main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 91.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t forget the plastic protector helps keep ball down on the ramp

It does do that, but the ball leaving the ramp is not super common once the angled brackets are installed and the plastic removed. It only happens with the super-fast ball shots. The benefits of no ugly plastic protector vs the occasional ball launch, I'll take the occasional ball launch. The game looks so much better without the extra plastic over the targets.

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get the angled target brackets and remove the protector. Problem solved, and it will look better, too.

Funny thing, I ordered the angled target brackets as listed earlier in this thread. I went to install them and my game has angled brackets from the factory. The new DE brackets were the exact same angle as the stock brackets. Additionally, my stock targets have a reinforcing bar along the back of the target that would prevent installation of the DE brackets anyway.

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Funny thing, I ordered the angled target brackets as listed earlier in this thread. I went to install them and my game has angled brackets from the factory. The new DE brackets were the exact same angle as the stock brackets. Additionally, my stock targets have a reinforcing bar along the back of the target that would prevent installation of the DE brackets anyway.

You ordered these brackets:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/77#post-4274145

And they were the same as what's on there from the factory? When was your GB made? Do you have pics of the bar you're talking about?

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You ordered these brackets:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/77#post-4274145
And they were the same as what's on there from the factory? When was your GB made? Do you have pics of the bar you're talking about?

No, I ordered the Data East brackets that someone suggested. Don't do that as they will not physically fit. They don't allow for the part of the target that fits in the slot (in the picture you linked).

However, the brackets on mine were already at an angle like in that picture. They were NOT 90 degrees. Mine is an LE from Sept 2016.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

No, I ordered the Data East brackets that someone suggested. Don't do that as they will not physically fit. They don't allow for the part of the target that fits in the slot (in the picture you linked).
However, the brackets on mine were already at an angle like in that picture. They were NOT 90 degrees. Mine is an LE from Sept 2016.

Your brackets were/are bent or something. It's not the same as these since Stern was DEFINITELY not using these brackets in 2016 (I thought maybe they ripped off the design for a later run if yours was made later). Get the brackets from shapeways and the airball problem is over for the most part, no more ugly protector required. Can't recommend it highly enough.

#4006 5 years ago

I'm pretty happy with Modfather's clear airball deflector on my Premium. It gave me a way to mount a matchbox size Ecto-1 over the left loop entrance (where it's depicted in the playfield art). With Ecto-1 wired to the spinner flasher, you get a nice effect when you make the shot. The only negative is that (on a Premium) a properly adjusted Slimer might drag his butt ever-so-slightly when he pans all the way to the extreme left.

Ecto-1.jpgEcto-1.jpg

#4007 5 years ago

Schwaggs - did you buy the game new, or did you buy it possibly upgraded as a couple of people said they were going to put older stern targets in from say Iron Man era but did not have the slot so they would tend to then lean.

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

schwaggs - did you buy the game new, or did you buy it possibly upgraded as a couple of people said they were going to put older stern targets in from say Iron Man era but did not have the slot so they would tend to then lean.

I bought it new. I'll have another look at them sometime and take some pictures.

#4009 5 years ago

I'm going to try the shapeways brackets. I have the modfather airball protector and while I have no issue with the look of it, it's treating the result not stopping the cause. If the new bracket cuts down 90% of the airballs I will take it.

#4010 5 years ago

Just an update on my end, I ended up loosening the bolts and the plastic/air ball protecting piece stretched/flattened within the existing sockets/holes...re tightened them and no more 'dip'. Gonna chalk this up to minor heat warp. Thanks to everyone's input. Interesting discussion on modding the targets as an option / alternative.

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I'm pretty happy with Modfather's clear airball deflector on my Premium. It gave me a way to mount a matchbox size Ecto-1 over the left loop entrance (where it's depicted in the playfield art). With Ecto-1 wired to the spinner flasher, you get a nice effect when you make the shot. The only negative is that (on a Premium) a properly adjusted Slimer might drag his butt ever-so-slightly when he pans all the way to the extreme left.

well done!

#4012 5 years ago

Just replaced a set of Stern target brackets using swinks design - immediate improvement on airballs. This is on a brand new GB from the factory (June 2018). Using this and setting coils to soft, the game play is much more solid. Thanks for making those available!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#4013 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Just replaced a set of Stern target brackets using swinks design - immediate improvement on airballs. This is on a brand new GB from the factory (June 2018). Using this and setting coils to soft, the game play is much more solid. Thanks for making those available!
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

thanks for the feedback and great to hear

#4014 5 years ago

where does this go????

I had the hood (playfield) up today and then did a test game and the ball got stuck just after the launch lane up near marsh mellow man and the ball was stuck on a post laying in the orbit.

I have had a look around and can't work out where it is from - as not sure if it fell from a different location and rested in the orbit after the playfield was vertical

anyone know where this might be from - it is a grey hard plastic post with a screw going through the centre at with the grey post 32mm / 1 1/4" long

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

IMG_4335 (resized).JPGIMG_4335 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4015 5 years ago

The clock on my GB stopped keeping time. Turned out to be the 2032 battery. Apparently, all it does on Spike systems is keep the clock running and has nothing to do with the settings and scores.

#4016 5 years ago

I am currently experiencing an issue with my Ghostbusters when my ball is coming down from the left orbit. It seems that the left scoop is raising a little bit (not flush with the playfield) so when the ball is coming down it hits the left scoop which changes the trajectory of the ball so that it does not end up safely on my left flipper but rather down the drain. I am having to really nudge the machine when its coming down from this orbit in order to save the ball. Annoying. I tried pushing down the left scoop to make it flush with the playfield but I am not successful. Anyone else experience this with their GB? Do I need to get under the playfield and take out this mech and re adjust it? My GB is playing like a dream other than this issue. Thanks for the help!

#4017 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am currently experiencing an issue with my Ghostbusters when my ball is coming down from the left orbit. It seems that the left scoop is raising a little bit (not flush with the playfield) so when the ball is coming down it hits the left scoop which changes the trajectory of the ball so that it does not end up safely on my left flipper but rather down the drain. I am having to really nudge the machine when its coming down from this orbit in order to save the ball. Annoying. I tried pushing down the left scoop to make it flush with the playfield but I am not successful. Anyone else experience this with their GB? Do I need to get under the playfield and take out this mech and re adjust it? My GB is playing like a dream other than this issue. Thanks for the help!

When I said "mech" on my above post, I am talking about the metal protector that is on that left scoop. This seems to be the issue. Looks like it is popping up a little. Any tips on removing this metal protector so that I can bend it a little to make it flat again?

#4018 5 years ago

Are you sure it's not hitting the spinner? That happens on about 1/10 times on the Prem we have on route. Film it with an iphone in slo-mo mode and you can see for sure what the culprit is, but I bet it's the side of the spinner.

#4019 5 years ago

When I said "mech" on my above post, I am talking about the metal protector that is on that left scoop. This seems to be the issue. Looks like it is popping up a little. Any tips on removing this metal protector so that I can bend it a little to make it flat again?

Cheap Stern protector?
Install Cliffys.

#4020 5 years ago

Thinking of geting a new GB premium. Have stern fix alot of the problems or is it the same as the old versions?

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from MorbidFetus:

Thinking of geting a new GB premium. Have stern fix alot of the problems or is it the same as the old versions?

You will still have to put the air ball deflector on i think and the protectors over the lane guides so the ball doesnt jump over them and give you cheap drains but it’s honestly not a big deal. As far as the playfield ghosting and clearcoat issues, that is all fixed as far as i know. I would not be afraid to buy a GB game right now personally.

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from MorbidFetus:

You need the 5 degree angled shapeways brackets someone on here sells on the left and right of the left ramp to stop airballs, and the ball protectors over the outlane/inlanes on the left and right to stop ball hopping, but that's about it.

Before you take delivery make sure that the "reinforcement" bubble on the playfield art between the slings is spelled correctly. Most Prems should be okay, but worth checking.

#4023 5 years ago

can you post a picture of the scoop area?

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

FYI I believe he needs “real cliffys” instead of the thin cheap Stern ones, I had same issue. Cliffys product is thicker.

#4025 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure it's not hitting the spinner? That happens on about 1/10 times on the Prem we have on route. Film it with an iphone in slo-mo mode and you can see for sure what the culprit is, but I bet it's the side of the spinner.

I never thought of that. Interesting. It very well may be the spinner that is effecting the ball. I will film it after work today and see what is going on. Thanks!

Quoted from swinks:

Will do

#4026 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Cheap Stern protector?
Install Cliffys.

I will look into getting a better protector for that scoop.

#4027 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI I believe he needs “real cliffys” instead of the thin cheap Stern ones, I had same issue. Cliffys product is thicker.

They all bend after they've been.on the game for awhile.

#4028 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

^^ This

a buddy with a GB prem had the same issue and replaced the scoop protectors with real cliffy's

My originals have been fine though.

#4029 5 years ago

So I just picked up a GB Pro, and it had 1.12 on it, so I updated it to 1.13. When I went to start a game on it, it goes into "Locating Pinballs" mode continously. I tested both the trough and the captive ball tests, and both are fine. However, when I put 6 balls in the trough, now it's fine. Did they somehow bump the requirement from 4 to 6 with this update? There's no mention of it in the notes. I made sure I downloaded the Pro code and not the LE/Prem code as I know that one uses 6 balls.

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Did they somehow bump the requirement from 4 to 6 with this update? There's no mention of it in the notes. I made sure I downloaded the Pro code and not the LE/Prem code as I know that one uses 6 balls.

Pretty sure Ghostbusters has always been a 6 ball game. My LE certainly is. What does the sticker say, what does CLR say?

Probably, the game will eventually software compensate for missing balls. When you updated, the state of that software compensation got reset.

IMG_20180722_091703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_091703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_091709 (resized).jpgIMG_20180722_091709 (resized).jpg
#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

So I just picked up a GB Pro, and it had 1.12 on it, so I updated it to 1.13. When I went to start a game on it, it goes into "Locating Pinballs" mode continously. I tested both the trough and the captive ball tests, and both are fine. However, when I put 6 balls in the trough, now it's fine. Did they somehow bump the requirement from 4 to 6 with this update? There's no mention of it in the notes. I made sure I downloaded the Pro code and not the LE/Prem code as I know that one uses 6 balls.

Feature matrix says all versions of Ghostbusters are 6 balls.

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Pretty sure Ghostbusters has always been a 6 ball game. My LE certainly is. What does the sticker say, what does CLR say?
Probably, the game will eventually software compensate for missing balls. When you updated, the state of that software compensation got reset.

Sticker says 4 balls, all trough's always have all 6 sensors, so they always show up that way. It was playing perfectly fine with 4 balls and the 1.12 code.

#4033 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Sticker says 4 balls, all trough's always have all 6 sensors, so they always show up that way. It was playing perfectly fine with 4 balls and the 1.12 code.

Crazy. Feature matrix is wrong, then.

#4034 5 years ago

sometimes you get a multiball and then can add a ball into the mix so definitely put in 6 balls

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

sometimes you get a multiball and then can add a ball into the mix so definitely put in 6 balls

It's so weird... I HAD to put in 6 balls anyway for the game to even work with 1.13. Not a huge deal, just super weird.

#4036 5 years ago

I never thought of that. Interesting. It very well may be the spinner that is effecting the ball. I will film it after work today and see what is going on. Thanks!

Will do

Here are the pictures of the left scoop. After closely examining the ball coming down the left, it is def the protector that is causing the ball to stray. Any tips on getting that protector out so I can flatten it or replace it with a better one?

20180720_213818 (resized).jpg20180720_213818 (resized).jpg20180720_213838 (resized).jpg20180720_213838 (resized).jpg
#4037 5 years ago

yeah the scoop protector is lifting, flip up the playfield and see how the retainers that keep it snug are fitting, maybe they can bent and holding tight.

#4038 5 years ago

Hey guys wanted to change some rubbers to clear and am finding it difficult to change the 1-1/4" near the right outlanes and subway ramp exit. Removed the screws and nuts on the plastic, spotlight, and top of ramp but cannot lift the plastic near the right post. I see there's 7 wood screws that hold the plastic ramp. Do I need to remove this ramp as well to replace this rubber. If so its staying black. Pls advise if you have changed this one

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hey guys wanted to change some rubbers to clear and am finding it difficult to change the 1-1/4" near the right outlanes and subway ramp exit. Removed the screws and nuts on the plastic, spotlight, and top of ramp but cannot lift the plastic near the right post. I see there's 7 wood screws that hold the plastic ramp. Do I need to remove this ramp as well to replace this rubber. If so its staying black. Pls advise if you have changed this one

Good luck. I decided a few weeks to close my outlanes a peg down. It took me 2 hours to change both of them with about hour and a half on that right one. So frustrating. I removed as much as I could but that plastic right there was in the way. I had to really bend that plastic to get to it and numerous times I thought it was going to snap/crack. I am not changing or messing with anything over there again.

#4040 5 years ago

Good luck. I decided a few weeks to close my outlanes a peg down. It took me 2 hours to change both of them with about hour and a half on that right one. So frustrating. I removed as much as I could but that plastic right there was in the way. I had to really bend that plastic to get to it and numerous times I thought it was going to snap/crack. I am not changing or messing with anything over there again.

That right side is definitely a pain in the ass but its worth it isnt it? It didnt make a huge difference on my game but it made enough difference that the game is a little mire enjoyable now. I totally recommend moving the outlane posts in on GB.

#4041 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That right side is definitely a pain in the ass but its worth it isnt it? It didnt make a huge difference on my game but it made enough difference that the game is a little mire enjoyable now. I totally recommend moving the outlane posts in on GB.

Yes it was worth it. After I did it, I was worried that I made the game easier. HA! Nope. Still a pain in the ass. I love it though.

#4042 5 years ago

Here are the pictures of the left scoop. After closely examining the ball coming down the left, it is def the protector that is causing the ball to stray. Any tips on getting that protector out so I can flatten it or replace it with a better one?

So I was able to flatten the protector so that it stays flush but guess what? That was not the main reason of the ball straying away from the flipper. It was because the game was not leveled correctly. Off about .5 degrees. Leveled it and plays perfect now. FML. Sorry for wasting time here. I feel like an idiot and should have tested that first. I level them about once a month but I guess I wasn't thinking about that and was trying to blame the scoop protector (even though that was causing some of the issue).

#4043 5 years ago

So I was able to flatten the protector so that it stays flush

How did you do that?

#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Funny, my MetPro came with a 6 ball sticker for a 4 ball game. I think our games were switched at birth

#4045 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How did you do that?

From under the playfield. Lifted it up and messed with it from the underside. I had to lift one of the flaps that is attached to the protector and kind of bend it down. I was able to flatten it a little but not perfect.

#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I was able to remove all the nuts and screws holding down the plastic and the storage container, then lift slightly and rotate the plastic counter-clockwise around the subway ramp. It pretty easily worked its way out and I could get to those posts with no problem.

#4047 5 years ago

Hello, my friend is experiencing a big trouble with his Ghostbusters Premium. A lane switch was activating alone so I just did a visual checkup of the switch but after we replaced the playfield everytime we press the left or right flip, we have 5 coils that are machine gunning!! (Left flip coil, right flip coil, ball release coil, ball launcher coil and left scoop coil). They are all connected to the #8 board.
In the switch test menu, when I press the LEFT flip, after the machine gunning, i release the button and it says RIGHT flip EOS.
I check all connectors on this board and everything is correctly insert.
I am not an expert so I am asking in this great community to get some solutions for him

Thanks a lot,
Christophe

#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Hello, my friend is experiencing a big trouble with his Ghostbusters Premium. A lane switch was activating alone so I just did a visual checkup of the switch but after we replaced the playfield everytime we press the left or right flip, we have 5 coils that are machine gunning!! (Left flip coil, right flip coil, ball release coil, ball launcher coil and left scoop coil). They are all connected to the #8 board.
In the switch test menu, when I press the LEFT flip, after the machine gunning, i release the button and it says RIGHT flip EOS.
I check all connectors on this board and everything is correctly insert.
I am not an expert so I am asking in this great community to get some solutions for him
Thanks a lot,
Christophe

Did you check the switch with the power on or off? Did you do anything to the switch you originally lifted the playfield to check?

Slide the playfield forward while having someone watch the back of the playfield as it moves forward. Sometimes the wire bundle can get caught on the left or right cabinet playfield slide rail, and putting the playfield down pinches it, shorting one or more wires in that bundle to ground.

#4049 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the switch with the power on or off? Did you do anything to the switch you originally lifted the playfield to check?
Slide the playfield forward while having someone watch the back of the playfield as it moves forward. Sometimes the wire bundle can get caught on the left or right cabinet playfield slide rail, and putting the playfield down pinches it, shorting one or more wires in that bundle to ground.

I just went into diag/switch/test and activated some switches a couple of time manually to see if it was accurate because during the game, we were capturing ghosts without moving the ball.... Then when we replaced the playfield and the new problem started... Whatever in which position the playfield is, the problem always happen... Tried to unplug the power and start the machine but same trouble.

btw,I have joined a pic of what is displayed on the dmd after I release the left flip button.... Always returning to right flip EOS.

received_10160723852695603 (resized).jpegreceived_10160723852695603 (resized).jpeg
#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

I just went into diag/switch/test and activated some switches a couple of time manually to see if it was accurate because during the game, we were capturing ghosts without moving the ball.... Then when we replaced the playfield and the new problem started... Whatever in which position the playfield is, the problem always happen... Tried to unplug the power and start the machine but same trouble.
btw,I have joined a pic of what is displayed on the dmd after I release the left flip button.... Always returning to right flip EOS.
[quoted image]

I don't think the right flipper EOS is the issue. Check the gap on the right EOS switch compared to the left. Adjust the right EOS.

Did you make sure that the wire going to the backbox wasn't pinched in the guide rail on the inside back of the cabinet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.