New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158288)

Ghostbuster Issue Thread

By exflexer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,470 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 713 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (4 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fitzhume.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1431 4 years ago

I just got my Pro yesterday and set it up. Played quite a bit so far and I happened to notice this slowly sliding down the play field near the terror dog spot just now. Anyone know where these are used in the game?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7VmFoWjFqMUt3Vnc (where it was found sliding down)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7eF9ncEphNDlUTms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7QlppeTI1UnNzbU0

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

This is just a complete guess, but it looks like the type of hex screw used to secure micro switches and rollovers on sterns. I would check the 3 rollovers on the 14th street.

Great knowledge there. That was it. Thanks!!

3 weeks later
#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sooo, you have to remove everything from the playfield and ship it out to them and then rebuild it when you get the replacement??
I was about to pull the trigger on ordering a GB, but with all these issues, I dont see how I can. There is no way in hell I I would have the time or patience to tear down my brand new playfield...
Unreal these problems... Its not like these things are cheap!

I pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago on a Pro(1st machine ever). So far the only issues I have experienced are bad data cable in the topper(fixed), air balls (fixed with shielding), and just noticed chipped area where the shooter lane accepts the balls. This was after about 1200 games.

However my question to the rest is with the shooter lane damage and damage to where the balls leaves the playfield.. It's not huge at this point but I have turned down the trough power around 179. The ball just now floats to the shooter rod very nicely. However should I report this damage to Stern/distributor or go the route of fixing it on my own(normal wear-n-tear) ? And if I should just fix it, I know people have said a 'Cliffy' but I do not know where to purchase said version of this protector? Does anyone one have this one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2120) I'm not sure where to go with this.

Are the slot switch protectors worth it as well? I'm sure I'll have more questions since like I said this is my first machine. Loving it so far.

#1611 4 years ago

Thanks for the info on the protectors. The airballs were happening right on the left ramp on the 2x and 3x pf multipliers. I tried adding some cushion behind the targets but it only slowed the airballs. Since adding that shield on that ramp I don't get airballs probably 98% of the time playing. Only time are on the Scoreli targets (opposite flipper shot) and maybe some side glances on things.

Yes there wear is where the ball enters the trough. Here are photos of both areas. It's the best I could do at this moment. Is this something that I need to report or is this an issue I need to deal with myself? Thanks again!

exit (resized).jpg

shooter (resized).jpg

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can someone point me in the right direction for the airball protector for a Pro machine?
Thanks.

This is the one I have: http://littleshopofgames.com/product/ghostbusters-plastic-air-ball-fix/

#1655 4 years ago

Ran through a test of my switches today and found my outlane switch wasn't registering. Checked the switch and found the solder joint on the roll-over switch has separated. What is the best method to re-solder this properly? I haven't soldered in year and am quite nervous about this fix.

Also I checkout all the solder points on the switches and the seem like the wires are not fished through the holes of the switch posts. Is this normal practice with these machines?

Here is a picture if what I mean. It looks like the wire was just placed on the side of the post and then soldered on. Even the ones in the background do not look like they were fished through either.

broke solder (resized).jpg

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes
Just re-heat the tab and wire and they'll melt together w/o any issue.

Thanks for the reply. I will work on that soon.

1 week later
#1869 4 years ago

This question is about the updated Slimer mech. My Pro came with it and I just noticed over the last 20 games or so I really can hear his motor whirring when activated. It used to be perfectly quiet. Anyone have this issue or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

#1902 4 years ago

Update Slimer Motor:

I checked the motor and I have nothing like you fine people have do. Since I have a Pro I have the slimer arm (plastic) attached to the motor and is not a belt system. But as it moves it makes a horrible noise. Here is a vid of this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwd8lpaBTUT7c1RMeWgxNFVvNzA

I never heard it while playing until recently. My wife pointed it out to me last night when she way playing. More than likely I will be contacting my distributor or Stern on this one. What do you guys think about this? Any other Pro owners hear this motor or could document their motor sound? I'm scared that the motor could quit working all together.

Thanks!

#1904 4 years ago

I can clearly hear Slimer move up and down when I couldn't before during play with the glass on. I shouldn't be concerned of it's now audible nature?

#1919 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks. Nearly fell out of my chair when I called Stern just now and a real person answered on first try. I thought they were like the man behind the curtain. They were very polite and willing to help. Chaz said he could send new switches but that they would be the exact same switches currently in use. Was hoping there would be a modified switch to replace them with. He also mentioned that sometimes if the 2 screws attaching the switch are too tight this can cause internal issues with registering. just FYI

Are you calling the number that is on their website?

6 months later
#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Btw, Stern has changed the flipper alignment to normal.
I said it over and over that the flippers are droopy and doesn't play correctly to the design of the field. People here kept saying that's the way it was ment to be because it came from the factory that way. I fixed my flippers so they are setup like all other new sterns. Shots were smoother and cleaner.
NOW:::: fresh from the stern factory. The flippers are coming out, aligned correctly. no more droopy flippers. Friend just bought a new premium and the flippers were setup like mine were.
The marker holes are still in the droopy spot, but they were installed so the holes were aligned with the bottom of the flipper plastic. Stern realized they screwed up and changed it.

It's been some time that I've visited here to this thread since I got my Pro back in October 2016. I've been trying to catch up on everyone's experiences and found this one to be rather interesting. Thanks for this update and I'll be looking at my flipper angles tonight. Are you just eyeing it up or are you putting them at a specific degree angle from a square portion of the table?

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think he just aligned them so they are parallel to the ball guide.

Thanks for the reply.

1) For those that have a pro, the last time I went through and tested all the switches, I noticed that the divider switch would only active every time if I adjusted it closer to the magnet (I think that's what pulls it) for the storage facility. Fine tuned it so it's works every time. I did this because when the storage facility was lit, sometimes the ball would continue around the ramp shot and not drop the ball in the storage facility but sent it to the right flipper. I would still get the notification of the storage facility was activate but I would just freeze the ball on the right flipper until that notification/animation was done. Since then I noticed that if the storage facility is not list and the ball gets sent to the right flipper, it will make it but the ball will glance off the divide at the fork. The divider is out a bit that causes this but if it's anymore flush it will not open enough to sent it to the storage facility. Has anyone else had to adjust the divider space to get a continuous ball drop in the storage facility and also see the ball glance off the fork/divide on that ramp?

Also looking at the exploded view of this mech, it is somewhat different that was is actually in my GMPro machine.

2) I saw some posts about the captive ball left rail being bent and contacting Stern for the insert to protect this. How is this rail getting bent that will cause the captive ball not to hit the target at the symmetrical book stacking?

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Ya I tweaked this a bit, there's a screw that can adjust how far out the diverter sits, and then I bent it carefully to make it sit flush (as possible) when not engaged. Put the table up on the service legs/rods and you can get at the screw easily.

I have adjusted this screw but not have bent the arm. With the divider adjusted to it activates every time, it does set somewhat open instead of it's flat state which does cause the ball to glance off that corner of the ramp divider. Has anyone else attempted to bend this divider in this manner?

3 months later
#3495 3 years ago

I have noticed while playing recently that my plunger is not in the middle of the lane. I re-leveled the game recently and also noticed that the playfield doesn't not drop nicely into it's slots. Has anyone run into this before and if so what did you do to get the table to drop in effortlessly?

Attached is a picture of what I'm seeing (in the view finder of the plunger, it's down the middle.

Plunger (resized).JPG

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That is a sign that while your playfield may measure level your cabinet is likely twisted. I'd try putting a level on the bottom of the front and back of the cabinet to see if they are level.

I will give this a shot. Thanks for the information.

UPDATE:

WOW! I can't believe that just a couple of turns on the front left leg allows that playfield to be lifted and set to easily now. Thanks for that suggestion!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Suamico, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 50.00
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fitzhume.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside