main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1315 7 years ago

Just unbowed my le tonight.
No ghosting anywhere( and I looked for a while)
After turning it on and off a few times just checking things I get this message

IMG_9847 (resized).JPGIMG_9847 (resized).JPG

IMG_9848 (resized).JPGIMG_9848 (resized).JPG

#1316 7 years ago

I turned it on and off a few more times and the same thing pops up.Anyone know what this is?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#1459 7 years ago

My ecto goggle are acting wonky I keep getting a blank screen and occasionally a fast scroll of the ghosts sideways

Any thoughts

#1461 7 years ago

Yes I tried that several times and also tried re-doing the code but nothings working

#1470 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Ive had this but only once - how often are you seeing it? I put it down to buggy code...
Neil.

Last 4-5 times I have played it it is blank
And I have power cycled several times too

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

just thought I would post my fix for the blinding lights on the premium and le near the slingshots. I have placed a thin green piece of electrical tape over the 4 little boards and now the light is not blinding and is a pretty green.

Can you post a pic? Thanks

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

I'll get a pic for you Tomorrow I'm very happy with it because now I can do loopin supers without getting blinded.
I just cut a small piece of light green electrical tape and placed over the leds on each board then screwed them back in. It was just enough tape to cover the 3/4 of the board with the led. Pic coming still

I'm stopping on the way home and getting some today.

#1497 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

I got a confirmation from Chas at Stern that putting in a stronger spring above the autolaunch coil can help reduce the kick and should not have any long term negative affects. I have noticed much smoother launches since the switch.

Where do I find this different spring? I don't want mine to chip.

#1499 7 years ago

I agree, after re reading this my eject is what I'd like to power down a little bit.

#1505 7 years ago
Quoted from jaystile:

There seemed to be some confusion. According to the manual the 'Eject VUK' (Vertical Up Kick) coil is what causes the chipping in the shooting lane. The coil power can be adjusted in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176. This helped a bit, but I have also installed a cliffy protector.
The other issue is the 'Auto Launch Assembly' firing way too hard. I was worried that is was going to crack the plastic on the back as most of the time the ball ricocheted off the wall into Stay Puft or came bouncing back down the shooting lane. This is what the replacement spring fix is for. Easy to replace.
1. Unscrew
2. Compress spring to raise up the coil off the coil stop.
3. Rotate everything out of the way, replace the spring, and reassemble.

Nicely done! Thanks

#1517 7 years ago

I had this same problem. It lasted for a couple days then stopped. Maybe there is a real ghost in the machine. I was going to call stern but it hasn't come back.

#1518 7 years ago

Finally found green electrical tape and did this, what a great improvement, now I'm not getting blinded. I also did the lightning bolt shaped flasher too. Very happy with the difference.

#1537 7 years ago

Well my tobins has an ever so small sliver of ghosting☹️. Did everyone contact stern right away or do I wait to see if it gets worse.
Has anyone been told anything?

#1538 7 years ago

IMG_0299 (resized).JPGIMG_0299 (resized).JPG

This is somewhere around 75 games

#1542 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Is that a premium or LE ?

It's an LE

Quoted from bigd1979:

I hardly think thats worth mentioning or worth worrying about at the moment.....

I'm not contacting stern yet but the fact that it started makes me nervous. I was more wondering if anyone else just got a little then it stopped or is the beginning of a landslide.

1 week later
#1613 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

just received my empty box for playfield replacement from Stern

How bad was your playfield, I'm just curios what the replacement plan is, if the playfield needs to be trashed or are they going to swap all with ghosting, chipping etc.

#1618 7 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

Hey guys,
I posted this question a month ago on another forum but ... I have a quick question about Slimer for Premium / LE owners. When Slimer hovers that farther distance LEFT every once in a while (literally floating over the left loop for a brief moment before heading back to the right and mostly staying there) ... can you "bash" him in that position? Obviously if he goes above the plastics you can't. But, my Premium Slimer is just a tad high if he's in that left most spot above the left outlane. The ball will roll underneath him if he's hovering above the oulane. All the other positions register just fine.
If this is by design, in other words he is just hovering out of reach to mess with you, then that's fine. But, if I'm losing a possible bash point, I want to make sure and fix that. Ha ha.
Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is to make it take longer hit him and is designed that way. All that I have seen are the same way.

#1652 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone put mylar down at the ball drain or am I the only one?

I did from day one

#1654 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The shooter lane protectors PBL sells aren't Cliffy Protectors. They are a competing product. That's why they are different

I bought them too I forgot about cliffy
Will he sell the one missing piece?

2 weeks later
#1900 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

You would raise the playfield, locate the springs, unhook the bottom of the spring and re-attach with about 10 spring coils hanging below the attachment hook.

I did this last night and also adjusted the targets to be as flush as possible(they are flush in the front but down maybe a 1/32+ in the back)
My first game and I still get bricks! Any thoughts
And is anyone else's targets uneven on the top?

3 weeks later
#2111 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What pitch do you have the playfield at? Try increasing the pitch by raising the back legs a bit. I find 7 degrees works well.
Rob

Agreed, I have mine around 7 and it stays up there once in a great while but never for long periods of time like some people report.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hdmike444.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=hdmike444 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.