By exflexer

1 year ago

Stats

• 3,660 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171205_075840 (resized).jpg
IMG_2744 (resized).jpg
slimer optos (resized).png
gb-slimer opto-wheel (resized).png
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
76955886-C51B-4551-A21A-392CB94D31E1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171110_205619 (resized).jpg
slimertestfailed (resized).jpg
19249931_10159661305845061_1793762682_o (resized).jpg
slimer mech2 (resized).jpg
IMG_3165 (resized).jpg
IMG_3160 (resized).jpg
IMG_3162 (resized).jpg
IMG_4264 (resized).JPG
IMG_4263 (resized).JPG
IMG_3956 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 74.
#401 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Attempt 2.
Ball flying over the inlane rails into the outlane still sucks. Built this.
Result: Seems to work... further testing (playing) neccessary!

Just looking at this I cannot see how a ball has the space to jump over the rail, I would hope this fixes the issue.

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Attempt 2.
Ball flying over the inlane rails into the outlane still sucks. Built this.
Result: Seems to work... further testing (playing) neccessary!

Just tap the bars back through a little from underneath with a hammer and punch, job done.

#403 1 year ago

Played a GB on location. Slimer rarely responded to any hits direct or not. The left scoop frequently shot sdtm. There were a few air balls but not unusual and no drains from them. The wire form was bent a little but didn't seem to be an issue. Biggest issue was the right ramp. Super hard to make the shot up the ramp but the ball never went anywhere. It just hit the back wall and dribbled down. The one I played at TPF played so much better. I sure hope Stern addresses the issues. I still want a premium but at that price I don't want issues like these. Love the game so it would suck if a few issues bring it down.

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Played a GB on location. Slimer rarely responded to any hits direct or not. The left scoop frequently shot sdtm. There were a few air balls but not unusual and no drains from them. The wire form was bent a little but didn't seem to be an issue. Biggest issue was the right ramp. Super hard to make the shot up the ramp but the ball never went anywhere. It just hit the back wall and dribbled down. The one I played at TPF played so much better. I sure hope Stern addresses the issues. I still want a premium but at that price I don't want issues like these. Love the game so it would suck if a few issues bring it down.

Sounds like that pin is set up too steep. The two I play on location the right ramp works fine and have never seen the left scoop throw the ball down the center. And I've played them both over 50 times each.

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sounds like that pin is set up too steep. The two I play on location the right ramp works fine and have never seen the left scoop throw the ball down the center. And I've played them both over 50 times each.

I agree.

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I read a post in another thread stating GB Pro's won't ship until June now.
Maybe the delay is due to an attempt to resolve GB issues?
If games won't arrive till July & code isn't complete & there's issues with slimer, short outlanes & bent wire forms why push the money out of your account today?

I mentioned it on the "Real Ghostbusters Thread" a couple days ago, Stern has paused production of the Pro's (and maybe the LE/Prem too) in order to "re-work the Slimer mechanism" and have the engineering dept. at Stern come up with a resolution on the wireform bending problem.

Originally I was told May 16th for LE production, this was last month, so if we don't see LE's on the line tomorrow or early this week then it seems they are likely reworking the Slimer mech and wireforms on the LE's as well. I don't care, I just want a machine that works without these problems, and I am ok with waiting a little longer because of that.

I wonder what they will do to address the machines that people already have though?

#407 1 year ago

I am ok waiting as well if they really are addressing issues.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Biggest issue was the right ramp. Super hard to make the shot up the ramp but the ball never went anywhere. It just hit the back wall and dribbled down.

The Gb on location that I play had an impossible right ramp at first. After a couple weeks it now seems to be working fine. Hopefully your location game will get better with more plays too.
On the downside, Slimer quit working.

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

EDIT: Also, as a first time NIB buyer, what can be done about coins not registering. about 5% of coins dropped in the right side will go through, but not register. Anything specific to look at?

Ya , so I guess you owe me a buck or two

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Originally I was told May 16th for LE production, this was last month, so if we don't see LE's on the line tomorrow or early this week then it seems they are likely reworking the Slimer mech and wireforms on the LE's as well.

Curious if your distributor has asked you for payment on your LE yet?

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ya , so I guess you owe me a buck or two

This has happened to me on GoT, too. If you drop them in too fast, you lose your quarter.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Yeah, about a week ago - paid in full. Trent @ Tilt

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Not yet. I have paid a $2,000 deposit though.

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

I mentioned it on the "Real Ghostbusters Thread" a couple days ago, Stern has paused production of the Pro's (and maybe the LE/Prem too) in order to "re-work the Slimer mechanism" and have the engineering dept. at Stern come up with a resolution on the wireform bending problem.

Is this official from Stern or just a rumor?

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Is this official from Stern or just a rumor?

From Stern

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

From Stern

That is kind of awesome actually and now I *don't* want to get mine this week if they are fixing stuff.

Did they mention this on their Facebook page or anything or do you just know a guy who knows a guy, etc.?

#417 1 year ago

Im in contact with 2 guys at Stern in regards to the wire rail and the newton ball black roof bending, both trapping the ball on some tables. Ive only had the wire rail bend in trapping ball but my roof is bent down also but not trapping ball. They didnt say anything about production but did say they were re engineering the newton ball roof and wire rail.

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im in contact with 2 guys at Stern in regards to the wire rail and the newton ball black roof bending, both trapping the ball on some tables. Ive only had the wire rail bend in trapping ball but my roof is bent down also but not trapping ball. They didnt say anything about production but did say they were re engineering the newton ball roof and wire rail.

Did they also mention the re-working of the Slimer mech? Sounds like they are only re-doing the Slimer mech on the Pros, and not LE's.

I am interested to see what the new design is for the wireform & roof for the captive ball setup, last I heard engineering was looking into the issue but didn't have a solution yet. I'd assume this is why a lot of Pro's were delayed until July. It would be nice if there was an official PSA from Stern, but I guess this is good enough for now. I am very happy Stern is addressing this now, and not like how they have addressed the GoT issues.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Did they also mention the re-working of the Slimer mech? Sounds like they are only re-doing the Slimer mech on the Pros, and not LE's.
I am interested to see what the new design is for the wireform & roof for the captive ball setup, last I heard engineering was looking into the issue but didn't have a solution yet. I'd assume this is why a lot of Pro's were delayed until July. It would be nice if there was an official PSA from Stern, but I guess this is good enough for now. I am very happy Stern is addressing this now, and not like how they have addressed the GoT issues.

No they didnt mention or ask about the slimer mech. Mine works good with cable zip tied down between the 2 wires so i didnt complain about it. Direct good hits always register for me and soft hits dont which i feel is how it should work, basicly no luck shots and when you do shoot at him you can feel whether or not it was a good shot even before it hits him. My slimer looks slightly to the left and everytime i try to make him look straight he goes right back to looking left.

#420 1 year ago

So me being a total noob when it comes to NIB experience with Stern, since Ghostbusters is my first... If they make a change, for example to the rails along the symmetric book stacking captive ball unit to stronger material, or to some parts in the Slimer mech, do i as a buyer whos already received their unit able to get these parts free of charge, or am i SOL for being an early adopter?

For the most part, the only real issue ive had is slight bending of that rail by book stacking, other than that, Slimer seems to register hits ok, maybe once in a while goes off from the shaker or strong nudge maybe.

#421 1 year ago

Unfortunately that's the rub with being an early adopter. Doesn't hurt to ask stern for help though if they start shipping newer games with a slight change to them to fix some of these issues. I'm sure if it's easy enough for them to ship you the part, they will.

#422 1 year ago

I would think the parts should be free you might have to some labor yourself

#423 1 year ago

The warranty only covers CPU board defects and display failures.

I am sure they will hook people up with cheap parts if they swap something out but Stern is under no obligation to do so.

#424 1 year ago

They'll send you a new wireform for example. Heck if it's already bent on some machines and impeding the captive ball it could be called defective... so they usually send the parts and are delighted you'll do the labor.

#425 1 year ago

For these types of issues the record says they will send parts. Bicycle girl ramp fix - Metallica hammer board - Xmen aux board. They have a few we would wish they would fixes like GOT. However if they can fix it via software they seem to go that way first - even if it removes gameplay.

#426 1 year ago

This is from the Prem/LE manual- looks like a better designed Slimer mech. I'm assuming this is either a revised version from what's on the Pro, or was made for the Prem/LE to begin with, but I'm willing to bet this will be implemented in the Pro's going forward. Definitely seems like a better design.

image_(resized).png

Also, here is a picture of the Prem/LE from when GB was announced, seems at some point they changed the Slimer mech, possibly due to more play testing. Looks like the very early games will have this older designed mech. You can see the lack of the additional pendulum type piece that sits on the Slimer mech top plate.

image_(resized).jpeg

#427 1 year ago

The Slimer mech, or the "Shake the Machine" mech miiiiiight need to be looked at by me; Little adjustment should be fine.

I had bunch of light issues after the first night....standard re-seating of any under PF connection fixed it.

#428 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is from the Prem/LE manual- looks like a better designed Slimer mech. I'm assuming this is either a revised version from what's on the Pro, or was made for the Prem/LE to begin with, but I'm willing to bet this will be implemented in the Pro's going forward. Definitely seems like a better design.

Also, here is a picture of the Prem/LE from when GB was announced, seems at some point they changed the Slimer mech, possibly due to more play testing. Looks like the very early games will have this older designed mech. You can see the lack of the additional pendulum type piece that sits on the Slimer mech top plate.

Interesting, hopefully they will offer this updated mech to current pro owners.

#429 1 year ago

Anyone looked at the pro manual what does it show in there?

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from Flato:

Anyone looked at the pro manual what does it show in there?

Just checked, looks like they updated the Pro manual. It is now reflecting a new design, similar to the Prem/LE model's Slimer mech. Anyone care to see if Stern will replace existing Pro Slimer mechs with this new design? See below screenshot from Pro manual:

2016-05-17_1402_(resized).png

vs old design:

1411eb27e8c571b495d6ea65e462e34ef3fd9994.jpeg_(resized).jpg

#431 1 year ago

I emailed yesterday but have not heard back. If anyone does hear anything please post here ?

#432 1 year ago

Anyone else notice this bug in the current version of the code?:

When arrow shots are lit at the left scoop (either to start a mode or make progress in a mode), shooting the left scoop will NOT credit you for the shot. However, the game will recognize that the ball is in the scoop & kick it back out. So, the switch is recognizing the ball is in the left scoop, but it is not giving credit for the shot. This happened multiple times to me today while playing on location, and it was random in occurrence. Sometimes the shots would count while other times they would not.

#433 1 year ago

Do we know for certain that current GB Pro owners have this older mechanism?

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from Flato:

Do we know for certain that current GB Pro owners have this older mechanism?

I can confirm that I do in my GB pro.

#435 1 year ago
Quoted from PinB:

When arrow shots are lit at the left scoop (either to start a mode or make progress in a mode), shooting the left scoop will NOT credit you for the shot. However, the game will recognize that the ball is in the scoop & kick it back out. So, the switch is recognizing the ball is in the left scoop, but it is not giving credit for the shot. This happened multiple times to me today while playing on location, and it was random in occurrence. Sometimes the shots would count while other times they would not.

Also present in 1.0. I'm assuming it could be a faulty or misadjusted switch (like kiss had if I recall correctly). Though I guess it could be software too. Really annoying when you have extra ball lit

#436 1 year ago

Man now i am super torn and kind of want my Pro to be delayed

The Pro I play on location has a totally jacked up Slimer already and I don't want to have to deal with that, but I guess I could just buy the new mech directly from Stern...

#437 1 year ago
Quoted from PinB:

This happened a lot with the scoop on KISS. The problem is that the switch closes, but doesn't stay closed when the ball goes in there. The game code fires the coil to eject the ball, but doesn't score anything because the switch was open again. It could be a similar issue with GB.

Rob

#438 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This happened a lot with the scoop on KISS. The problem is that the switch closes, but doesn't stay closed when the ball goes in there. The game code fires the coil to eject the ball, but doesn't score anything because the switch was open again. It could be a similar issue with GB.
Rob

sounds like it could be fixed with a cap on that switch to draw out the single length so quick hits acknowledge. If that's the case.

#439 1 year ago

There is a tech bulletin about the switches doing this for previous games I.e Metallica, kiss etc on sterns site and says to tweak the switch. They should definitely address this also in code

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just checked, looks like they updated the Pro manual. It is now reflecting a new design, similar to the Prem/LE model's Slimer mech. Anyone care to see if Stern will replace existing Pro Slimer mechs with this new design? See below screenshot from Pro manual:

I can't wait to see what has changed. From the drawing that was included in the first make-shift manuals it isn't really an exact representation of the ball and cabling.

#441 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

There is a tech bulletin about the switches doing this for previous games I.e Metallica, kiss etc on sterns site and says to tweak the switch. They should definitely address this also in code

The switch has been adjusted and the issue still exists so I'm assuming that this will need to be corrected in the next revision of code.

#442 1 year ago

I wouldn't think so. If it was code everyone would be having the problem. We play 2 GBs in league and they have never done this. They are on v.1.04.

#443 1 year ago

Bending already how did adding a ball work for znyone that has? Please post or pm me

20160519_232149_(resized).jpg

20160519_232251_(resized).jpg

#444 1 year ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Bending already how did adding a ball work for znyone that has? Please post or pm me

It amazes me that this and the Slimer bash toy would have made it through any sort of testing without showing similar effects, in fact, if you go look at the Dead Flip LE video, this rail is bent too and not allowing the captive ball to register.

#445 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

It amazes me that this and the Slimer bash toy would have made it through any sort of testing without showing similar effects, in fact, if you go look at the Dead Flip LE video, this rail is bent too and not allowing the captive ball to register.

Well, that explains that then. You had both Dwight and JT standing there, playing the machine, and they didn't even realize the captive ball wasn't working- or chose to ignore it. No wonder the problem exists, they are apparently clueless or could care less.

#446 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, that explains that then. You had both Dwight and JT standing there, playing the machine, and they didn't even realize the captive ball wasn't working- or chose to ignore it. No wonder the problem exists, they are apparently clueless or could care less.

Like we used to say , ship it now fix it later.
As long as the bean counters are happy . Honestly it's how some companies operate.

#447 1 year ago
Quoted from tpir:

Man now i am super torn and kind of want my Pro to be delayed
The Pro I play on location has a totally jacked up Slimer already and I don't want to have to deal with that, but I guess I could just buy the new mech directly from Stern...

I wouldn't be torn. Stern's customer service and support is fantastic. They will help you if you have issues.

#448 1 year ago

Ulekstore or whatever has a plastic protector that ends the ball over the outlane guides.

#449 1 year ago

I received my Ghostbusters Pro on May 17 2016. It was my first new in box experience and I love it! I have owned and restored older games from the 70's and 80's. Only issues I had was slimmer and I moved the wire cable to the center and he seems to register much better now. I contacted Stern about it after seeing the new design for slimmer and they stated that they will only send out parts to replace it if there is a problem. I asked if one mechanism was better than the other. They basically said that the smaller diameter wire should actually be more sensitive. Which the smaller wire is the original design. Stern said they did this update to the slimmer mechanism as a running update or something like that. They have only heard of adjustment issues and not wear issues with Slimmer.

#450 1 year ago

Stern's cheap don't think they would have redesigned it if they didn't know it would be a problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,499.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Mafia
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
There are 3660 posts in topic. You are on page 9 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside