main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.
#4501 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Maybe try a drop of high quality synthetic lubricant on the exposed motor bearing and gearbox output shaft. However, that may not work if the problem is inside the gearbox.

Can try to see if their is no metal on metal between the arbor and the plate. See image from marco. Can always adjust, as I believe their is a set screw.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from bng73:

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

I did. Replaced the electric motor. It was worn out. Cost me about $60.

#4503 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

So you have a loud metal on metal noise? Is your plastic washer on the upper arm broken perhaps, causing some binding.

Thanks. It was the motor.

1 month later
#4504 1 year ago

Hey folks - this game has been very stable, but, I just ran into an issue..I'm not sure what it's related to , but hoping to identify.

Seems a part fell within the game/box during a recent gaming. Any idea where this should be or how to replace part? It appears to be broken.

IMG_0416 (resized).jpgIMG_0416 (resized).jpgIMG_0419 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_0419 (2) (resized).jpg
#4505 1 year ago

End-of-stroke switch actuator from a flipper mech. It's not strictly necessary. These days flipper power is managed by software. The EOS switch just helps a held flipper recover from being knocked down by a fast ball. You "should" replace it, but no rush. Looks like it's from the right side.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-right-flipper-pawl-eos-switch-actuator.html

#4506 1 year ago

Or this one: They are different on the left and right flipper mech. Check to see which flipper mech is missing before ordering.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-left-flipper-pawl-eos-switch-actuator.html

They are only needed to detect when the flipper bat is pushed back down by a ball. When the switch opens, the software will resume full power to keep the bat up.

3 months later
#4507 1 year ago
Quoted from jaystile:

Success! I finally have slimer rotating back and forth. I had the opto board off and was testing it with my multimeter to check that the optos were triggering and they were. I reinstalled it and went into switch test mode. Chas says he usually tests the opto with a coin, so I thought I would try that instead of my poker chip. Anyway, I was getting no response to the coin, so I tried a couple of other switches to make sure I could test an opto switch. I dropped a Scoleri brothers target and it triggered. Then when I was moving the opto board around it triggered! I was shocked. It then started responding to the coin test. Long story short, make sure all your wires are firmly seated in the molex connector! (I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out) Thank you, everyone for your advise and assistance. Hopefully, this will prove useful to someone else.
While the end solution did not ultimately come from Chas at Stern or Trent from Tilt Amusements, they both were very supportive and gave me a lot of things to try. Now, I have to send back all those extra parts Chas sent me. The next step was that they were going to send a tech out to look at it.

I have reseated my connectors, tried another Node 8 board, tried another motor board, but no change. My opto board seems to work in test by putting a business card in it, but the OP mentions a poker chip vs coin. Any difference if I use a business card? The opto board is not made, so I can't replace it, but I can try to shot gun all the 3 opto's and 3 transistors. I get a reading on the DMD of 0,then -1 flickering, but no gradual increase or decrease numbers of the slimer moving left or right. It get stuck all the way in the left position and even tries to move further and the belt jumps. What is this issue? I have emailed Stern support, but no correct solution.

3 months later
#4508 1 year ago

I didn’t see this issue on the keyed posts on the first page so sorry if this has been covered.

I have having issues with Scoleri Brothers jumping up repeatedly while in the down position. Once you start a game, they just so slightly jump up every few seconds when they are supposed to just be down. I reseated the board and seemed to work fine for a few games and then it just goes back to jumping. I have bought new boards and replaced those as well and they will work good for awhile and then go back to jumping.

Do I have a bad connection here?

#4509 1 year ago

Hi All,

I've got GB LE and it's always worked great. I was hosting my league tonight and it was reported that the "ghost" switch doesn't register.
So I checked it out and it wasn't working in test and I also noted that the center captive ball switch and left ramp upper switch isn't registering.
They all seem to be on Node 9. and CN12.
I went over all the switches on the game looking for broken wires etc, tugging on them to make sure the connection is solid. Those three were definitely solid. Switches looked to be adjusted fine.
I tried re-seating all the connections on the node boards under the playfield. Still no results.
I'm not sure what to check or do next? Has anybody has switches just drop like this out of nowhere? Game wasn't moved or anything was just normal play.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Hi All,
I've got GB LE and it's always worked great. I was hosting my league tonight and it was reported that the "ghost" switch doesn't register.
So I checked it out and it wasn't working in test and I also noted that the center captive ball switch and left ramp upper switch isn't registering.
I went over all the switches on the game looking for broken wires etc, tugging on them to make sure the connection is solid. Those three were definitely solid. Switches looked to be adjusted fine.
I tried re-seating all the connections on the node boards under the playfield. Still no results.
I'm not sure what to check or do next? Has anybody has switches just drop like this out of nowhere? Game wasn't moved or anything was just normal play.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Swap Node board 8 and Node board 9, (record the dip switch setting 1st) see if the problems follow the board or not. Make sure to set the dip switch settings.

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Swap Node board 8 and Node board 9, (record the dip switch setting 1st) see if the problems follow the board or not. Make sure to set the dip switch settings.

Okay and if it does then is my node board trashed?

#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Hi All,
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Not sure but have you done theses Service Bulletins?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

GB flasher may cause issues with the node boards.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB188.pdf

more of a FYI... if you need to purchase a new node board
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

Your LE would have been built before all these service bulletins

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Not sure but have you done theses Service Bulletins?
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
GB flasher may cause issues with the node boards.
more of a FYI... if you need to purchase a new node board
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf
Your LE would have been built before all these service bulletins

Looking at the game it appears these updates were done. The capacitors for sure.

#4514 1 year ago

Follow up post.
It was one of the daisy chained ground wires broken off. I feel like a rook bc I didnt see it bc it was coiled back around the harness once it broke free.
Soldered it back on and got all my switches back.
Thx for the suggestions guys.

#4515 1 year ago

Reposting for help

I didn’t see this issue on the keyed posts on the first page so sorry if this has been covered.
I have having issues with Scoleri Brothers jumping up repeatedly while in the down position. Once you start a game, they just so slightly jump up every few seconds when they are supposed to just be down. I reseated the board and seemed to work fine for a few games and then it just goes back to jumping. I have bought new boards and replaced those as well and they will work good for awhile and then go back to jumping.

#4516 1 year ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Follow up post.
It was one of the daisy chained ground wires broken off. I feel like a rook bc I didnt see it bc it was coiled back around the harness once it broke free.
Soldered it back on and got all my switches back.
Thx for the suggestions guys.

Nice troubleshooting! And the update.

#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Reposting for help

Are you sure the targets are not worn? Read this for a reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoleri-brothers-targets-issue-ghostbusters

#4518 1 year ago

No, its not having an issue like that. When you start a game, the target is jumping up just so slightly and it keeps doing it for the entire game when they are supposed to be down.

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

No, its not having an issue like that. When you start a game, the target is jumping up just so slightly and it keeps doing it for the entire game when they are supposed to be down.

I would look at all the connector pins, look for loose or potentially broken or weak pins. Wiggle on them, see if any just pull out or break. Kinda seems like whats happening here, Unstable ground or Voltage line.

#4520 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Look at your connectors for loose/broken pins on the input/ground pins. Also clean your opto. Is the Target sitting correcty at the home position or falling into the opto? Kinda need a video here from the topside and the bottom.

gbscoleri (resized).jpggbscoleri (resized).jpg

#4521 1 year ago

Have any other ghostbusters premium owners had this issue or thoughts on resolution?
The machine no longer powers up - all boards are lit but no lights, screen or sound. I wasnt present when the issue occurred but I found a ball in the left scoop which leads me to believe that this event caused the issue. The 5V indicator on the main board is out. When starting the machine with disconnected RJ45 connectors, same issue - the 5v indicator remains off. I also tried reseating battery and SD card. My distributor contacted stern and said the main board needed to be replaced but its extremely back ordered.

#4522 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Have any other ghostbusters premium owners had this issue or thoughts on resolution?
The machine no longer powers up - all boards are lit but no lights, screen or sound. I wasnt present when the issue occurred but I found a ball in the left scoop which leads me to believe that this event caused the issue. The 5V indicator on the main board is out. When starting the machine with disconnected RJ45 connectors, same issue - the 5v indicator remains off. I also tried reseating battery and SD card. My distributor contacted stern and said the main board needed to be replaced but its extremely back ordered.

Has the left scoop flasher been protected per Sterns service bulletin? No idea if that's what ultimatley caused your issue but you might as well check so you don't blow your replacement board, if that was in fact the culprit.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Has the left scoop flasher been protected per Sterns service bulletin? No idea if that's what ultimatley caused your issue but you might as well check so you don't blow your replacement board, if that was in fact the culprit.

I’ll check that out- thanks!

#4524 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

I’ll check that out- thanks!

Seems like something there but not as pictured in service bulletin

2AA4CC2C-494F-4D79-B26C-9B00E351CBFC (resized).jpeg2AA4CC2C-494F-4D79-B26C-9B00E351CBFC (resized).jpeg80DE9473-B0FF-4CEE-B8B5-54B04DF2F38B (resized).jpeg80DE9473-B0FF-4CEE-B8B5-54B04DF2F38B (resized).jpeg
#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

[quoted image][quoted image]

still looks like it serves the same purpose. The original released game - the contacts shorted out on the mech

#4526 1 year ago
Quoted from rwh143:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, fish paper as insulator

2 weeks later
#4527 1 year ago

An FYI for the group in case someone has the same issue. I purchased a GB Pro a month back. It played beautifully for the first twenty games or so but shortly after the auto-plunger produced a weaker and weaker shot. Eventually the auto-plunger wasn't sending the ball up the ramp to the playfield, it was stuck in the shooter lane. The fix, after replacing the coil and tweaking the forks which did not resolve the issue, turned out to be a dry field. I used the Blitz Carnuba Wax and afterward had to turn down the auto-plunger's intensity because it was coming in so hot to the playfield. Just a friendly note.

4 weeks later
#4528 1 year ago

Hey folks -

Running a GB Premium - I did some mods awhile back.

One of them , is the Mini TV mod - it's pretty cool (this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-tv-video-display-mod)

Well, when I connect it to the Node board per instructions, I start getting this unexpected light flash for the coin slots and the start button:

It connects via a 5V free socket on the Nodeboard near the front of the machine. (same board that powers the shaker). If I disconnect the mod , this issue doesn't happen.

Is there anywhere else I can get 5V from? Does the CPU board supply 5V? I'm seeing a similar connection, or is there somewhere I can splice in? Or is it all 12v?

Any information appreciated.

3 weeks later
#4529 1 year ago

Throwing this out there. Who has the 3d printed buildings with the fire house mod building and the walking stay puff? And fit issues? Can all 3 be used

#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey folks -
Running a GB Premium - I did some mods awhile back.
One of them , is the Mini TV mod - it's pretty cool (this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-tv-video-display-mod)
Well, when I connect it to the Node board per instructions, I start getting this unexpected light flash for the coin slots and the start button:

It connects via a 5V free socket on the Nodeboard near the front of the machine. (same board that powers the shaker). If I disconnect the mod , this issue doesn't happen.
Is there anywhere else I can get 5V from? Does the CPU board supply 5V? I'm seeing a similar connection, or is there somewhere I can splice in? Or is it all 12v?
Any information appreciated.

There is a stern power splitter board for spike machines, but I’m pretty sure it’s all 12v.

#4531 1 year ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Throwing this out there. Who has the 3d printed buildings with the fire house mod building and the walking stay puff? And fit issues? Can all 3 be used

I do, No Issues at all. With Stay Puft, The non Mezel Mod, the mod maker adjusted his base to version 2 so users could adjust the fitment, which actually helped when the issue was mentioned. Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/91?hl=eyeamred2u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.