main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Junglist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#873 7 years ago

Had a strange issue yesterday, I think it's likely just a one off but I'm pretty new to the hobby so I figured I'd check with pinside to see if there is something more I should check.

I was playing last night and had a ripping air ball that crashed over towards the newton balls on the left side and near the fire house. Not sure exactly where it went cause as soon as it crashed over there the entire playfield and backlight went dark. The only thing still on was the DMD which was frozen mid-animation for symmetrical book stacking. I turned the machine off and on and it was fine since then. Played another hour or so with no re-occurence.

any ideas? just a one off bug I figure? All in all I love the game and think its fantastic (GB PRO)...

1 week later
#928 7 years ago

Question regarding the GB Pro Left Ramp Diverter - I'm trying to dial in the adjustment so that it 1) always engages when triggered and 2) doesn't make the ball bounce off the ramp's plastic corner above the storage factory when disengaged. My concern is that it will start to eventually cause cracking in the plastic after repeated impacts. Does anyone else find the ball "nicks" the plastic on the way down to the flippers, or is it always a nice smooth run? Looking at the diverter silver metal plate that runs parallel with the ramp side I can see its not completely flush when disengaged.

I've tried moving the adjustment screw, but it seems to always be a sacrifice between the two above issues. Alternately I'm thinking I could try to bend the silver metal plate or some other piece to make it more flush but that makes me nervous as I don't want to cause anything to get worse. In reality its not really that bad, but I'm just concerned over the lifetime of the pin it could cause cracking which may be easily preventable. If I should bend something, which is the best part to bend as it's a tricky part to gain access to.

Thanks!

IMG_20160729_134730830_(resized).jpgIMG_20160729_134730830_(resized).jpg

#995 7 years ago

When trying to fix the fact that a hard direct shot on the scoleris never drops them, setting flippers on soft is better? What exactly does this do? Does it change the ability to get up the ramps at all?

2 weeks later
#1167 7 years ago

so I waited to install a shooter lane protector and now I'm seeing the result.. I have a bit of clear bubbling where the ball kicks into the shooter lane (around 1000 plays). I want to get the cliffy shooter lane stuff but want to know if i should just go ahead and install right on top of the bubble or should I prep it in some way? Does anyone have links to a full shooter lane kit that is compatible with Ghostbusters? I can only find these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4130

Also I have somy Mylar I want to apply but should i apply it to the lane and trim it prior to the right side protector? Or should i let it go over the bubble under the right side protector? Effectively the right side protector would smoosh it down on top of the bubble...

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#1281 7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes during gameplay pressing both flippers at the same time results in the lower playfield GI lights to go off? and then as soon as you release they come back on. (both at the same time). Then everything goes back to normal and it won't happen again and I have no idea what exact circumstances make it happen. Just noticed it more than once. Perhaps normal? Bug?

#1283 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It could be a bad node board.

Ya hopefully not, played a bunch last night and it didn't happen once so I'll just chalk it up to fluke/glitch for now. Is there a way to run a diagnostic against the node boards themselves?

1 week later
#1300 7 years ago

On the pro does anyone else find a left ramp objective can be triggered by a really clean right ramp shot that goes to the top? Seems like a bug although I'm not complaining

For example "we got one" or sfmb can trigger from a fast clean right ramp shot. When SFMB did it, it was pretty cool.

1 month later
#1514 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can somebody post a pic of their finished cliffy shooter Lane?

I used the cliffy although I just mounted to one of the headless bolts on the left side. Also the left side protector shape prevented a perfect alignment with the lane but it does the job.

IMG_20160908_210141435_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20160908_210141435_HDR (resized).jpg

#1549 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

if you have luck it will not continue

Does anyone have ghosting that occurred and then basically stopped at a certain point? How long has it been since it started and hasn't progressed? Or does this always get worse?

2 weeks later
#1695 7 years ago

Anyone have any tips for getting a back box bolt to thread? My Ghostbusters has only one bolt in currently as I can't for the life of me get it to thread cleanly on the right side. If I drop the back box it threads fine but when in the up right position it always binds up. It's home use so I've just been using one bolt but would be nice to get it secured properly so any tips are appreciated.

Only thing I've thought of is sanding out the hole in the cabinet to get a better angle but that seems a bit excessive.

#1697 7 years ago

Rookie question and also I don't have my machine handy, where are the internal holes? Do they take the same size bolts?

#1712 7 years ago

Quick question, when my kid plays he likes the double flipper technique (he's four). Sometimes the lighting by the slings goes out like a short or something when he does this. It happens on both sides all at once. I can occasionally reproduce it but not easily. I reseated the bulbs under the sling covers and checked under the playfield but everything looks good. Any guesses anyone?

I may try to make a video.. I'm hoping I can just not worry as it doesn't last more than a split second and is hard to make happen. just want to avoid any permanent issues that this could be a symptom of.

Thanks

1 week later
#1853 7 years ago

Have many people have tried the spring coil adjustment to improve the scoleri bros dropping? It seems that it's a nice easy fix I'm just wondering if long term it could cause the target or shelf to snap/break? If you did it, how many loops did you move up? I'm thinking 10 rings is a good start - did it make a big difference if you tried it? I'd say hard shots are about a 65% rejection currently.

#1920 7 years ago

Update - did the spring adjustment and only had one brick after playing maybe 10+ games (trying a bit to nail those bastards!). Seems better. I did 10 loops, could probably have gone up to 15 maybe? Really easy to do, thank's for everyone's help. It really makes a big difference in SFMB as that was when the heavy bricks were really noticeable.

I also adjusted the targets to sit more flush and the back does sit maybe a hair lower than the PF but I hope it will be fine, I'm concerned it could start to wear but I think its minimal risk.

Running 1.11 and haven't had any issues relating to code - game seems more open now, even the wife commented its more fun. Disabled the mode time out, but kept the mode continue settings - love it.

6 months later
#3308 6 years ago
Quoted from Fitzhume:

Has anyone else had to adjust the divider space to get a continuous ball drop in the storage facility and also see the ball glance off the fork/divide on that ramp?

Ya I tweaked this a bit, there's a screw that can adjust how far out the diverter sits, and then I bent it carefully to make it sit flush (as possible) when not engaged. Put the table up on the service legs/rods and you can get at the screw easily.

#3320 6 years ago

One issue I get on my GB Pro is occasionally I'll hit the right ramp with a nice fast clean shot, it almost must get lift so it clears the first switch (my theory). This results in me getting awarded for something but often not the initial target I'm trying to make. For example, in spook central I'll make the shot and get rewarded ghosts, but the white arrow stays lit after it rolls to the flipper.

Basically a fix is needed so that it can more accurately determine a correct made right ramp shot on the pro based on any of the switches. It's a real pain in the ass shot, so to have it go unrewarded at clutch times really sucks!

#3348 6 years ago

As an update, I had ghosting start on my storage facility in October and it hasn't progressed. So for those of you with ghosting hopefully that is promising.

October: IMG_20161029_105646956 (resized).jpgIMG_20161029_105646956 (resized).jpg

April:IMG_20170401_240906193 (resized).jpgIMG_20170401_240906193 (resized).jpg

Probably around 3500 plays

2 years later
#4334 4 years ago

Looking for some assistance with my GB Pro. When it's been recently powered up, the first few games the flippers lose power and drop dead when double flipped (hitting both flippers at once), lower playfield lights cut out as well. Single flips seem to be just fine. When the flippers lose power the lower lighting (I assume on the associated node) goes dark as well. They come back within a second and the lights strobe briefly as if it's just been booted up. After being powered on a few minutes, it seems that the issue goes away. I've tried re-seating some wires and connectors but without any improvement.

I have the capacitor on the Node 8 board from sterns service bulletin in place - not sure if that's relevant.

Here's a video of it occurring -

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

This sounds like the flasher above the Library scoop is shorting out against the metal ball guide. Lift the plastic to get to the flasher board and put some electric tape over the led board.

I did this a long time ago based on the Stern service bulletin with a strip of mylar. I'll check it out again in case it's come off or something, but I think since it only occurs when the machine is cold it's likely something else... Thanks for the tips though!

#4339 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and post their Node board version numbers from a GB Pro on code version 1.17. I want to confirm my values:

CPU - 1.0.3
CAB - 0.52.0
Node8 - 0.52.0
Node9 - 0.52.0

Thanks!

1 year later
#4476 3 years ago

Just added a trough light (10LED strip) to my GB pro and seems fine - however I noticed a couple times now after a cold boot it says "restarting game" during boot and then comes up normally. I'm not thinking it's anything too serious just figured I'd see if anyone has seen that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 55.00
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Junglist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=Junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.