New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158288)

Ghostbuster Issue Thread

By exflexer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,469 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 713 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (4 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 4 years ago

(to follow)

1 month later
#711 4 years ago

or just DIY
i'm still experiencing some ideas, but if needeed will go in a shop making/cutting some "plexy" and ask them just what i want...

IMGP1679_(resized).JPG

IMGP1678_(resized).JPG

IMGP1677_(resized).JPG

#712 4 years ago

also :

IMGP1675_(resized).JPG

IMGP1672_(resized).JPG

IMGP1669_(resized).JPG

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:Can't you just raise the outlane wire guides or are they too short?

Quoted from Kevlar:

Exactly, very easy 5 minute fix. I shake my head every time I read about these over the top plastics to stop lane jumping.

well, seing how the ball is jumping on some cases, it would not be OK at 100%
of course suppose it's linked on how the game is setup, as the slope & coils power...
i've noticed that most of the time, on mine pin, it's the "central" small wire guide that make ball jumping, than may be something to do there

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My outlane guides went right through the playfield till flush with the underside. I knocked them back through only about 1/8", if that. That was all it took to stop the jumping. Same with the little guides between the inlanes.

done here too, lets see how it goes (even if i didnt remove my DIY plastics... )

btw, another idea is to completly change these type of guides, as (for example) the ones in JUDGE DREDD

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1322/image-7.jpg

may be another mod idea... or even better, a free replacement provided by STERN to all GB customers...

2 weeks later
#744 4 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

...with just backhanding the targets.

and so, i (quite) always do as it, the 1st reason from my player POV its because its safe shooting that way

1 week later
#748 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It's supposed to kick it to the right flipper.
I've only had one issue with my LE. If I shoot the main ramp and it doesn't make it out the exit you can see it rolling back and forth in the subway. Eventually it will fall sideways into the lock shot but if it takes to long to do that the game freezes up then the screen says resetting and the whole game resets.

quite strange, as if ball passed OK the higher point, should than bring/have enough speed to finish in the inlane...
what about putting some more slope on yours ?

1 week later
#788 4 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

New GB Pro. Scoleri Bro drops not dropping when hit straight on? Does anyone know if this is meant to be this way?

know prob from the begining, easy solution is : change spring with some more powerfull

OR

from a player point of view, as its more than safer, get the target with the same side flipper, and than hitting like this its working perfectly

#790 4 years ago

thats how i see it too

#836 4 years ago

about slimer, i think its hard to talk/share experience, as we all have "different" feeling about it

i want mine making contact ONLY if its a direct powerfull center hit
as example, dont want to get contact for an unwated soft touch from a side or a ball simply falling from the bumpers...

and at the moment lets admit its working as that

2 weeks later
#975 4 years ago

nothing has changed since day 1...
until now, its just a question of luck, than with or without ghosting
and dont be to much happy if you're in the "without" club, as may be this can quickly change in time

1 week later
#1144 4 years ago

just DIY, lots of examples already in previous post

1 week later
#1230 4 years ago

about the slime on custom plastics, what about real water-paint (not to much liquid, to have some consistency) dropped at top of it and have to fall down a little, and than get a more real efx ?

will try it asap...

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My GB pro is still holding up well. No chipping or ghosting. I have maybe 150 plays.
Rob

my 2nd one is (well, seems for now...) OK too, but this is really painfull to see all that misery for lots of others guys :/

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

...I guess they would have cost $0.50 more each

should be like the "bubble leveler" at the shooterlane, seems that not evbd have it installed...

#1252 4 years ago

f*cking h*ll

the node9 goes wrong again !
hopefully this time, a simple shut off/on and all "seems" OK again, but come one, pin is 3 weeks old, i'm right at 89 games played on it, its not as we were playing hard our games while kicking them

already got that prob with my 1st (ghosting) GB...

and i've just seen that these 2 CPU node (8 & 9) are already tweaked with a green cable soldier on them
i remember another guy posting a pic of that, did these node were tweaked before leaving the factory !?
again, on the 1st pin, didnt think it was as it

pfff
a so beautifull & nice pinball, with so much probs on it (even if here its "spike", not GB itself)...

3 weeks later
#1306 4 years ago

+1

not a strange thing, but most a small software bug

2 weeks later
#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This seems like it could have been avoided. I know...I know... I need to install an air ball guard.

from where jump the ball ?

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

It was a grazing shot off the 2X. I was in he slimed me and was shooting left ramp at the time. I think the guards people have would have stopped it, but it depends on the clearance at the back, since it kind of followed the path of the ramp, only higher.

ok
was thinking or from shooterlane or from the right ramp...

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy?

you're better playing with VP, right ?

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell are you getting to stay puft so easy

and even more, as i've just made it to the final WIZARD MODE

1 week later
#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

I haven't read all the posts but has anybody had there clear chipping in the shooter lane? ...

my 1st GB (with ghosting) get same chip there the very first day we've played with it !!! was quite stuning, just few games and already marked

my 2nd one (with no ghosting) has just nothing

seems its an easy conclusion... :/

2 weeks later
#1569 4 years ago

if its for HUO, with no "moding" aim, 2 pieces of mylar round the flipper buttons is more than enough, and working perfect

#1570 4 years ago

just to say nice & tanx that i got my wire protector... but the other way, pity they didnt also add a new (perfect) wire in the set...

IMGP1836 (resized).JPG

#1595 4 years ago

i've just put 129M there as hiscore, but dont ask me how, and even more i'm not sure the game didnt bug (again)

:/

#1626 4 years ago

ok, here's the "WHAT IS IT" game - part 2

to remind, nobody found the part 1 i've posted few ago

than, this appears on the PF while playing, just under/near the right scoop, its soft plastic, +/- 1 cm long, something from an electric cable ?

gb (resized).JPG

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

mine in clear is $19.95 including shipping

i'm still waiting my free set, as i gave you more than some links/ideas at the conception...

(joking of course)

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

These are caps for screws usually for plastic ramps...cover the pointed end

tanx for the tips, will give a check asap...

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

...send me your address, and Ill reach back to see if you can use

lol, and nice, as now i'm busted at my own joke
but OK, you'll get a PM...
a big friendly tanx in advance

#1643 4 years ago

yep, evbd has to do it...

on mine, did not put the tape under the flash socket, but well on the metal "corner" of the back scoop
same things in fact

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Why not just take a rubber ring and cut it and slip it over the end of the rail? I did this, actually a stack of two rings, maybe 5/16". It will reduce the mega gap and also provide bounce so the ball doesn't just slip into the outlane.

right as i have done, keeping the external plots at factory settings (medium apperture)
as it its working just "perfect" for me, i'm feeling it plays as all others games, not to easy, not to hard

#1707 4 years ago

today, in our 2 big houres of live streaming, we've got 3 times the left flipper power off bug...
never got this before today

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

My first very functional and useful mod...

OUCH ! but its your pin after all...

well, again, its so easy to just insert some small rubbers on the existing steel lane
or, if you wanna drill (!?), why 2 holes for a complete new stell lane ? 1 is enough if you just put in a post, with again a rubber on it, else you still get no "rebound"
and finally, the space added is very great (well it seems), even if you open the external post at max

(even didnt talk about the Yoyo mod for there)

give us more feedback, but for having tried few things already, i imagine it will be to closed now...

3 weeks later
#2068 3 years ago

a fan is a fan... and the ones used in STERN power supply are poor quality models, if you get no luck, it will makes noise :/
you can swap it easily with others models, look for the info here somewhere on the forum (dont remember in which topic)
or may be you're usual with assembling computer, than its even more easy

1 week later
#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So theres no one on here that can verify this ? Any info would be helpful.

well than, insert just light before the mode, but not more in it (think before it was lit during it, not sure)
and dont understand about the 80 ghosts !? i've gone again to 100 ghosts & MH multiball yesterday...

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Well surprise , surprise. ..
There seems to be a definite reason for my GI and flippers going dead , so far and I don't believe it's the node board as previously discussed.
Last week I installed several mods , first ones since I had received the machine brand new .
One mod was a back panel light strip that has a rgb strip with a remote to change colors and connects to a board in the backbox. Very straight forward easy mod and Purchased from a very reputable mod company , not home made .
Well it appears after disconnecting the light strip that my Dead GI and flippers problem has gone away. I can only assume that the light strip was pulling enough power to shut the PF GI and flippers off.
Thanks to Professor Pinball once again .

well, than we should admit that "pumping" to much power/electricity from the node board will cause to crash/bug/burn it !?

i will tell this short story (according to yours) :
few ago i had change some LEDS with incandescent ones, and strangely the node board did goes wrong... my son tell me about that electricity possibility, while in my head was more thinking about a "just no luck" prob... my son said to replace the LED, i listen to him, and than all was OK again (no bug before, no bug after)
i did not try back to see if it goes wrong again, dont want to burn the board...

wtf !? with just few incandescents lamps ???

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Simply install a separate 12v power supply for your mods.

there's a 12V plug available on the power board...

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have a fix for airballs off the ramp (not the targets)? Besides raising the height? Not a huuuge issue since they always land perfectly in the back left corner and roll out but...

again, easy trick, just DIY with a piece of plastic you'll cut just as you want/need
and so strangely, mine didnt have ball jumping there UNTIL a upper the slope (...) and now got balls jumping !

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Less than 50 plays and the #8 node board is out.

welcome to the club

#2275 3 years ago

i said it before to NOT dot it, airballs there are logical, even it the cliffy is thin...
and i like what Cliffy does for us, but there you have to deal without nothing, and just perfectly set-up right the heigh of the targets

1 month later
#2500 3 years ago

+1 about inserts, same state here, not a prob

btw, i should have missed something, did they corrected (or not seeing pics) the REINFORCEMENT error on pro version !?

1 week later
#2537 3 years ago

heu no !
it start with the right lane switch only

#2552 3 years ago

lol guys

play wild, just remove that right lane gate ! (yes i did it)

2 weeks later
#2669 3 years ago

well, i also added a palstic, no need somebody to make and sell (lol), just DIY
mine is in "soft" plastic, attached at the upper screw, and curved in the air at the other crew, like this there is enough space to the jumpin ball from the end of the shooterlane to fall down perfectly for the switch

gb (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Avengers is the same way. I have spent a lot of time dialing it in and people are always shocked at how fun it can be when it plays good.

amen

3 weeks later
#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Can some one take a pic of the captive ball / wire gate assy from the right side next to the ecto goggles for me . I can't figure out how to reassemble . It has a plastic post with a black spacer trying to see where the black spacer goes.
Thanks

well, just dont reinstall that gate
flow is way better without (and certainly most funky when ball falling down from that lane !)

2 weeks later
#3174 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

making normal alignment, it you can backhand with power. Hell, if i'm fast enough I can backhand the librarian scoop. that's a great feeling.

yep
easy control on left flip, ball climb slowly near the end, and than back-shot and in the left scoop

#3186 3 years ago

change the slope...

this could happend on all pins, its just something linked to physics, that movement, speed, height, force is just "perfect"

1 week later
#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

It is possible to adjust the flipper power strength? I swear that most of my airballs (many off the top of the left ramp) is because the flippers are juiced and way overkill for making the ramps. I went through the settings and saw power adjustment levels for the scoops (which I already modified) and other coils, but not the flippers. Am I missing an obvious menu selection somewhere?

with mine, flippers are set to "low", the slope is quite high, and i still have some airballs...
and yes, including the left ramp, as i have removed the original plastic to put a personal mod, attached with soft palstic, and i often see that mod going up when touched under by the ball flying (but ball remain in the ramp, and game/flow is OK)

some guys have said that spike (and spike 2) put too much power in these games... !?

#3271 3 years ago

seems more often we have to tweak here & there, some games more than others...

#3275 3 years ago

chuck : yes +1, i was with you on that "tweak" com of course

and about airballs : seems more since spike system, being to powerfull !?

#3279 3 years ago

the carrot flippers are just perfect to make GB playing like (quite) all others pinballs, not too easy, not too hard, just the way i personaly enjoy it (and i'm a good player)

i know about the purists saying about the way Trudeau design it and bla bla bla...
than set up your pin just the way as you want, and than enjoy it

tournament is tournament
playing home, with family & friends, is another story

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dayton, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside