main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1576 7 years ago

Yeah...... But that kinda blows. Now you have to wait posssibly weeks for a mistake on their end ? If this was a car you would get a loaner.

Also I have had new complete PFs that have had light damage during shipping. It was nice to be able to swap the parts as needed to have a damage free game.

#1598 7 years ago

What plastics did you break so others can make a protector

#1693 7 years ago

So far so good. Beautiful playfield with nice thick clear. Definitely different than ones I've seen. Thick like me TWD. Has stamp and hand written date. Build 11/10, playfield 11/3.

They raised the outline guides , slimer don't hit and quality control looks waaaaay up on this one.

Hope it stays this way on this GORGEOUS game

IMG_6530 (resized).JPGIMG_6530 (resized).JPG

IMG_6531 (resized).JPGIMG_6531 (resized).JPG

IMG_6532 (resized).JPGIMG_6532 (resized).JPG

IMG_6533 (resized).JPGIMG_6533 (resized).JPG

IMG_6535 (resized).JPGIMG_6535 (resized).JPG

IMG_6536 (resized).JPGIMG_6536 (resized).JPG

IMG_6537 (resized).JPGIMG_6537 (resized).JPG

IMG_6543 (resized).JPGIMG_6543 (resized).JPG

IMG_6544 (resized).JPGIMG_6544 (resized).JPG

#1714 7 years ago

So the big question ..... again. Should I update code Ti 1.11 or stick with 1.05. Seems odd that the factory just shipped the game and that's what's they shipped with. Build date 11/10

#1733 7 years ago

Found a few small issues.
One , they have the wrong type of switch on my left ramp. And it's bad. Supposed to be a micro rollover and they have a light touch standard on. They are sending that and one other out

#1735 7 years ago

I wanted my slings to be more sensitive...... from the factory the sling rubber is on the high tier making it have more throw to activate switch

Also when the ball would hit the rubber it would push it upward instead of straight back

Putting it on the lower worked fantastic and it at the regular height like most games

IMG_6559 (resized).JPGIMG_6559 (resized).JPG

#1737 7 years ago

Does anyone else have a standard micro switch on their left ramp. According to the part # it's supposed to be a roller micro 180-5119-02. Like a trough switch. Looks like many got a standard switch.

#1745 7 years ago

OMG...... Never seen anyone do that before.

#1753 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

based on the manual or what support said?
I wouldn't trust the manual over everyone's build. All the ramp switches I've seen look like the typical blade microswitch
Like the one in this post - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/25#post-3319109 (from the awesome thread index )

Spoke with Chaz and he 100% agrees it should be a roller switch just like the trough switches used to be. Either way mine is flaky so its getting changed out when it arrives. I will let ya know

#1757 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wtf?? All you had to do was tap the existing ones up a few mm from underneath!

One of the few 50 cent mods out there that instantly drops the value of the game by 1k. Ooooooof Too many other ways to accomplish the same task with drill into the PF, As long as your happy is all that counts.

#1790 7 years ago

Mid 2003

#1818 7 years ago

Has anyone mylar'd the scoleri brother holes.... not really into cliffys on those.

#1831 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Agreed. I finally updated to 1.11 with no issues and the 1st thing I did was turn the trough to shooter-lane power down to minimum.

Chuck get some games on yours and report back in a few days. Considering doing the same.

#1840 7 years ago

Code issues not switch problems

#1917 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

My switches that register ramp shots are inconsistent and not registering all shots. I've tried to bend switch arm several times and can't seem to find the perfect setting. Does anybody have a recommendation for a higher quality (or better suited) switch for the left and right ramps on GB premium?
Thanks,
Craig

Had to change mine out also. They would not register all the time. Call stern

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys - I just set up my GB premium last night and it keeps firing two balls into the shooter lane. I let one drain and the remaining ball will play just fine. Happens maybe once every 12-15 launches. Any thoughts?

Turn down you trough power to the bare minimum...... I think 26 it will be nice and soft with only one ball ejected

#1927 7 years ago

Chuck, for me it was not the switch. The game was kicking the ball out too hard and making it bounce up the trough thinking no ball was there. Adjusted trough eject power and problem solved....... Plus as a bonus its soooo smooth I dont even think it will be hard on the shooter lane

1 week later
#1995 7 years ago

Had my first real issue

Scoop weldment broke no more fun this weekend

Gotta call Chaz Monday. Oh well

IMG_6590 (resized).JPGIMG_6590 (resized).JPG

IMG_6591 (resized).JPGIMG_6591 (resized).JPG

#1998 7 years ago

No just some crap from heat shrink. I just scratched off and the casing is fine

Yep....... they tig weld a nice gusset on the scoop and it breaks where the scoop attaches to the coil housing. Just fking spot welds on it

#2001 7 years ago

If my opinion is worth anything, went back and forth on this for two months. Had extensive play on both and was weighing value vs options and price.

The premium just has too much going for it in cool features. The pro is great and an excellent value but the extras sold me even on the much higher prive point

#2007 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone ever have really hard shots not register and or make it all the way around the right loop?

So far what I have done is raised the switch a little by adding a spacer bar ( like the one on the top )to the bottom of the switch as I feel its moving so fast that when it exits the plastic ramp its slightly riding over the switch.... not sure.. Seems better but not perfect .I also think im going to lower my plastic top cover to get the ball down quicker.

#2009 7 years ago

R loop

#2010 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone ever have really hard shots not register and or make it all the way around the right loop?

Ok ....... as I suggested. The ball was traveling so fast that when exiting the ramp onto the wireform it was slightly air bound when hitting the switch

I took the front spacer and put in the back and added a 1/8 inch spacer in the front with a shorter bolt

I am getting 100% switch register 25 for 25. I am confident that this was the issue

IMG_6596 (resized).JPGIMG_6596 (resized).JPG

#2049 7 years ago

Redid my PKE brackets. I am short, 5,5" so I could never see the P or K. Added about an inch in the new brackets and riveted back on

I painted them flat black so they would not stand out

IMG_6605 (resized).JPGIMG_6605 (resized).JPG
IMG_6607 (resized).JPGIMG_6607 (resized).JPG
IMG_6606 (resized).JPGIMG_6606 (resized).JPG

#2051 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

There are 1/2 circle mirror Mods, with somewhat difficult instructions, to remove the screws and mount.
I chose 2 small pieces of double sided foam tape, raised a bit, like above, and accomplished quite well
and fast!

Yeh..... those screws suck. I used a 1/4 ratchet with 12 " extention and a swivel

#2055 7 years ago

Only real issues im having anymore is the rattle every 4-5 shot on the right orbit.

Playfield still looks excellent ( no chipping, ghosting or sunk inserts ) except for the usually dimpling all over.

1 week later
#2114 7 years ago

Normal crazing. Happens during the sanding process when it opens fissures in the insert At the very minimum you can rest a sure the clear has a good bite on the insert and should not ghost

#2128 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Chas has recommended slightly loosening the two screws holding the switch on the ramp. He said that sometimes they are overtightened at the factory, chasing the actuator to not easily activate. I would try that.

This is definatly the case..... I replaced both ramp switch"s and lowered my R Ramp cover plastic and no get zero misreads. Just snug the screws till they just touch plus a little extra. ( I would replace also ).

#2134 7 years ago

Ok .... Im on 1.12 now.... Got to we came, we saw we kicked some ass but the insert never lit and the ghosts never went about 80. Anyone else have this issue.

Also Slimer sometimes does not light solid on the first play after turning on sometimes.

#2145 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ok .... Im on 1.12 now.... Got to we came, we saw we kicked some ass but the insert never lit and the ghosts never went about 80. Anyone else have this issue.
Also Slimer sometimes does not light solid on the first play after turning on sometimes.

So theres no one on here that can verify this ? Any info would be helpful.

#2184 7 years ago

My scoop already broke. Screws are from the top under the plastic. They use two tiny Allen head bolts

#2226 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Have any of you replaced the switch on the left ramp in order to resolve the ramp not registering?
If so, what is the part number that you replaced it with?

Yep. Replaced the left one as it was assembled to tight and damaged the switch. manual called for a roller switch that Stern sent me but they dont have enough throw... I had these at home. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5087-00

I replaced with this after I rebent and trimmed down . It stays actuated longed when the balls traveling super fast 100% registers. As for the right switch, lower your ramp cover plastic and adjust switch also.

#2242 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Here's an issue I haven't seen reported. I've never been able to stack 3 balls in the Library Captive Ball stack. Once you have one or more balls stacked in there, 99% of the time the next one you try to stack just bounces out (through the wireform gate). Gravity doesn't close the one-way gate fast enough. It's something that might not be obvious unless you pay attention to it. Anyone else notice this?

Make sure your gate is not touching the plastic and lower the gate by tweaking up or down till the ball just barley goes threw with the gate while fully up so it has the slightest of drag without trapping the ball.

#2281 7 years ago

I have used no cliffys on my 11/16 PF so far. Eject on lowest power, mylar on shooter, coil settings on low, outholes covered with cliffy factory style protector, mylar on S/B bro targets and adjusted correctly so the height of the target is a ( c@#t hair above the PF ). No issue thus far after two months.

Ball will not even touch the S/B target edge if adjusted correctly . Take your time and do it right. Adjust a second time after 100 plays or so after it settles.

#2283 7 years ago

No...Made a rectangle with rounded the edges. Cleaned PF with rubbing alcohol. Installed the mylar then used an exacto knife and carefully cut out the inside around the edge and removed excess.

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

How did you adjust the drop targets? More accurate question, how do you adjust the drop targets?

Two screws on each assembly. Only adjust 1/16 to 1/8 turn each time you measure. Use a credit card and slide along PF so the card barely hits the target. That way the ball will never touch the edge

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I think the latter. In my case, it was obvious the targets when hit hard enough were rubbing on the playfield. It may have been for milliseconds, but still happening.

I disagree, as the angle of the target would let it glide downward. Not saying this dose not happen but the main issue is from the ball striking the PF edge.

#2293 7 years ago

Main wear is from the ball hitting the edge period. Look at MB,AFM,MM, TAF.... ect, ect .Same effect on games with drop targets. Theres an edge to wear. Why do you think games have wear at the inserts. Its because they are not perfectly even when they raise or sink.

Trust me if you ask Cliffy Im sure he will tell you the same thing. From the ball hitting the edge of a not perfectly smooth surface and not because the drop is rubbing as it goes down.

4 weeks later
#2441 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I just noticed while playing tonight that the cabinet decal is starting to fray a bit at the left side edge near the front of the game. I assume this is happening because the exposed edge of the decal is constantly being rubbed by my hand while flipping. This is the only Stern I own where the decals don't wrap around the edge. You can see from the photos that there is a gap between the side decals and the front decal on both sides of the game. Are all Ghostbuster premiums like this, or did they mess mine up at the factory?

Mine is also not wrapped. 11/16 build. My hands stay on the lockdown when playing so im not too concerned

IMG_6794 (resized).JPGIMG_6794 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#4118 5 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi , this parts is in my GB since more than 500 plays , and it's good

Here too.... I wouldnt mind making one or two for when it does .

THX!!!

#4137 5 years ago

Seems with that kind of breakage its routed. Almost hard to believe that could break.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoby1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=hoby1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.