main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 91.
#4301 4 years ago

I finally was able to copy Stern's SD card. I used Balena Etcher and it work just fine. I'm using a Transcend 16GB SD Card to copy to.

3 weeks later
#4302 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I have a premium ghostbusters. The slimmer mech is lost in its travel path. Its stuck over by the fire house. Does anyone know what causes this or where to look?

Is The calibration error? Mine too

#4303 4 years ago

Could be calibration. Know bug if you start a game right after it ends a game, especially if balls are locked or up in the dog leg. If you turn off and back on does it fix it

1 week later
#4304 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I know this has been talked about a lot in the past but I have forgotten...

What are the fixes to make the ball go around the orbit from launch or autolaunch? I find it often hits something around the Stay Puft guy and not get around the loop.

1 week later
#4305 4 years ago

I'm guessing it's a common issue but I haven't found it exactly yet searching... My slimer is registering hits randomly when he isn't hit with the ball. Any suggestions?

#4306 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm guessing it's a common issue but I haven't found it exactly yet searching... My slimer is registering hits randomly when he isn't hit with the ball. Any suggestions?

Sounds like it is just out of adjustment. Here is what I did to mine when it was to tight and not registering almost any hit. Been working fine ever since.

Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

#4307 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Sounds like it is just out of adjustment. Here is what I did to mine when it was to tight and not registering almost any hit. Been working fine ever since.
Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

Thanks. I tinkered with the alignment and it seems to work better now. I doubt this mech would ever be 100% reliable but it is better.

#4308 4 years ago

Just picked this up. Only 54 plays but the magnetic gate at the back loop is inop, both in game and in the coil test. Everything is connected and visually ok. No tech alerts or other notifications. Not familiar enough with this machine to really dive deeper. Anyone else have this issue or know what to look for? Thank you.
4BC1EFD0-2D3C-477A-B6C8-D7FEBAB28C8D (resized).jpeg4BC1EFD0-2D3C-477A-B6C8-D7FEBAB28C8D (resized).jpeg

#4309 4 years ago

Hello all, please excuse my english.

I have my GB Pro since 3 weeks now and enjoying it alot with my family.
Reading the GB "Issue" and "Family" thread helped me out, thank you.
I have some questions and I wanted to share a fix which is brilliant and not shared enough imo.

Inlane/Outlane fix:
I have had no Ball hopping since.
For this fix you dont even have to lift your playfield, its superfast and safe.
Use a big flat head screwdriver with a non abberassive underlaying material.
Simply turn the screwdriver until the rail reaches your desired hight, note that the small inlane rail also causes airballs, so dont forget to raise these too. (image 1 & 2)

My problem:
I want people to have fun with the game and right now I feel like they get frustrated fast- me included. My highest score so far are 550 millions, i just reached 100 ghosts once.
I get better at nudging, aiming, learning the angles and it helps, but I cant expect causual players to learn all this. Main problem is the SDTM drain.
Adjusting the flipper angles (image 3) helps a little bit, but the game feels strange. Especially when the flippers are in up-position it feels like cheating, because you can hold the ball tight in place.
Also when the ball comes out of the Subway Eject, the dead bounce bounces now off, right to the right slingshot and decreasing coil strength in the option menu did not help.
So center post VS carrot flipper came to mind. I wanted to try the carrot flippers but they are SO UGLY, do you have any other option for those?
We have the metric system here in Austria and i dont understand the size description (Bottom edge is 3-9/64 inches long Shaft length is 2-3/16 inches).
I just want simple white flippers. Here are the carrots: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-5

Waxing my playfield and Balls was a big improvement for the smooth overall feeling, but the drain got worse since its much faster now.
Making a bigger gap at the slingshot contacts did help too, since they dont get activated too easy now.
I could raise the Ball per game to 5 , but I dont like that idea somehow, and it will not help with drain frustration.
The playfeelds is angled about 7°, bubble indicator right in the middle.

The last issue is the left ramp. (image 4)
I think the ball often crashes against the metal gate on higher speeds, maybe some kind of airball. Any ideas? I just found one post about this. Waxing the ramp did not help here.

Here is a frustrating gameplay example.
I know my aim really sucked in this game, normaly I do much better, but I thought its a good example of the frustration
I know most of the game mechanics, and what to hit, you just dont see it in this game

Thank You

20190808_230147 (resized).jpg20190808_230147 (resized).jpg20190808_225339 (resized).jpg20190808_225339 (resized).jpg20190808_225010 (resized).jpg20190808_225010 (resized).jpg20190808_225658 (resized).jpg20190808_225658 (resized).jpg
#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have some questions and I wanted to share a fix which is brilliant and not shared enough imo.
Inlane/Outlane fix:
Simply turn the screwdriver until the rail reaches your desired hight, note that the small inlane rail also causes airballs, so dont forget to raise these too. (image 1 & 2)
My problem:
I want people to have fun with the game and right now I feel like they get frustrated fast- me included. My highest score so far are 550 millions, i just reached 100 ghosts once.
I get better at nudging, aiming, learning the angles and it helps, but I cant expect causual players to learn all this. Main problem is the SDTM drain.
Adjusting the flipper angles (image 3) helps a little bit, but the game feels strange. Especially when the flippers are in up-position it feels like cheating, because you can hold the ball tight in place.
Also when the ball comes out of the Subway Eject, the dead bounce bounces now off, right to the right slingshot and decreasing coil strength in the option menu did not help.
So center post VS carrot flipper came to mind. I wanted to try the carrot flippers but they are SO UGLY, do you have any other option for those?
We have the metric system here in Austria and i dont understand the size description (Bottom edge is 3-9/64 inches long Shaft length is 2-3/16 inches).
I just want simple white flippers. Here are the carrots: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-5
Waxing my playfield and Balls was a big improvement for the smooth overall feeling, but the drain got worse since its much faster now.
Making a bigger gap at the slingshot contacts did help too, since they dont get activated too easy now.
I could raise the Ball per game to 5 , but I dont like that idea somehow, and it will not help with drain frustration.
I think the ball often crashes against the metal gate on higher speeds, maybe some kind of airball. Any ideas? I just found one post about this. Waxing the ramp did not help here.
I know my aim really sucked in this game, normaly I do much better, but I thought its a good example of the frustration
I know most of the game mechanics, and what to hit, you just dont see it in this game
Thank You
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Instead of prying with wood against the playfield, you can also just raise the playfield and tap them from underneath.

#4311 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Inlane/Outlane fix:
My problem:
Thank You
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Regarding the carrot flippers, I agree they are ugly and would prefer plain white, but they do make the game play better. It's still the most difficult game in my collection even with the carrots. The impact is certainly not dramatic. I'm not a tournament player and have no chip on my shoulder about making slight modifications to make the game more fun. I put some flipper bat covers on mine and they look ok.

Regarding the left ramp, you could try tightening the nuts underneath the ramp flap. I have a premium so the ramp is a bit different, but tightening the flap really reduced airballs for me. Also, you could try bending the gate up slightly to give a bit more ball clearance. Good luck.

#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Regarding the carrot flippers, I agree they are ugly and would prefer plain white, but they do make the game play better. It's still the most difficult game in my collection even with the carrots. The impact is certainly not dramatic. I'm not a tournament player and have no chip on my shoulder about making slight modifications to make the game more fun. I put some flipper bat covers on mine and they look ok.
Regarding the left ramp, you could try tightening the nuts underneath the ramp flap. I have a premium so the ramp is a bit different, but tightening the flap really reduced airballs for me. Also, you could try bending the gate up slightly to give a bit more ball clearance. Good luck.

Thank You,

I couldnt find any similar flippers, so i ordered the carrots.
I installed the center post. It helps, but im not a fan. It feels like cheating and i will remove it as soon as my carrots are here.
Regarding the left ramp, tightening the nuts did not help, but i removed the metal gate clamp thing, since removing the whole gate is a pain ***.
It works perfectly now, i dont need the upwards stop since i cant hit the ramp full power anyway

I changed my sling shot rubbers to super bands, but unfortunately they are tighter than the origals and my slingshots are not strong enough now.
I cant find the coil strength setting, anyone can tell me the option path?

cheers

#4313 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thank You,
I couldnt find any similar flippers, so i ordered the carrots.
I installed the center post. It helps, but im not a fan. It feels like cheating and i will remove it as soon as my carrots are here.
Regarding the left ramp, tightening the nuts did not help, but i removed the metal gate clamp thing, since removing the whole gate is a pain ***.
It works perfectly now, i dont need the upwards stop since i cant hit the ramp full power anyway
I changed my sling shot rubbers to super bands, but unfortunately they are tighter than the origals and my slingshots are not strong enough now.
I cant find the coil strength setting, anyone can tell me the option path?
cheers

The centerpost feels like cheating, but longer flippers won't ?

#4314 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The centerpost feels like cheating, but longer flippers won't ?

Hehe, I know its a contradictorily view. Of corse the game is designed without them, but i hope it feels more natural like other pinball games with a smaller gap, we will see.
I came to the conclusion that it makes no sense to stay original, if noone likes to play the game.
I would have bought another game, but my son loved the GB theme and me too, so I make the best out of it.
Maybe we are getting better and go back to original someday, but I dont think this will happen any soon

Anyone have a explaination for the software settings of the game? The manual do not help here

#4315 4 years ago

I have problems with slimer not registering hits. I found some info on how to adjust it, but I did not get the hang of it. Especially on where to tie a zip tie, if that is the work-around - or perhaps it was meant for situations where the Slimer was too sensitive? Maybe someone would be willing to give tips based on the pics I have attached here? Thanks for any help on how to adjust the slimer mech to work!
IMG_6749 (resized).JPGIMG_6749 (resized).JPGIMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6751 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6752 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPGIMG_6753 (resized).JPG

#4316 4 years ago

This is how I put it together: now it registers fine hits to slimers' sides and back, but not at all front hits... Even when I now move the slimer with hand, it does not register the front hits. I have tried to put the slimer together now four different times, but always the same result.

Some pics of the latest install and a video. Any tips - might some part be broken?

IMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6763 (resized).JPGIMG_6762 (resized).JPGIMG_6762 (resized).JPGIMG_6764 (resized).JPGIMG_6764 (resized).JPG
#4317 4 years ago

Up!

I discussed the matter one evening with Stern tech and we were unable to find the problem. I even switched node boards 8 and 9 (with dip-switches adjusted) to see if there was something wrong with the node board. There was not. Also the connection from Slimer to node board 8/connector 13 seems to work ok. Apparently its the Slimer-mechanism itself that has the problem. I read that some folks have adjusted the white ball to be in the center, but I think that was for Slimer-mech v1 and not for v2, that I have? Also I am wondering - should the slimer be registering hits from his back? Mine registers hits from Slimer's back and from Slimer's sides, but just not the front hits.

Any help is much appreciated!

#4318 4 years ago

I've never had mine apart but I'm guessing the braided silver wire comes in contact with the silver ring and that's what triggers a "hit". If that's so it looks like there is a black washer like thingy next to the white pivot ball that's preventing the cable from touching from a frontal hit. You need to turn that 180 degrees so you get side to side and frontal hits. Again, I don't know what I'm talking about but it's a guess.

#4319 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I've never had mine apart but I'm guessing the braided silver wire comes in contact with the silver ring and that's what triggers a "hit". If that's so it looks like there is a black washer like thingy next to the white pivot ball that's preventing the cable from touching from a frontal hit. You need to turn that 180 degrees so you get side to side and frontal hits. Again, I don't know what I'm talking about but it's a guess.

Thanks, I will try to turn it!

#4320 4 years ago

Well, no help there. It really seems that the black plastic spacers surrounding the white ball prohibit it from making a contact if hit directly. I noticed in this thread that some folks had drilled new holes and also black zip ties have been used. But it is difficult for me to say, was it a v1 or v2 mechanism.
Any help with people that have solved this would be much appreciated.

#4321 4 years ago

Hey guys I could need some help also.
I am having some issues with my droptargets.

This is now the second time i have noticed this issue. Yesterday and a few month ago it’s started doing this. However they are working fine during this behavior. I had this issue during multiball yesterday. One was up and once I hit it, it did go down and counted a hit the other one came up. And vice versa. But the one wich was down always tried do go down again as seen in the video.

Anyone knows if this is a hardware issue or a software issue?

1 month later
#4322 4 years ago

[GB PRO]
I wanted to share what i just found.
When shooting the left ramp, alot of times the ball didnt make it in the inner lane on the ramp exit,
instead it twists to the faster middle lane, which wont let you cradle the ball easily.
By moving the ramp closer down to the lanes and fixing it with the screw (see image),
you can decrease the amount of misguided balls.
Those details make me enjoy the game more and more.

20190922_194026 (resized).jpg20190922_194026 (resized).jpg
#4323 4 years ago

[GB PRO]
Another little tweak is the Orbit shot.
In the video you can see that the metal guide is not straight in the mittle part, which leads to a small collision.
Removing the back board allowed me to bend the metal guide back with pliers (duct tape the pliers for anti scratch).
Warning, this has to be made super cautious. I just pinched the metal guide with the pliers and did little pulls in the desired direction.
Always checking back with the ruler.
You can remove the back board simply unscrewing some screws from the back and below the playfield, make sure you dont unscrew the gate screws.

20190922_151526 (resized).jpg20190922_151526 (resized).jpg

#4324 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

This is how I put it together: now it registers fine hits to slimers' sides and back, but not at all front hits... Even when I now move the slimer with hand, it does not register the front hits. I have tried to put the slimer together now four different times, but always the same result.
Some pics of the latest install and a video. Any tips - might some part be broken?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you have the airball protector installed, double check to make sure Slimer is not hitting it when he goes back (even the slightest bit)... My slimier was working fine in diagnostics when I would move him by hand but in game play, would not register direct hits. Turns out when going back it was hitting the ariball protector just a bit... so i shaved down the protector in that area to give him room and now it works consistently as expected.

2 weeks later
#4325 4 years ago

Im hoping to get help with a problem thats driving me crazy. After the ball goes through the pop bumbers and through the gate, there is a 50/50 chance the ball will go straight down the middle. Thanks!

file (resized).jpegfile (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpegfile2 (resized).jpegfile2 (resized).jpeg

#4326 4 years ago

it happens sometimes to me, if the ball comes back from a weak shot into the right orbit.
when it comes from the pumpers this never happens.
your video is set private, so i cant watch it.

#4327 4 years ago

strange, did you slightly bend the metal of the pke ramp outwards, to make an easier shot?
i have seen some games where people are giving the machine a nudge at the exact moment where the ball hits the right metal guide.
i guess they did this because of the center drain. you could try how you have to nudge to avoid the drain.

another suggestion:
Add a washer between the playfield and the metal guide where it is attached with a screw, it makes the ramp shot easier (i cant explain why).
now you could try bend the end of the metal 1 millimeter. this could help the ball just enough to not get drained.
Pinball is a game of millimeter, be cautious when bending.
(you have to get the ramp out of the way, so you have to remove some screws but no big deal.)

Here is the guide from the cliffy's homepage:

Cliffy's Bonus Tip: Nub Protection
Repeated hits on the PKE Ramp's blue nub can wear a groove in your finish! The end of the metal guide is not secured directly and can move from side to side every time it get's hit. Getting it off the playfield is the solution. You should do this while the ramp is out.
The solution is easy: just place a washer under the mounting tab to left the end of the guide off the field. And for no reason whatsoever the ramp is easier to hit too (your mileage may vary)!

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-004.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-003.jpg

#4328 4 years ago

Thanks for the insight! Ill give it a try.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

strange, did you slightly bend the metal of the pke ramp outwards, to make an easier shot?
i have seen some games where people are giving the machine a nudge at the exact moment where the ball hits the right metal guide.
i guess they did this because of the center drain. you could try how you have to nudge to avoid the drain.
another suggestion:
Add a washer between the playfield and the metal guide where it is attached with a screw, it makes the ramp shot easier (i cant explain why).
now you could try bend the end of the metal 1 millimeter. this could help the ball just enough to not get drained.
Pinball is a game of millimeter, be cautious when bending.
(you have to get the ramp out of the way, so you have to remove some screws but no big deal.)
Here is the guide from the cliffy's homepage:
Cliffy's Bonus Tip: Nub Protection
Repeated hits on the PKE Ramp's blue nub can wear a groove in your finish! The end of the metal guide is not secured directly and can move from side to side every time it get's hit. Getting it off the playfield is the solution. You should do this while the ramp is out.
The solution is easy: just place a washer under the mounting tab to left the end of the guide off the field. And for no reason whatsoever the ramp is easier to hit too (your mileage may vary)!
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-004.jpg
http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GB-Nubfix-003.jpg

#4329 4 years ago

OK, I finally just gave up on my Scoleri brothers drop targets. I bought the GB Pro still NIB, 2 weeks or so ago. Left drop target is fine, works as expected, right drop target will pop up, but never drop. No amount of heavy contact, from any side, will make it drop. In diagnostics mode, both drops go up and down as expected.

I replaced the springs on both targets, same issue persists. At this point, I just disabled both drop targets sadly, and don't use them.

Any suggestions?

#4330 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

OK, I finally just gave up on my Scoleri brothers drop targets. I bought the GB Pro still NIB, 2 weeks or so ago. Left drop target is fine, works as expected, right drop target will pop up, but never drop. No amount of heavy contact, from any side, will make it drop. In diagnostics mode, both drops go up and down as expected.
I replaced the springs on both targets, same issue persists. At this point, I just disabled both drop targets sadly, and don't use them.
Any suggestions?

the targets are designed to drop from a hit from the front, not from the sides or back, even if it happenes from time to time.
lift the playfield, inspect the targets and check out how they work.
im not sure if i understood it right. the target wont drop if you give it a hard shot from the front? this is a known issue, normaly easily fixed.
you can shorten your spring about 10 turns, this will make the target drop easier.
i have had the same problem solved this way.

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

the targets are designed to drop from a hit from the front, not from the sides or back, even if it happenes from time to time.
lift the playfield, inspect the targets and check out how they work.
im not sure if i understood it right. the target wont drop if you give it a hard shot from the front? this is a known issue, normaly easily fixed.
you can shorten your spring about 10 turns, this will make the target drop easier.
i have had the same problem solved this way.

Yes, frontal contact does nothing for the right target. Spring was shortened, and even replaced. Still the issue persists.

#4332 4 years ago

Finally got 1.71 in and tweaked everything again in my LE.

I am left with a question, which comes from poor memory.
I had used the Larger Flasher under the city between the Pops, to MOD a bunch of extra lighting.
I had errors and issues, (Node board messages of excessive voltage, after update) so I put it back to original.

Heres is what I dont remember. Does this Center light stay on Now, most all of the time, and flash in Pops?
My memory had it Not Lit all the time.

Thanks

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yes, frontal contact does nothing for the right target. Spring was shortened, and even replaced. Still the issue persists.

ah i see, in this case i would check out again whats wrong with the mechanics.
remove the balls(!) and lift the playfield.
now you can push up the plunger from the coil from one side and test the target with the other hand from the other side.
check out if the parts are moving free and if there is a jam. compare both targets.
there is a second small coil on each target to bring them down again, also check these out.
check all the connectors too.
take a look at the small plastic hook, which holds the target in the up position, this is a essential point.
try to understand how this all works together.

i wonder why it works in the test mode...
Drop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpgDrop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpg

#4334 4 years ago

Looking for some assistance with my GB Pro. When it's been recently powered up, the first few games the flippers lose power and drop dead when double flipped (hitting both flippers at once), lower playfield lights cut out as well. Single flips seem to be just fine. When the flippers lose power the lower lighting (I assume on the associated node) goes dark as well. They come back within a second and the lights strobe briefly as if it's just been booted up. After being powered on a few minutes, it seems that the issue goes away. I've tried re-seating some wires and connectors but without any improvement.

I have the capacitor on the Node 8 board from sterns service bulletin in place - not sure if that's relevant.

Here's a video of it occurring -

#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Looking for some assistance with my GB Pro. When it's been recently powered up, the first few games the flippers lose power and drop dead when double flipped (hitting both flippers at once), lower playfield lights cut out as well. Single flips seem to be just fine. When the flippers lose power the lower lighting (I assume on the associated node) goes dark as well.

This sounds like the flasher above the Library scoop is shorting out against the metal ball guide. Lift the plastic to get to the flasher board and put some electric tape over the led board.

#4336 4 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

This sounds like the flasher above the Library scoop is shorting out against the metal ball guide. Lift the plastic to get to the flasher board and put some electric tape over the led board.

here is a little guide

#4337 4 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

I did this a long time ago based on the Stern service bulletin with a strip of mylar. I'll check it out again in case it's come off or something, but I think since it only occurs when the machine is cold it's likely something else... Thanks for the tips though!

#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Im hoping to get help with a problem thats driving me crazy. After the ball goes through the pop bumbers and through the gate, there is a 50/50 chance the ball will go straight down the middle. Thanks!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Used to have this same issue...
Remove the screw holding the gate in place.
Position the gate so that the alignment tab is on the other side of the captive ball assembly
Reinsert the screw and tighten

Doing this will position the gate further into the orbit lane which in turn will force balls out of the pops into the guide rail about 99%. You still get the odd softly hit ball that misses both the gate and the ball guide, but it is much less frequent (if at all).

#4339 4 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and post their Node board version numbers from a GB Pro on code version 1.17. I want to confirm my values:

CPU - 1.0.3
CAB - 0.52.0
Node8 - 0.52.0
Node9 - 0.52.0

Thanks!

1 month later
#4340 4 years ago

Hey guys, just had my first real issue with GB.. of course within the first 10 minutes of having company over.

Says Node Board 9 Failure.

Could this be software related or am I in for buying a new node board?

#4341 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys, just had my first real issue with GB.. of course within the first 10 minutes of having company over.
Says Node Board 9 Failure.
Could this be software related or am I in for buying a new node board?

First, were the Service bulletin upgrades already done on this machine? If not, vibration can cause this failure:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB189.pdf
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Stern-SB190revB.pdf

Second, check the connections to the board first, both two and from.

#4342 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, was the Service bulletin upgrades already done on this machine? If not, vibration can cause this failure:

Thank you!. I just checked again and its saying that Node Board 9 is not found... So perhaps something came loose.

I appreciate the help on this.

#4343 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, was the Service bulletin upgrades already done on this machine? If not, vibration can cause this failure:

Do you know where someone who is not in the business can obtain these tech bulletins for ghostbusters? I like to have all the tech docs available prior to having the issue.
Stern only shows 4 tech bulletins for GB on its site. Surely there must have been more.

#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Do you know where someone who is not in the business can obtain these tech bulletins for ghostbusters? I like to have all the tech docs available prior to having the issue.
Stern only shows 4 tech bulletins for GB on its site. Surely there must have been more.

Pretty sure Stern posts the ones that matter to their website. The "advisory" level ones about transitory issues are communicated to their distributors.

#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thank you!. I just checked again and its saying that Node Board 9 is not found... So perhaps something came loose.

Quoted from Rager170:

You will get this message if someone does the wrong upgrade, like using the premium upgrade on the pro. If this happens just run the proper upgrade.

#4346 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

You will get this message if someone does the wrong upgrade, like using the premium upgrade on the pro. If this happens just run the proper upgrade.

I dont think thats it as it wasnt a problem after i originally updated the system.

#4347 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

First, were the Service bulletin upgrades already done on this machine? If not, vibration can cause this failure:

And yes, I did have these already done to my machine. I guess its time to contact Stern...

#4348 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And yes, I did have these already done to my machine. I guess its time to contact Stern...

Actually, im an idiot lol. I had the parts for service and I never installed them!!! ugghh

#4349 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Actually, im an idiot lol. I had the parts for service and I never installed them!!! ugghh

It's possible, then, that the diode has come loose from the node board from vibration, cutting off power. Stern can help you diagnose.

#4350 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It possible, then, that the diode has come loose from the node board from vibration, cutting off power. Stern can help you diagnose.

Yes, it is definitely loose. I checked it. It feels like its about to break off. It was leaning really far over when I spotted it last night and when I bent it back with intentions of putting the spacer in, it felt like it was going to break off...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.