main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 91.
#4151 5 years ago

Well, reseating the connector didn't work and I can no longer activate the flipper by pushing on the wires. I'm starting to think that this might be a node board issue. I'll try the jumper thing as soon as I get a chance.

#4152 5 years ago

The jumper activates the flipper perfectly. It has to be the wire connected to pin #3 that isn't connecting properly, since the ground is shared and the left flipper works fine (***Edit*** That's not true, since there are two wires, right?).

I don't actually own a multimeter and I'm not sure what to do at this point, since the solder points at the button look fine and the wire seems to be properly seated in the 8-pin connector. Would you guys start with the connector? Some guidance about how to proceed would be much appreciated.

#4153 5 years ago

You need a multimeter to check continuity. Other than that, vireland asked you a while ago for pictures?

Sounds like if you were "pushing" on the wires to the connector and it was working then that's where your problem is. Also take a pic of that connector.

#4154 5 years ago

I watched a Youtube video to figure out how to safely pull the wires out from the connector. Then I tested the ground and switch, holding them right up against the pins and voila, it worked! It looks like the switch wire lost some metal at some point. It's just not enough metal to properly connect to the switch pin, if that makes sense. I'm on my desktop right now or I would post pictures. Sorry about that. But I want to say a big thank you to you guys for helping me out with this problem.

One more question, regarding the dead pixel, is that indicative that the life of the DMD may be coming to an end? I bought the pin direct from a local distributor about a year and a half ago. Is there a standard warranty on these types of parts? Just asking to see what you guys know before I call.

#4155 5 years ago
Quoted from KenToad:

I watched a Youtube video to figure out how to safely pull the wires out from the connector. Then I tested the ground and switch, holding them right up against the pins and voila, it worked! It looks like the switch wire lost some metal at some point. It's just not enough metal to properly connect to the switch pin, if that makes sense. I'm on my desktop right now or I would post pictures. Sorry about that. But I want to say a big thank you to you guys for helping me out with this problem.
One more question, regarding the dead pixel, is that indicative that the life of the DMD may be coming to an end? I bought the pin direct from a local distributor about a year and a half ago. Is there a standard warranty on these types of parts? Just asking to see what you guys know before I call.

They had a problem with some of those displays and were extending the warranty, but I think 18 months is too far gone to get it covered. Never hurts to ask, though.

Good news is, you can get a never-used replacement for about $80 shipped that's essentially a brand-new pull from someone that put a ColorDMD in their machine. Check the marketplace. Less than half the price of new.

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Now here is a comparison of the bent Stern one (left) next to Cliff's beefier one (on the right). And a pic of Cliff's installed. Hopefully his will last longer without bending.
Thanks Cliff!!
Junky

[quoted image][quoted image]

My Stern protector on left had the right side of the metal that goes down the right side of the scoop broke off, now showing bare wood.

I looked at Cliffy's website and didn't see a replacement for my GB Premium

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

My Stern protector on left had the right side of the metal that goes down the right side of the scoop broke off, now showing bare wood.
I looked at Cliffy's website and didn't see a replacement for my GB Premium

Send Cliff an email asking for what you want. Sometimes he has stuff available (or will make it) even though not listed on the website.

#4158 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So installed my Swinks brackets the other day. And had plenty of shots ( bricks mostly ) to the stand ups. Not even a hop from the ball ! Trust in Swinks. Put those brackets in and get that ugly piece of plastic out ! Best "mod" you can buy.

so Swinks instead of Marco's 515-7581-04 target used on WOF? Someone mentioned they use this target replacement with success. I'd like to get rid of my airball protector which broke on the left side to eliminate airballs.

Thx, Tony

#4159 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

How long have you owned your machine? If it is only getting 30 plays a month there should be no reason to shop that game out. Its hardly being used. I typically wipe down and wax my playfields once a month but I am putting about 200 plays on mine a month. I would not mess with a flipper rebuild until your machine has about 5,000 or so plays or when you feel like the flippers are getting weak. At the rate you are playing your game, you shouldn't have to change the flippers for a long long time. I would inspect your rubbers for any wear and tear but again with the low plays you have your rubbers should be in tip top shape. I would just wipe down the playfield and the components on the playfield and play the crap out of it. Have fun!
Regarding the balls, I am not sure what I use for mine for my wife just orders them. I believe the manual suggests to replace the balls every 2,000 plays so I would just inspect the balls you have and if there are no scuffs or craters in them you are good to go.

Thanks - I took your advice and played alot over the weekend.

I'm not sure if there's another audit, but I have over 3,360 plays(below) (think that's per ball, so 3 balls per game). Since I did a software update shortly after I purchased, there's more that aren't counted...So maybe I have a bit more than 30 games a month, heh. The guy I bought from said he had about 500 plays on it, but had reset the software a few times to mod the music etc.

I'm not really noticing any play issues, since I've addressed the minor issues I've talked about here (drop target, and bucket detection)... so I was just looking more for general guidance on what rubbers to replace. Is there a standard rubber kit GB?

I should do the wax too, I know there's some opinions out there, but any suggestions for this game appreciated. Playfield was swapped out by Stern due to ghosting issue, so this should be 'ok'. There is a signature from JT on it

The balls definitely look like they are potential candidates. still Curious if anyone had an opinion on regular vs superglossy pinballs. That's great that your better half helps you take care of your machine(s). I scare mine when I open the playfield

IMG_0132 (resized).jpgIMG_0132 (resized).jpg
#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

so Swinks instead of Marco's 515-7581-04 target used on WOF? Someone mentioned they use this target replacement with success. I'd like to get rid of my airball protector which broke on the left side to eliminate airballs.
Thx, Tony

Hi Tony (@3pinballs)

That marco part is pretty much the same as what is in the game, the issue lays with the bracket connecting the target to the playfield

Check out the link - 3rd one along

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

the wedges are cheaper but not as effective as the height of the target is a contributing factor that the wedges do not solve.

Basically my theory is that Stern changed the target design so it wouldn't roll side to side with a built in splint keeping the target vertical but cheapened out on the angle of the bracket going vertical and lowering it as well. This will not 100% remove air balls as the other factor is the pan angle of the hole machined in the playfield as a glancing blow to the side of the target will still create the odd hop but for me and many others greatly reduced air balls overall.

cheers

Jady

#4161 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Hi Tony (3pinballs)
That marco part is pretty much the same as what is in the game, the issue lays with the bracket connecting the target to the playfield
Check out the link - 3rd one along
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest
the wedges are cheaper but not as effective as the height of the target is a contributing factor that the wedges do not solve.
Basically my theory is that Stern changed the target design so it wouldn't roll side to side with a built in splint keeping the target vertical but cheapened out on the angle of the bracket going vertical and lowering it as well. This will not 100% remove air balls as the other factor is the pan angle of the hole machined in the playfield as a glancing blow to the side of the target will still create the odd hop but for me and many others greatly reduced air balls overall.
cheers
Jady

Thx Jady.....so with your brackets I can just toss out the airball protector then?

#4162 5 years ago

I just installed the shapeways brackets on my GBLE today and they work as advertised. I had put dead drop foam on the targets which helps, but these are much more effective. Fairly easy to put in. Hard to believe something this simple makes such a big difference.

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

I just installed the shapeways brackets on my GBLE today and they work as advertised. I had put dead drop foam on the targets which helps, but these are much more effective. Fairly easy to put in. Hard to believe something this simple makes such a big difference.

Great to hear and thanks for the feedback

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Thx Jady.....so with your brackets I can just toss out the airball protector then?

I never had the air all protectors on a game so for you it is a personal choice, try the brackets and go from there

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Thanks - I took your advice and played alot over the weekend.
I'm not sure if there's another audit, but I have over 3,360 plays(below) (think that's per ball, so 3 balls per game). Since I did a software update shortly after I purchased, there's more that aren't counted...So maybe I have a bit more than 30 games a month, heh. The guy I bought from said he had about 500 plays on it, but had reset the software a few times to mod the music etc.
I'm not really noticing any play issues, since I've addressed the minor issues I've talked about here (drop target, and bucket detection)... so I was just looking more for general guidance on what rubbers to replace. Is there a standard rubber kit GB?
I should do the wax too, I know there's some opinions out there, but any suggestions for this game appreciated. Playfield was swapped out by Stern due to ghosting issue, so this should be 'ok'. There is a signature from JT on it
The balls definitely look like they are potential candidates. still Curious if anyone had an opinion on regular vs superglossy pinballs. That's great that your better half helps you take care of your machine(s). I scare mine when I open the playfield [quoted image]

Not sure on the rubbers but you can look in the manual and it will tell you what sizes you need. I would just search the various pinball part vendors to see what they have in stock. Again, I wouldn't go thru all the hassle of changing the rubbers unless you see them worn out and starting to tear. For waxing your playfield just use very little and make sure you don't leave any on any plastic posts or rubbers. There are a ton of forum topics on this and videos on how to properly wax your playfield. I had a playfield swap as well due to ghosting. Stern sent me an LE playfield even though I had a premium. Unfortunately this new playfield is ghosting as well....

#4165 5 years ago

Hi everyone

I have a ghostbusters pro, and my right sling does not work,
I tested the coil and it responds.
but the right sling switch does not.
I also looked under the playfiled and made sure all the wires and all connected... and all looks fine.

has this happen to anyone? and is there a solution?

thanks

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Hi everyone
I have a ghostbusters pro, and my right sling does not work,
I tested the coil and it responds.
but the right sling switch does not.
I also looked under the playfiled and made sure all the wires and all connected... and all looks fine.
has this happen to anyone? and is there a solution?
thanks

I'm no pro, but check the gap of the leaf switch behind the rubber. Make sure the rubber isn't so tight against the metal that there is no gap.

#4167 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm no pro, but check the gap of the leaf switch behind the rubber. Make sure the rubber isn't so tight against the metal that there is no gap.

Dude your the man... it's the darn rubber!!! thanks for the help yzfguy!

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

Dude your the man... it's the darn rubber!!! thanks for the help yzfguy!

Awesome!

#4169 5 years ago

anybody have a stern topper they want to sell? PM me

2 weeks later
#4170 5 years ago

Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

1 month later
#4171 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link for the hex spacer post for the right ramp on the premium?

#4172 5 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Does anyone have a link for the hex spacer post for the right ramp on the premium?

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-1-78-6-32-thread-femalefemale.html

Metal Hex Spacers 1/4" - 2-1/4" Long (Female/Female)
Options:
Choose a Length : 1-5/8"

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-1-78-6-32-thread-femalefemale.html
Metal Hex Spacers 1/4" - 2-1/4" Long (Female/Female)
Options:
Choose a Length : 1-5/8"

Thanks, really appreciate it!

#4174 5 years ago

I have a question on ghostbuster. My machine when you shoot ball off it comes around top loop to the flippers but it seem to get hung up. Ive looked at gates at the top they dont see to be issue. Any ideas thanks.

#4175 5 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I have a question on ghostbuster. My machine when you shoot ball off it comes around top loop to the flippers but it seem to get hung up. Ive looked at gates at the top they dont see to be issue. Any ideas thanks.

Where does it hang up?
Mid don’t know put your camera phone on slo motion recording to find the trouble area- then fix.

#4176 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Had my machine now for about 3 weeks. The Slimer mech would only count shots that were straight on for the most part and that wasn't bad. Last night for some reason, it wasn't even registering those. It had to be the perfect shot. I took off the top cover plate on Slimer, loosened the 2 nuts under it, moved the black block to the middle of the ovaled out holes, tightened the nuts to hold it in place, and installed the cover back on. It loosened up Slimer and now it registers pretty much any hit on Slimer. Thought I would share in case anybody else has this problem. Mine was a NIB purchase, so it has the updated Slimer mech on it.

I had the same problem. I always fiddle around with the slimer mech. It's either too responsive and registers even when the shaker goes off or it only registers direct, perfect hit. At the moment it's fine. Fingers crossed...

#4177 5 years ago

It jumps right before i goes behind staypuff. Then it loose speed before it comes to flippers. Its catching on something.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

It jumps right before i goes behind staypuff. Then it loose speed before it comes to flippers. Its catching on something.

Check this post and see if looks like your issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/21#post-3294635

Mine is doing something similar (just got it last weekend), so I need to do more investigation myself, but I think I'm having the same issue and the post I linked above.

#4179 5 years ago

Thats it thank you

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Thats it thank you

There's been much discussion about that since that 2 year old post.

You could try swapping out the shooter spring (orange for green) or get one of these protectors from this post...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/112#post-4706192

#4183 5 years ago

So my left Scolari brother won't stay up, i'm assuming the crappy plastic shelf that i've read about broke. I've seen some people fab something up themselves but i'm guessing at this point a beefier part is available somewhere, just looking for a little direction.

Thanks.

#4184 5 years ago

I posted a thread a few weeks ago with no response, Ive searched and talked to stern, no results. I have GB pro, my midnight madness does not work, yes its turned on at feature option 45, Ive tried it many many times, clock is set and working.. but still never works.. any ideas?

#4185 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I posted a thread a few weeks ago with no response, Ive searched and talked to stern, no results. I have GB pro, my midnight madness does not work, yes its turned on at feature option 45, Ive tried it many many times, clock is set and working.. but still never works.. any ideas?

What is this?

#4186 5 years ago

I set mine to go off at 8:00 P.M., since I will never stay up till midnight to play it, and it works. Did you try setting the clock/time forward a few hours or so to see if it works?

#4187 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Try setting your clock now to 11:55pm and start playing and see what happens.

Every time mine never worked it was because the clock was off usually because of daylight savings or getting a little out of sync over time.

#4188 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Try setting your clock now to 11:55pm and start playing and see what happens.
Every time mine never worked it was because the clock was off usually because of daylight savings or getting a little out of sync over time.

Yes, ive tried it 10+ times, setting clock to 11:58 PM and starting games and still nothing, I even tried setting it to 11:58AM just in case it was switched somehow and still nothing.. Im running latest code, and feature #45 is turned on for it.. but just never works.

#4189 5 years ago

cpr9999 Midnight madness, a few Stern and williams games had a setting that if you were playing the game at Midnight, it would go dark, start a crazy multi ball mode, and do all kinds of weird stuff. Game of Thrones, Dirty harry, Congo, Who dun it, Ghost Busters, and a few others

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Try setting it more than 5 mins before playing. Set it like an hour ahead of time or try it the next day even and also make sure you are choosing am instead of pm, which im sure you have done but just sayin. Ive set mine like 5 minutes ahead and then started playing and it didnt work, i dont know why but it didnt.

#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Try setting it more than 5 mins before playing. Set it like an hour ahead of time or try it the next day even and also make sure you are choosing am instead of pm, which im sure you have done but just sayin. Ive set mine like 5 minutes ahead and then started playing and it didnt work, i dont know why but it didnt.

not sure what you mean by "choosing" Am instead of PM .. Ive been setting to 11:50PM or 11:55PM etc..

#4192 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, I would set my time to 5-10 minutes before midnight and start playing, but nothing would happen. The next day it would work. Seems like it needs 24 hours after setting clock to work. That's if i remember correctly, it's been awhile.

#4193 5 years ago

Has anyone had the issue where Slimer doesn't lift at all while in play on a pro machine? Its causing the ball to get stuck behind him all of the time. Here's a link to a video of it:

Sorry if this has been asked, I've tried to sift through this site and others and can't find this specific problem.

1 week later
#4194 5 years ago
Quoted from Rydhia:

Has anyone had the issue where Slimer doesn't lift at all while in play on a pro machine? Its causing the ball to get stuck behind him all of the time. Here's a link to a video of it:

Sorry if this has been asked, I've tried to sift through this site and others and can't find this specific problem.

Looks like it's bound and can't lift up - you can see it hopping, but not going up. Does it work in test mode? I'd check the motor assembly and see if it has a stripped gear OR the switches are saying it's home when it's not. The Pro version assembly is pictured in the manual on page 46.

#4195 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Are you sure you haven't enabled tournament mode?

#4196 5 years ago

Few left ramp and right orbit protectors left:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1#post-4750794

1B9EDA6D-FA86-49D8-85FB-9332D3E90A01 (resized).png1B9EDA6D-FA86-49D8-85FB-9332D3E90A01 (resized).png983334A3-DACC-4788-B61E-4ADBD0A4F5E2 (resized).png983334A3-DACC-4788-B61E-4ADBD0A4F5E2 (resized).pngB4E86EFC-72CC-4B4E-863F-198E4131EB27 (resized).pngB4E86EFC-72CC-4B4E-863F-198E4131EB27 (resized).png
#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

So my left Scolari brother won't stay up, i'm assuming the crappy plastic shelf that i've read about broke. I've seen some people fab something up themselves but i'm guessing at this point a beefier part is available somewhere, just looking for a little direction.
Thanks.

Mine broke too. Pinball life sells the same presumably "crappy" plastic shelf for about $2.50. I thought about making it out of a thin piece of metal, but figured this is a pretty cheap piece and I order from Pinball Life all the time. Does seem odd to make this piece out of plastic.

2 weeks later
#4198 5 years ago

Where can I get the leaf switch for the ghost target on a ghost buster pro. this is the part number in the manual and can't seem to find one 515-9784-00-00
Thanks

#4199 5 years ago

Just received my NIB Ghostbusters and enjoying it thoroughly.

Im having a problem where the balls keep getting stuck in any of the pke 3 rollover lanes. The ball gets stuck right after the sensor at the bottom part. It happens fairly often (30% of games) and I have to shake it to set it free. Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve?

#4200 5 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Im having a problem where the balls keep getting stuck in any of the pke 3 rollover lanes. The ball gets stuck right after the sensor at the bottom part. It happens fairly often (30% of games) and I have to shake it to set it free. Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve?

I'm not sure what's going on. Can you post a photo of the area where the ball is getting stuck? I'm guessing the ball may be getting stuck between the two post rubbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/84?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.