main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider omgitsadam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1731 7 years ago

After hearing reports of better quality coming out of the factory, I have a NIB Pro arriving tomorrow/Wednesday from Cointaker. Pretty excited as I grew up with damn near every Ghostbuster toy imaginable and this will be my first pin!

I will report back if the Slimer wire is set properly, flash bulb issue is resolved, and if the drain switches are raised slightly more.

1 month later
#2160 7 years ago

Anyone run into the Librarian scoop coil becoming underpowered? I have a GB Pro on 1.10 and when my coil pops to put the ball back in play, it barely makes it to the flipper. Center drains half the time now.

I tried adjusting the strength in the menu but it doesn't matter if it's on max 64 or 30... same result.

#2170 7 years ago

Rob_G chucksmith Arcade Trekkie1978 Check your plastics by the strobe... here is a video I made of what happened with mine:

Basically the plastic next to the strobe somehow cracked already (HUO, 4 weeks of use)... if I put slight pressure where the crack is with my finger and test a ball, it makes it to the right flipper. If I don't put my finger there, straight down the drain.

I have talked to Chris at Cointaker and he is going to talk to Stern about it. It's kinda bonkers so many of us have the same issue so I'd check that spot and verify if yours are cracked as well.

Thanks for the idea of setting the power to ~20 to drop it to the left flipper so I can still play while waiting for this to be remedied.

IMG_20161227_175538 (resized).jpgIMG_20161227_175538 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161227_175530 (resized).jpgIMG_20161227_175530 (resized).jpg

#2173 7 years ago

chucksmith Does your scoop have as much play as mine does in the video? Or is yours tighter?

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

No.... As I recall it was rock solid. Almost looks like your screws are loose under the playfield. If mine was loose I would have checked the mounting screws/nuts. Makes me wonder if we could loosen , rotate it slightly (counter clockwise) toward the right flipper and lock it down.

I've looked under the PF around the scoop and the screws seem fine. I don't even see how I can tighten them if I wanted to since it seems the top of the screw must be on top of the PF under the plastics.

#2189 7 years ago

Newb question, how do you adjust flipper power in GB? I don't see anything obvious in the settings

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS
43 COIL PULSE POWER = (normal or soft)
TIP:
If you are looking for a setting
Open the link below, run a search on a key word. PDF's are searchable.
All adjustments are listed in the manual.
Granted new adjustments may not be there and old ones removed wont be there.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/ghostbusters/le/Ghostbusters_LE_web.pdf

Thanks for that, I did end up finding that setting and I set it lower but I honestly couldn't even tell a difference. Still seems to be firing the balls of the flipper quite hard. Oh well!

#2231 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My left VUK. The 2 screws on the switch backed out.
Not sure if it was a freak thing to happen to my game or if it's just a ghostbusters problem.

I had an issue with that same scoop where the screws holding the scoop in place got loose, but my switch was fine.

#2249 7 years ago

You guys really aren't kidding that pins are some work.

GB is my first pin, have had it only 5 weeks and so far:
- Broken flipper spring
- Adjust Librarian scoop 3x (the scoop seems to get loose on the screws after 30 plays or so)
- Broken plastic from airball
- Slimer now making a very audible mechanic noise as it goes up and down on the PF

I knew there'd be issues but man, this is getting slightly annoying for only being a month old.

2 months later
#2619 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I just got my Pro, installed Art's airball protector, then tested it out. Slimer is not registering hits. Looking at it closer, it appears Slimer is up right against Art's protector. Moving it around manually will not trigger forward, left, or right. If I lift it up and push it back over Art's protector, it registers.
Any ideas? Should Slimer be moved forward?

I have a Pro with Art's protectors and I simply dremel'd out some space for Slimer's butt. Took about 10 total minutes to get it right.

1 month later
#2983 6 years ago

So is the mylar removal under the Stay Puft toy the fix for both Pro and Prem versions for the right orbit registration mis-fires? Most people commenting on the fix seem to be Prem owners while I'm a lowly Pro

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider omgitsadam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=omgitsadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.