main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 7 years ago

I have an issue with my flippers, its more noticeable on the left flipper when i hold it up from the ball coming down quickly from the orbit, and sometimes i get it on my right flipper when it fires the ball out of the scoop. basically when it gets hit at high enough speed and ive held it, the flipper flips very slightly and springboards the ball back up the playfield.

Here is a short video of what is happening on my GB Pro.

Ive had my distributor/tech guy come take a look yesterday and he didnt immediately see any issues with the EOS. He was in talks with Stern about this since he looked at mine and mentioned a software update stern was working on, version 1.03 (if i recall correctly), but hes tied up for the weekend at an expo and I probably wont get any answers until next week. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

#61 7 years ago

Im not entirely sure what i am experiencing is a software issue, though its possible the code controls the hold power at a certain level for so many seconds or half seconds or whatever and then reduces it, since if you were actually just cradling a ball, you would need little power for that. I will experiment a bit tonight, since my nature of playing is if i know a ball is coming around the orbit, i typically have my flipper ready and held for when it comes. Its possible i am holding for too long and the hold power has been reduced at the point the ball makes contact with it. When i'm simply batting the ball around and in heavy play/multi ball, i dont really notice any flipper issues, since ive got the flippers going constantly.

#85 7 years ago

My distributor said they've noticed similar hold problems on a couple of their games they've been showing at the Calgary Expo this weekend.. definitely sounds like software now.

#181 7 years ago

My left drop got hit and twisted a tiny bit last night and wouldn't drop back down. i had to take the glass off and poke it a few times, then it dropped ok and was fine for the rest of the night. The bricking on the drops is kind of annoying now, i have to think strategically when they pop up, i know i don't want to nail them hard, so i either graze them, or hit softly to deal with that. During multi ball is a completely different thing, where its just nuts, and theres lots of opportunities for them to get hit from weird bounces or whatever.

Slimer is working a little better, but its clear you need a very good direct hit to register, the sort of hit where most of the time the ball will hit him and continue through up into the pops, that sort of shot is pretty much guaranteed to set him off. if i graze him or sort of bump into him, he usually doesn't register. I believe he works similar to a tilt bob.

no other issues to report. A lot less airballs when i played last night.

#191 7 years ago

I installed the 1.04 code tonight. It fixed my flipper spring boarding issue! also noticed that it seems easier to rack up multipliers, maybe more so from being awarded more often in the pop bumpers? I also noticed that once I got storage facility lit, I could shoot the ramp once and it would acknowledge the storage facility once (virtual ball lock#1) , but then I have to light storage facility again through either hitting the captive balls, or as a random award from the pop bumpers to keep it going. I could no longer just shoot the ramp 3 times to start the Storage facility multi ball. The bonus Hold seems to be a thing now as well. Also noticed Extra ball getting lit at 50 ghost captures, so that's kinda nice. All in all, it seems easier to get a respectable score, but a lot harder to get a CRAZY score. I'll have to play it a bit more and see what else jumps out at me, but the flipper fix alone was enough for me to be happy.

Update took about 10-15 minutes

#194 7 years ago

has anyone else with 1.04 code noticed getting Storage Facility is a bit different now? No longer can do it with 3 left ramp shots when it is first lit like with 1.0. I haven't had enough time with the new code yet to discover everything, but that was one thing i noticed, or maybe i am missing something...

Basically hit the left captive balls a few times to light Storage Facility, hit the left ramp shot, and then have to do the left captive balls to light Storage Facility again. Does this sound right? I didnt actually get far enough in to get the Storage Facility going again on 1.04. Hope to take a closer look tonight.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I noticed that in the LE video. Now it looks like you may have to qualify each ball. No more three ramp shots to multiball. For better or worse.

I'm ok with that, if thats the way it works now. I dont think there was a description of this rule adjustment in the Change Log they released.

#200 7 years ago

Yeah, im not really sure how it is working now. Lastnight I managed to hit the captive 3 balls a few times and storage facility was lit continuously until i could shoot the left ramp 3 times. Other times, maybe if I was awarded the Storage Facility (i usually wouldnt notice how it got lit) from the pop bumpers, it seemed to go away after one ramp shot. I haven't nailed down exactly how it works now, but It is definitely harder to get than how i was doing it before. not complaining, but rather just trying to figure out exactly how the rule changed so I can adjust my playing.

#201 7 years ago

My other observation is that it seems much easier to collect ghosts now, and the multipliers seem to be more plentiful. Also, better jackpots that dont seem like cheap points.

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

GB Pro running 1.04 code.
Current diagnostic errors: Check switch #11 Ecto Goggles Target. Check switch #65 Right Ramp Exit.
Any suggestions?

Yup, i have the exact same errors. It was worse before 1.04..... I think i had 42 errors, all for non existent switches.

#420 7 years ago

So me being a total noob when it comes to NIB experience with Stern, since Ghostbusters is my first... If they make a change, for example to the rails along the symmetric book stacking captive ball unit to stronger material, or to some parts in the Slimer mech, do i as a buyer whos already received their unit able to get these parts free of charge, or am i SOL for being an early adopter?

For the most part, the only real issue ive had is slight bending of that rail by book stacking, other than that, Slimer seems to register hits ok, maybe once in a while goes off from the shaker or strong nudge maybe.

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Bending already how did adding a ball work for anyone that has? Please post or pm me

Mine was beginning to bend, but not bad enough to not register/get stuck. I added a 2nd ball anyway almost 2 weeks ago and we've played lots since with no issues. I've had the game since April 25.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I do have a pretty big dent(?) in my playfield from an airball in front of the Terror Dog drop target. Kind of makes the ball wobble a little if it is going slowly. I guess that is just a normal part of the playfield getting broken in but it kind of sucks a little.

you will have a boatload of little dimples after 50-100 games. as you go on longer they'll all even out. I was panicking a little when i first noticed this, since I am a first time NIB buyer. ive been told now over and over, its normal.

#629 7 years ago

I have the extra ball fix for the book stacking. the guide has a slight curve to it from prior, but it has not progressed (at least that i have noticed) since i added the extra ball.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

...and after updating, both of my tech alerts about switches are gone. Neat.

I believe the two alerts were the Ecto Goggles switch and right ramp exit? I had the same two on mine after the 1.04 update. before that there were over 40 alerts!

1 month later
#798 7 years ago

I've noticed on my pro now, every so often (1 out 5 times) when I get a left ramp shot that the diverter kicks down into the storage facility eject, when the ball lands in the hole, sometimes it'll wobble out of the hole before the kicker knocks it out. not sure if maybe my table just needs levelling again, or of something in the process of the ball making its way down there is happening too fast and it doesn't settle nice in the eject hole. will keep an eye on it. I always felt like maybe that hole needs a piece of mylar in a few places, seems to be a bit of bare wood exposed that could break down over time.

3 weeks later
#987 7 years ago

here is the Storage Facility insert on my GB Pro. You can feel a tiny ridge where the clear coat is cracked. sent an email off to Stern this morning, still waiting to hear back. Originally you could not feel any ridge where the ghosting was appearing when i first noticed it. If your game has ghosting and hasnt already done this, it probably will eventually. My game/playfield was built back in April.

My distributor simply said clean the area up and put a strip of mylar over the ridge so it doesnt break down any further. I havent done anything yet, waiting to see what Stern says.

Ghosting_(resized).jpgGhosting_(resized).jpg

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is the insert sinking?

i dont really know what its doing. the rest of the insert seems fine, the original white spots had not grown since i first noticed them, its just along that edge, like there was some air between the edge of the insert and the clear and now with some wear and tear its broken out the clear coat. My concern now is saving the spot along that edge where the clear is very finely cracked.

1 month later
#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

On the pro does anyone else find a left ramp objective can be triggered by a really clean right ramp shot that goes to the top? Seems like a bug although I'm not complaining
For example "we got one" or sfmb can trigger from a fast clean right ramp shot. When SFMB did it, it was pretty cool.

I think i've noticed this too, definitely had it happen once or twice to trigger storage facility multiball on a really nice right ramp shot.

2 weeks later
#1390 7 years ago

has anyone had to order the new updated slimer mech replacement for the Pro know what they're roughly selling for? Id like to swap mine out, but apparently I need to send the old one back first. i'm not a big fan of taking my game out of commission for 2 weeks or whatever it ends up being because of slow mail/deliveries/shipping departments.. so I'm thinking of just outright buying the new mech to avoid all the annoying shipping stuff, but if its worth crazy money I'll just deal with the wait time.

3 months later
#2450 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Anymore replacement playfield swaps happening?

had my pro swapped on the weekend. only 55 games in or so, drain and inserts good so far (not out of the woods yet), but had some clear chip out of the right eject area yesterday.

picture here on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/110#post-3586411

also, my replacement playfield date is unreadable. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/17#post-3580766

#2454 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah apparently when they use an older PF with the misspelling for a swap they then "smudge" the date on it so the customer won't know it's an older PF (with the same potential problems).
Don't know why they do this... just seems kinda shady. If they are determined to use up the earlier batch of PF's - then leave the date alone. Why make it seem sinister?

That's what I don't get. If they think their customers are smart enough to at least look at the date in the first place, don't they think the customer might be a little suspicious when they see its all smudged out? correct me if i'm wrong, but the only people that care about the dates are the pinball geeks like us.

#2455 7 years ago

Can we confirm that the Pro playfields did get the spelling corrected at some point? And if so, what time period did they begin appearing? Another collector told me last night that they never corrected it.

2 weeks later
#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The switch on my right orbit/Ecto lane doesn't register about 40% of the time, especially if I'm hitting it hard and fast. I've tried bending it, but I bent it so far it would close just but getting it screwed back in. I bent it back a little, but it's back to the 40% failure rate.
Any ideas?

I noticed this with my replacement playfield a few times, but never had the issue with the original. I havent looked at the switch yet, as it hasn't been happening enough to make it annoying... but yeah, a really hard shot around that right orbit and it'll sort of float over the switch sometimes. you might want to check the pitch of your game, if it's too low it might happen more often maybe?

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Should the drop brother drop targets drop hit from any direction or just when hit from the front?

From the front typically, sometimes a hit from the side or back can knock them down if the ball is spinning right, at least in my experience on my own game. If they have the factory springs in them, they can be hard to get down, and sometimes take a very gentle hit versus a hard direct hit, which will often send it flying back at you. I swapped my springs out at one point with the set from pinball life, and they eventually were too sensitive, to the point the targets would pop up and go back down immediately. I ended up stretching them out a bit and they were pretty good after that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 49.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.