main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

There was a post in the review thread about fixing Slimer: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-my-half-ass-review/page/4#post-3112941

Might make sense to you I can't visualize what is being tie wrapped based on the breakdown but please post pictures if you make the same fix!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

I have no idea what the spec is supposed to be from stern. Running the cable over that connector worked in this case. The only thing I see that could be bad is vibration from the cable stressing out the connector for the flasher board. The black plastic on top keeps everything snug.
There doesn't seem to be any type of adjustment other that cutting the wire ties and the shrink tubing to adjust the length of the braided cable.

You had to cut the shrink tubing for the pictures you showed or that was just a suggestion? I don't see any wire ties in your before and afters but I might be missing them

Thanks for the info!

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Also, in lane ball guides are too short. The ball has jumped over these several time while i was playing.

I know it has been said already in the "main" thread and in the review thread, but holy crap this^^^

I understand if they were trying to save on plastic I guess(?) but having them be so short is absurd. Got in around 20 games tonight and this was far and away the most frustrating part. The game is already brutally difficult as it is without getting scummed on a moderately fast ball hopping right over the guide. Really fun game aside from a few one-hoppers

What is the easiest way to mod this that doesn't look like total crap?

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I played my first games tonight at the Pinball Lounge!
No issues with slimer, no issues with balls jumping over lanes.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The rail jumps we had seemed to come at an angle and be at the impact with the immediate front of the wire guide.

You appear to be confused, sir. Has to be one or the other. But I played on that table and it was guide jumps all day so I will go with the latter.

Center post is awful but it did help with the balls out of the left side of the pops when you could not nudge it into the guide. I can't imagine requesting someone drill a hole in a brand new playfield like that

That wire solution picture makes me want to cry.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No confusion. "I" had no issues.....I didnt consider one time on a bunch of games, an "issue".
"We" had jumps, refers collectively to the guys I was playing with, and then in conversation later
that evening with others who went to the open house. I was referring with "we" to mean collectively my friends. Collectively "we" had issues.
Taken out of context, with assumptions, perhaps confused you.

So you somehow left out at first that the other people you played with had issues? Seems like an important piece of context since your review implied there were no issues on the table you played and the topic of the thread is issues.

Were you the "hey this game has a reverse skill shot!" guy? (Whatever that means.)

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

has anyone else with 1.04 code noticed getting Storage Facility is a bit different now? No longer can do it with 3 left ramp shots when it is first lit like with 1.0. I haven't had enough time with the new code yet to discover everything, but that was one thing i noticed, or maybe i am missing something...
Basically hit the left captive balls a few times to light Storage Facility, hit the left ramp shot, and then have to do the left captive balls to light Storage Facility again. Does this sound right? I didnt actually get far enough in to get the Storage Facility going again on 1.04. Hope to take a closer look tonight.

Ugh, that is a gross change. Investing in going after the captive balls is dangerous enough that I kind of liked it staying lit (and was fine with one lock out of Tobin/pops as mentioned) but I guess it was a bug

Hopefully they buffed the chances of the pops lighting the lock to compensate. I recall seeing that happen a lot in Jack's video but confirmation bias, sample size, etc.

1 week later
#414 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I mentioned it on the "Real Ghostbusters Thread" a couple days ago, Stern has paused production of the Pro's (and maybe the LE/Prem too) in order to "re-work the Slimer mechanism" and have the engineering dept. at Stern come up with a resolution on the wireform bending problem.

Is this official from Stern or just a rumor?

#416 7 years ago

That is kind of awesome actually and now I *don't* want to get mine this week if they are fixing stuff.

Did they mention this on their Facebook page or anything or do you just know a guy who knows a guy, etc.?

#423 7 years ago

The warranty only covers CPU board defects and display failures.

I am sure they will hook people up with cheap parts if they swap something out but Stern is under no obligation to do so.

#436 7 years ago

Man now i am super torn and kind of want my Pro to be delayed

The Pro I play on location has a totally jacked up Slimer already and I don't want to have to deal with that, but I guess I could just buy the new mech directly from Stern...

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from flyusa007:

I just contacted my distributor today 5/20/2016 about getting the new Slimmer mechanism for free. I will let you all know how it goes

Please do! I am reaching out to my distributor as well. I don't mind paying up but I am not going to deal with that old Slimer mech if I don't have to.

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My friend had a problem with his slimmer to. He moved the top part up allowing the wire to go with a bigger bent and it works flawless now. Perfect registering every hit besides the very soft ones.
I think below picture better explains what I mean
Hope this info also helps you guys. With him really perfect now

Can you try explaining it a different way? Your picture just looks like the Slimer mech, I can't see what is different.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

He loosened the 2 top nuts. I dont see how this can help unless it made the metal plate move more. I can only see that helping if the 2 long bolts coming up through mech were loose from factory. Seemed that when i had it all apart when i would push the metal plate down it would register a hit.

My distributor has contacted Stern to get me the new mech. Im CCd on email so we will see how it goes soon

Yeah I didn't understand it either. Definitely appreciate the info about getting the mech from Stern and thanks for keeping us posted!

I told my distributor to just order me one but have not heard back yet.

#527 7 years ago

Man i don't care about wires and connectors at all, those can be covered up. I just want the stupid thing to work. Pretty sure it is supposed to register all kinds that wobble him. Slimer isn't supposed to be insanely difficult to chase away.

On the old mech table I play on even a full solid shot directly down the lightning bolt only registers about 50% of the time. And you can tell something is wrong because in multiplayer games the shaker motor goes off when resetting the captive balls and it will register a hit for the next player if he is working on Slimer

Still not sure what to do about the outlane guides. Can they be pulled without wrecking the playfield?

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will email them but I don't even know if they speak English ,we can only hope someone will import these kits for usa .

They won't ship to America?

That is the ball-hopping solution I knew would come along eventually Looks amazing sirlonzealot!

#547 7 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I've had virtually no problems out of the box. A 5 minute adjustment of Slimer, some airballs and a few Scoleri brothers that don't want to drop on the 1st hit. I don't find the outlanes or wide flipper gap an issue personally.
Still a blast and nothing like the bitch GOT was getting playing 100%

Did you make the same Slimer adjustment in this thread with moving the cable?

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Pu means Pinball Universe, they design this kit

I can pay you via paypal for the cost of shipping and the kit if you want to help out some pinball brothers across the pond

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If I can get them to ship to me in the UK I would be more than happy to get a bunch sent to me and fire them out to people state side if needed, no problem at all helping fellow pinheads across the pond.

That would be amazing. I desperately need this mod haha.

#593 7 years ago

Only issue so far out of the box is a full plunge is hitting something around the right orbit gate behind Stay Puft. I can't tell if I need to bend the guide or if the ball is getting too much air and hitting the gate high (playfield is at 6.5° nothing fancy)

I can work around it but auto plunges are hard enough they end up stopping short and coming back down the right orbit instead of all the way around. Not the worst but it feels clunky.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Pinball life will have the pinball universe kits in 2 weeks

Sick!!!

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

This happened at first but had resolved itself after about the first hundred games. I learned how to short plunge and start a mode fast because of it! Haha

I need someone to play the game while I look with the glass off because I can't even tell exactly what is happening. I do see Stay Puft wiggle now though when it happens so I assume it is getting too much air off the plunge and hitting him in the side?

#606 7 years ago

I do have a pretty big dent(?) in my playfield from an airball in front of the Terror Dog drop target. Kind of makes the ball wobble a little if it is going slowly. I guess that is just a normal part of the playfield getting broken in but it kind of sucks a little.

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

you will have a boatload of little dimples after 50-100 games. as you go on longer they'll all even out. I was panicking a little when i first noticed this, since I am a first time NIB buyer. ive been told now over and over, its normal.

yeah i have those too, this one is like really huge though. maybe it shipped that way and i didn't notice but it is a pretty noticeable dimple that is bigger than the normal ones.

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Added this fix to the list.

My plunger already has a red spring though if that is what is being discussed. And even if I replaced it the auto plunge doesn't use the spring so it would still happen on ball saves and at the beginning of multiball. I need a real fix with whatever is being collided with.

Also after about 50 games my Book Stacking ball guide is bent badly and the ball is stuck. Has the extra ball fix been working for people?

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I forgot to check my audits last night, but I put in a second ball before the first game was played on it. I didn't notice a curve when playing yesterday. Didn't get right over it to see if it's perfect, but the captive ball was working for sure.

Appreciate the info. I also don't care if mine curves at all I just want it to work.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

People are replacing the red/orange spring with a green one. The ball seems to be hitting the bottom of stay puft then doesn't make it around the orbit.

Thank you, that makes sense. I wish there was a way to turn down the auto-plunge power in the options menu...

I can't complain though the game plays amazing not counting these minor issues. And the first one (book stacking captive ball) took less than 5 minutes to fix.

#646 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Misspelling on playfield still there. Tons of airballs off Scoleri bros, couple of lane jumps (not too bad) and Slimer registers everything.

Have you done anything to fix slimer? I notice your Slimer mech looks like mine does where it is straight-ish but definitely not perpendicular through the assembly. Mine registers even tiny table shakes and will sometimes double hit on a solid hit. I don't mind it being easier versus annoyingly impossible since the modes are the meat of the game but I would like to fix it if possible.

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I'll check if shakes or nudges register next week. Do you think just making it perpendicular will solve it?

For sure. The cable is too close to the front of the actuator plate, so he doesn't register side glances improperly, but anything dead-on double registers. The ball rolling into him slowly from behind out of the pops is enough for a hit to register and sometimes the wobble from the pops going off will too. A weak nudge forward on the table registers about 90% of the time.

It might be easiest to zip the top part of the cable snugly into place. Going to take the glass off tomorrow and mess with it some.

1 week later
#705 7 years ago

I don't understand installing the PBU kit

The diagram makes it look like you install it under the original plastic but that isn't possible since it is bolted in everywhere and would be uneven.

Never mind I see the post in the other thread from phbooms...

#714 7 years ago

I can not fix "new" Slimer mech for the life of me. Mine looks exactly like the picture in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/10#post-3161251

The bottom of the cable hits the front of the assembly too easily since it is sort of tilted forward. I tried to straighten it up but it doesn't stay and i am not even sure a zip tie would help.

Does anyone have an overly sensitive newer Slimer mech that they were able to adjust?

(I feel like Stern could easily adjust this in software as well since the switch hits so rapidly on hard hits when you test it.)

3 weeks later
#735 7 years ago

Managed to finally fix my "new" Slimer mech. It took a zip tie to do and looks ugly as hell but he will not register at all to the pops or vigorous shaking and registers great with clean hits.

My only remaining issue is the diverter switch for the left ramp to the Storage Facility. It activates any time a clean orbit shot or plunge happens as well as when it should (Storage Facility locks, starting modes.) It didn't seem to be a problem at first but the overworking seems to make it not work after a lot of games if I don't unplug and replug the machine or go into diagnostics menu and force it to work in the coil test. Maybe something in that switch assembly is becoming magnetized? Not sure how to investigate it further or if part if it is a software bug. Any ideas or anyone seen this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.