Topic Stats

• 4,482 posts
  • 529 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by orlandu81
  • Topic is favorited by 149 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 717 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (4 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (4 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (4 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billrz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The switch behind Stay-Putt isn't a code issue. It's a design flaw because fast balls sent up the Ecto Lane lift off the ground when they go around the corner and the switch isn't depressed enough. Likewise, a softer plunge up the Ecto Lane seems to almost alway work.
I tried bending my switch to make it more sensitive, but the switch would close when I screwed it back in. I bent it back to get it working again, but same % of failure.
Stern should have put another Opto in there, or a physically different switch that could be closed when a fast ball is shot through the Ecto Lane.

I also have this issue,and am trying to find an easy solution. I hate not getting credit for that shot,and often post pass to backhand it. Id say it only registers 50 percent of the hard shots from right flipper. Pretty frustrating

4 weeks later
#2946 3 years ago

To remove this Mylar do I need to remove any pf parts ? I plan on doing this today as soon as I get home from work. Been frustrating not registering those shots . Can't wait to try this out!!

#2961 3 years ago

Mylar removed,pf cleaned with goo gone and is bone dry. Didn't get a chance to play a game yet (did this on my lunch break) can't wait to test it when I get home!!
Is it a good idea to just cut the metal hex to 1 3/4? I don't wanna wait and thatbranp is so sow hard to make it up over the rivets at the top. Cut (carefully) or not to cut??

#2972 3 years ago

Yay! Right orbit now registering 100 percent of time so far after removing Mylar. Now to adjust the pke ramp and my game will be almost perfect

image (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3347 3 years ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Just thought I would provide this update. My new replacement Playfield with less than 100 plays has chipping already.

mine has these as well,.noticed after 100 plays or so,but am close to 4,000 plays now its no worse somehow...actually mine isnt as bad
as yours,it doesnt go into the black or color. but it hasnt got worse

#3366 3 years ago

So sad. My subway coil stopped working. What do I do now ? It looks like it burnt. And my left flipper started sticking a little bit as well. Nooooooooo. Any body help ? Only 4 months old. 3800plays

IMG_1264 (resized).JPG

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. Gonna have to maintain the game especially if you're putting that kind of play on it. Rebuild the flipper, test the coil, if shorted, replace it.

Coil is burnt,the test doesn't recognize it. I'm hoping warranty will cover it. My left flipper is sticking as well. Just enough to be annoying. My distributor should. D able to help me. It's my first and only pin,im not super versed in the tech side but am trying. The community on here is helpful. When you say rebuild the flipper? Im pretty sure the problem is inside the flipper coil. I've checked all the screws and whatnot. All snug. The little nub on the end of the coil pops out too much when the flipper is engaged. If I push in on it the flipper goes down,if I hold it and flip it works perfectly?

#3373 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Just replace the coil stop. The "little nub" on the end of the coil stop should be solid, not moving. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=274
While you are at it, order a new $9 coil http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1993 just remember to cut the diode off the replacement coil as GB doesn't have diodes on coils.

Thanks,seems like not too hard of a fix. Hoping my local guy has some in stock,and is covered by warranty (super cheap either way). Also seems like those coil stops should come installed on the flippers,but nope,both mine are a bit loose... Thanks for the help,appreciate it, hope to get playing again asap!!

#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I had a similar problem with my scoop. In my case, the screws holding the switch to the scoop loosened up to the point one of the screws fell out. Check and adjust the switch, should be an easy fix.

Exact same thing happened to mine. One of the tiny black screws loosened and fell. Happened twice. So I tightened it as much as I could safely. No problems since. Many many games ago

4 months later
#3584 3 years ago

Here's a video of the wrtby bug
I'm sure had I hit the left scoop (like I was trying for) it woulda been fine. But I put 2 balls in the right scoop and the game got very confused to the point of having to restart the machine. Very sad.new code new code new code please! Pretty weak wizard mode at this point anyway.100,000 jackpots. Pshhhhh

1 month later
#3640 3 years ago

My left scoop has been kicking the ball out without registering about 10-15 percent of the time,really sucks when extra ball,or back off man or anything is lit. it just started happening a week ago. My friend says its a code issue. Anybody else have this problem? any fixes?

#3643 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Check the switch. Several people have reported that one of the tiny little screws popped out and it was loose.

I did have the problem early on,the little black screw fell out...either way, i took the switch off,and put it back on. Just got 8.8 billion game!! switch worked everytime!! 2 extra balls! yay

1 month later
#3804 2 years ago

So this just happened. . Just over a year, hopefully warranty still covers it. I read about this issue early on. Thought they rectified it

IMG_2960 (resized).JPG

#3809 2 years ago

I love this community! Thank you sir. What a great and simple fix. I could only find m6 bolts. But they worked great seems way stronger,and why they wouldn't do this at the factory baffles me. Thanks again

IMG_2965 (resized).JPG

IMG_2966 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3823 2 years ago

I need help. super frustrating problem with my premium. The left scoop only rewards 75 percent of my shots or less, the other 25 percent just kick out with no reward (including increase super jackpot. ...I will upload a video,it happens at the worst times, add-a-ball.extra ball etc etc..If I cant fix it,I might have to sell it its gotta be the switch,ive bent it a tiny bit, seemed to work for a few games,but then back to not registering... anybody else experience this? my last resort is to get a new switch and install it I guess..im at a loss....please help. thank you

1 week later
#3866 2 years ago

Having issues with my left scoleri bro,he pops up and immediately goes down. I’ve tried tightening and loosening the spring to no avail. Has this happened before,thanks in advance as it’s most likely been talked about somewhere in this thread. Getting frustrated w my gb I’m genetal. Left scoop only registers 75 percent if lucky. I’ve adjusted the switch which works for a game or 2, and now sometimes the left scoop just fires it sdtm (if it registers), even too it’s set on high (64). Sometime w a hard hit it pushes the switch out of the way making game do a ball search b4 kicking it out. Arggghhhh

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Sounds like you broke the little black plastic "ledge" the target grabs onto when reset into the up position. Look at it from underneath. You may have to remove the assembly to see it. I made my own out of a thicker strip of plastic and it didn't break again.

unfortunatly that is not the problem,thank you though, I checked right away,but can see the ledge is fine. I can manually push it up with game off and stays up fine. With game on it just will NOT stay up?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rocklin, CA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billrz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside