main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2236 7 years ago

Here's an issue I haven't seen reported. I've never been able to stack 3 balls in the Library Captive Ball stack. Once you have one or more balls stacked in there, 99% of the time the next one you try to stack just bounces out (through the wireform gate). Gravity doesn't close the one-way gate fast enough. It's something that might not be obvious unless you pay attention to it. Anyone else notice this?

#2243 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Make sure your gate is not touching the plastic and lower the gate by tweaking up or down till the ball just barley goes threw with the gate while fully up so it has the slightest of drag without trapping the ball.

That worked. Bending the one-way gate wireform and lowering it a tad eliminated bounce backs, but it turns out I had a second problem that prevented three balls from stacking in the Library. The top rollover switch in the lock was "sticky". When a ball momentarily closed the switch, the actuator didn't always spring back up. Thus, at times, the game thought three balls were already locked and released whatever was in there. The fix was to go under the playfield and loosen one of the black screws holding the rollover switch (it was over-torqued, causing the switch to act sticky).

10 months later
#3573 6 years ago
Quoted from Sirphobos:

I had an issue with Slimer dragging his butt on the metal around the center captive... I shimmed it up with two washers, which improved it, but It seems as though I could add a third, but then the allen screw won't have any more metal to screw into on the shaft.
Anyone else had this issue, and a better solution to get Slimer to stop dragging on the PF?

You could probably get a longer screw and raise him more, but I wouldn't recommend it. On the Premium, as Slimer moves left and right, stopping in specific positions, he blocks or interferes with certain shots, including the left orbit. If you raise him to where his butt doesn't drag, he probably won't block or interfere with certain shots the way the designers intended (especially the left orbit). I wonder if anyone has tried bending the metal cover (over the captive balls) where he usually drags his butt.

7 months later
#4006 5 years ago

I'm pretty happy with Modfather's clear airball deflector on my Premium. It gave me a way to mount a matchbox size Ecto-1 over the left loop entrance (where it's depicted in the playfield art). With Ecto-1 wired to the spinner flasher, you get a nice effect when you make the shot. The only negative is that (on a Premium) a properly adjusted Slimer might drag his butt ever-so-slightly when he pans all the way to the extreme left.

Ecto-1.jpgEcto-1.jpg

4 weeks later
#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Would like to add that I downloaded it a 4th time on a seperate computer and no go. I even downloaded a 1.12 version of the file and it failed to update the same. Just drove out to the store and picked up 2 more flash drives- update failed again. It doesnt even get to unpack the files, it stops at like file 6. Something is telling me this is a hardware issue. Tried a long format on one of my flash drives and no go as well.

Are you using a Windows computer(s) and, in Windows, do you click the icon to “safely eject” the flash drive before removing it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Paul_from_Gilroy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=Paul_from_Gilroy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.