main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Opening post with OP's index of topics Posted by exflexer (8 years ago)

Post #11 Photos of original slimer design Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Post #426 Images showing the redesigned Slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #430 Pro manual updated to reflect the new slimer mech Posted by kpg (7 years ago)

Post #528 Photos of the Pinball Universe kit installed on GB Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #565 Link to Pinball Universe Upgrade kit (Germany) Posted by sirlonzelot (7 years ago)

Post #630 GB 1.05 code posted and readme details! Posted by PinB (7 years ago)

Post #662 Link to Pinballlife's alt springs for the Scoleri brothers targets Posted by exflexer (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Delta9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1650 7 years ago

Ive got one little problem on my le was hoping sombody can help me fix this when i go to drop the playfeild down its not easy the L brackets arnt lined up perfectly i can give it a little muscle and it will drop in but none of my other sterns are like this and its not right whats the tip on lining things up ? I looked and don't really see any adjustments what am I missing?

#1675 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I thought about slipping a piece or rubber tubing over the rail, but it won't give me enough gap reduction. I need around 5/16" of reduction to effectively limit the gap. Tubing doesn't fill enough of it. A rubber ring would close the gap more, but I would want height along with length.
Additional height over and above the 3/4 in. that the rail measures will come out to about 1 inch total height and will help the jump-over a bit.
I don't want to eliminate the drain, just limit its opening and raise the height. Rail seems to make the most sense.
Worst case, it doesn't work and I have put holes in the playfield, small ones anyway. I'm willing to roll the dice on this one.

Tap your rails up a 1/4 of an inch and learn how to nudge = play better

1 week later
#1841 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

After. Was unaware of the issue. It seems the machine has so many problems that I can't keep up with it. They will supply all the parts I just need to pay the tech. That's the way it goes. All my other Sterns have been fine and I go back to LOTR. I will most likely cancel my batman66 LE or sell it. Not sure yet.

Put the parts on yourself its not that hard everybody on here will help save your doe

#1883 7 years ago

I keep getting airballs off the left ramp anybody have the fix

#1893 7 years ago
Quoted from PinScott:

The metal flap that is riveted to the ramp appears to be thicker than that on the right ramp and for sure isn't the blue steel found on older machines.
I am running a small experiment where I added a small piece of Mylar, about 1.25" long, to serve as a transition between this metal flap and the playfield. It doesn't cover any of the inserts and is almost impossible to see (although not sure how long that will last).
I did this late last night it seems to have made a difference, either that or all of my ramp shots were dead on perfect
After doing this, it occurred to me that perhaps the front of the ramp could be drawn tighter to the playfield. Below the playfield are two nuts for the front of the ramp, which were tightened. However, I think the Mylar had a bigger effect.

Good info i tighten my ramp really tight tonight and pu a little peice of mylar down huge difference no more airballs

#1953 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Popular reported issue with the PBL springs is machine-gunning. The targets can't get up so they try over and over sounding like a machine gun. I bought the PBL springs, but after reading about the behavior, I decided to adjust the stock spring 1st and that worked fine for me.

I have pbl springs on a pro and a le no machine gun works perfectly

#1966 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yeah, I've been making a few tweaks to see if I can lessen the airballs, but haven't had much time to play yet to see if it works out. I apparently had one airball hit the side of the ecto goggles mirror hard enough to knock it crooked. Opened the glass and I couldn't push it back by hand, had to unscrew it and re position it. Luckily it has adjustable slots, but that is probably why it moved.
I really think most of the airballs are due to the targets being to flimsy (they bend and allow the ball to go airborn) and also to the flippers being to powerful. I still get airballs from just good shots up the ramp. They launch right off the ramp after the airball protector. I am probably going to try and build a guard for the ramp...

Try lifting your playfeild up and tighten down the front of your ramp this simply fix stoped my airballs from flying off the ramp

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yep did they yesterday and seemed to help (I bent the ramp flap down some too before tightening).

You can also put down a slime sticker on the metal ramp this slows the ball down just enough to make the ramp shot smoother

#1975 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I'm glad to hear it ! I have the springs I might try them. There were lots of people with issues so I played it safe for fear of breaking the lip off of a drop target.

If you have the springs put them in takes 1 min for both springs its that easy then you dont get the crazy airballs.plus your more prone to break a drop target with sterns stock springs

#1982 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I made a new airball protector today. I played a few games on it tonight and it worked perfectly. I have a second one that I made. I'll scan it in if anyone wants to make their own.

Id make one

3 weeks later
#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Now that I have determined that one added led light strip is enough to crash my GB how am I supposed to add speaker lights or anything else for that matter ? I suspect the same thing will happen.
This can't be normal , is it?
How are you Premium owners adding mods and not having issues ?

I have so many light mods on my le no problems at all

#2221 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

None here either.....bunches of strips and such added.....

Im pretty sure hes got some other issues going on not sure what ? My guess is a bad node board or pcb board

#2228 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ya probably so,
But when the strip is disconnected the problem completely goes away.
Maybe I can get Chas to send me one .

Im sure chas will call today

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hey GB guys ... without me wading through 48 pages, has anyone's else's GB Pro been rebooting in the middle of a game?
rd

Bug in the latest code

#2272 7 years ago

I bent my slimmer up no but drag

3 months later
#3006 7 years ago

Is their a fix for the ball hitting staypuft ? Sometimes ball launches perfectly other times it hits him and dribbles down

#3038 7 years ago

Thanks everybody for the gate removal trick my gble is playing really good know

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Hey all, just picked up a GBle and I noticed that when slimmer is activated, before coming down he is hitting the buildings on top of the pop bumpers. It's as if the cable holding him is too long.
Anyone else experience this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/19#post-3277981

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Delta9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread?tu=Delta9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.