New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158288)

Ghostbuster Issue Thread

By exflexer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,465 posts
  • 526 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 713 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 90.
#301 4 years ago

Well, clearly I am amongst blue collar workers who punch in / punch out, Mon-Fri, 8-5pm. I am a business owner, and think like a businessman. I have an MBA that I worked very hard to get, and I am only applying my business experience and education when I think and speak about production lines, business, customer support, etc. Having run a successful business well over a decade, but always putting the customer first- and thinking first and foremost about quality, customer satisfaction, etc. BEFORE profit.. I'll stick with that mentality as our annual year-over-year revenue has only exponentially increased since we opened our doors this way.

The mentality that Stern should squeeze ever penny of profit OUT of the customer, so they can survive.. instead of squeezing every ounce of quality INTO the product is not something that should be encouraged, or expected. Clearly, I am amongst a different crowd here. I'll use this example of business mentality when I am hosting next weeks entrepreneur meeting and see what my colleagues think. I am sure to expect more educated and well thought out responses.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, clearly I am amongst blue collar workers who punch in / punch out, Mon-Fri, 8-5pm.... I have an MBA that I worked very hard to get, .. I'll stick with that mentality as our annual year-over-year revenue has only exponentially increased since we opened our doors this way.
Clearly, I am amongst a different crowd here. ...I am sure to expect more educated and well thought out responses.

Well at least you're coming across as just an awesome guy.

Man I could never get up early enough to work @ 8pm...screw that.

#303 4 years ago

Group A : Knows the past, knows what to expects, spends money with that expectation
Group B : Knows what they want, spends their money, then expects the world to bend to their perception

Group B thinks they know how to survive in the Coin-Op industry... yet have never done it. There are countless people who have TRIED and failed.. so as flawed as you think Stern's practice is, it's keeping them afloat and growing, while everyone else struggles to even ship product. Running a business is not the same as running any business.

All we are saying is... Stern is a well known commodity.. no one has any sympathy for you when you throw money blindly at Stern and simply chose to ignore Stern's history and practices, then come around pouting how you can't believe it is this way. And instead of speaking with your wallet, you keep throwing money at them hoping that they'll listen to you more because you're a big spender.

If you haven't paid any attention to Gary Stern.. you might want to watch a bit more of his past talks and interviews. The man is set in his ways and his opinion of what the market is and how to run a business. Your mantra of 'standing up to them (after you've given them your money)' is pretty funny. You're dealing with a company lead by a guy who has lived in the semi-sleezy commercial coin op world his entire life. It's gonna take more than a few pinside campaigns to make a dent in that.

What matters to Gary is what SELLS NOW.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Group A : Knows the past, knows what to expects, spends money with that expectation
Group B : Knows what they want, spends their money, then expects the world to bend to their perception

WE should make that a sticky

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Group B thinks they know how to survive in the Coin-Op industry... yet have never done it. There are countless people who have TRIED and failed.. so as flawed as you think Stern's practice is, it's keeping them afloat and growing, while everyone else struggles to even ship product. Running a business is not the same as running any business.
All we are saying is... Stern is a well known commodity.. no one has any sympathy for you when you throw money blindly at Stern and simply chose to ignore Stern's history and practices, then come around pouting how you can't believe it is this way. And instead of speaking with your wallet, you keep throwing money at them hoping that they'll listen to you more because you're a big spender.
If you haven't paid any attention to Gary Stern.. you might want to watch a bit more of his past talks and interviews. The man is set in his ways and his opinion of what the market is and how to run a business. Your mantra of 'standing up to them (after you've given them your money)' is pretty funny. You're dealing with a company lead by a guy who has lived in the semi-sleezy commercial coin op world his entire life. It's gonna take more than a few pinside campaigns to make a dent in that.
What matters to Gary is what SELLS NOW.

Dude.. I have zero idea where you are going with this.. asking "the world to bend with your perception" .. "throwing money blindly at Stern"

You are blowing this way out of proportion.

All I am suggesting is Stern test their machines better before shipping, replace the bendy wireform with a stronger one, and maybe make sure the Slimer registers.

Option A, Option B, who gives a crap. Test products before shipping.. SIMPLE.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, clearly I am amongst blue collar workers who punch in / punch out, Mon-Fri, 8-5pm.

Uh, not exactly. I design integrated circuits for a living. Our company is known for its quality and customer service. We also charge accordingly and are very profitable. In my experience, there are always trade offs to be considered.

Quoted from kpg:

I am sure to expect more educated and well thought out responses.

No need to resort to insults when others don't agree with you.

#307 4 years ago

We just held a tournament in Des Moines with a brand-new Ghostbusters. While testing the machine before the tourney started, I hit Slimer and he flew off of the wire... Luckily our tournament organizer could jerry-rig a way to get him back on there. It only had about 10 total plays before Slimer took that flight. I hope nobody else has this issue! It was also shooting straight down the middle out of the left scoop, however that could probably be an easy fix.

I have a Pro on order and am still pumped to get mine, but it was kinda scary seeing Slimer take a dive since he is built to take hundred of hits a day at the arcade.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dude.. I have zero idea where you are going with this.. asking "the world to bed with your perception" .. "throwing money blindly at Stern"
You are blowing this way out of proportion.
All I am suggesting is Stern test their machines better before shipping, replace the bendy wireform with a stronger one, and maybe make sure the Slimer registers.
Option A, Option B, who gives a crap. Test products before shipping.. SIMPLE.

In all likeyhood.. they will fix the wireform AND slimer. You just aren't patient enough to wait for it.. just like you weren't patient enough to wait for a gameplay video. And if they don't.. someone else will. These are NOT issues to be worked up about. But you've had your panties in a bunch because you can't fathom how Stern wouldn't STOP everything to fix these minor things. Don't forget that little detail.

As for Stern's development process and how well they soak their products.. I whole heartedly agree they need to change. But pre-buying games based on photos alone, begging for shipping dates ASAP, begging for gameplay videos, and endless droning about the shipping dates is NOT how you tell the company "PLEASE spend more time and effort on your games before you ship them!" - you're telling the company SHIP IT!

It's why people like myself are in no hurry to buy the latest and greatest game. We know how the sausage is made and will wait to see how the game really pans out when its been played enough, the completeness and quality of the game is clear, and find out what if any Achilles heels the game has.

You wanted to be bleeding edge.. that comes at a cost. If you think your business savvy is so much better, be sure to have a chat with Gary Stern the next time he's at a show and get it straight from the horse's mouth. Clearly we can't force this horse to drink...

Meanwhile.. you're spending hours worried about a game YOU DON"T EVEN HAVE over issues that may or may not be present, but can be fixed regardless.

When Gary Stern passes on... be sure to apply as a business analyst so you can fix all of Stern's wrongs.

#309 4 years ago

Kpg and flynnibus... do you guys have jobs? How do you find the time to constantly bicker on here?

#310 4 years ago

Every businesses favorite game is Monopoly.
Monopoly_(resized).jpg

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from cubitron:

We just held a tournament in Des Moines with a brand-new Ghostbusters. While testing the machine before the tourney started, I hit Slimer and he flew off of the wire... Luckily our tournament organizer could jerry-rig a way to get him back on there. It only had about 10 total plays before Slimer took that flight. I hope nobody else has this issue! It was also shooting straight down the middle out of the left scoop, however that could probably be an easy fix.
I have a Pro on order and am still pumped to get mine, but it was kinda scary seeing Slimer take a dive since he is built to take hundred of hits a day at the arcade.

Am I crazy, or did you post this exact thing earlier?

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I have seen it three times in different posts now. I don't know if your crazy or not

#313 4 years ago

Does anyone else here feel that Stern does a pretty good job with quality control at present? Am I the only one. They do test each and every game before shipping from my limited knowledge. Their tech support seems great. They deal with problems that people may have. I mean I know they are not perfect but for what they do they seem to do a great job. I think in all Pinball Manufacturing you are bound to have issues. I have not seen a manufacturer that hasn't and it seems to me that a lot of their machines do not have any issues after shipment.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Kpg and flynnibus... do you guys have jobs? How do you find the time to constantly bicker on here?

Presently, I do a better job of employing and creating jobs as my own "job".. that allows me the free time to post here and have a pretty kick back lifestyle that doesnt require me to perform specific assigned tasks for paychecks. Took a long time to get to that position, but it does feel great to provide almost 50 people with full time jobs to put food on their tables.

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone else here feel that Stern does a pretty good job with quality control at present? Am I the only one. They do test each and every game before shipping from my limited knowledge. Their tech support seems great. They deal with problems that people may have. I mean I know they are not perfect but for what they do they seem to do a great job. I think in all Pinball Manufacturing you are bound to have issues. I have not seen a manufacturer that hasn't and it seems to me that a lot of their machines do not have any issues after shipment.

I think where Stern lacks in QA they most definitely excel in customer support and service which is why I am purchasing the machine. I also found JJP's customer service to be pretty good as well.

#315 4 years ago

Get a room in the "basement" and go at it, gloves off...that will clean up this thread and focus on actual tech problems rather than he said she said philosophical business decisions.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So, now we are going down the road of personal and inflammatory attacks? Got it. Guess that's how you get upvotes and "atta boys" from your online friends here on Pinside and win the popularity contest.

It's a joke, lighten up Francis, not directed at anybody in particular.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Get a room in the "basement" and go at it, gloves off...that will clean up this thread and focus on actual tech problems rather than he said she said philosophical business decisions.

Thats thats a GREAT idea right there man !

Quoted from iceman44:

It's a joke, lighten up Francis, not directed at anybody in particular.

Sorry read it the wrong way, just used to the small group of Pinside gangsta's jumping me with keyboards and mouses in hand whenever they get a chance.. these guys are tough!

Midget_gang_(resized).jpg

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I posted it in another Ghostbuster's thread before I found this one.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

just used to the small group of Pinside gangsta's jumping me with keyboards and mouses in hand whenever they get a chance.. these guys are tough!

Halarious

#320 4 years ago

Back on topic... can anyone guess HOW Stern will offer a fix for the lightweight wireform by the ghost target? I can't see them asking the average consumer to pound the thing out in their living room... not to mention the other parts under there nearby that may need to be removed to get to it. Then they would want you to further drill out the hole in your brand new PF?

Wouldn't be much for some (most?) of us but there are some new buyers that won't be up for this. As Art said, they could off a thicker
wire with a taper at the bottom to go through the existing hole but I suspect the entire thing may start to bend over as the weakness will still be there... right where it goes into the PF. Weakest link and all that.

They may fix it before they ship hopefully too many more machines (right after KPG's though - jk) but what about the machines already out in the wild?

This will be interesting to follow at least

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry read it the wrong way, just used to the small group of Pinside gangsta's jumping me with keyboards and mouses in hand whenever they get a chance.. these guys are tough!

No problem, Flynnibus aka "pinside gangsta" , lives to argue, most of the time about nothing or immaterial points, and sometimes about things he knows absolutely zero about, but then again, that's kind of what pinside is!

On topic, I hope they fix all this shit before my LE ships, if not, its not a big deal. I'll deal with it.

#322 4 years ago

I agree with you KPG

I'm still waiting for a GOTLE left orbit fix that too should have been fixed before shipping!
Oww wait, STERN has fixed it - STERN removed the the left orbit completely now by code making every ball going into pops.
This is NOT a fix!!!!!

#323 4 years ago

At this point I think someone should start a new thread that lists the actual issues mentioned in here and start fresh. Shouldn't be too many. Like less than 10.

It's gonna suck looking for answers amungst all the madness.

#324 4 years ago

I summarized the issues fixed and issues outstanding on the first post. It's always disappointing to see how these self-help threads get. Also can Captain remove the 20 tagged machines that has nothing to do with this thread? It would be appreciated.

#325 4 years ago

Besides the fixes someone please made a plastic protector set especially for the slings. There is already a massive crack in the left slingshot plastic. This is a location machine so wear and tear is expected. Clear, blue, or purple would look sweet.

IMG_0992_(resized).JPG

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Besides the fixes someone please made a plastic protector set especially for the slings.

stern sells em on their site

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

My power supply fan is always on. Is this normal? It's like on a medium speed at all times.
I have a GOT Premium, the fan turns on and off.

I believe they are using a different power supply on GB, hence continuous fan operation.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

stern sells em on their site

Sweet thanks perryd I had no idea!! Ordered!

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Also can Captain remove the 20 tagged machines that has nothing to do with this thread? It would be appreciated.

sorry, i don't have the ability to remove tagged games.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I believe they are using a different power supply on GB, hence continuous fan operation.

Most computer power supplies have fans that are always on. Some (usually more expensive) power supplies can adjust the fan speed so it slows down or shuts off when it detects the temp is low enough.

#331 4 years ago

Sorry CaptainNeo it seems someone signed up as CaptainNeo2 and started adding them. My mistake.

#332 4 years ago

hummm an imposter in the works. Time to do some internet tag location hunting and see where it's coming from.

Edit: looks like the culprit has already been blocked and banned.

#333 4 years ago

Not sure if its an issue or at operators dream. Those metal inlane/outlane guides should be raised a bit. I only say this because I had about 6 games on a GB in nyc and whenever the ball hit either side with any kind of speed, it'd bounce right over and into the outlane... Happened a few times. The tilt wasn't too tight so it played fair for the most part.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

Most computer power supplies have fans that are always on. Some (usually more expensive) power supplies can adjust the fan speed so it slows down or shuts off when it detects the temp is low enough.

Almost all modern computer power supplies have fans that slow down or shut off when not needed. If my new GB power supply fan ran all the time I'd figure out why and fix it.
If they are using a standard PC power supply it should be simple to replace it. Thermaltake, Corsair, and Coolermaster all make good quality products. I'd get one about a hundred watts higher output than the one that runs all the time.
Use a good surge protector too.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Well, clearly I am amongst blue collar workers who punch in / punch out, Mon-Fri, 8-5pm. I am a business owner, and think like a businessman. I have an MBA that I worked very hard to get, and I am only applying my business experience and education when I think and speak about production lines, business, customer support, etc. Having run a successful business well over a decade, but always putting the customer first- and thinking first and foremost about quality, customer satisfaction, etc. BEFORE profit.. I'll stick with that mentality as our annual year-over-year revenue has only exponentially increased since we opened our doors this way.
The mentality that Stern should squeeze ever penny of profit OUT of the customer, so they can survive.. instead of squeezing every ounce of quality INTO the product is not something that should be encouraged, or expected. Clearly, I am amongst a different crowd here. I'll use this example of business mentality when I am hosting next weeks entrepreneur meeting and see what my colleagues think. I am sure to expect more educated and well thought out responses.

Ok, I don't know you, and you don't know me. However, this style of interaction is exactly why you are going to continue to experience negativity on this forum. I'd estimate that 95% of the posters on here DO NOT operate pinball machines in a commercial environment. So your "business" related arguments, although spot on, will not gain support in this forum. I know, I've tried.

Personally, as a business owner, and a commercial pinball operator, I agree 100% with your concerns regarding quality control. In my businesses, I always strive to be the absolute best that I can be, and do the absolute best that I can do. If a game isn't working 100% or better, it doesn't go out. Quality over quantity. Integrity over profit. In just 6 short years, I've gone from a garage startup with no experience, to the largest arcade operator on the Las Vegas strip.

I buy a minimum of two (a pro & LE) of every Stern in production. So I agree that there is simply no excuse for problems like the ball launching off of Bicycle Girl ramp on WDLE/Prem, or for GoT LE/Prem orbit issue or for GB pro wire-form bending inward and preventing the book stacking captive ball from working no matter how many times I straighten it back out. This is a failure to properly test their prototypes before building the final product for sale. Those are design problems inherent in the product, with no causation from outside forces. All of those problems were observable and identified by myself within the first 5 games from NIB. I'm still trying to fix the multitude of problems with my NIB GB pro before I can set it up at NYNY. This costs me money and time. Again, as a business owner, and as a person who earns part of their living by providing the best pinball experience, in the best condition possible, for EVERYBODY to enjoy, my equipment needs to operate at its absolute best. So ultimately, I agree with you, No excuses.

Now, on the other hand, as a regular guy, as a pinball fan, as an avid collector, as an extensive modder.... eh. I'm just having fun, dude. This is my hobby. It's not like life/death. I get that sometimes sh!t slips through cracks and it may require me to fix it before I can play it. Or even perform a factory modification to fix something accidently overlooked at the factory. So what if I have to spend some time on it, I'm waiting for my skin blades & aftermarket mods to come in anyway. It's just pinball, man. Chill.

#336 4 years ago

before I can set it up at NYNY.

How many pins do you have on the strip and where besides NYNY?

I'd love to play them next time I'm out there.

#337 4 years ago
#338 4 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Besides the fixes someone please made a plastic protector set especially for the slings. There is already a massive crack in the left slingshot plastic. This is a location machine so wear and tear is expected. Clear, blue, or purple would look sweet.

That crack is another obvious sign that the lane guides are too low. Are they just pounded into the playfield?

Rob

#339 4 years ago

Ok. Another issue I encountered today thanks to some folks that played another machine. The ramp diverter engaged after the ball went by. Odd behavior to be sure. Maybe switches? Maybe wired incorrectly? Well, in line with the 'how cheap can a Stern pin get', I was kinda blown away by this. It appears that Stern is trying to stick with these 8 coil node boards as a kind of 'standard' from here on out. So what happens when you design a game with 17 coils? Well, you just wire one of the coils in with one of the others it appears (instead of adding a 2 or 4 coil node board or having a 10 and 8 coil board or just about anything that would make more sense than this cheapo trick). The diverter and the pass through gate above the pops are wired off the same channel and when working correctly, should fire at the same time, every time. I can't remember what the coil was named in the coil test, but it was somewhat ambiguous and made no mention of firing 2 coils. Yes, my game is working properly now and this is how it is supposed to work for sure. I checked and both wires run straight through to the ball gate and are colored the same. Anyways, back to my diverter. It did require a small amount of adjusting to swing the bottom part a smidge closer to the magnet. This was pretty easy to do after removing the 3 screws holding the diverter on the ramp. There is enough wire to pull the whole assembly out from under the ramp. Reinstall. Game plays a bit different with that working now. Good luck. Can't wait to see what Stern has in store for the future!

#340 4 years ago

Ok, I don't know you, and you don't know me. However, this style of interaction is exactly why you are going to continue to experience negativity on this forum. I'd estimate that 95% of the posters on here DO NOT operate pinball machines in a commercial environment. So your "business" related arguments, although spot on, will not gain support in this forum. I know, I've tried.
Personally, as a business owner, and a commercial pinball operator, I agree 100% with your concerns regarding quality control. In my businesses, I always strive to be the absolute best that I can be, and do the absolute best that I can do. If a game isn't working 100% or better, it doesn't go out. Quality over quantity. Integrity over profit. In just 6 short years, I've gone from a garage startup with no experience, to the largest arcade operator on the Las Vegas strip.
I buy a minimum of two (a pro & LE) of every Stern in production. So I agree that there is simply no excuse for problems like the ball launching off of Bicycle Girl ramp on WDLE/Prem, or for GoT LE/Prem orbit issue or for GB pro wire-form bending inward and preventing the book stacking captive ball from working no matter how many times I straighten it back out. This is a failure to properly test their prototypes before building the final product for sale. Those are design problems inherent in the product, with no causation from outside forces. All of those problems were observable and identified by myself within the first 5 games from NIB. I'm still trying to fix the multitude of problems with my NIB GB pro before I can set it up at NYNY. This costs me money and time. Again, as a business owner, and as a person who earns part of their living by providing the best pinball experience, in the best condition possible, for EVERYBODY to enjoy, my equipment needs to operate at its absolute best. So ultimately, I agree with you, No excuses.
Now, on the other hand, as a regular guy, as a pinball fan, as an avid collector, as an extensive modder.... eh. I'm just having fun, dude. This is my hobby. It's not like life/death. I get that sometimes sh!t slips through cracks and it may require me to fix it before I can play it. Or even perform a factory modification to fix something accidently overlooked at the factory. So what if I have to spend some time on it, I'm waiting for my skin blades & aftermarket mods to come in anyway. It's just pinball, man. Chill.

Points taken, and well written post man. I don't know you, but I like what you wrote and you make sense in a non-condescending and hostile way which is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to derail the thread. Like ExtremePinball said, this is mostly a hobby for us, and talking business instead of the game itself is no fun and I get it

#341 4 years ago

Haha im enjoying this thread... Interesting read ... ill be happy to get my GBLE even if it has a bit of a issue, because like my past pins before , the issue always get sorted by my Stern Rep

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Ok. Another issue I encountered today thanks to some folks that played another machine. The ramp diverter engaged after the ball went by. Odd behavior to be sure. Maybe switches? Maybe wired incorrectly? Well, in line with the 'how cheap can a Stern pin get', I was kinda blown away by this. It appears that Stern is trying to stick with these 8 coil node boards as a kind of 'standard' from here on out. So what happens when you design a game with 17 coils? Well, you just wire one of the coils in with one of the others it appears (instead of adding a 2 or 4 coil node board or having a 10 and 8 coil board or just about anything that would make more sense than this cheapo trick). The diverter and the pass through gate above the pops are wired off the same channel and when working correctly, should fire at the same time, every time. I can't remember what the coil was named in the coil test, but it was somewhat ambiguous and made no mention of firing 2 coils. Yes, my game is working properly now and this is how it is supposed to work for sure. I checked and both wires run straight through to the ball gate and are colored the same. Anyways, back to my diverter. It did require a small amount of adjusting to swing the bottom part a smidge closer to the magnet. This was pretty easy to do after removing the 3 screws holding the diverter on the ramp. There is enough wire to pull the whole assembly out from under the ramp. Reinstall. Game plays a bit different with that working now. Good luck. Can't wait to see what Stern has in store for the future!

Wow thats crazy and cheap and another reason im not sure im a fan of the spike system and its node boards especially after the issues with it.

#343 4 years ago

Serious issue: My bank account crossed streams with my distributor and caused total protonreversal causing ending all live there.

No live elsewhere as well. Still waiting for the effects...

#344 4 years ago

Mine comes without interlock switch. Are all new pro modells without them ? Just wondering ...

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Mine comes without interlock switch. Are all new pro modells without them ? Just wondering ...

Yes.

#346 4 years ago

Ah ok thanks, an other cost cutting thing .
Good to know, now i have to take care where i put my fingers

#347 4 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned before (probably have but it bears mentioning again), but the GHOST standup should also count as a Slimer hit. In one Ghostbusters Pro on location here we are already seeing Slimer hits failing to register in mass quantities. The game is hard enough without having to shoot Slimer 5-6 times for a single shot to register and the game isn't a lot of fun if you can't get into a scene. With the operator of this particular machine, it will take a long time for this to get fixed. They still haven't fixed the stuck up diverter gate for the right orbit or the stuck book stacking captive ball that is stuck because the wire rail to the left of it bent in from shots to the GHOST target.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before (probably have but it bears mentioning again), but the GHOST standup should also count as a Slimer hit. In one Ghostbusters Pro on location here we are already seeing Slimer hits failing to register in mass quantities. The game is hard enough without having to shoot Slimer 5-6 times for a single shot to register and the game isn't a lot of fun if you can't get into a scene. With the operator of this particular machine, it will take a long time for this to get fixed. They still haven't fixed the stuck up diverter gate for the right orbit or the stuck book stacking captive ball that is stuck because the wire rail to the left of it bent in from shots to the GHOST target.

There are many people complaining of this problem, and no one from Stern has responded or addressed it yet. I do see Dwight and Jared visit this site and have commented a few times - I think it would be fair and not asking too much to see someone from Stern comment on this matter here on Pinside.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

but the GHOST standup should also count as a Slimer hit.

Great idea Les!

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There are many people complaining of this problem, and no one from Stern has responded or addressed it yet. I do see Dwight and Jared visit this site and have commented a few times - I think it would be fair and not asking too much to see someone from Stern comment on this matter here on Pinside.

I'm sure the easiest fix is going to be programming the 3X standup as a compensation hit during the slimmer mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 4465 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside