main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 91.
#4251 5 years ago

New to hobby
I purchase a HUO GB premium I notice my flipper feel sloppy or better said they dont feel like responsive/crips when I push the flipper buttons is there a way to adjust or do I have to do a flipper rebuild? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

#4252 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

New to hobby
I purchase a HUO GB premium I notice my flipper feel sloppy or better said they dont feel like responsive/crips when I push the flipper buttons is there a way to adjust or do I have to do a flipper rebuild? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Hard to say remotely, but here's two things to try:

You can look at the gap of the switches at the flipper buttons on the inside of the cabinet. It may just be that you have to press too much before the switches make contact and the flipper responds, making it feel sloppy. That's an easy fix - just adjust the switch closer to the flipper button end by bending it slightly.

Another thing to check is the coil stops. Take off the coil stops and see if they're mushed that's one of the first things that goes with heavy play and will let you know if you should do a full rebuild of the flippers.

#4253 5 years ago

Anyone had any of their GB node boards blow?

#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hard to say remotely, but here's two things to try:
You can look at the gap of the switches at the flipper buttons on the inside of the cabinet. It may just be that you have to press too much before the switches make contact and the flipper responds, making it feel sloppy. That's an easy fix - just adjust the switch closer to the flipper button end by bending it slightly.
Another thing to check is the coil stops. Take off the coil stops and see if they're mushed that's one of the first things that goes with heavy play and will let you know if you should do a full rebuild of the flippers.

Ok thank you..I'll check it out, is there any instructions how to do a flipper rebuild on GB I case I need to? I own a monster bash remake and the flippers feel really crisp and responsive.

#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Yes, my node 8 I think, in the center of the playfield blow. Had a ball in the shooter lane, left the pin for 20 minutes, returned and the board was blown. So without any active play. A bit strange.

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

As long as you do the two service bulletin updates they're pretty stable.

#4257 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Ok thank you..I'll check it out, is there any instructions how to do a flipper rebuild on GB I case I need to? I own a monster bash remake and the flippers feel really crisp and responsive.

You can just get a kit from Marco that has all the parts you need for both sides:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SFLKIT

It's pretty self-explanatory. Take one side apart and use the flipper on the other side that's still assembled for reference.

Try adjusting the flipper switches first, though. Much cheaper solution.

1 week later
#4258 5 years ago

Wow - wasn't even familiar with the service bulletins - going to check into that -

Separate issue - has anyone reported a bug where the machine acts like a ball was drained when going into the big ramp/into the right bucket for eject? It seems like it went into an area under the table, and never actually made it into the bucket. I was playing and hit the ramp, it triggered the score count/bonus review, and started the next ball. Then when the finished the last ball, it moved the ball into the bucket and ejected (like a standard ball search post game over)

wierd.. running the modified ver 1.13 w/custom music/audio.

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As long as you do the two service bulletin updates they're pretty stable.

Hmm I’m not so sure about that. At least 5 machines (GOTG, GB x 2, BM66 x 2) I know off all have the service updates and a mix of 8, 9 and 10 boards, so not so sure on the service update making them stable....

#4260 5 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Hmm I’m not so sure about that. At least 5 machines (GOTG, GB x 2, BM66 x 2) I know off all have the service updates and a mix of 8, 9 and 10 boards, so not so sure on the service update making them stable....

Must be pretty rare or there'd be a lot more outcry here. There are quite a few spike out on the route I help with and none have blown node boards.

#4261 5 years ago

My GB Prem has been on route for 2+ years. I have done the S/B and have not had one problem with Node boards.

1 month later
#4262 5 years ago

Dang...my Airball protector broke! Thing was working great..but it's just a piece of plastic...was having a great game too...

as far as I can tell the original seller is out of stock. **UPDATE vendor indicated they will have in stock next week**

Can anyone recommend a replacement or current best method to address the left lane airballs?

Thanks!

IMG-2822 (resized).JPGIMG-2822 (resized).JPG

#4263 5 years ago

Does swinks still sell his air ball mod? I have it on my game, works great and no big plastic shield to look at.

#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Does swinks still sell his air ball mod? I have it on my game, works great and no big plastic shield to look at.

yes these will always be available Shapeways operates, check out the link brandonx76

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

people have also been using on a few targets on Munsters with success as well.

#4265 5 years ago

Wow swinks, that's pretty cool...i'm a little confused on the installation although it will probably make sense as I install..do you happen to have a video showing the install?

Also, I see you have different colors etc, but is this part even visible on the playfield?

Thanks,

#4266 5 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Wow swinks, that's pretty cool...i'm a little confused on the installation although it will probably make sense as I install..do you happen to have a video showing the install?
Also, I see you have different colors etc, but is this part even visible on the playfield?
Thanks,

sorry no video, did you check out the 7-8 photos on that strip as the others show underneath the playfield.

basically the bracket replaces the existing but raises the target 2mm and tilts it forward 5 degrees, it will make sense when you lift the playfield and dis-assemble and then re-assemble the target with the new bracket.

as for different colours, just different metal finish options, some people want them to look like there other brackets but the cheapest is fine and no it isn't visible from the top

#4267 5 years ago

ok cool, ordering right away. It's time to try these out. Thanks for referrals and followup all!

#4268 5 years ago

If you need some strong protectors made from pet-g instead of acrylic (that typically break) - let me know!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2

And they cut out 100% of airballs!

Plus you can mount toys - figures on them like the Ecto car. And no need to lift your playfield and mess with brackets.

#4269 5 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Dang...my Airball protector broke! Thing was working great..but it's just a piece of plastic...was having a great game too...
as far as I can tell the original seller is out of stock. **UPDATE vendor indicated they will have in stock next week**
Can anyone recommend a replacement or current best method to address the left lane airballs?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Forget the plastic covers and just get two of the swinks target brackets he sells on shapeways. Work great to cut airballs by like 90% and no big plastic hanging over your playfield.

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

If you need some strong protectors made from pet-g instead of acrylic (that typically break) - let me know!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2
And they cut out 100% of airballs!
Plus you can mount toys - figures on them like the Ecto car. And no need to lift your playfield and mess with brackets.

6DA48780-82A8-4675-95B4-7902BA8778CC (resized).png6DA48780-82A8-4675-95B4-7902BA8778CC (resized).png8DCCC08F-C9F3-4776-87FA-1565BD0A7E06 (resized).png8DCCC08F-C9F3-4776-87FA-1565BD0A7E06 (resized).png48536763-61BC-476A-89B6-32BD0DF8A065 (resized).png48536763-61BC-476A-89B6-32BD0DF8A065 (resized).pngF4F38BCD-A32C-45A3-9665-FB994AB9A2DF (resized).pngF4F38BCD-A32C-45A3-9665-FB994AB9A2DF (resized).png
2 weeks later
#4271 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Forget the plastic covers and just get two of the swinks target brackets he sells on shapeways. Work great to cut airballs by like 90% and no big plastic hanging over your playfield.

Yeah, just installed them...very minor rebound this time, pretty cool actually. Definitely no glass or side of playfield wall hits...man I cannot believe they ship the factory GB like that.

On the swink install, was a little concerning getting the left target bracket installed working around the black-light board, but was able to work around it with some patience. anyway Love the swink fix!!

#4272 4 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

Yes 4 months in. Smh

#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Yeah, just installed them...very minor rebound this time, pretty cool actually. Definitely no glass or side of playfield wall hits...man I cannot believe they ship the factory GB like that.
On the swink install, was a little concerning getting the left target bracket installed working around the black-light board, but was able to work around it with some patience. anyway Love the swink fix!!

glad they worked and understand the nerves in lifting the light board but all good, thanks for the support in trying

#4274 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

glad they worked and understand the nerves in lifting the light board but all good, thanks for the support in trying

Yeah a little, but worked through it -

I have to clarify / say that I still have some rebound - the left target still fly's a ball to the far left wall...it's livable and it slides down. Nothing's hitting the glass tho - or going into a place where you need to lift the glass to correct/fix. Assume that's normal.

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Yeah a little, but worked through it -
I have to clarify / say that I still have some rebound - the left target still fly's a ball to the far left wall...it's livable and it slides down. Nothing's hitting the glass tho - or going into a place where you need to lift the glass to correct/fix. Assume that's normal.

Yes that is normally as the big air balls are due to stern target design change where my approach returned the targets to a 90’s Bally Williams type lifting up and adding angle. Unfortunately the pan angle of the target still contributes to a few smaller air ball’s if you glance the side with some power / speed.

#4276 4 years ago

Just got a GB Premium a week ago and loving the hell out of it. Question about Ecto Goggles. How often is there a ghost on the screen? I seem to remember when I first got it, there was always something going on on the screen. Now it seems like it's blank more than it used to be. Don't get me wrong, ghosts still appear on it. But not as many as it used to. Could just be my mind playing tricks.

1 week later
#4277 4 years ago

Eliminate ALL those airballs with plastic protectors: (almost sold out get a set for left ramp and the right orbit shot before they are gone!!!)

92D91AC8-D6C6-4C4E-8E2C-FBF235382086 (resized).jpeg92D91AC8-D6C6-4C4E-8E2C-FBF235382086 (resized).jpegD755517E-8FF3-4737-B67A-0B57ABDD3753 (resized).jpegD755517E-8FF3-4737-B67A-0B57ABDD3753 (resized).jpegD7D513B2-3A01-49F6-A043-674AFCA1741C (resized).jpegD7D513B2-3A01-49F6-A043-674AFCA1741C (resized).jpeg

#4279 4 years ago

This is a better solution

Screenshot_20190519-012531 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190519-012531 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190519-012613 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190519-012613 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190519-012702 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190519-012702 (resized).png
#4280 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

This is a better solution
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sold 100’s of mine and it takes care of airballs. Mine also works with Mezel mod Stay Puft motorized mod.

No doubt yours covers the whole area - wow - what we call overkill.

#4281 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Yes that is normally as the big air balls are due to stern target design change where my approach returned the targets to a 90’s Bally Williams type lifting up and adding angle. Unfortunately the pan angle of the target still contributes to a few smaller air ball’s if you glance the side with some power / speed.

Just a follow-up folks - stop all airballs!

83D1A2B8-9C81-46DB-8980-366210302BC3 (resized).jpeg83D1A2B8-9C81-46DB-8980-366210302BC3 (resized).jpeg
#4282 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just a follow-up folks - stop all airballs! 4d0c37446c68d18903c879530b9f3fc15b6d11b5 (resized).jpeg4d0c37446c68d18903c879530b9f3fc15b6d11b5 (resized).jpeg

so you just wanted to share publicly that yours are better than mine, I am happy for you but a bit of poor form, and wonder if Brandon approved the comments to go up on pinside.

Just so others know the airballs come from the design of the targets and the cpr9999 option is an airball "retainer" as it is just keeping the airballs down and these should be made out of PETG instead of acrylic so they don't crack, as airballs will just now impact the retainer and the retainer will crack in time. Not very clear if these are acrylic or PETG and no mention of “these will not crack”

sorry brandonx76 that the brackets did not work to your expectation, I highly doubt the stainless wall / guide will break and crack over time, though putting a retainer on will still let the ball hit the side just a little higher.

#4283 4 years ago

Hey...not sure why my PM was posted here...cpr999 - if you wanted a review, I would have happily posted.

For full disclosure / clarity / posterity - -

Just want to go on record saying - I think both solutions have their place. I like the Swink targets (And I'm actually going to keep them in my system). However, I did still mention some airballs occurred.

Here's where I noticed the airballs still occurring post Swinks install.(see attached) (Note: this isn't my playfield, just referenced for example) The 'plastic' box area I was concerned about getting hit and the target that triggered some extra bounce is highlighted. Airballs came down at least 80%... But I have to say, while the airball protector from cpr999 is a great solution (and definitely better than the thin plastic airbal protector others have sold) - - I could be a bit 'ocd' about this.

And speaking of OCD, some folks may not like having an acrylic/plastic guards on the playfield.

The swinks target is definitely a viable solution that addresses the critical airballs.

If you're on the fence and don't mind performing the install, my recommendation is to weigh the options and try both. I am happy with cpr999's solution, but I also appreciate the work that went into both solutions and I can see why someone may prefer either type of solution.
playfield (resized).pngplayfield (resized).png

#4284 4 years ago

wow poor form cpr9999

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Just got a GB Premium a week ago and loving the hell out of it. Question about Ecto Goggles. How often is there a ghost on the screen? I seem to remember when I first got it, there was always something going on on the screen. Now it seems like it's blank more than it used to be. Don't get me wrong, ghosts still appear on it. But not as many as it used to. Could just be my mind playing tricks.

This is normal - often no ghosts at first. I thought the same thing too for awhile...it's all good. Enjoy your game!!

#4286 4 years ago

I have tried every brand/user made GB airball design, except for Olaa's design (not sure if you have stay puff mod), nothing stops airballs or issues with shooter lane or right orbit issues.

The game itself has some bad design elements.

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

I have tried every brand/user made GB airball design, except for Olaa's design (not sure if you have stay puff mod), nothing stops airballs or issues with shooter lane or right orbit issues.

I'm pretty happy with cpr9999's airball protector...its as good as the previous plastic piece I had in place, but is a thicker cut (I think acrylic) so it should last longer. Game plays perfectly now IMHO... I'm still having occasional orbit issues, but that's a separate subject and for me, may have to do with a modification that was done by the previous owner of the game where he bent some of the metal guide/bracket near Stay Puft leading into the orbit. I may correct that and then be able to speak about cpr9999's orbit protector more fully.

#4288 4 years ago

I have tried all options and personally like Swinks target option, works fantastic for me and is a cleaner look than the airball protector. Just my 2 cents .

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

so you just wanted to share publicly that yours are better than mine, I am happy for you but a bit of poor form, and wonder if Brandon approved the comments to go up on pinside.
Just so others know the airballs come from the design of the targets and the cpr9999 option is an airball "retainer" as it is just keeping the airballs down and these should be made out of PETG instead of acrylic so they don't crack, as airballs will just now impact the retainer and the retainer will crack in time. Not very clear if these are acrylic or PETG and no mention of “these will not crack”
sorry brandonx76 that the brackets did not work to your expectation, I highly doubt the stainless wall / guide will break and crack over time, though putting a retainer on will still let the ball hit the side just a little higher.

Not stating either solution is better.

Both have plus / minus the way I see.

1. One solution requires installing protector - some think ugly looking, some think good, some mount a mod on it. But it does stop all airballs.

2. Another solution modified targets which Stern should have done in the first place. Looks cleaner solution, but does not stop 100% of airballs.

Really it is a personal preference on what your goal is.

I just wanted people to get the full story, not part of the picture- not intended to day one solution is better. Let people here the whole story and make up their mind on best solution.

FYI, my airballs are made of Pet-G, not acrylic. They will be the last one you install! (Years ago I used acrylic- they break over time).

#4290 4 years ago

Just buy a whole sheet of pet-g plastic and make it yourself, it cut easy with scissors and fine tune it with a dremel.

#4291 4 years ago

Here you have a template, you can adjust it.

DSC_0026 (resized).JPGDSC_0026 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#4292 4 years ago

I tried to make a copy of my SD Card today. When I inserted the card into the machine I could only see the Stern logo.
Has Stern place some copy write protection on them now. My game was made in 2018 and came with the V1.13.0 update.
I even used two different type of SD cards and both only showed the Stern Logo.

#4293 4 years ago
Quoted from acep51:

I tried to make a copy of my SD Card today. When I inserted the card into the machine I could only see the Stern logo.
Has Stern place some copy write protection on them now. My game was made in 2018 and came with the V1.13.0 update.

Well I can't help you with that. But since Stern does allow us to create our own SD Card images. I don't see a reason for saving a copy. Just follow their instructions. https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Hope this does help you.

#4294 4 years ago
Quoted from acep51:

Are you using Win32 Disk Imager for SD cards? I use it for my Retropie backups, makes a full image plug and play.

#4295 4 years ago

I'm using Ugreen card reader with the HDD raw copy tool. I also used two different SD cards, Transcend 16GB and a Kingston 16Gb. The information the HDD copy tool showed while transferring was,8068.79 MB.

#4296 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Are you using Win32 Disk Imager for SD cards? I use it for my Retropie backups, makes a full image plug and play.

I just tried the Win32 Disk Imager and I get the same thing on the machine, Sterns logo.

#4297 4 years ago

STERN,we need a new code update,PLEASE!!!!!

#4298 4 years ago

Does anyone out there know if and if you can make a SD Card copy will the information on it contain all the personalized( balls, high score to date, etc.) settings made by me to the game?

#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from acep51:

I'm using Ugreen card reader with the HDD raw copy tool. I also used two different SD cards, Transcend 16GB and a Kingston 16Gb. The information the HDD copy tool showed while transferring was,8068.79 MB.

Whats the size of the file image vs the size of the SD card, i have found that both kingston and Transcend have smaller capacity than a full image scandisk i will never in my life again buy either of those brands, in fact retropie kits stopped using them.

You dont want to copy it, you want a image, basically a clone.

#4300 4 years ago

double post sorry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/86?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.