main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#516 7 years ago

When I first saw the new design I thought, "hmm not a bad hack by a pinsider to fix an issue". Then I read that's how it comes from the factory? That's ugly as sin. My suggestion to help hide it somewhat would be to use some black heat shrink over the blade connector and move it up as far as you can to the slimer wire so that it still functions. Then shrink it. At least that would help mask most of it. Honestly who uses a red connector on an all black part??

1 year later
#3732 6 years ago

Loving this game so far but those gozer SDTM drains are for the birds... Has anyone ever added a 1 way gate up there to allow the ball to pass to the gozer target, but feed the return ball to the pops?

#3734 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Better start practicing your slide saves!

I'd have to slide it out the door and down the street to save those drains...

#3736 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Put a center post in it if you think it will make it more fun for you (and your guests).

Not a fan of the look. I honestly don't mind the gap too much. It's just those all too often center drains from Gozer.

#3740 6 years ago

To anyone that has repaired the shooter lane... There are areas of my shooter lane that the clear has chipped away and some areas where the clear isn't chipped, but you can tell it has delaminated ( appears milky) from the wood. Whats the procedure to fix those areas? Should I cut out the delaminated area or just leave it as is and repair the bare spots? I have Cliffy's on order but they are about 3 months out, so my intention is to repair what I can and put some mylar down in the meantime.

#3745 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd just put Mylar down and call it good until the Cliffies show up.

That was my intent, but I want to repaired the existing damage first. I have some chipped areas that the cliffy will not cover. I'd like to get it out of the way so when the cliffys arrive I can just put them on. Not wait like 7 days for the clear to cure.

#3747 6 years ago

+/- 900 plays...Shame *ding ding*

IMG_20180222_203714 (resized).jpgIMG_20180222_203714 (resized).jpg

#3768 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just picked up a pro and the auto launch can’t shoot the ball all the way to the top. Any ideas?

Can you adjust the coil power in the audits?

1 week later
#3806 6 years ago

Starting to have a wired issue here. The face of my 2x stand up target has started to rotate slightly towards the left loop. As a result plugged balls ( here and there) clip the top corner of the target throwing off the balls trajectory.

I've already tried bending it back, but it eventually works it's way out of wack again. Anyone else experience this?

#3813 6 years ago
Quoted from GoDFaDDa:

Was there ever a better solution proposed to the super-stiff targets next to the ramps (that rocket the ball back so hard it jumps over the flippers)? The last I saw, in the early days of this thread, it was adding a bit of weatherstripping behind them. I'm on a Premium, FWIW.

One User created target wedges to pitch the targets forward. The same user i believe designed a new target bracket with the pitch built in AND also raised the target off the field a bit more to keep the ball from striking the rivet. Both of these parts are available via shapeways. I have never really seen anything documenting how these solutions have worked out over time. I would love to know before dropping $30 on 2 brackets.

1 week later
#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the support vireland and others
for me and others it heavily reduces from a big airball (half the playfield and high) every 1-2 games to
now
1 little ball hope off the side of the left hand target if you hit the side sometimes once in every 15-20 games
so not a total "elimination" and much more than a mere "minimise" but the little hops are very small maybe an inch and rare and the 1 in 15-20 games is probably worse case, very rarely get them. BUT a square on power shot will return the ball back to you fast which tells me that the angle of the bracket is making a big difference.

So to clarify this design is meant to raise the target to match the height and pitch of Bally / Williams targets, right? That being said if you were to raise them even higher, say and additional 1-2mm, could that potentially eliminate the air balls all together?

1 week later
#3888 6 years ago

So last night after a few scotches and a frustrating night at my GB, I got to thinking about the possibility of elongating the holes (essentially making a slot) for the flippers so that the mechs could be dropped lower to an acceptable flipper gap. Then on the under side rotate the mech slightly so that you have 2 sets of hole patterns ( 1 stock, 1 modified). This way you could use the original flippers and not those embarrassing carrots. Even if I decided to revert back to the original gap, the flipper bats would cover the larger hole for the most part. Anyone thought of or attempted to do this before? Were talking what a 1/8" notch on both sides max? I know I know #playbetter....

1 week later
#3904 6 years ago

Decided to pull the trigger and purchase the Swinks standup target brackets. Can't watch to try them out !

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I completely forgot to follow up. Yes, it stopped all the huge ball jumpbacks (like ones that would go over the flippers, etc) and the ball is nowhere near as wild hitting the targets. I removed the protector and it's working fine.
The only real negative (which is not related to the targets) is that protector kept the ball down longer as it started up the ramp, so without it, you sometimes get rocket-launched balls that go off the ramp and into the area behind Gozer. That ramp really needs a clear half-funnel on it to keep the ball on the ramp.
They're expensive, but they do work for the most part. A substantial improvement, and as such, I expect Stern will rip it off soon enough.

That's great to hear. Personally I've been planning on covering the entire ramp with a piece of plastic that has some sort of graphics on it. That huge, plaine, stainless steel ramp is a bit of an eye sore on an otherwise beautiful game.

#3914 6 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I didn't see any "fixes". The storage facility multiball lightshow needs to be toned down. When I lose balls in this mode, most just roll down the middle off of a flipper because I didn't even see the ball. Has anybody come up with any ideas that are easily implemented?

I wind up adjusting my stance when I get SFMB so the lights aren't hitting my in the eyes. I crotch down to about the height of 7 year old and play the mode. It's helped tremendously. Silly, but it works.

1 week later
#3935 5 years ago

So installed my Swinks brackets the other day. And had plenty of shots ( bricks mostly ) to the stand ups. Not even a hop from the ball ! Trust in Swinks. Put those brackets in and get that ugly piece of plastic out ! Best "mod" you can buy.

#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

would be the bracket as it tilts the target 5 degrees and lifts the target up 2mm which then keeps the ball under the target rivet

Correct bought just the brackets.

2 weeks later
#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Need guidance- I read on pinside somewhere that on the left VUK people are putting a piece of something in there so the ball kicks out reliably to the right flipper.
So what material, where is it placed and can someone post a picture.
Thanks in advance!!

Why put a piece of anything in there? Just adjust the VUK power so that it sends the ball to the left flipper.

4 months later
#4132 5 years ago

The cable should be easy enough to replace. Kind of looks like bike brake line cable. Check out McMaster Carr. Nice selection of parts you don't see every day. Do you have a picture of where it's actually broken?

#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I can send a pic today. Im picking it up at 10am. Im working on the price with him due to this issue. Just trying to see how much he should come down due to this issue

In all honesty you should deduct the cost of the full slimer part at least. The game is unplayable without it. Just out of curiosity, how did he mange to break a stranded cable??

3 months later
#4215 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Installed my own right Orbit protector to help prevent balls from hitting that bracket, which only happens on the auto launch and not the flipper shot to the right orbit. I shot a video of this, but video too large. This did not work for the auto launch as the ball hits the front piece of the plastic, broke also should have used something stronger, but it does not fix the nor prevent ball from hitting the ball gate as it hits the plastic protector
[quoted image]

I believe you need to angle the front of the plastic up so that it foces the ball down to the field. Plastic should be made out of polycarbonate or PTEG to prevent breakage.

9 months later
#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Im hoping to get help with a problem thats driving me crazy. After the ball goes through the pop bumbers and through the gate, there is a 50/50 chance the ball will go straight down the middle. Thanks!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Used to have this same issue...
Remove the screw holding the gate in place.
Position the gate so that the alignment tab is on the other side of the captive ball assembly
Reinsert the screw and tighten

Doing this will position the gate further into the orbit lane which in turn will force balls out of the pops into the guide rail about 99%. You still get the odd softly hit ball that misses both the gate and the ball guide, but it is much less frequent (if at all).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.50
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadiusmaximus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=arcadiusmaximus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.