main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Also just like the Walking dead, when the ball is coming from the pop bumpers if it does not hit the wire form, it will drain every damn time.

Wire form? Where?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

My one complaint also is the balls jumping the inlane rails and ending the ball.
Seems like if the rails were slightly higher it would help... but doubt that is going to change and it could introduce other issues...
What about something that is an aftermarket add-on using readily available screws... something like the below?
GB-InlaneToOutlaneFix_(resized).png

Good suggestion, but I would think a plastic solution might be easier.

On the left side I have (poorly) drawn out a plastic shape that could be made. This could be mounted using 2 male / female hex post that would be included with the plastics and put on the existing posts that are holding the purple and blue plastic. So just imagine that shape of clear plastic mounted 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" or more above the standard ball guide. I don't really know how high you would want it, but experimenting and swapping out hex post would be easy enough until you figured out the best height mounting posts.

The plastic being shaped this way would be narrow and extended up from the mounting area a bit, but I would think if plastic protector grade plastic were used it would be stiff and sturdy enough to stay up and also strong enough to not break. The plastic would also NOT need to only be wire width thick at the top. If it needs to be wider for durability purposes....it could always be made wider (going a bit over the outlane). It is clear plastic so it shouldn't obstruct the view even if the plastic stayed the same width all the way up.

If need be, the plastic could also extend up and mount above the outlane entrance (as the wire idea was drawn) if you could get the height of the upper mounting point (on the star post I'm guessing) to line up with the plastic mounting height. A person would probably want to look into the PRO and Premium differences, but I would think a single type plastic could be cut to accommodate both. From the pictures I have seen they look identical as far as this goes.

I'm also not sure what area folks are getting the hopping...so maybe the plastic wouldn't even need to go up to the tip of the wire guides. Maybe just a little up past the wire curve would do???

PS: If anyone makes these...I want a free set.

ball_bounce_blocker_(resized).jpgball_bounce_blocker_(resized).jpg

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yes this happened to me at the Amusement expo in Vegas playing doubles.

Many games will do that if a spinner is rotated and registering as closed.

2 weeks later
#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

may lift the playfield around the hole

I think you answered the question right there as to why everyone isn't doing this fix.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

You seem to have ignored the rest of my post where I point out only to tap the bar through a little and only quoted the part where I say what might happen if you don't be careful and only tap through a little

If they are reading this thread I will assume they read you post earlier in it's entirety. My quote was just to point out the scary stuff that is the reason why many people might not want to take hammer to playfield on a new game.

My point is some users don't want to try a fix that has even the slightest chance of messing up their game they just pulled out of the box. It shouldn't have been an issue in the first place and many don't want to put their neck on the line hoping they don't mess it up even worse.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Just got my GB today and if I'm reading the posts above correctly, it appears that I have the new Slimer.
Put an extra ball in the captive ball track next to the ghost target and I'm about to fire up my first game.

Good for you that you got a revised one. It's good to know Stern is willing to look into correcting their design errors.

That being said, that might be the jankiest looking hack I have ever seen on a factory game. Cripes! People were complaining about what that cover looked like before. I think it's more important for a game to work right than look right, but couldn't they do better than that??? If my game arrived like that I would really be hoping someone comes up for a mod to cover that area. I didn't mind the plain black cover before myself, but this....this needs covered up.

7 months later
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Apparently so , so heads modders.
Just a little extra bling can crash the machine.

Sorry to hear you had an issue and it's good that you got the culprit discovered, but Hey! no need to throw all mods under the bus because of it.

I have sold 100s of Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE games and 0 reports of any electrical or game related issues from them. If someone else makes a mod that is causing issues (or maybe it was just something wired incorrectly or went wrong with that one mod you received) it is no reason to make it seem like an issue with other mods.

I would contact whoever you got the mod from to let them know and try to see if it was a one time issue or possibly something just with the one you received or your game specifically for some reason.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DugFreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=DugFreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.