main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 91.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I was able to remove all the nuts and screws holding down the plastic and the storage container, then lift slightly and rotate the plastic counter-clockwise around the subway ramp. It pretty easily worked its way out and I could get to those posts with no problem.

Thank you very much. Did what you suggested and was too easy. All done and happy with the result. Thanks again

#4052 5 years ago

I need a hand adjusting the scoop on the right side of the playfield when the ball pops out and immediately drains any help is welcomed thank you.
Chris

13AB20DE-3A78-424E-8E2A-8309F49962DE (resized).jpeg13AB20DE-3A78-424E-8E2A-8309F49962DE (resized).jpeg
#4053 5 years ago

Nice the yellow color of the ramp !
Can you post pictures from the board to see the rendering ?

#4054 5 years ago

Hello. quick question : Anyone could tell me how many switches are suppose to be ACTIVE (close) when we are looking into DIAG=>SWITCH=>SWITCH ACTIVE TEST? and which one...

Thanks a lot!

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I need a hand adjusting the scoop on the right side of the playfield when the ball pops out and immediately drains any help is welcomed thank you.

Have you tried adjusting the strength of the coil in the menu?

#4056 5 years ago

‭I have not, any suggestions ? It’s getting better as I messed with it a bit. Game is a blast to play when it doesn’t drain.

#4057 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

In the switch test menu, when I press the LEFT flip, after the machine gunning, i release the button and it says RIGHT flip EOS.
I check all connectors on this board and everything is correctly insert.
I am not an expert so I am asking in this great community to get some solutions for him

I am not an expert at debugging spike, but I would suspect I dead node board (shorted), or a diode problem somewhere.

What I would do is try to isolate the problem. Disconnect things from the node board (with power off) and see if it goes away.

#4058 5 years ago

i figured it out, both scoops screws under the play field rattled loose in shipping, I tightened them both down and now they both are great.

#4059 5 years ago

I installed the pb life springs and now in test mode one of the brothers instantly drops down and stays down after popping up. 1 out of ten times he stays up. What do you recommend ?

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So last night after a few scotches and a frustrating night at my GB, I got to thinking about the possibility of elongating the holes (essentially making a slot) for the flippers so that the mechs could be dropped lower to an acceptable flipper gap. Then on the under side rotate the mech slightly so that you have 2 sets of hole patterns ( 1 stock, 1 modified). This way you could use the original flippers and not those embarrassing carrots. Even if I decided to revert back to the original gap, the flipper bats would cover the larger hole for the most part. Anyone thought of or attempted to do this before? Were talking what a 1/8" notch on both sides max? I know I know #playbetter....

Sounds extreme. What about drilling and adding a center post with rubber? Balls heading sdtm could be managed better.

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds extreme. What about drilling and adding a center post with rubber? Balls heading sdtm could be managed better.

LOL.

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I am not an expert at debugging spike, but I would suspect I dead node board (shorted), or a diode problem somewhere.
What I would do is try to isolate the problem. Disconnect things from the node board (with power off) and see if it goes away.

You were absolutely right. In fact, I am in communication with Stern since 2 days. I have sent them a video showing the trouble and give them a description of all problems. All coils in trouble were on the same board (NODE #8), and luckily, there's 2 identicals boards on this machine (NODE #9 & #8). They asked me to swap them and configure properly the DIP switches. All coils that were in problem are now working perfectly, but there's now multiple of new coils in problems. This mean there's definitively a trouble with the NODE #8 board. The reason why we open the cabinet at the beginning was for a trouble with the electric gate who start to activate by himself, this gate is connected to the #8 too... I guess the board was dying slowly until the game finally became unplayable.

Thanks for your help everybody, now waiting for Stern instructions!

#4063 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Or just buy the combo outlane protector/center post plastic mod with removable top mounted center post...and not drill your playfield. Pinball Life and Marco both sell the set. The kit gives you 3 setup options...I just put the big clear protector on mine. You don't even really see it. It also comes with a set of clear outlane
"ball-hop" protectors if you want to just run them without the center post mod, and it has a set of green slime outlane protectors if you are into the modded look.

#4064 5 years ago

While I am waiting for stern to contact me I wanted to fish for suggestions on an update problem I'm having.

I am trying to upate my GBLE from 1.05 to 1.13. I have the correct file (ghostbusters_le-1_13) and followed the update directions perfectly. However upon updating it immediately stops and says update failed.

I have downloaded the file three times. Tried 4 different flash drives, formatted them, even tried a brand new one.

Any suggestions?

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

While I am waiting for stern to contact me I wanted to fish for suggestions on an update problem I'm having.
I am trying to upate my GBLE from 1.05 to 1.13. I have the correct file (ghostbusters_le-1_13) and followed the update directions perfectly. However upon updating it immediately stops and says update failed.
I have downloaded the file three times. Tried 4 different flash drives, formatted them, even tried a brand new one.
Any suggestions?

Have you re-downloaded? Sounds like it may be a corrupted file.

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you re-downloaded? Sounds like it may be a corrupted file.

Quoted from WolfManCat:

I have downloaded the file three times.

Would like to add that I downloaded it a 4th time on a seperate computer and no go. I even downloaded a 1.12 version of the file and it failed to update the same. Just drove out to the store and picked up 2 more flash drives- update failed again. It doesnt even get to unpack the files, it stops at like file 6. Something is telling me this is a hardware issue. Tried a long format on one of my flash drives and no go as well.

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Would like to add that I downloaded it a 4th time on a seperate computer and no go. I even downloaded a 1.12 version of the file and it failed to update the same. Just drove out to the store and picked up 2 more flash drives- update failed again. It doesnt even get to unpack the files, it stops at like file 6. Something is telling me this is a hardware issue. Tried a long format on one of my flash drives and no go as well.

Might be a corrupted SD card. Get someone to send you an Ghostbusters LE image and re-image a new SD, then try to update that.

Also, when you powered down before inserting the USB, how long was it off?

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Are you using a Windows computer(s) and, in Windows, do you click the icon to “safely eject” the flash drive before removing it?

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might be a corrupted SD card. Get someone to send you an Ghostbusters LE image and re-image a new SD, then try to update that.
Also, when you powered down before inserting the USB, how long was it off?

Im leaning towards a corrupt SD. I tried to duplicate the image but when I put it in my card reader a shit ton of windows popped up, drive F though K. Computer wouldn't allow me to access the partitions without formatting them, something about unrecognized system file.

Anybody have the image handy? I have a blank SD.

I made sure to wait till all power lights were off before inserting flash drive and powering on the system.

Thanks for your help.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Are you using a Windows computer(s) and, in Windows, do you click the icon to “safely eject” the flash drive before removing it?

Yes.

#4072 5 years ago

Let us know how it works out and if it solves your upgrading problem.

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let us know how it works out and if it solves your upgrading problem.

Wish I had better news but it failed again with the recovery image.

Hope Stern has some clue as to what is going on.

I will post updates..

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Wish I had better news but it failed again with the recovery image.
Hope Stern has some clue as to what is going on.
I will post updates..

So does it get as far as letting you select the file from the screen to update the image, then fails when the progress bar is on the screen?

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So does it get as far as letting you select the file from the screen to update the image, then fails when the progress bar is on the screen?

Yes, I can see & select the file. Screen flashes "unpacking files" for a second before it chimes and says "update failed".

I found a post from a kiss thread where the user had a similar problem and it was only resolved once the CPU node board was replaced. I have a new board coming via Marco. Going to try that and report back.

If it works it will be the 3rd CPU Node board this GB has had since unboxing. 1st one was DOA.

#4076 5 years ago

So Im really confused now.

Got the CPU board installed and tried to update but failed the same.

Chas at Stern emailed me asking if I had unzipped the files first. I replied back that I wasn't aware the file was compressed for it downloaded originally as an .spk file... I haven't heard back, and dont expect to until Monday.

Yeah Im really confused at this point.

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

So Im really confused now.
Got the CPU board installed and tried to update but failed the same.
Chas at Stern emailed me asking if I had unzipped the files first. I replied back that I wasn't aware the file was compressed for it downloaded originally as an .spk file... I haven't heard back, and dont expect to until Monday.
Yeah Im really confused at this point.

Check the output from the power supply. Should be 48v.

#4078 5 years ago

Replaced the PSU, replaced the power distribution board. Still won't update.

So now is it narrowed down to the flash drive and or the SD? Can a faulty node board under the playfield cause an update to fail?

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Replaced the PSU, replaced the power distribution board. Still no update.
So now is it narrowed down to the flash drive and or the SD? Can a faulty node board under the playfield cause an update to fail?

Given that Stern has been stingy with actual technical documentation on Spike for over 2 years now, despite Gomez's failed promises to release more, who knows? We're all in trial and error land.

When you imaged the new SD card, was it a NEW card, or was it something just laying around? Same size and rating as the SD card in the machine? What happened? Did it work like the other stock card, but just wouldn't update, either?

Also, when you do the update, you might want to record it with an iphone in slo-mo mode. Maybe it's flashing a message so quickly you can't see it. Playback in slomo might help yield a clue.

#4080 5 years ago

EDIT: Fixed the power distribution problem

The blank SD card I used was new, 64G. Still need to try a real GBLE SD to be sure, but the update failed the same while copying files to the blank Spike image SD

It stops at 6 files being unpacked, you can see breifly before it fails.

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just noticed that I have an error now. Game fires up, shows scores then says "No Signal From Power Distribution Board" Re-seated the cables and same thing. Not sure if this is from the new power supply or what.
The blank SD card I used was new, 64G. Still need to try a real GBLE SD to be sure, but the update failed the same while copying files to the blank Spike image SD
It stops at 6 files being unpacked, you can see breifly before it fails.

I think the power distribution board is that one with the big capacitors to the left of the Meanwell power supply.

Did you slo-mo record to see if there were any messages flashed when it fails?

#4082 5 years ago

I just noticed the file I keep downloading is 984MB from stern, The original is supposed to be 985mb I thought.

No need for slow-motion video. It unpacks the files then fails at file #6 of the update.

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I just noticed the file I keep downloading is 984MB from stern, The original is supposed to be 985mb I thought.
No need for slow-motion video. It unpacks the files then fails at file #6 of the update.

Shows up as 984mb on my computer. Exact file size is 1,032,641,242 bytes.

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Shows up as 984mb on my computer. Exact file size is 1,032,641,242 bytes.

Thats what I have as well. So I guess we know my file is ok.

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thats what I have as well. So I guess we know my file is ok.

When you re-downloaded it, did you delete the old one then download again? Try downloading it again and saving it to a different hard drive, or renaming the one you have now so it will write to a different part of the hard drive. Maybe you have a failing section of your hard drive and it keeps writing to the same place making bad ones over and over.

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you re-downloaded it, did you delete the old one then download again? Try downloading it again and saving it to a different hard drive, or renaming the one you have now so it will write to a different part of the hard drive. Maybe you have a failing section of your hard drive and it keeps writing to the same place making bad ones over and over.

Yeah I did. Just a minute ago I downloaded it onto a separate computer onto a new 16g flash drive and still no go. Pretty sure at this point its not the file or flash drives.

I lifted the playfield and saw this small board had a questionable fuse. It has continuity but the filament is buldging. I dont have this fuse on hand but will pick one up later tonight.

You by chance know what this board controls? Its at the very back of the playfield.

Thanks for your help.
20180804_165426 (resized).jpg20180804_165426 (resized).jpg20180804_165622 (resized).jpg20180804_165622 (resized).jpg

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Yeah I did. Just a minute ago I downloaded it onto a separate computer onto a new 16g flash drive and still no go. Pretty sure at this point its not the file or flash drives.
I lifted the playfield and saw this small board had a questionable fuse. It has continuity but the filament is buldging. I dont have this fuse on hand but will pick one up later tonight.
You by chance know what this board controls? Its at the very back of the playfield.
Thanks for your help.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's wrong with that fuse?

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's wrong with that fuse?

It has a buldge in the middle, is that normal? Doesn't seem like it.

I found out the board in question is the Motor Driver Board.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

It has a buldge in the middle, is that normal? Doesn't seem like it.
I found out the board in question is the Motor Driver Board.

That's the way that fuse is supposed to look when it's good.

Have you tried taking your machine to an interim version like 1.11?

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the way that fuse is supposed to look when it's good.
Have you tried taking your machine to an interim version like 1.11?

Yeah, I have a 1.12 file that I have tried and it updates and fails the same way.

Never seen a fuse with a buldge.

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Never seen a fuse with a buldge.

It is definitely a normal fuse. I use that sort a fair bit.

#4092 5 years ago

Just seeing if there has been any fixes for the following issues, or even if they have been mentioned:

left orbit gate... ball scrapes and slows down around the area, not sure if its the gate itself or housing or guide rail? even after trying to look

Also sometimes the ball doesn't complete through the subway to the flipper and then see-saws at the bottom till there is a ball search... then it finally stops and goes into the vuck. maybe 2 out of 10 times it does this. Something is throwing the ball of its path enough to get it caught up. again nothing really presents itself as the problem. the whole subway section of the ramp seems to be clean and clear.

thanks in advance, Oh I have the premium obviously

1 week later
#4093 5 years ago

So the flippers goes out during multiball. They are working like 50%, and after they go back to normal. Anyone else having that problem?

#4094 5 years ago
Quoted from MorbidFetus:

So the flippers goes out during multiball. They are working like 50%, and after they go back to normal. Anyone else having that problem?

I apologize if you are already aware, but during mass hysteria multiball the flippers reverse and then go back to normal several times so the flipper buttons work the opposite flipper.

#4095 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I apologize if you are already aware, but during mass hysteria multiball the flippers reverse and then go back to normal several times so the flipper buttons work the opposite flipper.

Thanks did not know that

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from MorbidFetus:

Thanks did not know that

Surprised me the first time- it was cool

#4097 5 years ago

Hi. I just got a NIB Ghostbusters (Premium)-le and am looking to get it dialed-in properly. I've read through hundreds of threads and have already made some of the most obvious tweaks. Can someone give me a list of the most important things to do to get this running to it's best ability?
Also, looking for some info on getting a new, stronger spring for the auto-launch mechanism. I've stretched the original out as much as I feel good about but it still rockets the ball and hits Stay Puft or the track 50% of the time. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Can the power be turned down on the auto-launcher or is a different spring the only way?

#4098 5 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Can someone give me a list of the most important things to do to get this running to it's best ability?

Install cliffy's
Adjust height of drop targets
Adjust spring on drop targets (20-25 coils up)
Check & change balls
SLIMER butt nut - check slimer positions and butt nut
Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
Put mylarr down - where the ball lands when shot out. Or install Cliffy's
Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
Align flippers
Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (GET THE ONE I MAKE
Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176
Check 14th street subway switch to make sure ball is changing swithc state
Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

1 week later
#4099 5 years ago

The right side ramp diverter rarely works. It should divert every time you hit a storage facility shot right? Any ideas? And how do I test it, couldn't find it in the menu.

#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamie126:

I've had a premium for a few months now. Does the gozer target do anything? I don't think it did anything from out of the box. The connections look good and the switch make contact. But I get no response from it in a switch test. I know it does something I've started the gozer hurry up and the gozer mode. Some how I have no power to it can any one help?

Jamie126

Hi,
Sorry to drag up an old thread.
I have the same problem on my GB pro which has recently happened. I have reseated all the connections including connections on the node board and re-flowed the wires going onto the actual switch. The switches all look fine as well.
Did you ever manage to get it working again?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/82?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.