main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#365 7 years ago

Stern is a little too, um, sensitive to feedback for that group to work out well in the long term.

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

GB Pro running 1.04 code.
Current diagnostic errors: Check switch #11 Ecto Goggles Target. Check switch #65 Right Ramp Exit.
Any suggestions?

Ecto Goggles might be a code bug, but have you been hitting the right ramp during play? Sometimes you get a false flag if you've played a lot of games without hitting a certain shot. Try manually hitting the switch with your finger a few times in a game with the glass off or just play a few games where you do nothing but hit that shot and see if it clears the ramp switch error.

1 week later
#536 7 years ago

Center post mods make me and baby Slimer cry.

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Sorry we are all not as talented and as good at pinball as you

Using crutches won't make you better. The "play better" response is snarky and kind of annoying, but in all honesty, pinball is more fun if you learn how to play better.

1 month later
#753 7 years ago

Lots of issues out of the box. I'm very frustrated. The switches on the game are pure trash. PKE switches are bad. E didn't work out of the box, fixed it, and the P stopped registering 5 games later. Left ramp switch doesn't trigger most times, and I've adjusted it twice already. Pop exit switch didn't work out of the box.

Also had to lower a Scoleri target that wasn't flush with the playfield, my one way gate would get stuck up and stay. My right scoop was bent down and I had to bend it up. The ball wouldn't fit.

I also had the game lose the ball when locking a ball, collecting a super and starting We Got One on the same shot. After 3 ball searches it kicked out a new ball.

I have to say, I'm really frustrated with the cheap as dirt switches. My Tron, Spider-Man, AC/DC, and Iron Man all have much higher quality components. Stern is really cheapening these games down as much as they can, and it shows.

#758 7 years ago

I've got it about 90% of the way there. The game is so fun. I can't wait to have it fully reliable.

While I've had my share of issues, I've got lucky with zero Scoleri issues or airballs, no ball launch off the ramp, and everything is smooth.

#761 7 years ago

I've got an issue that must be a code bug. Slimer will often leave after two hits. His mode is active, but he's over the city and you can't complete it. It carries over from ball to ball as well.

The other Slimer issue is that when he drags across the captive ball bracket, he registers a hit. If he's out at the start of your ball, you don't even need to plunge and he'll register his 3 hits eventually and that's that.

They'll need to work on Slimer in the next code release.

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from pmppk:

Is he in the ecto goggles when that happens?

Not always. When he is, that's the finishing shot, right? But on mine, he won't go away if you make the shot even when he is there.

#770 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the Slimer bug. It happens almost every time he comes down. He leaves before the 3rd hit and you can't finish the mode. There's now way to deal with it other than to start a new game and hope it doesn't happen the next time or play around it (which sucks). It continues to play the "Chase Slimer Away" music from ball to ball, but ending the mode is impossible.

slimer-bug_(resized).jpgslimer-bug_(resized).jpg

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Have you tryed downloading the most recent code and reinstalling it on your game?

I have the most recent code, but I haven't tried a re-install.

#774 7 years ago

Well, I'm ready to call this one a lemon.

Ecto Goggles don't work. I'm realizing that they haven't worked, and that's why I can't finish the Slimer mode when he leaves, because a shot doesn't clear the Ecto Goggles. I thought it was just that, because other ghosts were disappearing on a made shot, but only when it hits the orbit switch, not the optos.

The optos are so misaligned that I can't get them to line up. Below is a pic. I can't it straight on, but you can still tell it's WAY off center, and the opposite side is dead center. They're so far off that even taking off the bracket underneath, shimming it every way to China and back, you just can't get the optos to line up.

optos_(resized).jpgoptos_(resized).jpg

So, add that to the massive list of issues I've had, and I'm just completely frustrated with this. If my game was checked before it went out, I'd be extremely surprised. There's just too much out of adjustment and dodgy crap with it that I think the testers must have leapfrogged the game.

#776 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it. Please keep us posted as to what Stern does (hopefully) to make this right.

I sent an email to Stern, and I'll check with my distributor tomorrow. Here's hoping it's a smooth process.

Edit: well, I couldn't just sleep on it, so I gave it another go. Found a cold solder joint on the opto board. Fixed that up and they worked in test. Finally found a combination of screw tightness and cardboard shims to line the optos up, and we're back in business. I fixed up the rest of my switch issues as well.

Best of all...with the opto fix, Chase Slimer Away now ends properly. As of right now, I'm at 100% operational for the first time. It's been A LOT of work since Friday, but I just played a handful of games with everything firing and it was amazing. Can't wait for after work tomorrow to really sink into it.

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

New GB Pro. Scoleri Bro drops not dropping when hit straight on? Does anyone know if this is meant to be this way?

It's not how it's supposed to be, but they will loosen up with time.

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

GB has been on route since day 1 and the Scoleri targets still don't drop unless you backhand them. Good advise otherwise.

I'd look into the alternate springs, but I bought some out of curiosity and found them too long. For me, they're not usable on my LE. I'll attach a pic.

My targets are now quite reliable. I played this morning before work and dropped them both with forehand shots. You get safer action off of a backhand, but you can drop them either way on my game.

Edit: Pics of the springs I got. The shorter one is the original.
20160715_222218_(resized).jpg20160715_222218_(resized).jpg
20160715_222005_(resized).jpg20160715_222005_(resized).jpg

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Your replacing the wrong spring there are 2 on the drop target assemble.

Haha, yeah. Looks like I'm on coil. I just quickly looked, but since I've not had issues with the drops, I didn't look deeper.

#815 7 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What is the cause of this? Has stern figured anything out yet? I can see this becoming rather costly for owners if the node boards keep going after warranty...

I'll take Overly Cheap Components for the Sake of Tiny Margin Increases for $100, Alex.

#833 7 years ago

I'm getting lots of phantom hits on Slimer. Time to poke around.

#837 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Which revision?

It's the newest style of Slimer. It just started with the phantom hits. Apparently no version is foolproof.

#842 7 years ago

Modes do stay active on the LE.

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Problems I have experienced with GBLE in order of frustration:
1. Subway balls do not sit correctly in trough when locked; therefore, additional ball is not put into play until you shake the machine to correct. If you elevate the right legs to make it work correctly the left launcher does not hit the right flipper in the correct spot and the right launcher does not hit the left flipper correctly.
2. Inlane guides are WAY too short. Sometimes even the subway ramp return flips the ball to the right drain.
3. Airballs are excessive and many times leads to a ball drain.
4. Ramp switch leading to subway did not always register a shot. This was fixed by bending the top guide down.
Otherwise, the best pin I have ever owned as far as looks, sound, and light show.
I would like a fix for the top 3 problems.

I've had my share of issues, but the only one I share with you is the 4th one. I've had to adjust that switch a handful of times and I really wish that they had used a gate switch there. Sorry you've had troubles, I know how frustrating they can be, especially for such an otherwise amazing game.

Edit: Does anybody else have issues with their one way gate getting caught up on the Ecto Goggles and staying up? I have had to bend mine down a little to make it consistently clear, but you don't get as good of an angle with it that way, and it makes for more drains out of the right side.

#880 7 years ago

Give the Scoleri Brothers time. Mine drop every time now. I often get both in one shot.

#886 7 years ago

This might be foolish of me, but I assume that Stern lets playfields cure before installation.

#900 7 years ago

I second setting your coils to soft. It makes the game play a lot better. Turn up your magna slings a little bit too. They become way more responsive.

#911 7 years ago

I'm going to see if I can replace the left ramp's switch with a gate switch. It might not be as pretty, but I think it would be more reliable.

#941 7 years ago

Nudge when it's on the middle guide, don't wait for the outer guide or it's already too late. I don't drain out the outlanes that often, and I have mine open. I just started treating the outer inlane as a drain and I quickly started improving on saves.

4 months later
#2069 7 years ago

After about 3 hours of play on 1.12 I've found some problems.

- Ball will sit in the scoop or fail to eject a new ball at times when you make a lock shot during a mode. Eventually it will kick out a ball, but after a few ball searches. It's not switch related, it's code.
- After a drain and the bonus, sometimes it continues mode music and shows animations for a second or two.
- Magna slings are weak. They're noticeably less active than before. Many pulses fail to move the ball much.

#2079 7 years ago

Those look perfect.

1 month later
#2368 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm about to place an order from Pinball Life. Has anyone installed this captive ball wireform support?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4378
Is it necessary?

I've never had that be an issue on my game, but when I get my replacement playfield, I plan on putting one in as a precaution. Man, when I swap my playfield out, it's going to get absolutely bogged down in protective crap. I'm not going through this again. Airball protectors, extra Cliffy protectors, protectors for protectors...GIVE ME YOUR METAL AND PLASTIC ARMORS.

2 months later
#2997 7 years ago

I'm pretty annoyed. After having my playfield replaced, my game simply plays worse. The right orbit used to be 100% reliable on my game before swapping the playfield out, now it commonly fails to make it around. It really disrupts things, and I'm quite bugged about it.

Since I never had the problem before, I've not looked into the fixes out there. What are people doing to improve the reliability of the right orbit shot? This is on a GBLE, by the way.

I've traded ghosting for a TERRIBLE left scoop (never had an issue there before), a bad right orbit, and a host of other issues I've been fixing. Frustrating.

#3005 7 years ago

Awesome. I'll pull the mylar up. Thanks, guys.

#3007 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Is their a fix for the ball hitting staypuft ? Sometimes ball launches perfectly other times it hits him and dribbles down

I don't know. That never happened on my old playfield but it's happening on the new playfield for me now too. Can't just be the spring, because I'm using the same one as before.

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Saw something really strange tonight. Was in "Spook Central", hit the Subway ramp to collect the Hurry Up, and "We Got One" started! Both modes played at the same time, with he shot arrows alternating their respective colors.
Anyone else ever seen two ladder modes running simultaneously?

Yeah, it's one of the documented bugs that really needs to be cleaned up.

#3041 6 years ago

The problem must be mechanical, because aside from taps on the button to make a flipper slightly flutter, you can't really make a coil fire partially or hold in a partial plunge. Maybe your flipper shafts are too low and there is a bit of drag going on. Try loosening the flippers, raising them just a touch, and tightening them back up. Adjust your flipper switch contacts so they contact cleanly and release cleanly.

And do they uniformly stick, or does it sometimes happen with one and not the other? If it's uniform, then it might actually be an electrical/electronic issue, but it seems super weird. If it's not so uniform, it's probably mechanical in nature.

#3049 6 years ago

I have noticed that trying to flutter your flipper, especially in the up position, is really hard and unreliable in Ghostbusters. I've drained quite a few times expecting to tap pass the ball across only to have it roll off and drain.

#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamie126:

I've had a premium for a few months now. Does the gozer target do anything? I don't think it did anything from out of the box. The connections look good and the switch make contact. But I get no response from it in a switch test. I know it does something I've started the gozer hurry up and the gozer mode. Some how I have no power to it can any one help?

Something is wrong then. If it's not doing anything in switch test, there's an issue. It's also used in the Gozer the Gozerian mode. You can't complete the mode without it. There is also a Gozer hurry up.

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into widening the gap to see if that helps.

Widen it, but still keep it very close. You don't want a mostly dead pop either.

#3088 6 years ago

See if it will push back into the connector, otherwise you're going to have to crimp on a new terminal pin. Pinball Life has them: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=496

It might go back in and be ok.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.