main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 91.
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Anyone know where to get the part that lowers the height of the PKE shot so it can actually make it up that ramp? And I had a little spring pop out of my flipper button and I can't find that either. Anyone know that part number?

I used this from Pinball Life: https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

Metal Hex Spacers 1/4" - 2-1/4" Long (Female/Female)
Choose a Length : 1-5/8"

#3852 6 years ago

just saw the above post, thank you!!!

#3853 6 years ago

One new issue and one old issue. (pro)

It seems I cannot get my slimmer to work properly no matter how much I mess with it. I can hit it 6 times and it won't register, but the next time I shake the machine, it registers. Sometimes it works fine and other times not. No consistency and it's really ruining the game. I'm out of ideas on that one. (yes I have the new mech)

The new issue is it seems the Stern 'cliffy' on the left scoop is starting to lift off the play field ever so slightly that when the ball comes down the left lane it will sometimes catch the corner of the cliffy and change the trajectory of the ball. Anyway to fix that?

Thanks.

#3854 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

The new issue is it seems the Stern 'cliffy' on the left scoop is starting to lift off the play field ever so slightly that when the ball comes down the left lane it will sometimes catch the corner of the cliffy and change the trajectory of the ball. Anyway to fix that?
Thanks.

Are you sure that's happening at the scoop edge? Film it with an iphone with slo-mo turned on. I bet it's happening at the spinner on the left orbit. Happens on the GB Prem here sometimes, too, but it's always around the spinner area that the redirect happens.

#3855 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you sure that's happening at the scoop edge? Film it with an iphone with slo-mo turned on. I bet it's happening at the spinner on the left orbit. Happens on the GB Prem here sometimes, too, but it's always around the spinner area that the redirect happens.

Actually I think I have the issue at both places. I thought it was catching the back of the drop target as well, but since I leveled the machine, it's not hitting the target.

I will try to capture it in slo-mo. I can almost stick a playing card under the corner of the cliffy in question. I can take the ball and put it past the spinner and let it roll and it catches the corner of the scoop.

Did you do anything to fix the ball getting caught on the spinner?

#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Actually I think I have the issue at both places. I thought it was catching the back of the drop target as well, but since I leveled the machine, it's not hitting the target.
I will try to capture it in slo-mo. I can almost stick a playing card under the corner of the cliffy in question. I can take the ball and put it past the spinner and let it roll and it catches the corner of the scoop.
Did you do anything to fix the ball getting caught on the spinner?

No, it's just annoying when it happens. Not sure what the fix is, but it has to be age-related because it didn't do it the whole first year we had it.

#3857 6 years ago

Ghostbusters Airball Protector

Ghostbusters Right Orbit Protector

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector-1

pic6 (resized).jpgpic6 (resized).jpg

#3858 6 years ago

Ok, so having an issue with the right scoop.

First symptom was that I had some people over, and about 2-3 times in short succession the software would crash when a ball would go into the scoop. I’ve had maybe 2 other crashes total in the past 18 months, and neither could be replicated the way this one was.

I reset the software, and didn’t see issues the next 1-2 times I played it.

Now the switch has stopped registering. I checked it in switch test and it’s not reading there either. (The coil still works fine, and the ball will kick out once it goes into test mode.)

I haven’t had a chance to dig any further into it, but are there any likely causes that I should check out first? I’m wondering myself if the problem may be the node board rather than the switch itself, but I don’t know if the code glitches were just a random coincidence or not.

#3859 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

One new issue and one old issue. (pro)
It seems I cannot get my slimmer to work properly no matter how much I mess with it. I can hit it 6 times and it won't register, but the next time I shake the machine, it registers. Sometimes it works fine and other times not. No consistency and it's really ruining the game. I'm out of ideas on that one. (yes I have the new mech)
Thanks.

I continue to have issues with mine as well, it seems like it registers a direct hit 1 out of every 100 times i hit it. Yep, THAT bad. So i noticed pinball life sells a Slimer LED/Contact Switch PCB (see link below) has anyone ever bought this and did it fix your issues with slimmer?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4420

#3860 6 years ago
Quoted from DaWezl:

Ok, so having an issue with the right scoop.
First symptom was that I had some people over, and about 2-3 times in short succession the software would crash when a ball would go into the scoop. I’ve had maybe 2 other crashes total in the past 18 months, and neither could be replicated the way this one was.
I reset the software, and didn’t see issues the next 1-2 times I played it.
Now the switch has stopped registering. I checked it in switch test and it’s not reading there either. (The coil still works fine, and the ball will kick out once it goes into test mode.)
I haven’t had a chance to dig any further into it, but are there any likely causes that I should check out first? I’m wondering myself if the problem may be the node board rather than the switch itself, but I don’t know if the code glitches were just a random coincidence or not.

Bend the arm on the switch out more and if it still isn't registering, replace the switch. This is pretty common on GB scoop (and the KISS scoop). Ball just pounded switch so it doesn't register anymore.

#3861 6 years ago

Getting a weird auto launch problem on Ghostbusters Pro. Intermittent.
It tries to launch the ball but the plunger rod is stuck. It will unstuck if I force it by hand hard. Then it will work again for a while.
It's like it is occasionally binding sometimes then other times it is 100% binding. Swapped around node 8 and 9. No change.
Anyone else had this issue?

#3862 6 years ago

I finally replaced the Hex screw on the right ramp to a shorter one. HOLY COW. Everyone is correct in that you need to change this out now. I never had a hard time hitting the shot but it had to be at the right speed to make it up and around. Now I can have the ball trapped on the left flipper and hit that shot and that ball zooms down that ramp. So awesome. It was like I was playing a totally different game. Was able to get through Gozer mode a lot easier now.

#3863 6 years ago

So I haven’t been keeping up with GB or been playing it much but my wife and I pulled the covers off and had a few games.

It reminded me to check out if there’s any news on the wizard mode actually getting finished or is this game finished as is now and left for dead because of the Trudeau issue?

#3864 6 years ago
Quoted from rooky79:

So I haven’t been keeping up with GB or been playing it much but my wife and I pulled the covers off and had a few games.
It reminded me to check out if there’s any news on the wizard mode actually getting finished or is this game finished as is now and left for dead because of the Trudeau issue?

An update is coming, but it will be later this year or after. They didn't specify the order of the updates.

Check out the "Blog" section here for the "Stern of the Union" (that title makes no sense, I know) updates:

http://www.sternpinball.com/community#

#3865 6 years ago

For those who want to become owners of Ghostbusters and are reading this thread, I have an immaculate Premium for sale now with many Stern accessories, improvements, custom code.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62159

#3866 6 years ago

Having issues with my left scoleri bro,he pops up and immediately goes down. I’ve tried tightening and loosening the spring to no avail. Has this happened before,thanks in advance as it’s most likely been talked about somewhere in this thread. Getting frustrated w my gb I’m genetal. Left scoop only registers 75 percent if lucky. I’ve adjusted the switch which works for a game or 2, and now sometimes the left scoop just fires it sdtm (if it registers), even too it’s set on high (64). Sometime w a hard hit it pushes the switch out of the way making game do a ball search b4 kicking it out. Arggghhhh

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Having issues with my left scoleri bro,he pops up and immediately goes down. I’ve tried tightening and loosening the spring to no avail. Has this happened before,thanks in advance as it’s most likely been talked about somewhere in this thread. Getting frustrated w my gb I’m genetal. Left scoop only registers 75 percent if lucky. I’ve adjusted the switch which works for a game or 2, and now sometimes the left scoop just fires it sdtm (if it registers), even too it’s set on high (64). Sometime w a hard hit it pushes the switch out of the way making game do a ball search b4 kicking it out. Arggghhhh

Sounds like you broke the little black plastic "ledge" the target grabs onto when reset into the up position. Look at it from underneath. You may have to remove the assembly to see it. I made my own out of a thicker strip of plastic and it didn't break again.

#3868 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like you broke the little black plastic "ledge" the target grabs onto when reset into the up position. Look at it from underneath. You may have to remove the assembly to see it. I made my own out of a thicker strip of plastic and it didn't break again.

unfortunatly that is not the problem,thank you though, I checked right away,but can see the ledge is fine. I can manually push it up with game off and stays up fine. With game on it just will NOT stay up?

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

unfortunatly that is not the problem,thank you though, I checked right away,but can see the ledge is fine. I can manually push it up with game off and stays up fine. With game on it just will NOT stay up?

Do you have the stock springs on it?

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

I had experienced something like this. The brother would pop up and straight back down again. My opto was bad. Try swapping the opto with the other brother and see if it starts working. (But then your other brother will be bad!)

#3871 6 years ago

So anyone know if the Slimer LED/Contact Switch PCB (see link below) that pinball life sells would fix issues with Slimer not registering hits??

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So anyone know if the Slimer LED/Contact Switch PCB (see link below) that pinball life sells would fix issues with Slimer not registering hits??

Did you already go through this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-slimer-shot-registration-issues-on-gb

#3873 6 years ago

I have a premium ghostbusters. The slimmer mech is lost in its travel path. Its stuck over by the fire house. Does anyone know what causes this or where to look?

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I have a premium ghostbusters. The slimmer mech is lost in its travel path. Its stuck over by the fire house. Does anyone know what causes this or where to look?

Have you upgraded the software? This is a known problem with older versions of the software.

#3875 6 years ago

Anyone have advice on the slimer calibration?
I had an issue where he would move all the way over by the firehouse and sit there during games. In test mode, he would move with each advance press to the next position and then back home again...no issues.
I tried running the calibration..and it errored out. It looked like it couldn't get to the 92 (of 100+) for its end of position.

Now he's in worse shape lol.

Here is a video. This slimer appears to not be registering the position changes. I checked the cables and they all appeared connected. Machine is on 1.13.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/apGjCkjQ8cy9sca17

I dont know if the opto is freaking out? Is there a way to test?
(pinballnut3 was helping me tshoot)

#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Anyone have advice on the slimer calibration?
I had an issue where he would move all the way over by the firehouse and sit there during games. In test mode, he would move with each advance press to the next position and then back home again...no issues.
I tried running the calibration..and it errored out. It looked like it couldn't get to the 92 (of 100+) for its end of position.
Now he's in worse shape lol.
Here is a video. This slimer appears to not be registering the position changes. I checked the cables and they all appeared connected. Machine is on 1.13.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/apGjCkjQ8cy9sca17
I dont know if the opto is freaking out? Is there a way to test?
(pinballnut3 was helping me tshoot)

Testing the opto is pretty straightforward. You need to detach it from the mech and then pass a coin through it while in switch test mode. Good luck.

#3877 6 years ago

Anyone have issues with crazy air balls off the scoleri targets? While down
Ball launches up over the airball protector for the left ramp.
I’m not sure if the cliffy is causing it or if the target is sticking up ever so slightly during gameplay.
Doesn’t happen all the time but it is pissing me off!

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have issues with crazy air balls off the scoleri targets? While down
Ball launches up over the airball protector for the left ramp.
I’m not sure if the cliffy is causing it or if the target is sticking up ever so slightly during gameplay.
Doesn’t happen all the time but it is pissing me off!

We have cliffies on the ones here and no airballs off the scoleri targets (at least none high enough to go over a flipper). Do you have the coils set to normal or soft? Ours are set to soft.

#3879 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have cliffies on the ones here and no airballs off the scoleri targets (at least none high enough to go over a flipper). Do you have the coils set to normal or soft? Ours are set to soft.

Not an airball off the target itself but balls rolling over them when they are down are causing the ball to go flying up over the airball protector on left ramp area. I had one launch half way up ramp and into the buildings/pops area.

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not an airball off the target itself but balls rolling over them when they are down are causing the ball to go flying up over the airball protector on left ramp area. I had one launch half way up ramp and into the buildings/pops area.

Doesn't happen here. Are your coils set to normal or soft?

Also, are the drop targets flush to the PF when down, or are they sunken a little or raised a little?

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I removed my scoleri cliffys due to the wild air balls off them. Once removed the airballs off the scoleri’s stopped.

#3882 6 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

I removed my scoleri cliffys due to the wild air balls off them. Once removed the airballs off the scoleri’s stopped.

I may take them off and see what happens. I want to say the targets are flush but I need to double check.

Do the coil settings have any impact on how they go down in pf? I currently have them set normal, by changing to soft what impact should I expect to them game in general? Maybe I'll start with this.

#3883 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I may take them off and see what happens. I want to say the targets are flush but I need to double check.
Do the coil settings have any impact on how they go down in pf? I currently have them set normal, by changing to soft what impact should I expect to them game in general? Maybe I'll start with this.

No, it makes all the coils about 5-10% less powerful. Takes the edge off flippers being too powerful and you really shouldn't notice a loss of power, just smoother gameplay.

#3884 6 years ago

Targets seem flush... I will try the soft coil settings. Hard to believe the cliffys being so thin could launch a ball like that.

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Targets seem flush... I will try the soft coil settings. Hard to believe the cliffys being so thin could launch a ball like that.

Must be situational. We have them installed since day one and never had what you're describing.

#3886 6 years ago

It seems my cpu battery needs replacing as the time setting will not hold after power off. I tried removing the old one but without success. Is there a trick to removing these like a clip or something. I don't want to use pliers especially if the game is on. Any help from someone who has replaced theirs would be greatly appreciated

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It seems my cpu battery needs replacing as the time setting will not hold after power off. I tried removing the old one but without success. Is there a trick to removing these like a clip or something. I don't want to use pliers especially if the game is on. Any help from someone who has replaced theirs would be greatly appreciated

If the battery top is 12 o'clock (looking at it from the back side of the battery), you press against the 9 o-clock position and angle the battery out of the socket, then slide your finger toward 12 o'clock to pop the battery out of the socket at which point you can easily grab it and pull it toward you out of the casing.

bat_step1 (resized).jpgbat_step1 (resized).jpg
bat_step2 (resized).jpgbat_step2 (resized).jpg

#3888 6 years ago

So last night after a few scotches and a frustrating night at my GB, I got to thinking about the possibility of elongating the holes (essentially making a slot) for the flippers so that the mechs could be dropped lower to an acceptable flipper gap. Then on the under side rotate the mech slightly so that you have 2 sets of hole patterns ( 1 stock, 1 modified). This way you could use the original flippers and not those embarrassing carrots. Even if I decided to revert back to the original gap, the flipper bats would cover the larger hole for the most part. Anyone thought of or attempted to do this before? Were talking what a 1/8" notch on both sides max? I know I know #playbetter....

#3889 6 years ago

Hi guys, my Right Scoleri Brothers pops up then goes back down. Stern sent me some plastic replacements, to install these do I just need to unscrew the whole assembly then put the new plastic bracket in place? Or can it be done another way?

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Must be situational. We have them installed since day one and never had what you're describing.

I have Cliffy's installed and no air balls as well. I have a Pro though and it seems like the vast majority of the airball issues are coming from Premiums/LEs.

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I have Cliffy's installed and no air balls as well. I have a Pro though and it seems like the vast majority of the airball issues are coming from Premiums/LEs.

We have them installed on a Prem and no problems.

#3892 6 years ago

We'll I think I found my issue with slimer now counting up to his programmed positions. S58 doesn't open or close on a switch test.
Any idea what to test or just order a whole new board?

slimer opto (resized).JPGslimer opto (resized).JPG

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

We'll I think I found my issue with slimer now counting up to his programmed positions. S58 doesn't open or close on a switch test.

Get a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and try cleaning them. They might just be dirty.

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the battery top is 12 o'clock (looking at it from the back side of the battery), you press against the 9 o-clock position and angle the battery out of the socket, then slide your finger toward 12 o'clock to pop the battery out of the socket at which point you can easily grab it and pull it toward you out of the casing.

Thank you very much. I thought similar but a friend advised not to bend the spring clip so I used pliers and some force. Changed battery and will now leave game off for an hour or so to see if problem solved. New battery a CR2032 3V (manual has typo CR232 3V) measured 3+V old battery was 0.18V

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So last night after a few scotches and a frustrating night at my GB, I got to thinking about the possibility of elongating the holes (essentially making a slot) for the flippers so that the mechs could be dropped lower to an acceptable flipper gap. Then on the under side rotate the mech slightly so that you have 2 sets of hole patterns ( 1 stock, 1 modified). This way you could use the original flippers and not those embarrassing carrots. Even if I decided to revert back to the original gap, the flipper bats would cover the larger hole for the most part. Anyone thought of or attempted to do this before? Were talking what a 1/8" notch on both sides max? I know I know #playbetter....

I came up with swappable flippable bats 2 years ago, avoiding carrot flipper bats but within 5 minutes I can swap out a set of bats turning it from 3" to 3 1/8" to even 2 7/8" for a comp or kids etc. the shaft is installed and then the bats screw down from the top side on to the square drive and nothing needs to be adjusted and you are good to play. Sadly people don't like DIY kits or the screw in the top.

I personally wouldn't be changing the playfield or brackets.

#3896 6 years ago
Quoted from LowScores:

Try reflowing the solder joints on those optos. Sometimes the solder joints are not strong enough to hold the mass of the opto with all the vibrations in a typical pinball machine.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

i
I just got a Ghostbusters premium machine, added the recommended (by dealer) outlane protector that has a centerpost. The centerpost helps with drain balls going down the middle of this wide gap between flippers. Also protects against airballs in the outlanes. This is available through Marco Specialties as Ghost guard kit. Easier than modifying the flippers.

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bend the arm on the switch out more and if it still isn't registering, replace the switch. This is pretty common on GB scoop (and the KISS scoop). Ball just pounded switch so it doesn't register anymore.

It was a bad switch after all. Thanks for the help in diagnosing it!

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and try cleaning them. They might just be dirty.

This seemed to do the trick! We'll keep an eye on things for a the near future. If I have problems again, thanks for the suggestion on the solder joints...they look ok.

#3900 6 years ago

Ack! It made it two games. Now he isn't registering movement of location again.
Another thing I noticed, is sometimes when I'm in the testing mode...I move into the slimer tests and cant get them to start. It doesn't reagister to do the test with the +, -, enter or even the start button.

I reboot the game and then the test works, but his location fails

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/78?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.