main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

It's supposed to be the 4th

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any links to that announcement by Dead Flip?

Is was suppose to be on there last twitch broadcast not sure where they archive those

1 week later
#352 7 years ago

I don't mind that as a temp band aid code fix but slimer is suppose to be the bash toy having the ghost target count too takes away from that. They need to figure out a fix/replacement for one of they key toys/features.

#422 7 years ago

I would think the parts should be free you might have to some labor yourself

#429 7 years ago

Anyone looked at the pro manual what does it show in there?

#433 7 years ago

Do we know for certain that current GB Pro owners have this older mechanism?

#450 7 years ago

Stern's cheap don't think they would have redesigned it if they didn't know it would be a problem.

#484 7 years ago

Should be 1.4

#505 7 years ago

I'm not cancelling my LE order but jeez these quality control problems are getting off the chain I feel like I should but HELL that ain't happening

#566 7 years ago

I'd be very interested in this mod if Stern really isn't doing anything about it.

1 week later
#676 7 years ago

Wish it was just the height extenders really don't want a center post or super bands thought everyone uses Titan competition rubbers now

Edit just ordered mine

#681 7 years ago

Things like Springs I will wait a 100 or so games before any replacements to see how things break in

#689 7 years ago

Wish I had ordered these with my pbu kit.....

#694 7 years ago

Where do you get the shooter lane protector set?

Thanks,

1 month later
#942 7 years ago

I think someone said you could add a rubber to it the slightly increase outlane to keep factory size.

#999 7 years ago

I would strongly consider canceling if I wasn't in for a LE.

#1011 7 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I have to agree, stern quality really has gone down the old crapper. Having to adjust flipper bats, 4 switches, drop target is already broken, the game shoots out 2 balls 1 of 8 times, metal ball guide is bent to crap and had to purchase an aftermarket piece to fix, had to add foam to ramp so the ball doesnt moonwalk out, cant move the posts because the playfield pulls apart. Best 8k I have ever spent!

If it makes you feel better this game was designed to have the bats angle down more the normal so that may have been intended... everything else

1 week later
#1108 7 years ago

You do have the new captive ball improvement but negative reinforcement looks really bad not sure the issue maybe vid or someone else hear can shed light on it i would suggest you post there in the hey are you serious stern thread.

#1113 7 years ago

Anyone know the cause of the damaged it looks like a sticker was pulled up reveling the wood or something.

#1118 7 years ago
Quoted from JVC10:

I get how a playfield could look perfect when you install it and then develop issues en route to customer. But two different lollipop rails? How do you miss that?

This is just a total lack of QC this is getting nuts how many problems GB is having

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Let us know how yours turns out when you unbox it , Tomorrow ?

Its being shipped to me tomorrow will probably get it Monday but whenever i receive it will document the entire process good or bad..........

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Heres a fun one.
No issues on toobin insert. Left my glass off for 3 days working on it and the white lines on both edges are now there.
45 days in.
Humidity, with the glass off?

Who knows at this point

#1172 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This is the more likely scenario.... My guess is change in technique, and now these inserts are moving from underneath the clear. Same inserts, same wood, same glue, has to be different application.

This doesn't explain some of the cracking we have scene like on KPG could it be to hard of a clear not allowing for some flex?

#1173 7 years ago

What power are people changing the left scoop to get reliable returns?

Thanks

#1185 7 years ago

I just put down some cling vinyl in the shooting lane along with pbl life protection kit. On mine they mylared the whole pop area and even wear slimer hits the metal

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

To cover the inserts that ghost, and the long one for the shooter lane to cover chips!
Center the sticker in the middle of the playfield...covers all ghosted inserts!
Thanks for sharing the new "program"!

So this is the program they came up with great probably charging for it to

2 months later
#1751 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

My first very functional and useful mod - just installed it tonight. I have been frustrated (as most of you) with the left and right drains, so I put together a modded outer drain rail piggyback piece. Fit nicely and it works absolutely great so far, so I think I got it just right. To do it, I needed to drill two holes on the playfield per side. Then I formed a stainless steel rail to match the factory rail size. Doing one at a time to test it.
My goal: Minimize the dreaded side drain. Not to eliminate it, but make it more difficult for the ball to drain as it does. So I built one for the left drain to test. Shown here, with the specific drill bit to make the rail fit tightly into the playfield:

Positioning the new piggyback rail to see how it will fit into the machine:

Next, marked the location:

Drill the first hole into the playfield (I guess I'm now committed):
And the second hole:

Tap the piggyback rail firmly into the playfield:

Move the pin post to the forward hole:

Clean up the playfield with a vacuum cleaner, and give it a shot. It works beautifully. I can still get a ball into the drain, but most of the time, if it's not a direct hit, it will bounce back. Out of ten potential hits, it drained twice. Before, it would have drained ten out of ten times....And, with the extra height, it has stopped a few air balls that would normally go right into the drain.
I will now make the right side identically to the left side. The machine is much more fun to play when the game ball lasts a bit longer.
100% happy with this mod.

Yikes

#1775 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Must've struck a nerve here customizing my ride....
^^You said it right. Guys with their pins complain about a dab of ink in the wrong spot, plastic that actually wears out, springs that aren't strong enough, and so on. I'm not one to complain about most of this stuff, and unless it's blatantly problematic, you won't see me calling the dealer and insisting on a one-on-one with Gary Stern.
As for dropping the value of a machine by $500 because of a 3/16" hole in the playfield...what world did that one come from? Get serious please. The resale value is in the eye of the beholder and the agreed party. Those who are predisposed to bitch about that kind of stuff, will always bitch about that stuff. And the buyer won't.

Not sure if there is another pinside on here who would think drilling a hole in the playfield. On another note it seems you did this ton prevent drains more the lane hoping I'm pretty sure you could have just added a rubber to the end of the rail or as mention soldered another pisce of metal on to extend a hair further.

5 months later
#3162 6 years ago

I have mine in the droopy position and have no problem back handing either ramp can even back hand the left orbit once in a while, i can easily pass the ball from right flipper to left flipper but have a bit of a problem from left to right i probably need to look at alignment a little further......

2 months later
#3413 6 years ago

I have been having problems with my slimer registering hits, i believe i have the new mechanism but he just wont register, any ideas how to fix him.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flato.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.