Topic Stats

• 4,352 posts
  • 508 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
20190922_151526 (resized).jpg
20190922_194026 (resized).jpg
IMG_6764 (resized).JPG
IMG_6762 (resized).JPG
IMG_6763 (resized).JPG
IMG_6753 (resized).JPG
IMG_6752 (resized).JPG
IMG_6751 (resized).JPG
IMG_6749 (resized).JPG
20190808_225010 (resized).jpg
20190808_225339 (resized).jpg
20190808_225658 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (3 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (3 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (3 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (3 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #709 Videos of the Pinballlife outlane plastics in use for GB Posted by Pinzzz (3 years ago)

Post #876 tatman9999 photos of his Titan Rubbers in green on GB Posted by tatman9999 (3 years ago)

Post #1034 Photos of mismatched flipper side rails installed on factory game Posted by Trekkie1978 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3132 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Update on my right ramp. I removed the hex spacer that was installed in the game. I installed a 1 5/8" hex spacer and my right ramp works perfectly now. No more shots that roll back down.
On a side note regarding the mylar to the flash lamp. My ghostbusters was LE was built in August and the mylar is already installed on the flash lamp.

What style? female on both ends, or male on one?

#3157 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm less concerned about the flipper alignment than I am with the fact that they simply don't act like they are supposed to. Has anyone been able to figure out why the flippers on GB feel different than any other Stern game? I've looked carefully at the entire flipper assembly, and I can't spot anything different. I've also tried adjusting the switch gaps to no avail. I'm curious to know if this is a problem that affects all GBs, or just some. Does anyone have a GB with flippers that they consider to be perfectly normal? I'm talking about the ability to easily flutter them with a half press of the button so you can do tap passes, post passes, etc .... No matter what adjustments I make, I still find these finesses moves to be extremely difficult on my game.

I'm not crazy! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't quick flip/flutter either. I put in CT led button kit and they feel better but still not as good as say my tron, maybe even metallica pro.

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from Mobsync:

After replacing my flippers I get "locating balls" and the trough test shows no balls but all six are in. Any suggestions?
I have reseated any plugs I removed to get to underneath the flippers when installing. Baffled and infuriated.
Help!

start with visual check of trough switches and make sure they are not missing a wire that fell off

then go to switch test and see if the switch registers.

Trace back switch(es) that do not register to where they go. I don't think a manual or schematic is out so hard to show a switch matrix etc, but sounds like it may be all related to one place if all trough switches do not see a ball

#3196 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What style? female on both ends, or male on one?

It is a female/female hex spacer.

Installed it last night before league and it doesn't make hitting that ramp any easier once the ball goes up, it seems to make it waaayyy more often. I had one roll back but it wasn't a clean shot at all.

Great upgrade/tip! Would recommend!

#3201 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is a female/female hex spacer.
Installed it last night before league and it doesn't make hitting that ramp any easier once the ball goes up, it seems to make it waaayyy more often. I had one roll back but it wasn't a clean shot at all.
Great upgrade/tip! Would recommend!

Just wanted to post the pic of the difference between stock and the new shorter one.

Just unscrew the philips screw on the ramp.
Loosen nut on left sling
Move ramp around
Unscrew the hex stand
Screw new one in
screw ramp down
adjust ramp and tighten nut on sling
enjoy

IMG_3264 (resized).JPG

#3219 2 years ago

Not sure what order they post in....

Cabinet

Under pf left side apron, 2 angles

Front and back of trough

IMG_3271 (resized).JPG

IMG_3272 (resized).JPG

IMG_3273 (resized).JPG

IMG_3274 (resized).JPG

IMG_3275 (resized).JPG

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so the back of the through shouldn't all be lit up on the other side? Looks like only 1 led is lit.

I was assuming send/receive leds. So one side won't be "lit" but receive?

#3224 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

thought the LEDs were added as monitor items. So if a transmitter or receiver went out, the LED would go out letting you know what the faulty component is. Because OPTO leds you can't visually see working.

Ohhhhh indicator leds. I'd have to look closer. Couldn't tell if they were send or just indication

1 week later
#3236 2 years ago

The manual is online, and shows the pinouts of the node boards etc.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/6334/Stern_2016_Ghostbusters_Limited_Edition_Service_and_Operation_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

Not sure if that helps anyone.

#3259 2 years ago

I think ART suggested some taller posts to get the protector a little higher. I need to get those asap. As I put swinks things on the stand ups and took art's protector off and I have air balls like a mofo. But at 1 washer or 2 washers the protector would catch the ball on the ramp.

#3262 2 years ago

issues...ah well any new stern wont wear nice. I have an old sega LWJP and stern WPT that don't have the shooter lane damage as bad as tron or metallica pro. But that is the new norm, however my GB prem only has the air ball thing and that is solved. Otherwise it has been pretty flawless. Really good game and if you get a new prem now most the issues have been worked out. If you go used, you may have to tweak if the first owner didn't.

1 week later
#3342 2 years ago

oldpinguy - What were the posts you recommended to raise your ramp protector up? I need to do that as the ball catches on the protector so it is off now, but balls are flying around.

#3353 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If 1-2 washers dont do it, youll need short 6-32 standoffs...1/4" or shorter.....

Do I need 2 stand offs?
And are they female/female or female male?

Thanks art!

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Just got done listening to the Pinball Podcast with Jeff, and was wondering if there have been issues with the main node boards (not the lamps), failing on Ghostbusters. Jeff mentioned this on his podcast and the cost of $300.00 to replace. Wanting to buy this game, but seems like there are a lot of issues still.

No one I personally know has had one, nor my premium. There's a thread already about resolderinf sm parts and it isn't that bad if you've done smd before like video game controller leds.

You have a warranty through a distributor too so don't forget about that.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

wheres a cheap place to get them? marco doesn't seem to list them.

oldpinguy

Are these the ones? Also pbl didn't have them listed on their site

http://www.newark.com/raf-electronic-hardware/4530-632-al-7/spacer-standoff-aluminium-6-35mmx6/dp/27T8870

3 weeks later
#3389 2 years ago

Upgraded one? I wasn't aware. I've heard of adjusting and adding washers to help with butt dragging.

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes, Very early on in the life of GB, Stern released a better Slimer mech because the 1st one registered its hits very poorly.
The new mech registers much better.

Yes it does... is this a warranty replace or can I buy the kit?

Crazy! I never knew they did that.

4 weeks later
#3422 2 years ago

Well isn't that special

IMG_3521 (resized).JPG

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Twinkie mod made a ball trap?

Oh lol didn't even think of Twinkie ball lock 1 mod

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Twinkie fail!
Better take another bite out of the other end NV so it doesn't impede play.
Bikini season is almost over, it's okay if you cheat just this once P-Money!

I can feel my love handles growing :/

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can stop that from happening, by moving the sewer sign to the top screw hole with the bottom hole. Ball will roll out every time it goes up there.

Thanks neo, I'll move the sign

#3429 2 years ago

Dupe

#3443 2 years ago

For the drop targets, wasn't it recommended you make the springs even tighter? aka pull down and connect it lower on the spring to make the drop more sensitive?

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes about 10 or 15 coils. I did that to mine and now they drop really nice.

perfect. I need to change mine. I'll update! Mine brick hard....90% of the time.

#3447 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's on my to-do list for the GB on location, but if that's the solution and it's so simple, why hasn't Stern adopted it for all their drop target mechs? It boggles the mind.

Stern doesn't do logical things..... in theory then, they should instead use a stronger spring instead of their current. However PBL had new springs...but they didn't work for me.

#3454 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The perfect solution from stern is to add a course screw adjustment to loosen/tighten the spring.
Then stern will adjust at the factory. When they don't work at home, its a simple tweak and off you go.

Also a good idea.

Dang still need to adjust mine. I had league at my house and lost the ball twice because of them not dropping!

#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from krankin:

Does the coil fire twice, or do you have two balls that get pushed up into the shooter lane at the same time?

Yeah, good question.

Also watch, sometimes the ball comes out, then bounces back into the trough. I turned down that coil in settings as it was flying out like a bandit.

2 weeks later
#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I'm sure its probably somewhere in this thread, but in my defense its 70 pages long, can someone tell me how to tweak Slimer (or do I need to call Stern for a part?) because it basically won't register when I hit it...and its completely useless right now.

Can you put the game in test and get it to register? Do some shots register but not all?

If you call your distributor or stern tech they can help. Mine is original premium and it registers most hits but some don't....

3 months later
#3633 1 year ago

Do all GB get the SB? If so I need to call my distro....

#3635 1 year ago

Thank you for the links! I have a 1st run premium, so I'll hit my distro up. Haven't had an issue yet but it doesn't get much play.

2 weeks later
#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My left side Scoleri Brother doesn't come up. The right one works fine. Both have the PBL springs. What do you suggest for the left one?

Start in test mode and see if it goes up. If not you’ll want to physically look to see if the coil is wired and working

2 weeks later
#3675 1 year ago

My balls that are “softly” plunged are hanging up on this lip. It looks like you have to remove that orbit rail to get this ramp off :/ has anyone adjusted this? It seems a tad low and far from rail.

0B43FAA4-39F1-475B-8F38-DFD5A589D594 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#3972 1 year ago

I've been out of the GB thread(s)... stern updated the side rails of the PF to metal?!?! I have a 1st gen premium.

1 month later
#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey all -
Possibly a dumb question, and not a problem with the GBPremium itself, but my GBs' got a air ball protector installed at the left ramp. Seems like it's 'dipping' down..possibly just due to heat etc. (it's in the garage, I'm in Sacramento area). if I pull it up it bends up , but quickly bends down if I don't hold it.
Any suggestions on how best to fix this piece? Causing the ball to get stuck requiring a glass removal. Not ideal. And, I'd rather keep it (or modified piece) if it does its job combating air balls.
Any info appreciated. Thx

Mine was so low the ball would rub going up the ramp. I tried a few washers but it still rubbed. I ended up using my Dremel to make the ramp side curve/more open. Now the ball doesn’t hang going up ramp but still blocks air balls off stand up targets

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside