Topic Stats

• 4,440 posts
  • 519 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png
C7EC193A-FD74-4DE0-9F4D-C3126E05D879 (resized).jpeg
564490C6-944B-41B6-9606-ECFA2D4ED963 (resized).jpeg
D864302A-8C2C-48A2-9FB6-84A8DCDD72D5 (resized).jpeg
Drop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
20190922_151526 (resized).jpg
20190922_194026 (resized).jpg
IMG_6764 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (4 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3775 2 years ago

My GB Prem delivered today and it is airball heaven (insert sarcastic shocked face here)..... I looked thru a lot of threads and a couple pages back on this one, an operator said that the Modfather protectors were cracking from straight hits. This is HUO so play wouldn't be as high.

Has anyone else tried the Modfather protectors (both left ramp and inlane/outlane)? I like the creative cut of those, but the coloring is a bit much for me. I like the clear that they offer. I looked at PinGrafix and LittleShopofGames as well. They all seem to be a variation on the same design. Are all the versions pretty comparable at stopping the problem?

#3788 2 years ago

My GB Prem isn't registering left ramp hits on a clean-fast shot from the right flipper. If I backhand it from the left, or if a right shot rattles a little but still makes it up the ramp it registers. If the ball rolls quickly and cleanly up the ramp from the right flipper, nothing...if I get into a looping rhythm from the right...none of them register.

Has anyone had this? I've been advised to bend the switch shown. Should I bend the "horseshoe" end more open, bend the entire arm out, or bend the arm closer...making the arm travel less to activate the switch. Or is it simply trial and error until it registers?!?

IMG_3379 (resized).jpg

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

SUPER COMMON problem on that ramp. Bend the leaf out more. You should be able to feel the click when the switch registers. You want that to happen at about the 3/4 point of the stroke.

Registering on all shots! Thanks....

1 month later
#3912 2 years ago

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't see any "fixes". The storage facility multiball lightshow needs to be toned down. When I lose balls in this mode, most just roll down the middle off of a flipper because I didn't even see the ball. Has anybody come up with any ideas that are easily implemented?

5 months later
#4115 1 year ago

Had something new happen this weekend. Drain out of multiball, and there is a lot of clicking going on under the playfield toward the back. New ball loads in the shooter lane, and before I plunge it I get a screen stating Xnumber of ghosts caught and the ball plunges itself. Clicking continues and suddenly Storage Facility is lit with "Storage Facility Lit" appearing on the screen.

I have no idea what is going on, but it looks like the pop bumpers are giving out their slot machine type awards without the ball in the bumpers. Once that next ball is gone, the clicking and free awards stop. This happened twice in the same session.

Any idea what is happening? I'm hoping it's just a software bug that will be addressed in the next update. Both times it was after draining the last ball on a multiball....

#4122 1 year ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Pro or premium?
Usually when this happens it is one of the optos. Probably loose connection, maybe loose wire or poor alignment. On location last night we had a GOT nearly destroy itself during stark when the ramp optos started flaking out and firing the red tremor non-stop. Reseating the connectors on the node board was all that was needed.
I know there is an opto on the ecto goggles, not sure if there are others. Clicking was probably an eject or diverter firing. As someone else said, put the game in switch test and see what is triggering.

It's a premium. I'll run the test tonight in a normal state and see if it shows anything. I may need to catch it when it's happening and try to run it as well.

I had the opto on my ST warp ramp get out of alignment mid-game. All I could here was "warp...warp...warp". The callout couldn't even keep up. I'm now the warp champ with 97. That record should stand for a while!! I've thought about trying to clear it out, but I don't want to lose my GC score.

#4123 1 year ago

I ran the switch test. It hangs on the third switch. The test doesn't continue. It just sits on the screen in the pic and clicks continuously. I'll pull the manual tomorrow and see if I can decipher what the test is telling me. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

GB Switch Test (resized).jpg
#4126 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Reseat all of the connections around the opto under the playfield. If this doesn't fix it then it looks like you are in the market for a new Single drop target opto board. Those are notorious. You can disable the Scolari Brother target in settings so that it stops impeding your gameplay until you can fix it.

I haven't checked the book, but I thought that wording was describing the right Scolari target as well. What doesn't make sense is the targets function normally. They activate correctly and drop correctly. What's happening "in-game" is I'm getting random awards (like random ghosts caught or storage facility becoming lit). I hope that doesn't mean that there is something else going on as well.

Hopefully I can identify the board you're talking about, or I'll be back asking more newb questions! Thanks!!

#4140 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Page 36 in the manual part, # 520-5252-01. Check connectors first.

I reseated all connectors at the indicated area. No switch issue over the weekend. Hopefully that's the end of it...Thanks!

1 year later
#4428 3 months ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

My storage facility eject is currently launching home runs at me. Anyone come across this? I had the power setting previously at 15 with no issues before. Now power 15 hits flipper in the air. I turned it down to 12 or 13; any lower and it goes right down the middle. My options cant be home run shot at me or ball goes down middle.
Am I missing something?

Did you wax the playfield recently? Whenever I clean and wax a game, all of the ejects are wild for a bit of time. Eventually, they go back to the predictable pattern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside