main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Or just add the option to disable stupid reverse flippers any way. Why kill an otherwise awesome multiball mode by crippling it with reversed flippers?

Yup. That's always the way I feel when I get it on TSPP. Who wants to contort themselves and play the multiball with your face practically pressed against the glass? Interesting gimmick to get through maybe...twice... then it's like "make it go away".

#195 7 years ago

I noticed that in the LE video. Now it looks like you may have to qualify each ball. No more three ramp shots to multiball. For better or worse.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea but the playfield will have to be drilled to handle the thicker gauge wire. It should be the size they use for the outlanes.

That's true. This is something a neophyte to pinball (sorry Neo ) at home is not going to want to do. Hopefully Stern swaps in thicker wire forms pronto. Otherwise this could be an issue for every machine sold. Actually how could it NOT be an issue on every game? Don't all three variations use the same gauge wire?

#320 7 years ago

Back on topic... can anyone guess HOW Stern will offer a fix for the lightweight wireform by the ghost target? I can't see them asking the average consumer to pound the thing out in their living room... not to mention the other parts under there nearby that may need to be removed to get to it. Then they would want you to further drill out the hole in your brand new PF?

Wouldn't be much for some (most?) of us but there are some new buyers that won't be up for this. As Art said, they could off a thicker
wire with a taper at the bottom to go through the existing hole but I suspect the entire thing may start to bend over as the weakness will still be there... right where it goes into the PF. Weakest link and all that.

They may fix it before they ship hopefully too many more machines (right after KPG's though - jk) but what about the machines already out in the wild?

This will be interesting to follow at least

1 week later
#424 7 years ago

They'll send you a new wireform for example. Heck if it's already bent on some machines and impeding the captive ball it could be called defective... so they usually send the parts and are delighted you'll do the labor.

2 months later
#848 7 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

By my armchair financial analysis regarding inflation, new Williams pins were around what you'd pay for a Stern pro now. FWIW.

Yup... 3 to 3.6k is around 5.3k today. Nowhere near the 7k and up some models are priced at... but the market seems to accept it so what can ya do?

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea and the pros have no where near the toys/features/mechanisms that most of the 90s w/b dmds have/ had ...

Yeah you're absolutely right - still I'm glad pins survived at all. Lately I've been grateful for TWD especially

1 week later
#906 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What setting are your slings at? Mine are at 45 and they work great.
I had the coils on soft, but I think thats what caused the ball to stay in the poppers for almost 2 minutes the other day. Now they are on normal and things seem to be working fine now. Way too much popper activity with the Soft coil setting.
I need something to calm down the airballs off the left ramp though- its insane! Airballs over everything, and even right over the flippers! HUGE airballs.. way more then any other pinball machine I have ever played.

Are they from the standup target next to the ramp entrance? Because you could bend it downward and then put in a shim behind it to keep it pointed down. You won't see the shim and this has made a huge difference on some of my older machines that had the same problem.

#968 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

So, attempted to move the outlane posts, and started to tear the playfield apart! Its like they got them in, didnt let them cure, and just got them out as quick as possible! So, now I cant move the posts without ruining my game. Unreal we pay a ton for these LEs, and so many issues. Even the flipper bats were not aligned correctly, had to adjust them as well as 4 switches.

That's actually a damn good clue. The posts have fused with the cc as it hadn't fully cured. So this lends some credence to the theory that the ghosting occurs due to a lack of drying time. Maybe new owners really *should* wait a month with the glass off... what a situation

#989 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I would bet money that all these problems are related to Sterns cheaping out in on way or another. I really wanted this pin despite it being produced by Stern. Not gonna happen now. I still wonder what people will do down the road when parts are needed be it computer boards, ramps, plastics or scoops. They certainly wont be out there like they are for the W/B games. You know those cheap ass boards aren't going to last long or I'm guessing the power supply either.

People said the same thing when WMS shut down... "you won't be able to get parts, etc"!! Instead a whole cottage industry built up around it and the same will happen for Stern machines if the company ever shuts down.
Ramps and boards will be remade, etc. If there are people out there with money then somebody will try to step in to meet the demand.
Let's just hope Stern sells enough machines in the meantime to build up the critical mass of owners.

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it safe to assume that my cabinet was built on a Monday?

You'd think so except there seems to be at least three people here reporting the same odd issue (with pics). Maybe they ran out of the correct piece and simply painted the old style to keep the line moving? Very strange indeed...

#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

After 24 hours of playing, slimer has scratched the black finish above the captive ball. I saw there was Mylar there but his metal bolt ass was scraping to the right of it. I stuck another piece of Mylar there to stop or slow it down but it looks like shit. WTF?

Look into some threads as others have raised him and shaved his ass.

Strange they couldn't manage this monumental issue at the factory though...

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Maybe Stern can find the time to fix this one on future runs while on break from sleuthing the disintegrating playfields. Amazing to me that something like this wouldn't be caught and corrected during QC/testing.

Well I posted on their FB page after the very first LE video and asked about slimer dragging his butt all over the plastics, etc...
They didn't get it and said "Slimer is made of a soft plastic and will not be affected. This is normal behavior."

Since they didn't get it I followed up with "but what about the plastics, brackets, etc underneath him?"

This question was ignored so I gave up.

#1101 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

My ghosting started on Tobins, I also got some pretty serious chips. You can see pics here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ghostbuster-all-things-lepremium-club/page/4#post-3300352

You're about to challenge KPG for "worst big chips". Sorry to see it - send those pics to Stern pronto.

#1133 7 years ago

Yeah if Stern were a football team they might be classified as being in the "all-rookie rebuilding phase". Maybe they actually DID lose an entire division of people that knew what they were doing but this is getting painfully embarrassing.

You open the box of their most expensive top-of-the-line product and you get mismatched rails, sharpied up damaged cab, ghosting inserts and chipping clearcoat, ugly "metal ruler" fix for the poorly designed wire ball guide, ugly wire "fix" on the top of Slimer who STILL stumbles all over the PF. This along with JT's slapdash design work that includes massive airballs and inlanes that can't keep the ball in play.

What's most disturbing is the customer can fix Slimer's butt from scratching up the game in an evening but when the company was asked about it earlier they say it's "normal game behavior"...as if think it shouldn't or can't be fixed. Have they either gotten this incompetent, or uncaring or have simply forgotten that in the pinball hobby... details matter?

Look at the Hobbit, Big Leb and RZ... these can have issues too but the companies at least SEEM to care. Maybe this is just good PR work but if so Stern is losing the PR war. It's starting to look like they could care less what you pull out of the box... seems like there's no pride left at all in what they deliver.

Makes me sad... but c'mon Stern - Git back yer mojo! Now!

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Captive ball wireform: I think mine is fine. Can someone let me know if mine is the original gauge. I think I read newer GBLE's have a thicker gauge wireform.

Your captive ball wireform already has the Stern "fix" installed. Looks like a metal ruler shoved in there that also has the dubious distinction of blocking the light and making the area there less attractive.

I guess an actual thicker wireform was out of the question

#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Where do you get cling vinyl?

Where you get everything: Amazon.

Or probably a Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc if you are determined to burn a little gas

Stuff works well... thick, not that noticeable and easily lifted out if you eventually go with a Cliffy's or use mylar down the road.

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Thanks. I put the metal cliffy under where the ball shoots out and I put the metal part on the right side of the lane (against the outside wall) but I'm wondering if I need something in the lane itself. Would this stuff work for that application?

Sounds like you are already good to go. The Cliffy protects the areas where the ball violently hits when ejected... isn't there also a 3rd piece that goes under the rail along the right side that fits up against the right side of the center lane too? Not the piece that stands up protecting the side rail. If you have all that in there I wouldn't worry about it.

With all those different metal edges of the Cliffy being then the cling vinyl will probably sit in there in a heap as it won't have much smooth surface to adhere to.

If you can sneak it into another Amazon order the stuff is cheap and good to have around in any case.

2 months later
#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Where do I find this different spring? I don't want mine to chip.

I don't think the autolaunch causes the chipping. Just bad behavior down the lane... hitting stay puf, etc.

The overpowered ball eject (from the TROW! hi kanada) is what divots and damages the shooter lane in the pics we've seen.

That, and the fact the clear doesn't seem to adhere to the wood properly. Bad combination. There are several rube goldberg type of ways to calm it down or last resort you could put a much less powerful coil in there. Not sure why Stern thinks it's appropriate to blast the ball into the lane with such force.

2 months later
#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Toby's new trick!
» YouTube video

Does look pretty satisfying when the dog does that... I wonder if I could... ahh better not

1 month later
#2453 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

had my pro swapped on the weekend. only 55 games in or so, drain and inserts good so far (not out of the woods yet), but had some clear chip out of the right eject area yesterday.
picture here on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/110#post-3586411
also, my replacement playfield date is unreadable. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/17#post-3580766

Yeah apparently when they use an older PF with the misspelling for a swap they then "smudge" the date on it so the customer won't know it's an older PF (with the same potential problems).

Don't know why they do this... just seems kinda shady. If they are determined to use up the earlier batch of PF's - then leave the date alone. Why make it seem sinister?

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All fixed!!!
I trimmed the edge of the decal with an Exacto knife, touched up the paint, and sealed off the entire corner with a strip of mylar. It came out great and should protect the decal nicely.

It DID turn out great. Good job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.