main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This line is across the top of my DMD all the time. Likely needs to be replaced? Anyone else have this line?

That is light that leaks from the backbox. Put some tape at the top of the dmd and it is fixed. All my sterns have that.

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I'm getting service alerts on the following five switches:
52 - Left Ramp Enter
65 - R. Ramp Exit
92 - Left Ramp 2
93 - Left Ramp 3
94 - Not Used
Those don't align with what's in the manual, and most of them don't even exist on this game. The *actual* switches listed at those # locations seem to be working fine.
Anyone else seeing this?

Yep, we all have these, just code crap that can be ignored. Hope for version 1.06 to arrive soon and settle this.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hey man - after a lot of emails, calls, posting on here, etc - Gary Stern personally called me today. They are aware of the problem and planning a "Program" that distributors/dealers will utilize to make all of this right.
Here's a link to my earlier post in another thread that goes over my conversation w/ Gary:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/65#post-3298045

I hope you are not kidding....that would be the first good news I read on this thread.

#1162 7 years ago

I had to adjust the switch on the left ramp, had to adjust Slimer, move the outline posts, changed the rubbers, and put a serious wax on it, even the crazy airballs are now under control.
And I still have to tweak somethings (auto fire sometimes hits stay puft - see other topics on this), add some color in the GI and need a shooter lane protector (as this was not included in the EU version, as is the bubble level).
But it plays close to perfect now. Just hope the issues with the playfield will get settled by Stern, it is an awesome machine that deserves it.

1 month later
#1322 7 years ago

I adjusted the outlanes, that is a great enhancement. Took some effort to hammer back the outline but the ball has now a more reliable path. So you can make some saves there. Next thing was the flippers. Aligned them with the plastics. Also a great enhancement. I even got the left ramp with a backhand Shot! The machine plays much better now. Only thinking about carrot flippers now, the stdm drains are still ruthless.

#1346 7 years ago

That looks goods, I could not find that version of MT45. Is that still around - or can you share that template? I have one made up myself but still have an occasional airball from the left target.

1 month later
#1579 7 years ago

New version 1.11 available!

1 week later
#1755 7 years ago

I did push the outlanes up a bit, that did the job, I never ever had a ball jumping over the lane anymore.
I could add a rubber ring on the outlane, like so many did, but do not think it is needed at this time.

I would never drill my playfield....yikes....

#1760 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

BTW, I tried tapping the rail up. It didn't address the real problem of the rail being too short in length. And, since the playfield is only 1/2 in. thick, upping the rail by 1/4 inch made the support area considerably weaker, and prone to wood flaking if hit just right. You need all the support you can get for those rails, and 1/4 inch isn't enough under worst-case scenario.

If you use the same material you could have just recreated the rails only with longer ends. That would ensure sufficient support and keep the machine original. But whatever works for you.....

#1851 7 years ago
Quoted from CoasterG:

What's the spelling error? Now I want to check my playfield.

Reinforcement - Reinforcment on the 40 ghost insert.

1 week later
#1957 7 years ago

I have the springs on, I had a problem that the droptarget did not get down after hitting it. The new spring solved it on one, on the other it was to strong. It did go up but after that directly down. I extended the spring a bit, by pulling it, that worked. Works great now.

I also read that you can use the original springs and just connect them not on the end but a bit more in the middle. Would have the same effect. I think that will work to.

#1997 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Had my first real issue
Scoop weldment broke no more fun this weekend
Gotta call Chaz Monday. Oh well

Is that red and white wire burned?
How the hell does the scoop fall off? Bad welding?

1 week later
#2085 7 years ago

Still have issue with my subwoofer. No sound on connection CN4 only a buzzing sound. Anything that I could do. Waiting on Stern makes me nervous, been waiting so long.....

1 month later
#2405 7 years ago

I still need to measure that Hex, maybe swap it with the one under the right ramp to make the shot easier. Did anyone do that or just order the 1 5/8 hex instead of the 2"?

2 weeks later
#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

I just installed Art's outer-lane fix on my replacement PF.

Replacement PF - is that program already running? Did you get a replacement due to ghosting or another issue?

3 weeks later
#2618 7 years ago

I adjusted the flippers up a bit. Shots can be made, no problem. Try it, when not satisfied, place them back, it is only one screw.

1 month later
#3019 7 years ago

I had a problem with tshooter rod. It seems not to work correct. Sometimes it would hit stay puff, sometimes it would not even make the top. Decided to get it out, and was not straight. Replaced it with one lying around. Now it is perfect. Strange that the rod was not straight, on a NIB.

2 years later
#4398 4 years ago

Is that a Pro or PREM/LE? I see it is an early playfield since you have the spelling error. Unfortunately this part is not described in the manual. It is a rubber sleeve part 545-5260-00. the Figure on page 31 of LE/PREM manual will give an overview of these posts but they are a bit hard to find since tehy are not indicated. I would start with that figure and see if all are still there. They are small black rounds on the drawing. When it came from the right it could be the ones below the ecto gogle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 49.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.