at least for a pro - line up pretty much perfectly.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I also don't think they were nearly as expensive as they are today.

that statement and $4 will buy you a cup of coffee.

What I mean, are you saying there is another company making new pins that is cheaper than B/W were back in the 90s? If not then what is your point?

Movie tickets were $4.50 back in 1997 (I looked it up) now the average ticket is $8.50

what's your point?

If you want to buy a new B/W have at it. Oh, that's right they're not making pins any more.

Back in the 70s a calculator cost $400 (probably the equivalent to more than $2000) now you can get one for $20. Are you saying everyone should pay the same price for the same products regardless of timeframe?

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

You will be able to get a premium for $6700 shipped with a free shaker for quite some time...That should keep LE inflation in check

Please PM me the distributor where I can get a premium for $6700 shipped with the shaker. Thanks... Glenn

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you want to buy a new B/W have at it.Oh, that's right they're not making pins any more.

Actually, as I am sure you are aware, you can still find a few NIB floating around if you want one.
Probably not the titles people want, however.
I just passed up another NIB Slugfest (3rd and final short production run) with original topper, card dispenser, full competent of baseball cards for install, $4k.
The last of a 5X stockpile of NIB Black Knights (1981) just sold in the last 6 months for $6.5k by another broker.

They do exist, and although rare are certainly not impossible to find, you just to be patient, which is uncommon in this hobby.
Still a few really good gold nuggets, but you are going to "pay the piper".

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I will say that going from looks GB looks like the shit and I want one but I bought Xmen sight unseen and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. I will wait till I play it and the code is more complete. I also don't think they were nearly as expensive as they are today.

That is interesting. I sold my X-MEN LE and am now looking for another one. I thought it was a fun game; although, I must admit they don't bring much. I think I sold it for $5k and it was mint.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Does anyone know any vendors that still have GB LE available for sale?

I have a LE on order and could maybe give it up...

#70 8 years ago

To me, paying the release price on an LE is done for my personal satisfaction of being "in the game" for a hot new pinball title and all that goes with that- Opening mine NIB when the title is still new and fresh, talking about all the cool things for the first time, and discovering code (or lack thereof) and getting to talk about all of it with others. And let's not forget the fun of inviting your pinball friends over, grabbing a drink, and discussing the new game and just having a lot of fun.

This hobby to me is my escape, and if I lose $ on this title, I'm good with the money spent for the fun/excitement I get out of it. If it goes up in value, that's great too... But I really have no expectation that will happen. For all I know, I'll be selling it in a year for a $500-$1K loss to buy the next game. I can't think of a better way to spend $500-$1K though.

You opinions and priorities (or budget) may be different, to each their own, right?

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GB has a long way to go to be in the same breath as Acdc.

Well it doesn't have an idiotic lower playfield so that's a start!

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If everyone stole their movies soon enough we wouldn't have any more new movies being made.

Seen the trailer for the GB reboot yet....?

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

To me, paying the release price on an LE is done for my personal satisfaction of being "in the game" for a hot new pinball title and all that goes with that- Opening mine NIB when the title is still new and fresh, talking about all the cool things for the first time, and discovering code (or lack thereof) and getting to talk about all of it with others. And let's not forget the fun of inviting your pinball friends over, grabbing a drink, and discussing the new game and just having a lot of fun.

This hobby to me is my escape, and if I lose $ on this title, I'm good with the money spent for the fun/excitement I get out of it. If it goes up in value, that's great too... But I really have no expectation that will happen. For all I know, I'll be selling it in a year for a $500-$1K loss to buy the next game. I can't think of a better way to spend $500-$1K though.

You opinions and priorities (or budget) may be different, to each their own, right?

You're my brother from another mother .

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Would you stop all that "making sense" and "subjective" talk? Don't you know WhereTF you are... ?

I am with you 100%. Some of us put time in with project pins, hand-me-downs, and working on games more than playing them. If someone can afford NIB and enjoys the "rush of owning the new game", why should someone else basically "backhanded compliment" an excited NIB buyer about it? Some people really need to stop with all the preachy judgmental "when I was your age, pinball machines were the cost of a stick of gum, but thanks to buyers driving up the price they are the cost of a boat" comments.

SOMEONE SOMEWHERE has to buy the NIB games so some "smart/unemotionally charged" people can "be smart and save their money and show good common sense" and buy HUO. HTF is someone going to buy HUO if someone else doesn't buy the game for them?

We get it - the prices of NIB games are going up because people don't know how to say no. Guess what? Some of us don't want to say no, so please stop telling people how to spend their money. It's getting really old -____-.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

This hobby to me is my escape

Amen brother!

#76 8 years ago

I'm happy with the Prem at 6700.00 shipped that has all the same play features of the LE and a decent looking backglass too. So slimmer isn't on the side and Gary didn't give me a certificate but I didn't have to give an extra $2300 as well. Unless it's an LE or die situation for you or you find an excellent deal, the Prem will play the same. I wouldn't cave in to those supply and demand prices.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

but I didn't have to give an extra $2300 as well

I doubt anyone is giving $2300 over a premium for an LE.

But to your point... the play is the same. I prefer the LE art work, however the premium and pro are really nice too.

#78 8 years ago

I don't flip games but if I did my agenda would be all over NIB threads too. Gotta sniff test that market on a new title!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

that statement and $4 will buy you a cup of coffee.
What I mean, are you saying there is another company making new pins that is cheaper than B/W were back in the 90s? If not then what is your point?
Movie tickets were $4.50 back in 1997 (I looked it up) now the average ticket is $8.50
what's your point?
If you want to buy a new B/W have at it. Oh, that's right they're not making pins any more.
Back in the 70s a calculator cost $400 (probably the equivalent to more than $2000) now you can get one for $20. Are you saying everyone should pay the same price for the same products regardless of timeframe?

Im not going by the actual price. Im going by inflation. If you were buying a W/B pin today going by inflated prices what would it cost? If Levi is correct and it would match up with a pro then lets just compare a W/B to a premium Stern which is around $2000 to higher. I don't want a stripped down pin even at a "cheap" price, I want all the goodness of the full blown pin or I will do without.
Im not starting a fight but I do not believe that you can compare what you get in quality and price of a Stern to what you got to a W/B machine. But then again W/B no longer exists so the argument is somewhat futile.

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I doubt anyone is giving $2300 over a premium for an LE

I know a few dealers that sold them at 8k shipped which was 700 under Stern msrp which is cool, then there are a few that have them up at 8999.99 and sadly I'm sure they will sell at that price.

As for the LE itself, it sure is a pretty machine and grats to all who got in on one wish I did, but the ones who jacked the because of the supply and demand can keep it IMHO but like I said they'll go.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Im not going by the actual price. Im going by inflation. If you were buying a W/B pin today going by inflated prices what would it cost? If Levi is correct and it would match up with a pro then lets just compare a W/B to a premium Stern which is around $2000 to higher. I don't want a stripped down pin even at a "cheap" price, I want all the goodness of the full blown pin or I will do without.
Im not starting a fight but I do not believe that you can compare what you get in quality and price of a Stern to what you got to a W/B machine. But then again W/B no longer exists so the argument is somewhat futile.

Not trying to fight but just pointing out a few things.

B/W does exist they just don't make pinball machines, their shareholders didn't want them making something that had a low profit margin. Stern should be able to make whatever profit they can. Do you complain about how much a first class plane ticket costs? Do you complain about how much a iPhone costs? Apple has 45% profit margins. Some car companies have 30% or more profit margins.

B/W stopped selling pins because their profit margins wasn't good enough for them to stay in the pinball buisness. If Stern stopped making pins, we'd not have had pins like Met, Tron, IM, AcDc etc..

If anyone doesn't like their price don't buy them, you don't need to complain about what's not gonna happen. If you want a premium Stern for $4700 that's not happening.

You can say B/W pins are way better quality. That's fine, you can buy all the B/W pins you want. I don't see how Sterns existence bothers you. If you don't like them as you clearly say you can't compare the quality of B/W. Then why do you even care what Stern charges?

You can't compare a company that no longer makes pins and what they would cost today. Likely if B/W was making pins they'd be charging more than Sten, because they have better quality. Stern would be VW and B/W would be BMW. In that case maybe Stern would have to sell cheaper since obviously to you they make inferior quality games. But you know what in my example Stern is VW and B/W is the Edsel it doesn't exist as a car company any more.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

$8.50 for a movie ticket? where do you live at? Even matinee shows cost over $10 around here.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

$8.50 for a movie ticket? where do you live at? Even matinee shows cost over $10 around here.

Wife and I went to see Deadpool matinee, think it was $13 total for both tix.... and it was (tuesday) free small popcorn for each of us.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wife and I went to see Deadpool matinee, think it was $13 total for both tix.... and it was (tuesday) free small popcorn for each of us.

How did you like it? I just saw it and thought it was great. Laughed my ass off.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Old people do this too with food, it's called "early bird".. they kill it with the specials by eating at 4pm.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

How did you like it? I just saw it and thought it was great. Laughed my ass off.

F'ing hilarious, probably my fav Marvel movie they have made so far

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Old people do this too with food, it's called "early bird".. they kill it with the specials by eating at 4pm.

Mrs. and I have the luxury of being self employed so we go do what we want, whenever. Carpe Diem!

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Cool man. Gary, I'll take the "Early Bird" Special on my GBLE that will ship in March for the "Early Bird" cost of $6,700 shipped. I'm liking this "Early Bird" thing!

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Edsel it doesn't exist as a car company any more.

FORD!

#89 8 years ago

Several GB LE for sale still
Price $9k

Buy now or miss out ?

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Several GB LE for sale still
Price $9k
Buy now or miss out ?

I say miss out......Im a premium dude till the day I die.

When i throw games in my basement you cant see any artwork anyway, I love to see them in pics, but if the PF is the same.....Premium rules.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Stern kicking themselves for limiting to 500? lol
Agree premiums will keep the price in check. if it truly is the "next addams family" those 500 won't be leaving collectors hands easily and someone who wants the slimer edition will have to pay for it.

Hmmm, the next Addams family. How about we compare with modern Stern like AC/DC. They were/are a very popular band globally.
Whilst GB was a very popular movie I'm not so sure globally NOW it's as big. We will sell a few here but no where near as many as the aforementioned. Similar story in Europe I imagine. I have teenage kids and mention AC/DC and they say cool. Mention GB and they say lame. I'm thinking it will not be as bigger seller as some are predicting. Time will tell but it's great to speculate.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hmmm, the next Addams family. How about we compare with modern Stern like AC/DC. They were/are a very popular band globally.
Whilst GB was a very popular movie I'm not so sure globally NOW it's as big. We will sell a few here but no where near as many as the aforementioned. Similar story in Europe I imagine. I have teenage kids and mention AC/DC and they say cool. Mention GB and they say lame. I'm thinking it will not be as bigger seller as some are predicting. Time will tell but it's great to speculate.

GOOD send back the other 250 LE's.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

GOOD send back the other 250 LE's.

We got 8.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I have teenage kids and mention AC/DC and they say cool. Mention GB and they say lame. I'm thinking it will not be as bigger seller as some are predicting. Time will tell but it's great to speculate.

I'm sure this is true for most current teenage kids. None of them were the market though as most teenage kids don't have 8K to spend on pinball. Their dads are the market for this game, so what kids think is cool will likely have zero affect on game sales.

#95 8 years ago

Glad to hear that a teenage kid who lives with his parents and has their iPhone bill paid by them will not be buying a GB because it is not as cool as ACDC. Maybe they can save enough money to buy the app on their phone?

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Good point. Only 18% of the box office revenue for GB was overseas and that was 30 years ago. Does anyone overseas know what GB is anymore? Revenue for IM, for example, was 45% world wide and that is a recent flick. The interest in GB for the rest of the world should be higher than the U.S. to justify sending half of the LE games overseas.

Not saying overseas buyers should not get any LE's, but how does this make sense? Does Stern do this to get the pin more hyped up in the U.S.? Does Stern even do half of their total sales outside the U.S.? Where does this half the LEs always go overseas come from? Fill me in.

I call BS until someone can come up with a good reason for this.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I have teenage kids and mention AC/DC and they say cool. Mention GB and they say lame. I'm thinking it will not be as bigger seller as some are predicting.

I have teenage kids as well and when I mention AC/DC, they laugh. They think they're a joke along the lines of Spinal Tap.

When I mention GB, they have no reaction. They know very little about the movie and even less about its starring cast so maybe you will turn out to be right.

#98 8 years ago

GB is definitely a title for us old farts. Not teenagers.

I'm not saying they won't enjoy the game, or that the movie is not enjoyable for them if they watched it, but it's not something for current teenagers. It's for us children of the 80s.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have teenage kids as well and when I mention AC/DC, they laugh. They think they're a joke along the lines of Spinal Tap.
When I mention GB, they have no reaction. They know very little about the movie and even less about its starring cast so maybe you will turn out to be right.

For fun- What music do your teenage kids like?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

GB is definitely a title for us old farts. Not teenagers.
I'm not saying they won't enjoy the game, or that the movie is not enjoyable for them if they watched it, but it's not something for current teenagers. It's for us children of the 80s.

Or is it for parents who buy pins and say "c'mon Honey the the kids will play it all the time and love it!".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-le-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.