main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 91.
#3401 6 years ago

"The bug list for 1.13 is still here:"

OK as long as the We Believe You final wizard mode is on the list, because gamers are very frustrated to finally get there and game freezes up. Not cool

#3402 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

OK as long as the We Believe You final wizard mode is on the list, because gamers are very frustrated to finally get there and game freezes up. Not cool

If you can do this, I suggest making a video and posting it to YT, then share it with Chas at the tech support #. He's a great guy and will share it with the powers that be.

#3403 6 years ago

Pretty sure you experienced this one from the bug list:
- Mass Hysteria stacked with WRTBY. Phase 2 of WRTBY is to lock a ball in the right scoop and left hole to start Loopin' Supers. He locked the ball in the right scoop and drained everything else when Mass Hysteria flippers flipped. At this point , the game was unable locate the locked ball. It never ball searches, even if it goes to "Missing Pinballs". Even if you tilt, it won't let the locked ball go and thus will never serve another ball. Basically you are permanently stuck in wizard mode due to the software's inability to release the lock and presumably recognize that multi-ball had ended. A hard reset was required to kick the ball out. [PRO]

Maybe without the stack, though?

#3404 6 years ago

I linked the video of this bug just today, makes me think you guys didn't watch it? It's from a Euro guy named ermi or elmo idk. Anyways may be a similar bug to the wizard mode stack, he seemed very frustrated as he is a perfectionist Euro player very precise like German or Swiss type. I fear this stuff makes America look bad in his eyes, shame.

#3405 6 years ago

There's a few more bugs not in your list, but they have been reported. I don't have my GB any more so I obviously have no horse in this race. I would like to own a premium someday, but only if the game code gets cleaned up. I don't really care if AYAG is ever in the game, but I really wanted to see difficulty settings in the game menu to adjust things like ghost collection difficulty as an example. That is one of my top pet peeves with the current game code. It just made that part of the game too easy and 99% of the time I was playing through Loopin Supers/PKE Frenzy along with SFMB. I know I wasn't the only one who didn't like this.

Is it even possible to get SFMB more than once in a game? I couldn't figure out how to relight the captive balls to qualify the locks.

Rob

#3406 6 years ago

More GB bugs. This time found in the final wizard mode. We used to have a list compiled to share with Dwight but I think we all gave up hope a long time ago, far far away...
» YouTube video

The final wizard mode hasn't been programmed yet!

#3407 6 years ago

Yet? All we have to go off is some guy asked customer service a few months ago if there's more code planned one day in future. Answer was, yes. Haven't heard anything since...

#3408 6 years ago

about 6-8 weeks ago on facebook someone asked would there be any more code updates for GB, they did not say no and implied that in the future we would get a update - sorry can't remember the wording

#3409 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

about 6-8 weeks ago on facebook someone asked would there be any more code updates for GB, they did not say no and implied that in the future we would get a update - sorry can't remember the wording

I would hope so. There's still a lot of bugs in it.

#3410 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would hope so. There's still a lot of bugs in it.

I agree and hope so as well

#3411 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

Few sets left. PM me if interested. Also, watch video in the link above.

pic5 (resized).jpgpic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpg

#3412 6 years ago

I'm having in issue with my Premium. The left ramp rarely returns the ball to the right flipper. When the ball goes into the subway, it stops and then shoots out the scoop. Common issue? Sure slows down the flow of the game.

EDIT: Nevermind. Next time I'll search first.

#3413 6 years ago

I have been having problems with my slimer registering hits, i believe i have the new mechanism but he just wont register, any ideas how to fix him.

Thanks

#3414 6 years ago

stern never say that there is no more code coming. I asked on the first SW stream on Dead_Flip and didn't get a response!

#3415 6 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

I have been having problems with my slimer registering hits, i believe i have the new mechanism but he just wont register, any ideas how to fix him.
Thanks

i had trouble registering Slimer hits on mine. you had to nail it super hard, and even then it would only register from certain angles. i took it apart and there is actually an adjustment you can make to make it more sensitive. there is a cable that passes through an opening -- make sure the cable passes through the center of the opening, and isn't off to one side. after adjusting and re-asembling it, mine registers hits very easily now. (i believe i have the old design, however)

#3416 6 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Thanks

With the new slimer mech. Adjust so slimer's cable so it just touches the front of the contact ring. You can test sensitivity in switch test. This is normally closed switch in the current code.

When you hit slimer , contact needs to open easily.
If you have a premium, make sure that Slimer rotating does not cause false hits, although stern says they suppress hits on "rotate down" action.

#3417 6 years ago

I just finished fitting the parts sent to me to upgrade my pro slimer to the new style mech ( see previous page ). I'm happy to say the pieces shown in the photo were all that was required. I had to cut off the heat shrink tubing that covers the whole arm to get to the slimer connection wire so now it doesn't look as good but it works a lot better than before now.

#3418 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just finished fitting the parts sent to me to upgrade my pro slimer to the new style mech ( see previous page ). I'm happy to say the pieces shown in the photo were all that was required. I had to cut off the heat shrink tubing that covers the whole arm to get to the slimer connection wire so now it doesn't look as good but it works a lot better than before now.

Shrink tube is cheap. You can get any size any color off ebay . Use a heat gun to shrink it.

#3419 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Shrink tube is cheap. You can get any size any color off ebay . Use a heat gun to shrink it.

Yeah I will sort it. I initially thought the new slimer was just incompatible with this arm hence why stern had supplied others with the complete mechanism, because the suspension wire is much shorter on the new one. On the old slimer the suspension wire terminates halfway down the arm hidden by the sleeving, luckily there's enough wire there to just about pull it through to the top of the mech to make the new connection.

#3421 6 years ago

hey guys.
does anybody notice when you try to trap ball or slow down it just bounces off and around to outlane?
it does a deadbounce great. is there something with the bands? or what?

#3422 6 years ago

Well isn't that special

IMG_3521 (resized).JPGIMG_3521 (resized).JPG

#3423 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well isn't that special

Twinkie mod made a ball trap?

#3424 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Twinkie mod made a ball trap?

Oh lol didn't even think of Twinkie ball lock 1 mod

#3425 6 years ago

Twinkie fail!
Better take another bite out of the other end NV so it doesn't impede play.
Bikini season is almost over, it's okay if you cheat just this once P-Money!

#3426 6 years ago

you can stop that from happening, by moving the sewer sign to the top screw hole with the bottom hole. Ball will roll out every time it goes up there.

#3427 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Twinkie fail!
Better take another bite out of the other end NV so it doesn't impede play.
Bikini season is almost over, it's okay if you cheat just this once P-Money!

I can feel my love handles growing :/

#3428 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can stop that from happening, by moving the sewer sign to the top screw hole with the bottom hole. Ball will roll out every time it goes up there.

Thanks neo, I'll move the sign

#3429 6 years ago

Dupe

#3430 6 years ago

"I would hope so. There's still a lot of bugs in it."

Was shocked to see a prem version of GB used in a recent Buffalo pinball tournament.. they turned off Scholari Brothers though. I'm sorry but this game has no business in tournys until bugs get fixed!

#3431 6 years ago

"I would hope so. There's still a lot of bugs in it."
Was shocked to see a prem version of GB used in a recent Buffalo pinball tournament.. they turned off Scholari Brothers though. I'm sorry but this game has no business in tournys until bugs get fixed!

No bugs...Incomplete code, uneven scoring, and the novelty of the scoleri targets is generally not enjoyed in tournament play.

Owners hope Dwight will finish off the code and scoring imbalances, but no mechanical bugs that havent been addressed.

#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No bugs...Incomplete code, uneven scoring, and the novelty of the scoleri targets is generally not enjoyed in tournament play.
Owners hope Dwight will finish off the code and scoring imbalances, but no mechanical bugs that havent been addressed.

I dunno. The Scoleri targets not going down from direct hits is what I would call a mechanical bug. Like many Stern target mechs, soft hits work fine, hard hits and they might as well be walls.

Also had a machine reset yesterday, again connected to the librarian scoop on the left. I don't think that bug has been fully addressed yet.

#3433 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. The Scoleri targets not going down from direct hits is what I would call a mechanical bug. Like many Stern target mechs, soft hits work fine, hard hits and they might as well be walls.
Also had a machine reset yesterday, again connected to the librarian scoop on the left. I don't think that bug has been fully addressed yet.

The Scoleri's are fine, if you know they don't like a straight on hit, then simply backhand them. If I hit the drop target on my ST to hard, it won't go down either (although I'm going to try and fix that). All of the Stern drops seem to behave this way and tournament players will know that. It's just the scoleri are up closer so they get hit harder.

I've had my premium almost a year now and haven't had the reset issues. I'm not sure it's actually a software bug as much as it may be line voltage being a little lower some places and too much stuff going on.

Now I will say there are bugs and we deserve another code release. I mean the most annoying is when you're playing a game and it says 'FREE PLAY'... Still have a blast playing the game when I'm not cursing at it, but then again thats fun too as long as I'm winning

#3434 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I've had my premium almost a year now and haven't had the reset issues. I'm not sure it's actually a software bug as much as it may be line voltage being a little lower some places and too much stuff going on.

Unlikely. All the ones I've seen are tied to that librarian scoop. I even made instructions for making it fail on the version before, and rather than fix the root bug, Stern took out one of the steps so it couldn't be reliably reproduced in 1.13. Now it's random (well, at least I can't find another set of reliably reproducible steps) again, but the core bug is clearly still there.

#3435 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unlikely. All the ones I've seen are tied to that librarian scoop. I even made instructions for making it fail on the version before, and rather than fix the root bug, Stern took out one of the steps so it couldn't be reliably reproduced in 1.13. Now it's random (well, at least I can't find another set of reliably reproducible steps) again, but the core bug is clearly still there.

OK, then that does suck...

#3436 6 years ago

i've seen sopranos drop and transformers drop do the exact same thing. It's not just GB that brick on the drops. hell, my pinball magic used to brick on direct hits too. It's a drop target thing, not a GB thing. If it pisses you off when it happens. Either don't buy games with drops, or learn how to graze them from the edges or backhand.

#3437 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've seen sopranos drop and transformers drop do the exact same thing. It's not just GB that brick on the drops. hell, my pinball magic used to brick on direct hits too. It's a drop target thing, not a GB thing. If it pisses you off when it happens. Either don't buy games with drops, or learn how to graze them from the edges or backhand.

I know how to get around the design problem, but older machines drops work right, so if Stern has this problem, they should look hard at re-engineering their mechanism so they work as a drop target should. This slow-motion normalization of abnormal function and behavior (drop targets that don't drop from direct hits, insert ghosting is "normal", GoT left orbit is "as designed") is not good for pinball. It should not be accepted with a shrug.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn...

#3438 6 years ago

I think you just have to give it some time. I've had plenty of old games that brick all the time as well. Let them break in a bit and I think it will get better over time. As the plastic wears, the metal lip wears, it won't regrab so easy anymore and should drop more and more consistent.

#3439 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think you just have to give it some time. I've had plenty of old games that brick all the time as well. Let them break in a bit and I think it will get better over time. As the plastic wears, the metal lip wears, it won't regrab so easy anymore and should drop more and more consistent.

Dunno. These are routed machines with thousands of plays. Drop targets should have broken in by now if they're going to.

#3440 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know how to get around the design problem, but older machines drops work right, so if Stern has this problem, they should look hard at re-engineering their mechanism so they work as a drop target should.

http://funwithbonus.com/new-pinball-dictionary-bally-brick/

#3442 6 years ago

Okay. That doesn't change the fact that the consistency of this is new and older machines had it happen much less often. It's an engineering problem that can be solved if Stern is so inclined.

#3443 6 years ago

For the drop targets, wasn't it recommended you make the springs even tighter? aka pull down and connect it lower on the spring to make the drop more sensitive?

#3444 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For the drop targets, wasn't it recommended you make the springs even tighter? aka pull down and connect it lower on the spring to make the drop more sensitive?

Yes about 10 or 15 coils. I did that to mine and now they drop really nice.

#3445 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes about 10 or 15 coils. I did that to mine and now they drop really nice.

perfect. I need to change mine. I'll update! Mine brick hard....90% of the time.

#3446 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It's on my to-do list for the GB on location, but if that's the solution and it's so simple, why hasn't Stern adopted it for all their drop target mechs? It boggles the mind.

#3447 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's on my to-do list for the GB on location, but if that's the solution and it's so simple, why hasn't Stern adopted it for all their drop target mechs? It boggles the mind.

Stern doesn't do logical things..... in theory then, they should instead use a stronger spring instead of their current. However PBL had new springs...but they didn't work for me.

#3448 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Spring adjust, or change, and/or adding washers are common tweaks to some new games.
Some, not all.

Yes, Stern could improve...at worst making any adjustments easier by a mile, and even lower
the percentage this has in production.

Its just the normal method of the forum, I have a target issue, complaint or help.
After one person starts, any mountain of replies follow and then it appears to people
as a major defect. Its not, nor will "perfection" be achieved.

Ive been adjusting Drop Targets since 1968 up to GB.
I have no issues with my drops on my GB out of box.

If it bothers someone, adjust, or turn them off.

#3449 6 years ago

Think about it guys - if you didn't have something to blame Stern over (dust on the game - or a dimple on the play field - or the game being too loud) what would the internet be for?

#3450 6 years ago

I put in the shorter springs and have had no more problems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 103.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/69?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.