Topic Stats

• 4,387 posts
  • 513 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Node 8 (resized).png
C7EC193A-FD74-4DE0-9F4D-C3126E05D879 (resized).jpeg
564490C6-944B-41B6-9606-ECFA2D4ED963 (resized).jpeg
D864302A-8C2C-48A2-9FB6-84A8DCDD72D5 (resized).jpeg
Drop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
20190922_151526 (resized).jpg
20190922_194026 (resized).jpg
IMG_6764 (resized).JPG
IMG_6762 (resized).JPG
IMG_6763 (resized).JPG
IMG_6753 (resized).JPG
IMG_6752 (resized).JPG
IMG_6751 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (3 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (3 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (3 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (3 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (3 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (3 years ago)

Post #709 Videos of the Pinballlife outlane plastics in use for GB Posted by Pinzzz (3 years ago)

Post #876 tatman9999 photos of his Titan Rubbers in green on GB Posted by tatman9999 (3 years ago)

Post #1034 Photos of mismatched flipper side rails installed on factory game Posted by Trekkie1978 (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Stern has been building pinball machines for what, 30 years? And problems as simple as this are still being shipped like this from the factory? Unbelievable that someone can fix it in a few minutes here on Pinside, but the professional designers, testers, and factory assembly workers don't catch this or fix before it is boxed up.
I find that crazy, and there is no excuse for that.

I agree. They should stop making these Pros IMMEDIATELY.

And start manufacturing the LEs.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The flipper issue is going to be addressed with a code update coming out in the next week or so.

Awesome for you guys to keep reporting these.

Helps all of us waiting on games. Stern listens!

3 weeks later
#591 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

If slimer is slimmer than he must be on a diet and working out.
Good for him!

I need to reconsider my diet

image_(resized).jpeg

2 months later
#935 3 years ago

Hopefully they'll fix this "flipper gap" issue too.

Oh wait...

carrots_(resized).jpg

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I beg to differ, the gap kind of hurts the fun aspect of the game to non-professional players. My wife, kids, and friends didn't like the ridiculous center drains and initial impressions weren't good. Put the PBL center post kit and it made everyone happy. To each their own.

I did the same. You can "brick" shots in some pins like LOTR and it behaves "clunky", but GB bricked shots become laser beams STDM.

laser_(resized).jpg

#945 3 years ago
Quoted from Meph:

I personally don't have an issue with the flipper gap but I think it was a bad choice for this theme. I bought a GB Pro primarily because my kids really love the theme and wanted it. My wife hated my STTNG and never played it so I figured it was time to get something different. She hates the game. For my wife and my kids, longer ball times would be much better. I just can't understand the thinking of taking a timeless theme like Ghostbusters and make the game miserable for the casual player. I just wish they had thought out their design decisions a little more because I just don't see it lasting too long in my small collection. If I am the only (out of 4 of us) playing it regularly then I need to find something else.

The Pinball Universe Kit is a MUST. I makes it a much better pin. Has both outlane help and SDTM if you want. Best $42 you can spend!

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Seriously man. It's crazy to see people force themselves to struggle with the gap and crazy lightning speed SDTM's and not use the center post kit. It's as if they are afraid to be made fun on here on pinside. It makes the machine more fun and it's still hard as hell. Why sit here and talk about getting rid of the pin when this $42 kit makes it much better for the casual player? My wife and kids play it no problem and have fun with it now that the kit is installed.

I'll break into CrazyLevi mode here a little despite being in "the Honeymoom period" of GBLE.

Without that kit, I'd want to smash the glass.

The brutal outlanes and larger flipper gap do not mesh AT ALL with the speed and air balls from this game.

Boy it could've been brilliant, but without that kit, it's a really crappy experience compared to what they could have done.

I mean, we're talking TFLE carelessness, here, with airballs, and stuck balls.

IMG_3997_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it safe to assume that my cabinet was built on a Monday?

Every one I've seen, including mine, is like this. Even the one in Flippers in NC (they have every Stern LE over the years).

Headscratcher.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-15_at_7.20.41_AM_(resized).png

#1086 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hey man - after a lot of emails, calls, posting on here, etc - Gary Stern personally called me today. They are aware of the problem and planning a "Program" that distributors/dealers will utilize to make all of this right.
Here's a link to my earlier post in another thread that goes over my conversation w/ Gary:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/65#post-3298045

WOW! Great job. Mods should make this a sticky post at the top of the Stern forum.

1 month later
#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Not to hijack the thread, but do these problems also occur on machines from
other manufacturers, like JJP and Heighway?
Looking at some of the issues in this thread makes me pretty nervous!

Yes they do but some more than others. Most issues are easily fixable, albeit annoying. Drop targets not flush, Slimer not registering properly, air balls, tough out lanes.

But you can't overcome the playfield insert ghosting and clear chipping. That's piss poor.

Stern will have to replace those with fully populated play fields, then they'll need to seek damages against their playfield supplier. I'm sure there's some messy crap going on behind the scenes.

3 weeks later
#1398 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have not seen a premium with any severe ghosting. All I have seen is a very tiny white spot in Tobin's insert. Anyone have serious issues with Premiums?

Honestly it's too early to tell. Wait a month or two. This is what happened with GBLEs. Nothing worse than inspecting your $8000 toy every single day for fear that issues will develop.

If there's no Stern public "We will replace your defective play field" stance, it's not worth a $6700 risk.

3 weeks later
#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

It's an LE

I'm not contacting stern yet but the fact that it started makes me nervous. I was more wondering if anyone else just got a little then it stopped or is the beginning of a landslide.

From what I've seen, unfortunately it's the beginning Mike. It probably will progress. Don't contact Stern yet. Needs to get a lot worse on multiple inserts before you can take you shot and contact them. Just play the heck out of the game and keep monitoring.

5 months later
#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'm pretty annoyed. After having my playfield replaced, my game simply plays worse. The right orbit used to be 100% reliable on my game before swapping the playfield out, now it commonly fails to make it around. It really disrupts things, and I'm quite bugged about it.
Since I never had the problem before, I've not looked into the fixes out there. What are people doing to improve the reliability of the right orbit shot? This is on a GBLE, by the way.
I've traded ghosting for a TERRIBLE left scoop (never had an issue there before), a bad right orbit, and a host of other issues I've been fixing. Frustrating.

Sucks, man. What could have been.

ghost (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3059 2 years ago

I had that flutter a few times on WWE LE.

Chas from Stern said:

"Try unplugging the connector for the general illumination. If there a shorted bulb or socket this can cause problems with the coils."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside