main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1797 7 years ago

So I'll just chime in here a bit. I'm a pretty good player, but definitely not near the best in the DFW area. I got my GB Premium almost a week ago and we have been playing the heck out of it (over 100 games I'm sure). No center post, no elongated rails etc. I do have an Art airball protector and glad because airballs are bad when they are constant (to much risk for damage).

I did pound up the outside rails 1/4" and I don't see issues with hop overs. They happen occasionally, but they happen occasionally on every pin I own. I did move the outlane posts in to the narrower slot, but that's it.

I made sure the large rubber rings around the slingshots are below the small rubber rings on the posts. It makes the slings way more active and some of you may hate that, but I LOVE it. Makes the game harder? Probably...

So with that said, I scored 3.8 Billion last night (completed maybe 4 modes). I see no reason to make this game easier to play. It's a total blast as is. You learn to choose your shots to limit your risk. You learn to nudge. You learn to backhand targets, trap the ball with a flipper, etc to keep the ball under control. That is the key to pinball. Control.

My wife loves the game and my son loves it (he's 11). We moan when a bad ball happens, but we understand that is part of the risk and fun of playing pinball, it's random, it's hard, it's a lot of fun when things go well. It's a lot of fun when they don't go so well for who you are playing against (if you all have the right attitude).

However, do you what you want to your game. It's your game! I mod the heck out of my games if I like the mods. I don't add things that fundamentally change how the designer wanted them to play, but that's me.

#1860 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What code are you on?

I'm on 1.11, haven't had any real problems although there are some bugs in it. Doesn't detract from the fun for us though.

1 week later
#1960 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

am sick of all the air balls and crap though. To think an expert designer made this is laughable sometimes when you see all the bounces smashing everywhere, and yep I have all the protectors but still get some holy shit moments that make me think somethings broken.

Yeah, I've been making a few tweaks to see if I can lessen the airballs, but haven't had much time to play yet to see if it works out. I apparently had one airball hit the side of the ecto goggles mirror hard enough to knock it crooked. Opened the glass and I couldn't push it back by hand, had to unscrew it and re position it. Luckily it has adjustable slots, but that is probably why it moved.

I really think most of the airballs are due to the targets being to flimsy (they bend and allow the ball to go airborn) and also to the flippers being to powerful. I still get airballs from just good shots up the ramp. They launch right off the ramp after the airball protector. I am probably going to try and build a guard for the ramp...

#1963 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

In regards to the slimer issues, is this a problem with older playfields or are newer productions still having these issues?
I am about to pull the trigger on ordering a premium but some of these things make me nervous...

OK, officially from Stern, Slimer is supposed to rub on the bracket some as he is coming out so he is down closer to the playfield. Some people insist on moving him up so he doesn't touch anything when he comes down. I don't think anyone was having slimer rub on the actual playfield.

Mine, out of the box rubs just slightly on the one bracket as he's coming down (he's on a spring so bends) and it doesn't bother me so I haven't bothered trying to adjust him. He registers hits well and looks good flying around on the playfield.

#1969 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Try lifting your playfeild up and tighten down the front of your ramp this simply fix stoped my airballs from flying off the ramp

Yep did they yesterday and seemed to help (I bent the ramp flap down some too before tightening).

#1970 7 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Mine was touching the playfield and when he swung over to the fire station he would hook the plastic. Had to adjust. Nov 4th build date.

Oh. Well then I was wrong and that sucks. I wouldn't want him actually touching the playfield either.

1 week later
#2053 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

There are 1/2 circle mirror Mods, with somewhat difficult instructions, to remove the screws and mount.
I chose 2 small pieces of double sided foam tape, raised a bit, like above, and accomplished quite well
and fast!

There you go thinking again! I did it the hard way and before I even played a game

#2056 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only real issues im having anymore is the rattle every 4-5 shot on the right orbit.
Playfield still looks excellent ( no chipping, ghosting or sunk inserts ) except for the usually dimpling all over.

There is a one way gate on the right side and others have said they were cutting the corner to help with the orbit shots. I was adding some scoop lights and decided to take a look at mine.

I noticed two things. The plastics back there can move some if you lossen them. So I loosened them and made the edges of the plastics align with the ball guides better.

Also I was able to add two washers under the bracket on the left (furtherest screw from the shooter lane). This made the one way gate line up with the ball lane better.

I wasn't having a lot of problems with the orbits but now they seem even smoother.

Unrelated. I also replaced my right flipper. It was warped and seemed to be getting air balls just off flipper shots. Hopefully this settles that down.

2 weeks later
#2202 7 years ago

Concerning airballs flying off the ramp.

I was having this problem and raised the game up to 7 degrees, replaced the right flipper bat (looked to be unsquare) and still had issues but less.

I then realized watching the game closely the balls air getting air from the cliffy Protectors but most importantly they were getting air because the TONY scoleri drop was way to the left. This left a bigger gap on the right of the target that the ball could drop into and then hit the cliffy on its way out.

I adjusted the drop to center better when dropped and also to be the same height as the cliffy. This has pretty much eliminated the air balls going up the ramp. I still may create a plastic cover for the ramp to just be safe but it is much better.

1 week later
#2246 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Here's a new one, I think. My Nunzio Scoleri target doesn't seem to be popping up with his brother but when I ran a test it worked just fine. Any ideas why it wouldn't pop up during play?

Probably the switch for him is registering he's already up. Go into the switch test and check it carefully (with the playfield down in the playing position).

#2250 7 years ago

Every time I have a party, one machine or another will have something break. This is a big reason why there aren't just tons of pinballs on route anymore. It takes a tech and time to keep them going.

Firing that heavy silver ball around does amazing things. GB seems to have the strongest flippers I've seen and that just means more violence everywhere on the playfield. My RZ is so fast I am sure it'll be breaking things too...

1 week later
#2311 7 years ago

I adjusted how my right gate lined up. I took my right gate off, and added washers (2 thicker ones I think) under the bracket for one screw so the gate would line up better with the orbit. This seemed to help a LOT.

4 months later
#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.
1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?
2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.
3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1. I had airballs on the ramp and took me quite a while to realize the protector had droopped just a bit so the ball would barely touch it going up and fling the ball into the air. Solution is to make sure the drop target airball protector is higher. Add some washers under both sides and also don't tighten down the right side to much, let it float a little.

2. I only have this if I am trying to plunge lightly to get it to roll back down the lane. Check your left/right level on the playfield, maybe the ball is rattling as it is being launched so that slows it down to much.

3. My ball always makes it through the left gate. However, I took the right one way gate off, added some washers behind it so it angled more in line with the ball lane. I did this early on when I was adding a mirror for the lane lights and noticed it did not appear to be aligned with the ball lane, but was rather just bolted on at a 90 degree angle with the backboard.

FYI I haven't taken mylar off my machine and believe I'm getting the switch to register just fine. I'll have to pay more attention, but in general I play ghostbusters a little more stop and go (except during multiball). I try to keep from having super fast shots, to much chance to lose the ball.

#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Omg i really wanna buy this pin in premium, but every time im in here, i change my mind completely.
Watta nice theme and artwork. Klonky game yes okey. Cheap drains yes allright. I accept most of it, but not all those issues!!
I really hope stern somehow updates this pin, i would love to buy one. But N O T like this

You shouldn't feel this way. All of these 'issues' are mostly us knitpicking and wanting a perfect machine. I go through similar things on every pin I own from a players classic Bally to a new machine. Casual players and the general public would never notice anything. However we are the top 1% of fanatics and obsess over everything.

Ghostbusters is an incredible machine, but it is hard and can be frustrating. I don't think it'll leave my collection, but we have been having a blast with Aerosmith also since I got it. That is just a pure fun game and not as frustrating. Beautiful too!

2 months later
#3433 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. The Scoleri targets not going down from direct hits is what I would call a mechanical bug. Like many Stern target mechs, soft hits work fine, hard hits and they might as well be walls.
Also had a machine reset yesterday, again connected to the librarian scoop on the left. I don't think that bug has been fully addressed yet.

The Scoleri's are fine, if you know they don't like a straight on hit, then simply backhand them. If I hit the drop target on my ST to hard, it won't go down either (although I'm going to try and fix that). All of the Stern drops seem to behave this way and tournament players will know that. It's just the scoleri are up closer so they get hit harder.

I've had my premium almost a year now and haven't had the reset issues. I'm not sure it's actually a software bug as much as it may be line voltage being a little lower some places and too much stuff going on.

Now I will say there are bugs and we deserve another code release. I mean the most annoying is when you're playing a game and it says 'FREE PLAY'... Still have a blast playing the game when I'm not cursing at it, but then again thats fun too as long as I'm winning

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely. All the ones I've seen are tied to that librarian scoop. I even made instructions for making it fail on the version before, and rather than fix the root bug, Stern took out one of the steps so it couldn't be reliably reproduced in 1.13. Now it's random (well, at least I can't find another set of reliably reproducible steps) again, but the core bug is clearly still there.

OK, then that does suck...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 49.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverballNut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=SilverballNut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.