main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2642 7 years ago

I read about the subway fix and it seems that my storage will need to have it as well. When the ball gets stored in the storage, sometimes a new ball is being launched up from the storage hole, sometimes a new ball is launched to the shooter lane.

My shooter lane has the pinball universe plastic protector. I wonder if its the culprit for the plunger occasionally launching two balls to the shooter lane? I did not see this issue mentioned in the "list of issues" included in the start of this thread.

Any help for the 2 balls launched to the shooter lane would be much appreciated! Thanks!

#2644 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

That happened to me a long time ago. The ball was not making the shooter lane switch consistently and fast enough. I physically adjusted the switch up and the problem was gone. Prior to that adjustment I was getting 2 balls a lot as if the machine had no idea the ball was in the shooter lane.
The switch is held in place with 1/8" nut driver head screws. The screw heads are really small so you may have to use a needle nose to loosen/tighten.

I think the problem was brought up with the plastic shooter lane protector that I put there as it raises the ball up a bit. I will try to adjust the switch, thanks!

1 week later
#2683 7 years ago

Q1: I am trying to fix the storage issue. Is it correct that when a ball goes into storage and gets launched back on to the game from the hole that at the same time a new ball is launched to the shooter lane - so that there will be two balls in the game then? If not - where lies the problem?

Q2: The previous owner apparently had dropped something to the playfield making two bumps that are bigger than dimples for sure (please have a look at the attachment). I think it would be best to protect them with mylar, but the mylar I put there did not look that nice and I removed it. Is there some much more invisible mylar that I could get from somewhere so that it would not be that noticeable? Any pointers to right direction would be appreciated! Also info on better methods for correction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bumps (resized).JPGBumps (resized).JPG

#2686 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

( Q: Did the screen say Ball Locked?" )

Nope, it did not. I will have to investigate the switches in the subway then, thanks!

1 week later
#2816 7 years ago

I am still having difficulties with the subway/storage. If I have understood correctly, when the storage-light
is lit and the display tells that ball is locked, the ball should stay in the storage and wait for the multiball to
accumulate. However, in my game it may very well happen that ball search kicks in and the subway/storage
kicks the ball back to playfield. Today it in fact kicked both the balls that were supposedly locked in the storage
back to the playfield as a result of the ball search.

I read that the metal wireform should be in the middle of the ramp and I think mine is (I tried to adjust it a bit
by loosening the nut, but with no luck). I have to say I am intimidated by the amount of optos in the subway/
storage - how in earth could one test that beast? In any case, I took some pics, should you notice for example
that something is totally not in its right place or something would be missing etc.

Any further help to solve the matter would be much appreciated. My playfield is at about 6.7 degrees, so a bit steep.

IMG_1476 (resized).JPGIMG_1476 (resized).JPG

IMG_1477 (resized).JPGIMG_1477 (resized).JPG

IMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG

#2823 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I was testing the storage / Ball lock today. This is a bit different than the OP, but you can get a ball kicked out of the subway when it says ball locked on the DMD. If you already have 2 balls in there and its not time for multi-ball, a 3rd ball will fire up the flashing red light on the play field and click a ball out. For me, the game was over as I was on the last ball & lost it. The game followed by clearing the locked balls by shooting out 2 balls after game over so I know there were 2 still in there.
So there can be times when ball lock displays yet kicks a ball out, but it won't be doing a ball-search. That's an issue.
The ball kickout is announced via playfield flashers or the train in the DMD so you if the ball is kicked out you know it was supposed to.
There's one more situation where the ball passes straight through the subway and Ernie says " You're up Kid".
The ball search and ball stuck in the subway is typically related to the ball rocking back and forth in the subway and no where it should be. Alignment of the subway and checking sensors is the best place to start. Some people have modified the plastic under the playfield to resolve the issue. ( modified as in reshaped it with heat as I recall. ) There are posts about it in early on in this topic.

Thanks for the great follow-up - that cleared many of the things that I thought were issues. The plan is to try to test this with a friend during weekend. I am thinking of setting up a camera inside the cabinet to see, what is the problem there vis a vis the ball search kicking in.

#2848 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I was testing the storage / Ball lock today. This is a bit different than the OP, but you can get a ball kicked out of the subway when it says ball locked on the DMD. If you already have 2 balls in there and its not time for multi-ball, a 3rd ball will fire up the flashing red light on the play field and click a ball out. For me, the game was over as I was on the last ball & lost it. The game followed by clearing the locked balls by shooting out 2 balls after game over so I know there were 2 still in there.
So there can be times when ball lock displays yet kicks a ball out, but it won't be doing a ball-search. That's an issue.
The ball kickout is announced via playfield flashers or the train in the DMD so you if the ball is kicked out you know it was supposed to.
There's one more situation where the ball passes straight through the subway and Ernie says " You're up Kid".
The ball search and ball stuck in the subway is typically related to the ball rocking back and forth in the subway and no where it should be. Alignment of the subway and checking sensors is the best place to start. Some people have modified the plastic under the playfield to resolve the issue. ( modified as in reshaped it with heat as I recall. ) There are posts about it in early on in this topic.

We did some testing during weekend. At first we put electric tape in the upper rail (where it reads "14th street") [before the rings leading to subway] and this helped for a while, but then the ball-search kicked in again when the ball went to the subway/storage.

I also noticed one occasion when the ball drained that the pin started to look for the pinball and existed one from the subway. This got me thinking that perhaps there is something wrong actually with the ball-through instead of the storage and that is why it would be launching the balls from the subway when it does not find one in the ballthough?

It seems that usually the machine goes into ball search when the ball is in the subway/storage and "who brought the dog" animation with the running man is displaying.

Difficult to pinpoint the culprit for sure!

3 weeks later
#3078 6 years ago

I still have troubles with the subway storage. Today I manually engaged the subway diverter in my premium with the help of a toothpick and dropped 3 balls to the subway. The switch test did not register any optos. I tried to film the subway from the cabinet and I could not see the balls, so apparently they are sitting in the storage. As none of the optos is working, I am asking for advice - where are the optos connected - I think the best course of action is to check that connector next.

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I still have troubles with the subway storage. Today I manually engaged the subway diverter in my premium with the help of a toothpick and dropped 3 balls to the subway. The switch test did not register any optos. I tried to film the subway from the cabinet and I could not see the balls, so apparently they are sitting in the storage. As none of the optos is working, I am asking for advice - where are the optos connected - I think the best course of action is to check that connector next.

I tried to pull the opto-boards connectors apart to reattach them. When I did not manage to do it, I put the connectors more firmly together. Optos seem after that to work ok. I took power off the coil that moves the ball deflector and engaged the ball diverter in the subway with the help of a toothpick. In test mode I dropped 3 balls to the storage and each opto-light 60-62 light accordingly. Also switch 63 is working fine.

My problem with the storage is that when in game the "storage facility" is lit, the game does not store the balls and submit a new ball to the game from the ballthrough - instead there is a ball search and the result is that the game spits the ball back from the subway/storage hole (the hole where switch 63 is) back onto the playfield.

I had a look at the subway diverter and magnet and they seem to work ok. I have heard that some people have adjusted the diverter to be closer to the magnet as the diverted had not been working properly.

My working theory is that the wire connectors for the opto-switches are not always working properly and that's the reason with all the ball-searches. Have you guys replaced the connectors or removed them altogether by soldering the wires together? Which could be a better connectors to use?

#3087 6 years ago

Well, it looks like I found the reason for the ball-searches at the storage/subway. A broken wire (ground) to connector 15 at node 10.
I will need to investigate, where to buy those tiny new connectors for the wires. Any help in relation to finding correct part is appreciated

GB_Connector15 (resized).JPGGB_Connector15 (resized).JPG

2 years later
#4315 4 years ago

I have problems with slimer not registering hits. I found some info on how to adjust it, but I did not get the hang of it. Especially on where to tie a zip tie, if that is the work-around - or perhaps it was meant for situations where the Slimer was too sensitive? Maybe someone would be willing to give tips based on the pics I have attached here? Thanks for any help on how to adjust the slimer mech to work!
IMG_6749 (resized).JPGIMG_6749 (resized).JPGIMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPG

#4316 4 years ago

This is how I put it together: now it registers fine hits to slimers' sides and back, but not at all front hits... Even when I now move the slimer with hand, it does not register the front hits. I have tried to put the slimer together now four different times, but always the same result.

Some pics of the latest install and a video. Any tips - might some part be broken?

IMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6762 (resized).JPGIMG_6762 (resized).JPGIMG_6764 (resized).JPGIMG_6764 (resized).JPG
#4317 4 years ago

Up!

I discussed the matter one evening with Stern tech and we were unable to find the problem. I even switched node boards 8 and 9 (with dip-switches adjusted) to see if there was something wrong with the node board. There was not. Also the connection from Slimer to node board 8/connector 13 seems to work ok. Apparently its the Slimer-mechanism itself that has the problem. I read that some folks have adjusted the white ball to be in the center, but I think that was for Slimer-mech v1 and not for v2, that I have? Also I am wondering - should the slimer be registering hits from his back? Mine registers hits from Slimer's back and from Slimer's sides, but just not the front hits.

Any help is much appreciated!

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've never had mine apart but I'm guessing the braided silver wire comes in contact with the silver ring and that's what triggers a "hit". If that's so it looks like there is a black washer like thingy next to the white pivot ball that's preventing the cable from touching from a frontal hit. You need to turn that 180 degrees so you get side to side and frontal hits. Again, I don't know what I'm talking about but it's a guess.

Thanks, I will try to turn it!

#4320 4 years ago

Well, no help there. It really seems that the black plastic spacers surrounding the white ball prohibit it from making a contact if hit directly. I noticed in this thread that some folks had drilled new holes and also black zip ties have been used. But it is difficult for me to say, was it a v1 or v2 mechanism.
Any help with people that have solved this would be much appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.