main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kentoad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4139 5 years ago

My right flipper button on my Ghostbusters Pro started behaving erratically and now has stopped functioning altogether. The flipper coil works fine in the test menu. Leaf switches and all connections look fine. No other issues besides a single dead pixel. Any ideas for further diagnostics before I call my distributor here in the Milwaukee area?

#4142 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Test the actual switch instead of just looking at it. Switch test mode.

Nothing happens when I press the switch in switch test mode.

#4146 5 years ago

The leaf switch appears to be fine, leafs are making solid contact and the wires are firmly soldered to the switch and ground tabs. I've tried following the wires, but they get sort of lost in the large bundle about three quarters back in the cabinet. I'm pretty sure I identified the wire colors, though and I've looked at all the connections on the spike board and nodes 8 and 9. So far, I can't see any wires that look loose or disconnected, although I agree that the behavior seems to point to faulty wiring.

#4149 5 years ago

Wow, it's definitely a problem at CN9, thanks! I could push the wires up in there to activate the right flipper, although it was still erratic and didn't always work. I'll try the jumper thing. What's the best way to do that, just a wire?

#4150 5 years ago

Also, is it okay to turn the power on and test switches while the playfield is vertical?

#4151 5 years ago

Well, reseating the connector didn't work and I can no longer activate the flipper by pushing on the wires. I'm starting to think that this might be a node board issue. I'll try the jumper thing as soon as I get a chance.

#4152 5 years ago

The jumper activates the flipper perfectly. It has to be the wire connected to pin #3 that isn't connecting properly, since the ground is shared and the left flipper works fine (***Edit*** That's not true, since there are two wires, right?).

I don't actually own a multimeter and I'm not sure what to do at this point, since the solder points at the button look fine and the wire seems to be properly seated in the 8-pin connector. Would you guys start with the connector? Some guidance about how to proceed would be much appreciated.

#4154 5 years ago

I watched a Youtube video to figure out how to safely pull the wires out from the connector. Then I tested the ground and switch, holding them right up against the pins and voila, it worked! It looks like the switch wire lost some metal at some point. It's just not enough metal to properly connect to the switch pin, if that makes sense. I'm on my desktop right now or I would post pictures. Sorry about that. But I want to say a big thank you to you guys for helping me out with this problem.

One more question, regarding the dead pixel, is that indicative that the life of the DMD may be coming to an end? I bought the pin direct from a local distributor about a year and a half ago. Is there a standard warranty on these types of parts? Just asking to see what you guys know before I call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kentoad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=kentoad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.