Topic Stats

• 4,166 posts
  • 486 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181006-072857_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181006-072844_Chrome (resized).jpg
GB Switch Test (resized).jpg
IMG_20180304_174524 (resized).jpg
Print (resized).jpg
cale scolari (resized).jpg
drop target alt (resized).jpg
IMG_1703 (resized).JPG
20180804_165622 (resized).jpg
20180804_165426 (resized).jpg
13AB20DE-3A78-424E-8E2A-8309F49962DE (resized).jpeg
received_10160723852695603 (resized).jpeg
20180720_213838 (resized).jpg
20180720_213818 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180722_091709 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (2 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (2 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (2 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (2 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (2 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (2 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (2 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (2 years ago)

Post #709 Videos of the Pinballlife outlane plastics in use for GB Posted by Pinzzz (2 years ago)

Post #876 tatman9999 photos of his Titan Rubbers in green on GB Posted by tatman9999 (2 years ago)

Post #1034 Photos of mismatched flipper side rails installed on factory game Posted by Trekkie1978 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#211 2 years ago

I am sure Cliff will make a shooter set soon. Anyone message him yet?

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If issues like this are likely to bother you, you're much better off selling your LE spot at a profit right now, and waiting for a Premium.
That's all.

Waiting for a Premium isn't the answer. GoT Premiums had the same issues as the LE models...

#280 2 years ago

Is this the point in the thread where VID comes in and tells us how much worse the Bally / Williams games were in the 90's out of box? I think all of these Chicken Little "the sky is falling" posts are pretty crazy now. Stern will address and fix issues that come up. They stand behind what they make. It's pinball! Just relax....

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I actually don't think that was pointed at you...everyone on Pinside has mental issues and we talk aboot it regularly.

Kaneda_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#447 2 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Man now i am super torn and kind of want my Pro to be delayed
The Pro I play on location has a totally jacked up Slimer already and I don't want to have to deal with that, but I guess I could just buy the new mech directly from Stern...

I wouldn't be torn. Stern's customer service and support is fantastic. They will help you if you have issues.

1 week later
#670 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Ever played a bally? Lol

Bally Bricks. It's Pinball.

1 month later
#862 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Mine is the exact same way. I figured early code

Yes I have the same 5 tech alerts. It's a code bug. Someone tell Dwight. I am sure he knows.

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Quick question LE owners ... I'm having an issue with auto plunge. About 75% of the time. The ball hits Stay Puft and rattles around up in the corner to finally either drop down the ecto lane or just fall back down the shooter lane. Anyone else? Fixes?

Doesn't happen here. I would say 85% of the time the auto plunge makes it all the way around on my game. Now if Stay Puft is already moving quite a bit the odds are greater he will hit a ball of he is wobbling.

4 weeks later
#1182 2 years ago

My Tobin didn't start ghosting until about 30 days in. And that's with a very consistent temperature. Now I have 4 that have some level of ghosting but tobins and "add a ball" are the most noticeable.

#1183 2 years ago

Also, had I not put Mylar down immediately after noticing my playfield chip by Scoleri I am sure it would have grown.

1 month later
#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Drop target ledge broke last night. Going to fashion a new one.

Did you have the tighter springs on the drop target?

20160905_043759 (resized).jpg

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I had to swap mine to the tighter springs. but found the tighter springs to be too tight and had to stretch them out a hair for my targets to work flawlessly. When I first popped them in the targets would pop up and immediately drop again... If that happens just stretch them just slightly.

I used the factory springs and just hooked the springs a couple loops up to make them tighter. Seemed to work well.

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Are those pics of a premium ???
PF date ?

Nope that is my LE. The photo came up in my post (from history maybe) and I couldn't remove it...

#1397 2 years ago

I have not seen a premium with any severe ghosting. All I have seen is a very tiny white spot in Tobin's insert. Anyone have serious issues with Premiums?

1 month later
#1857 1 year ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Adjusted target springs about 10 coils in since day one. Currently just past 10,000 plays and no target failure or defects.

Wow 10,000 plays is impressive - At $1 per play?

2 weeks later
#2059 1 year ago

All - Got a call from Stern yesterday. They are going to be sending me a box to send my playfield back - I have an LE built in June. Removed all the playfield mods. Excited to get this over with!

Eric

1 week later
#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Concerning the switch at top of left ramp...I can never find the sweet spot on this. When I bend it out to get more consistent switch activation I will eventually get times where the switch will actually stop the balls path on ramp hits which are not hard or clean. Only way to clear is to pull glass down and push it through. Then I adjust it back just a touch and I'm back to only 2/3 of my ramp hits registering (or maybe 1/2). This is getting frustrating. Any better and more permanent fixes for this switch? Wonder why they just didn't put an opto here?
Thanks.
Darin

Chas has recommended slightly loosening the two screws holding the switch on the ramp. He said that sometimes they are overtightened at the factory, chasing the actuator to not easily activate. I would try that.

1 week later
#2232 1 year ago

So my replacement LE playfield arrives today. I am pretty excited to get it back up and running. Pretty fast turnaround despite the Holidays.

#2238 1 year ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

What was the turnaround time for you? From the time you submitted pictures to your distributor, to Stern reviewing your pictures and giving you the green light on a playfield replacement?
I submitted pictures and a full description to my distributor on December 13th and he immediately forwarded my e mail to Patrick Powers at Stern the same day. I have not herd anything about my specific situation as of yet.
I know they have a lot to deal with and I am in no way complaining, just curious of what your time frame was.
Thanks!

Timeline from the beginning?? Oh wow. I unboxed the game in early July and noticed the issues about a month later. At that point I reached out to Stern and my Distro and sent photos. I was referring to the timeline from when I sent my old playfield back to Stern to when the replacement arrived. That part was quick.

#2240 1 year ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

I was referring to the amount of time it took for Stern to respond to your distributor once they sent the e mail and pictures to them.
I did not mean from the time you got your game to when the ghosting/clear chipping happened. haha!

They responded very quickly to the initial email.

#2253 1 year ago

OK - kpg asked for date stamp photos of my replacement playfield. There seems to be one blurry stamp (9/28), and one hand written (9/21) - Anyway, I am happy and everything looks fantastic.

IMG_0148 (resized).JPG

IMG_0149 (resized).JPG

IMG_0150 (resized).JPG

#2291 1 year ago

Not sure about those cliffy drop target protectors.

1. They look really ugly. 2. Do they even protect where they need to?

3 weeks later
#2433 1 year ago

Hey all - I think this was reported earlier, but I was streaming tonight and got the video mode bug. Sending to Stern now...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119564787

4 weeks later
#2568 1 year ago
Quoted from thall17:

Having an issue with the left hole where you activate extra ball with it not registering the ball being there 50% of the time and then the machine goes in to ball search and eventually kicks it out though not awarding an extra ball....

It's the switch in the left scoop. You need to adjust it. Probably you can bend the switch up to fix it. Make sure the switch itself is tight. My switch was loose recently.

1 week later
#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. If you adjust them up, good luck making most of the shots.

Yes. Leave the flippers as designed.

1 month later
#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Thanks. Good to know it's normal. Can't imagine having it at 30 when the ghost screams.

It actually doesn't matter what volume you have it at for the scare feature. It will scream at max volume. I even had my headphones in and it still screamed max on the speakers.

1 month later
#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

ok so this keeps happening. any suggestions?
ยป YouTube video

Yes as previous said, I would think this has to be related to the slope of the playfield. Try changing it.

2 weeks later
#3243 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my left scoop shoots to my left flipper, no problems, never down the middle. I set my power to 15.

I don't think anyone has a problem with it feeding to the left. It's trying to get it to feed to the right like it is designed to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
$ 199.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 93.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 11.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 217.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside