main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 91.
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from izboy:

I’ve got a long post, and I hope there’s somebody out there who can help me. I just bought a Ghostbusters machine that has a lot of mods. It was working fine but I think something got jostled during transport. When I turn it on I get a tech alert saying overcurrent protection and then you go into the menu and it says it’s occurring through note board eight and then talks about the right sling.I have attached photos showing the tech alert and included a list of mods that the game came with. It does have every stern manufacture upgrade that has come out. I’m not super tech savvy I just am looking for some guidance. I have talked with Stern, I have replaced all the lights associated with the slingshots and I have borrowed a different note board eight and replaced it to make sure that the node board eight is not bad.
‪Mods include:‬
‪Color DMD‬
‪Full cliffy protector set‬
‪NO GHOST ACRYLICS Speaker Grill Insert‬
‪Custom Book stacking mod‬
‪Stern Lasercut plasma gun side rails‬
‪Custom Ghostbuster logo Backbox Hinge set‬
‪Speaker Light Kit 10‬
‪GHOSTBUSTERS 3D GHOST TRAP‬
‪ECTO GOGGLES SHIELD‬
‪River of slime plastic pop bumper mod‬
‪ECTO 1 Lighted Car MOD‬
‪Stern TOPPER‬
‪Arcade Keepup Dimming Backbox Kit‬
‪TILT Graphics Sideblades‬
‪Ghostbusters Scolari Brothers Drop Target Spring Fix Kit‬
‪Shaker Motor Kit‬
‪Custom Coin door magnets‬
‪GB Keychain‬
‪PerfectPlay Silicone Rubbers‬
‪Flipper Fidelity Complete Stern Speaker System With 10" Woofer‬
‪PinGuard Cabinet, Felt and nylon Leg and bolt Protectors‬
‪Leg Leveler Rubber Castors - Set Of 4‬
‪PinGuard SPIKE Shooter Lane Protector‬
‪8-Way Power Splitter Board‬
‪Metal Hex Spacer (Ramp Fix)‬
‪BriteButtons Illuminated Flipper Button (Purple)‬
‪Gozer Action Figure‬
‪Pinmonk Full color LED Gels + I added my own for the center lights‬
‪Die Cut Ball-Drop Protective Playfield Mylar‬
‪Ghost Trap Flipper Bat covers‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Backboard Illumination‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Slimer Pinballs - Green with Pink‬
‪Ghostbusters Pinball Scoop LED‬
‪Swapped out to lower pressure plunger and auto launcher spring‬
‪Extended Sling Protector with Center Post‬
‪cp3r's Airball Protector‬
‪Ghostbusters Mirror Replacement Mod‬
‪Replaced with Williams/Bally heavy-duty inner Leg Bracket‬
‪Stern Yellow flippers‬
‪TerrorDog figures‬
‪Ball Baron Ninja balls‬
‪Added Stern service bulletin for the node boards‬
‪Fixed the left flasher issue that can short out‬
‪Custom Instruction cards‬
‪Stern Tournament Button and Switch Assembly‬
‪Ghostbusters Upgrade Kit - center post‬
‪Replaced with Stern Lockdown Bar and Receiver Assembly‬
‪Pinstadium lights kit‬
‪Ghostbuster logo Plunger Plate‬
‪Swinks Target Wedge - 4 Degree mod‬
‪Stern Firehouse and sign‬
‪Handpainted custom slimer covers‬
‪Custom Subway car mod‬
‪Yoyokopter pink outlane guards‬
‪Yoyokopter ghost trap mod‬
Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

As mentioned, that node board is prone to failure. Was the service bulletin stuff done to the node boards? If not, you most likely need a new board.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

#4452 3 years ago

Hey,

I need help trying to identify this part. It's the metal plate that covers the captive ball area in the center of the playfield. I've included a picture. I cannot find this part or part number listed anywhere in the manual. It appears to be a standard part across the Pro, Premium, and LE models. Does anyone know the part number and where I can find one?

Thanks

4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Hey,
I need help trying to identify this part. It's the metal plate that covers the captive ball area in the center of the playfield. I've included a picture. I cannot find this part or part number listed anywhere in the manual. It appears to be a standard part across the Pro, Premium, and LE models. Does anyone know the part number and where I can find one?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Id give Stern a call.

#4454 3 years ago

I have a quick question that I wanted to see if somebody could help me out with. My Nunzios glory brother pops up and then seems to pop right back down. Is there a quick way to adjust this?

#4455 3 years ago

Try checking the spring tension underneath the targets. It also could be a broken “ledge” plastic that catches on the lip to keep the target up. Unfortunately, this piece breaks more than it should. Good to keep a couple on hand just in case.

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from izboy:

I have a quick question that I wanted to see if somebody could help me out with. My Nunzios glory brother pops up and then seems to pop right back down. Is there a quick way to adjust this?

I also had this issue and my problem was the spring that pushed the target onto the ledge. It just needed some stretching then it was working again.

#4457 3 years ago

I was adding speaker lights and lifted up the play field. When I went to play the first game I found this on the play field. Anyone know where it came from? I can’t find anywhere that has a grey post , they are all clear or stainless. Thanks for any help.
Dana

0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
#4458 3 years ago

that post to the underside of the ramp on the rhs next to the rhs up ramp piece - stops balls getting ontop of the plastic under the ramp

mine has been off for 2 years and waiting for a break to remove the ramp

see the upside mounted post behind the hex post

screen-capture-1 (resized).pngscreen-capture-1 (resized).png
#4459 3 years ago

Hey,

I have a GB that I purchased a few weeks ago. It needed a few new parts, so it took me a few weeks to get all the parts and get everything installed (new slimer, new wire form ramp, new rubbers, etc). I finally got it finished and it's launching two balls whenever you start a new game. I replaced both trough opto boards with new ones and that did not fix the issue. I removed the trough assembly, cleaned it and made sure there were no blockages in any of the sensor holes. That did not fix the issue either. The assembly itself is fine and there are no broken welds or bent pieces.

When I hit the start button to begin a game, it launches the first ball and then a second ball immediately after. There's no delay and it's not a situation where the first ball is falling back into the trough. Also, these are brand new balls and it did this on the first game, so it's not an issue where the balls are magnetized.

I went into the switch test matrix and here is what the switch status looks like when all 6 balls are in the trough. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not, but trough switches 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 are all closed, but trough switch 1 shows open. The Trough jam switch shows closed. If I take another ball and put it into the trough eject opening (so that it's stacked on top of the ball in first position in the trough), the trough switch 1 closes. The trough jam switch status never changes.

I included a second picture of the switch status with no balls in the trough.

I guess my first question is whether this supposed to be how it works and what is expected for normal operation or is something out of whack?

TroughSwStatus (resized).JPGTroughSwStatus (resized).JPGSwitchStatus (resized).jpgSwitchStatus (resized).jpg
#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Hey,
I have a GB that I purchased a few weeks ago. It needed a few new parts, so it took me a few weeks to get all the parts and get everything installed (new slimer, new wire form ramp, new rubbers, etc). I finally got it finished and it's launching two balls whenever you start a new game. I replaced both trough opto boards with new ones and that did not fix the issue. I removed the trough assembly, cleaned it and made sure there were no blockages in any of the sensor holes. That did not fix the issue either. The assembly itself is fine and there are no broken welds or bent pieces.
When I hit the start button to begin a game, it launches the first ball and then a second ball immediately after. There's no delay and it's not a situation where the first ball is falling back into the trough. Also, these are brand new balls and it did this on the first game, so it's not an issue where the balls are magnetized.
I went into the switch test matrix and here is what the switch status looks like when all 6 balls are in the trough. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not, but trough switches 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2 are all closed, but trough switch 1 shows open. The Trough jam switch shows closed. If I take another ball and put it into the trough eject opening (so that it's stacked on top of the ball in first position in the trough), the trough switch 1 closes. The trough jam switch status never changes.
I included a second picture of the switch status with no balls in the trough.
I guess my first question is whether this supposed to be how it works and what is expected for normal operation or is something out of whack?[quoted image][quoted image]

Something basic to try if you haven't already...I had an issue where I was getting two balls intermittently and it was due to the ball eject power being set too high when popping out of the trough. With the excessive force the ball was popping out of the trough into the shooter lane so hard that the ball was being pushed up the shooter lane so much that the sensor thought there was no ball and sent another one. Upon lowering the eject power, the issue subsided immediately.

#4461 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Something basic to try if you haven't already...I had an issue where I was getting two balls intermittently and it was due to the ball eject power being set too high when popping out of the trough. With the excessive force the ball was popping out of the trough into the shooter lane so hard that the ball was being pushed up the shooter lane so much that the sensor thought there was no ball and sent another one. Upon lowering the eject power, the issue subsided immediately.

Thanks! That did the trick. I can't believe I didn't think of doing that to start with. I lowered it to the lowest level and it fixed the issue!

Game is playing 100% now!

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from nlrobert:

Thanks! That did the trick. I can't believe I didn't think of doing that to start with. I lowered it to the lowest level and it fixed the issue!
Game is playing 100% now!

Awesome! Glad it worked. Crazy how the default setting is to launch the ball from the trough so dam hard. I also lowered the power of the auto launch...it was so hard it was bashing into the plastics at the top of the shooter lane.

#4463 3 years ago

I spoke to soon. I started playing a few games and the games would start fine with only 1 ball being ejected as expected. However, when the game ended and I attempted to start a new game, I would get "Locating Pinballs" error and the game would go into a ball search mode. If I waited 15 seconds or so, I could then start a new game and it played fine. Then the same locating pinballs error occurred when you go to start a new game. I then realized that I had mistakenly only installed 5 balls when I put them back into the game. I found one sitting on the counter that I missed. I installed the 6th ball into the game and now it's ejecting 2 balls when I start a new game (every time).

So, I guess back to my original post with the pictures of the switch matrix. It seemed off to me with trough 1 showing open when balls were installed. Can someone confirm if what I posted is correct behavior or does it look wrong? It would be great if someone else could look at their game and post the same picture to see if there are any differences.

#4464 3 years ago

Problem solved!!!!....I reseated all of the connectors and that didn't fix the issue. However, while I was doing so I noticed that the connector for the LED light board in the center of the playfield (the one that indicates completed modes) was plugged in and off by 1 pin. It's connection is located right next to the where the trough connector plugs in. I was so focused on trying to troubleshoot the trough issue that I didn't notice those lights not working. I reconnected that plug correctly and that resolved all the issues. Odd that it exhibited the behavior I was experiencing, but that definitely was causing the problem and fixed the issue.

Thanks for the input and assistance.

2 weeks later
#4465 3 years ago

FYI

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

1 month later
#4466 3 years ago

So i bought those Pinball Life replacement springs for the Scoleri Bros targets and it didnt make any difference. Has anyone figured out other adjustments for these things. They're so annoying, I want them in game play but im sick of the constant bricking and air balls.

I know to back hand and try to nick the side of the target, but my wife and any guests that play that arent as skilled to time it right smash these things and the ball goes all over.

Any new fixes to report?

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

So i bought those Pinball Life replacement springs for the Scoleri Bros targets and it didnt make any difference. Has anyone figured out other adjustments for these things. They're so annoying, I want them in game play but im sick of the constant bricking and air balls.
I know to back hand and try to nick the side of the target, but my wife and any guests that play that arent as skilled to time it right smash these things and the ball goes all over.
Any new fixes to report?

You just have to toy with the springs move them one rung at a time until you find the sweet spot

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Any new fixes to report?

Agree, they are very frustrating. I messed with mine forever and never quite figured out a setting that allowed hitting them straight on.

#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

You just have to toy with the springs move them one rung at a time until you find the sweet spot

Well I’m 10 wraps in and I think that might do it. I’ll report back on this after a few days of playing.

2 weeks later
#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Well I’m 10 wraps in and I think that might do it. I’ll report back on this after a few days of playing.

Needed to make the tension higher. Was still getting tons of brick shots. Pulled the springs 15 wraps from the end and I think that’s the sweet spot.

#4471 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with Slimer making a noise that sounds like the backup alarm on a truck when Slimer is in the down position? I would appreciate some advice on where to start tracking this down to fix it.
#ghostbusterspro

#4472 3 years ago

This is a simple mod - calling it the - Library Steps Mod that sits on the plastic a little higher than the library on the left side using an available screw.

The ball is known to get a little bit of air and can go up onto this plastic and can occasionally get stuck in a small valley behind the library in which you then have to remove the glass to free up.

The library came stock on the Premium and LE's and those that were lucky to get a library as a part and installed onto their Pro will have it as well.
The Library Steps - v1 is for the Pro where the library is installed a little lower as it is adjustable to a degree and should suit your positioned install
The Library Steps - v2 is for the Permium and LE and possibly the Pro (but depends where you installed the library).

For me I installed the library so the 3 arches are centred over the 3 targets = which is a little lower than the Premium and LE so the Library Steps v1 which is adjustable suits my game and should fit onto to others as well.

Search - swinksgb - on Shapeways for all GB mods and the other Library Step Option.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

I have also made this mod design FREE to download and print for yourself if you have a 3d printer - but it strictly not to be on-sold. You need to login into Shapeways to see the download button.

Hope it helps.

Library Steps - V1
IMG_4731 (resized).JPGIMG_4731 (resized).JPG
IMG_4732 (resized).JPGIMG_4732 (resized).JPG

Library Steps - V2 - which looks odd due to my lower library install
IMG_4729 (resized).jpgIMG_4729 (resized).jpg

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

This is a simple mod - calling it the - Library Steps Mod that sits on the plastic a little higher than the library on the left side using an available screw.
The ball is known to get a little bit of air and can go up onto this plastic and can occasionally get stuck in a small valley behind the library in which you then have to remove the glass to free up.
The library came stock on the Premium and LE's and those that were lucky to get a library as a part and installed onto their Pro will have it as well.
The Library Steps - v1 is for the Pro where the library is installed a little lower as it is adjustable to a degree and should suit your positioned install
The Library Steps - v2 is for the Permium and LE and possibly the Pro (but depends where you installed the library).
For me I installed the library so the 3 arches are centred over the 3 targets = which is a little lower than the Premium and LE so the Library Steps v1 which is adjustable suits my game and should fit onto to others as well.
Search - swinksgb - on Shapeways for all GB mods and the other Library Step Option.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest
I have also made this mod design FREE to download and print for yourself if you have a 3d printer - but it strictly not to be on-sold. You need to login into Shapeways to see the download button.
Hope it helps.
Library Steps - V1
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Library Steps - V2 - which looks odd due to my lower library install
[quoted image]

I think another lion would look more presentable. The steps look out of place. Just my 2 cents.

#4474 3 years ago

ideally the library should of come with it shaped better to not have the problem but it is also a area that you can not see from the players perspective and a splash of colour could blend it in a bit better. There are only 2 lions in the front but steps alot in the front and a little at the sides.

- and it is FREE if you want to print your own -
main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpgmain-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg

#4475 3 years ago

Sound issues. When bonus is adding up it volume is low and it has other sound bleeding into it. During god mode the dings for catching ghosts is low and also when it says ghostbuster. Ive turned up volume but same result.

#4476 3 years ago

Just added a trough light (10LED strip) to my GB pro and seems fine - however I noticed a couple times now after a cold boot it says "restarting game" during boot and then comes up normally. I'm not thinking it's anything too serious just figured I'd see if anyone has seen that.

1 month later
#4477 3 years ago

Created a separate thread for the issues I just started having after 4+ solid years of ownership.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6079658

Any chance any fellow GB owners have experienced issues with the Node 9 board, and/or magna-sling coil locking? Any recommendations on what else to check? I'm kinda hesitant to install a new 520-7017-72 node 9 board and magna-sling coil if the problem persists and toasts the new equipment. Based on my symptoms, any wire tracing I should be going through?

Since it appears my magna-sling coil is burnt up, when going to replace it, will I be ok replacing only the "electro magnet"/coil (part 090-5064-02) and re-using the existing bracket, core, and screw? Or will I also need to replace the core (part 530-7918-00)?

#4478 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Created a seperate thread for the issues I just started having after 4+ solid years of ownership.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-9-node-not-found-was-the-beginning#post-6079658
Any chance any fellow GB owners have experienced issues with the Node 9 board, and/or magna sling coil locking? Any recomendations on what else to check? I'm kinda hesitent to install a new 520-7017-72 node 9 board and magna-sling coil if the problem persists and toasts the new equipment. Based on my symptoms, any wire tracing I should be going through?
Since it appears my magna sling coil is burnt up, when going to replace it, will I be ok replacing only the "electro magnet"/coil (part 090-5064-02) and re-using the existing bracket, core, and screw? Or will I also need to replace the core (part 530-7918-00)?

#4479 3 years ago

Had an interesting thing happen during god mode. I set the game to god mode for guests and after several games, I thought I'd show a couple of guys wht happens when you achieve 100 ghosts. Well it did the power down but just kept going. The dmd remained blank and the power down sound slowly decreased in volume to the point where I decided to switch the game off. Powered on again and started a new game and achieved 100 ghosts and all went fine.

Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be a software bug or a one off thing?

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Had an interesting thing happen during god mode. I set the game to god mode for guests and after several games, I thought I'd show a couple of guys wht happens when you achieve 100 ghosts. Well it did the power down but just kept going. The dmd remained blank and the power down sound slowly decreased in volume to the point where I decided to switch the game off. Powered on again and started a new game and achieved 100 ghosts and all went fine.
Has this happened to anyone else? Could this be a software bug or a one off thing?

Never seen that...I imagine that the next step after the power down is contingent on all of the balls finding their way out of play down into the trough. Is it possible a ball got stuck or wasn't read by the optos in the trough? No other ideas on my end on what could have caused that.

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Never seen that...I imagine that the next step after the power down is contingent on all of the balls finding their way out of play down into the trough. Is it possible a ball got stuck or wasn't read by the optos in the trough? No other ideas on my end on what could have caused that.

Fair point, that sounds feasible and with me powering off, everything was reset. I think you could have something there thanks.

#4482 3 years ago

Here's an oddball reaction I noticed last night...I was shooting the ball manually with the rod and it slipped so the ball didn't make it all the way up the lane, so I pulled it again before the ball came back down and upon contact (like a baseball hit) the mode that was opened in the ecto goggles lane tripped and started.

I tried to duplicate my perfect baseball swing but wasn't able to with a few more tries. Not a big deal, just more curious than anything if this is a glitch or a one time thing. What would the rules be if you were playing in a tournament and this happened? ha.

#4483 3 years ago

Unable to find anything in the search,

My back box LED's for the translite (main control board) is not working in game or service mode, but the LED's light on then flashes on power/start up, but in game or service mode the LEDs are off no brightness adjustment works in the service menu works for either game or service mode. Checked my settings all are good, performed software update in case it was a bug.... still nothing. Thinking its the main board or Spike1 system is showing its reason why it was replaced so quickly.

Any help is appreciated

#4484 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Created a separate thread for the issues I just started having after 4+ solid years of ownership.
Any chance any fellow GB owners have experienced issues with the Node 9 board, and/or magna-sling coil locking? Any recommendations on what else to check? I'm kinda hesitant to install a new 520-7017-72 node 9 board and magna-sling coil if the problem persists and toasts the new equipment. Based on my symptoms, any wire tracing I should be going through?
Since it appears my magna-sling coil is burnt up, when going to replace it, will I be ok replacing only the "electro magnet"/coil (part 090-5064-02) and re-using the existing bracket, core, and screw? Or will I also need to replace the core (part 530-7918-00)?

Any of you GB tech masters up for passing along some knowledge to someone up to learning a little?

#4485 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Fair point, that sounds feasible and with me powering off, everything was reset. I think you could have something there thanks.

This just happened to me tonight for the first time and was immediately reminded of your post. I stood there angry for about 10 seconds while everything was dark except the shoot again button was blinking. I then opened the coin door and went into the menu (no errors were showing) and as I exited...the lights came back on and the DMD started displaying the "Are you a god" text but there was no sound or music. Then the ball launches to start the mode but the flippers are disabled so the ball just drains. Finally then...after all of that nonsense, the Are You a god text came back on and it let me go in and play as if nothing had frozen or been delayed whatsoever.

So strange...like a stalled out lawnmower that then tried to catch up.

1 week later
#4486 3 years ago

Hi all - I seem to have an issue with my premium. Basically I've been getting intermittent flipper failures - sometimes during a game and sometimes they wouldn't work on startup. I reseated all he connectors on what I think was node board 8, and it was working for a while. The issue happened again so I tried the same thing - but now not only do the flippers not fire (they do work in coil test, but the switch test registers nothing when i press the flipper buttons), but the trough optos are all dead so the machine just keeps cycling through ball location search when I try to start a game. I think maybe I've answered my own question - but is this a node board issue (node 8 I guess)?

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I could check? I must say, this machine vibrates/shakes a hell of a lot so it could be another connection that's worked its way loose?

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hi all - I seem to have an issue with my premium. Basically I've been getting intermittent flipper failures - sometimes during a game and sometimes they wouldn't work on startup. I reseated all he connectors on what I think was node board 8, and it was working for a while. The issue happened again so I tried the same thing - but now not only do the flippers not fire (they do work in coil test, but the switch test registers nothing when i press the flipper buttons), but the trough optos are all dead so the machine just keeps cycling through ball location search when I try to start a game. I think maybe I've answered my own question - but is this a node board issue (node 8 I guess)?
Anyone have any suggestions on what else I could check? I must say, this machine vibrates/shakes a hell of a lot so it could be another connection that's worked its way loose?

Ok slight rookie mistake in that the opto cable simply wasn't plugged in properly (it was 1 pin out) so trough is now ok. However, the flippers are still dead. If anyone has any ideas (besides not being my incompetent self) it would be appreciated.

1 month later
#4488 3 years ago

Hey guys, not a member, but a buddy is and I'm trying to get him up and running. Having the usual slimer irritations but can't seem to locate the issue despite solid guidance in the thread.

LE. 1.13.
520-6999-03ENCODER OPTO AMPLIFIER ASSEMBLY is suspect. Switch 69 hehe is stuck closed. I also see that 10 blk/brn on CN13 node 8 may be making a poor connection. Is it likely that 520-6999 is bad?

1 month later
#4489 2 years ago

I'm having a problem with my G.B. pro game, 1.17.
problem; I start the game shoot the ball and it makes an explosion sound (sound like when a ball hits Gozer) before the ball hits anything and it shows ghosts caught 12, 48 erratic the goes into Super Looping mode until the timer runs out (this happens sporadically). Sometimes when I start a game the Lost Ball Checker the playfield for a lost ball, then the rest of the games plays correctly.
I did a switch test through the computer and no problems there. I also did a “REST” on the machine yesterday and it played correctly for five or six games then started acting up again.
Anybody have any idea what is wrong?

2 weeks later
#4490 2 years ago

Hi guys, a friend of mine owns a beautiful GB Premium, on Saturday like every weekend we met for a game, the machine started giving this error as shown in the photo ... in a nutshell when the ball hits the "ghost target" (switch 45) the machine freezes and gives the error "locating node boards 10 24 nodes not found" ...... if not hit, everything works perfectly !!! now we have not done any tests but on Saturday we will see you and check ... it seems that switch 45 goes short and blocks node 10 is 24, if it goes off, everything starts perfectly and you play, the important thing is not to hit switch 45. The machine is equipped with the latest FW V1.17.0. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone ????

10A9979F-54BC-4818-9AF6-85450BFEF477 (resized).jpeg10A9979F-54BC-4818-9AF6-85450BFEF477 (resized).jpegE584A118-904B-4C7E-9F5E-C8E67D8D4C02 (resized).jpegE584A118-904B-4C7E-9F5E-C8E67D8D4C02 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4491 2 years ago

Hey All - hope you're having a nice Memorial Day Weekend.

I ran into a general pinball / Ghostbuster Premium issue... the Right side flipper and corresponding button aren't talking. Seems there's a delay / registration of the button being pressed happening. many times the flipper will get stuck at 'being pressed'.

I should clarify - the game recognizes that I am changing pin in-game modes...its just the flipper getting stuck in the 'up' position. before it eventually goes back to non-button pressed mode.

Can anyone recommend fix?

Any information appreciated.

Thank you,

#4492 2 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey All - hope you're having a nice Memorial Day Weekend.
I ran into a general pinball / Ghostbuster Premium issue... the Right side flipper and corresponding button aren't talking. Seems there's a delay / registration of the button being pressed happening. many times the flipper will get stuck at 'being pressed'.
I should clarify - the game recognizes that I am changing pin in-game modes...its just the flipper getting stuck in the 'up' position. before it eventually goes back to non-button pressed mode.
Can anyone recommend fix?
Any information appreciated.
Thank you,

Check your flipper return spring of course but also check the alignment of the flipper mechanism on the flipper shaft-you can compare how much of the flipper shaft sticks below the adjustment mechanism to the left one. I've loosened to Allen screw to adjust the flipper and it slid down the shaft and would bind causing it to stay in the up position

1 week later
#4493 2 years ago

My Ghost target stopped working. I replaced the switch and it is the same. I also noticed that when the balls go up the highway ramp nothing is being recorded. Can anybody help me?
I just replaced my Node 9 board to resolve a problem I had with Gozer not working.
Can somebody help me??????????

I found a broken wire on the 2X target, soldered back on the target and everything working.

3 weeks later
#4494 2 years ago

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “One for $20 (both for $30). Made from nearly unbreakable PET-G plastic. 1. Airball protector, Left ramp - see below. 2. Right Orbit protector - see below. (see instructions bel...”
2022-08-18
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 67 days
Viewed: 2451 times

8 months later
#4495 1 year ago
Quoted from Fogdad:

Has anyone had an issue with Slimer making a noise that sounds like the backup alarm on a truck when Slimer is in the down position? I would appreciate some advice on where to start tracking this down to fix it.
#ghostbusterspro

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

#4496 1 year ago
Quoted from bng73:

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue.

So you have a loud metal on metal noise? Is your plastic washer on the upper arm broken perhaps, causing some binding.

#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

So you have a loud metal on metal noise? Is your plastic washer on the upper arm broken perhaps, causing some binding.

It's more of a high-pitched whining noise, I don't think it is metal on metal. Slimer starts out quietly, but after it "warms up" it starts making this awful noise. If I stop playing for an hour and then go back to it, it will operate quietly again for a bit. Slimer moves even when noisy, and the noise pauses for each change in direction of the slimer.

EDIT: here's a link to a video example. https://share.icloud.com/photos/036qYswCV2hY3PruOeffjYZXA

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from bng73:

It's more of a high-pitched whining noise, I don't think it is metal on metal. Slimer starts out quietly, but after it "warms up" it starts making this awful noise. If I stop playing for an hour and then go back to it, it will operate quietly again for a bit. Slimer moves even when noisy, and the noise pauses for each change in direction of the slimer.
EDIT: here's a link to a video example. https://share.icloud.com/photos/036qYswCV2hY3PruOeffjYZXA

Holy wow, is it louder next to the actual gearbox/motor assembly with the playfield lifted up? To me, that is the motor failing.

#4499 1 year ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

Holy wow, is it louder next to the actual gearbox/motor assembly with the playfield lifted up? To me, that is the motor failing.

It's louder with the glass off. I haven't run it with the PF lifted - I am assuming it's the motor as well. Ready replacement from Marco is something like $225!

#4500 1 year ago

Maybe try a drop of high quality synthetic lubricant on the exposed motor bearing and gearbox output shaft. However, that may not work if the problem is inside the gearbox.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Chippewa, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.