main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 91.
#3351 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

What is the replacement auto launch spring people are using to replace the original? Part number? Thanks!!!

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437

#3352 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

What is the replacement auto launch spring people are using to replace the original?

With the heavier compression spring installed, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit when the gate is open?

#3353 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If 1-2 washers dont do it, youll need short 6-32 standoffs...1/4" or shorter.....

Do I need 2 stand offs?
And are they female/female or female male?

Thanks art!

#3354 6 years ago

I still have say 20-30% fails with the higher compression auto plunger spring. Could playfield angle etc play a part. Could the metal exit ramp and the metal ball guide be misaligned and if so has anyone tackled this?

For the life of me, why did Stern go for a shooter lane launching ramp and not stick with a B/W style one way gate. I'm not that keen on seeing the ball slam the pf upon every entry. Has to be a cheaper option and fail safe...no?

#3355 6 years ago

Just get 3.....I use them lots of places for Mods, and lighting. Male to Female, to thread the nut.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3356 6 years ago

Did you try this on your GB? Does it work pretty consistently? Thanks!

#3357 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

With the heavier compression spring installed, does the ball still easily make it all the way around the orbit when the gate is open?

It's still not perfect, but I do think this spring makes the ball path smoother overall and makes it all the way around the orbit. It's a cheap part and is easy to switch out, so it's probably worth a shot.

#3358 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

It's still not perfect, but I do think this spring makes the ball path smoother overall and makes it all the way around the orbit. It's a cheap part and is easy to switch out, so it's probably worth a shot.

Sweet will try that thanks!

#3359 6 years ago

Just got done listening to the Pinball Podcast with Jeff, and was wondering if there have been issues with the main node boards (not the lamps), failing on Ghostbusters. Jeff mentioned this on his podcast and the cost of $300.00 to replace. Wanting to buy this game, but seems like there are a lot of issues still.

#3360 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Just got done listening to the Pinball Podcast with Jeff, and was wondering if there have been issues with the main node boards (not the lamps), failing on Ghostbusters. Jeff mentioned this on his podcast and the cost of $300.00 to replace. Wanting to buy this game, but seems like there are a lot of issues still.

"
There are Random issues, that get magnified by a forum, as people come on to share any "issues" as opposed to hundred of people saying, "works great!"

There are a few tweaks, nothing any more than normal, and an occasional issue.

Great Game, selling extremely well, and Im enjoying it almost 1 year now.....

#3361 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

"
There are a few tweaks, nothing any more than normal.....

I mean all you had to do was what? Invent a ramp air ball protector, lane hoping protector...standard stuff?

#3362 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

No one I personally know has had one, nor my premium. There's a thread already about resolderinf sm parts and it isn't that bad if you've done smd before like video game controller leds.

You have a warranty through a distributor too so don't forget about that.

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean all you had to do was what? Invent a ramp air ball protector, lane hoping protector...standard stuff?

Ive hand made stuff for lots of games since the early 70's .....doesnt bother me, something I enjoy.

I dont share often, because people "want" or its not perfect at the 100% satisfaction/perfection rate required.

In this case GB was an A-, to a B+, and I'm damn happy about it!

If its something that bothers you, sorry to hear that.

#3364 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No one I personally know has had one, nor my premium. There's a thread already about resolderinf sm parts and it isn't that bad if you've done smd before like video game controller leds.
You have a warranty through a distributor too so don't forget about that.

Thanks for the response. Ghostbusters is a great game, glad to hear that this has not been a big issue.

#3365 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Don't let it stop you from getting this great game.

I bought a used Ghostbusters (Pro) about a month ago and 30 minutes after I set it up in my house I had a main node board (8) fail. This after playing the thing and watching it work flawlessly for a couple hours. I believe most people who've had issues with them have had the same issue, which I believe to be a voltage regulator going bad. Look through my posts if you want to see the whole story on getting this repaired.

My new node board is a diffferent revision (the one they are putting in Aerosmith (Pro) ), hopefully that update addressed some of these "less reliable" components.

knobstone If the chance of the board failing is your reservation I think you have two options. 1) buy new from a distro so you get a warranty. 2) buy used and hold back 300 bucks assuming you'll spend that for a node board in the future.

#3366 6 years ago

So sad. My subway coil stopped working. What do I do now ? It looks like it burnt. And my left flipper started sticking a little bit as well. Nooooooooo. Any body help ? Only 4 months old. 3800plays

IMG_1264 (resized).JPGIMG_1264 (resized).JPG

#3367 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

So sad. My subway coil stopped working. What do I do now ? It looks like it burnt. And my left flipper started sticking a little bit as well. Nooooooooo. Any body help ? Only 4 months old. 3800plays

3800 plays in 4 months, 31 games a day .

#3368 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Sorry. Gonna have to maintain the game especially if you're putting that kind of play on it. Rebuild the flipper, test the coil, if shorted, replace it.

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. Gonna have to maintain the game especially if you're putting that kind of play on it. Rebuild the flipper, test the coil, if shorted, replace it.

Coil is burnt,the test doesn't recognize it. I'm hoping warranty will cover it. My left flipper is sticking as well. Just enough to be annoying. My distributor should. D able to help me. It's my first and only pin,im not super versed in the tech side but am trying. The community on here is helpful. When you say rebuild the flipper? Im pretty sure the problem is inside the flipper coil. I've checked all the screws and whatnot. All snug. The little nub on the end of the coil pops out too much when the flipper is engaged. If I push in on it the flipper goes down,if I hold it and flip it works perfectly?

#3370 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Coil is burnt,the test doesn't recognize it. I'm hoping warranty will cover it. My left flipper is sticking as well. Just enough to be annoying. My distributor should. D able to help me. It's my first and only pin,im not super versed in the tech side but am trying. The community on here is helpful. When you say rebuild the flipper? Im pretty sure the problem is inside the flipper coil. I've checked all the screws and whatnot. All snug. The little nub on the end of the coil pops out too much when the flipper is engaged. If I push in on it the flipper goes down,if I hold it and flip it works perfectly?

Great resource for all flipper rebuild questions. FYI my coil stop was destroyed on my GOT pro after 5k plays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Just replace the coil stop. The "little nub" on the end of the coil stop should be solid, not moving. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=274

While you are at it, order a new $9 coil http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1993 just remember to cut the diode off the replacement coil as GB doesn't have diodes on coils.

#3372 6 years ago

At least all these playfield fixes keep everyone busy as I have not seen any complaints about more code. Silver lining I suppose. Kind of like 'A Cure for Wellness'. Very clever Stern.

Speaking of code, we all thought Dwight was working on Star Wars this whole time but early reports indicate not even SW code is past Beta? Wtf has he been doing this whole time then

#3373 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Just replace the coil stop. The "little nub" on the end of the coil stop should be solid, not moving. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=274
While you are at it, order a new $9 coil http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1993 just remember to cut the diode off the replacement coil as GB doesn't have diodes on coils.

Thanks,seems like not too hard of a fix. Hoping my local guy has some in stock,and is covered by warranty (super cheap either way). Also seems like those coil stops should come installed on the flippers,but nope,both mine are a bit loose... Thanks for the help,appreciate it, hope to get playing again asap!!

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

The one we got (GB Prem) also had this same coil die within the first week. Fortunately I had a replacement on hand, and Stern sent one out to replace the dead one.

#3375 6 years ago

I'm having issues with the left scoop registering every time. It's like the switch isn't quite long enough to always register it if the ball settles in a corner or similar.

Any suggestions?

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

I'm having issues with the left scoop registering every time. It's like the switch isn't quite long enough to always register it if the ball settles in a corner or similar.
Any suggestions?

You just have to tweak the switch until it registers all the time. There's no shortcut. (That is, unless part of your switch arm broke off making it physically too short, but I doubt this)

#3377 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just get 3.....I use them lots of places for Mods, and lighting. Male to Female, to thread the nut.

wheres a cheap place to get them? marco doesn't seem to list them.

#3378 6 years ago

FYI,my #8 node board went out in the first 3 days ! 88plays! Chas at Stern had me a new one in 1 week! So far,so good!

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Any suggestions?

I had a similar problem with my scoop. In my case, the screws holding the switch to the scoop loosened up to the point one of the screws fell out. Check and adjust the switch, should be an easy fix.

#3380 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I had a similar problem with my scoop. In my case, the screws holding the switch to the scoop loosened up to the point one of the screws fell out. Check and adjust the switch, should be an easy fix.

Exact same thing happened to mine. One of the tiny black screws loosened and fell. Happened twice. So I tightened it as much as I could safely. No problems since. Many many games ago

#3381 6 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Exact same thing happened to mine. One of the tiny black screws loosened and fell. Happened twice. So I tightened it as much as I could safely. No problems since. Many many games ago

This is exactly what happened on mine as well. I fixed it and gave it a bit of a bend. It seems to be working now. Thanks!

#3382 6 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

wheres a cheap place to get them? marco doesn't seem to list them.

OLDPINGUY

Are these the ones? Also pbl didn't have them listed on their site

http://www.newark.com/raf-electronic-hardware/4530-632-al-7/spacer-standoff-aluminium-6-35mmx6/dp/27T8870

#3383 6 years ago

Yes, essentially.

I cant guarantee to that this wont be to tall for your needs.

heres the 1/2" from PBL

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3586

Here is 1/4" on Ebay

http://tinyurl.com/ybqm5peo

Some Ace Hardware, and computer stores might carry as well.

Now the use of this is strictly to raise an aiur ball protector higher than 1-2 washers so a ball may pass
back underneath when it rolls backward, from an incomplete trip up the ramp.

I am aware of less than 5 people, globally, that have reached me with this issue, and it was more that
2 washers work...but there wasnt enough thread height to grab the nut.

#3384 6 years ago

regarding the shorter hex post for the right ramp, someone graciously gave me the link, but i forgot the size. doh:

this was the link

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358

but largest is 7/8"s, too short i assume? pinside search tells me the size should be 1-5/8" which would be:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359

just need a sanity check b4 ordering, it is one of the last remaining annoyances i'd like to get rid of.

#3385 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

regarding the shorter hex post for the right ramp, someone graciously gave me the link, but i forgot the size. doh:
this was the link
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358
but largest is 7/8"s, too short i assume? pinside search tells me the size should be 1-5/8" which would be:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=359
just need a sanity check b4 ordering, it is one of the last remaining annoyances i'd like to get rid of.

1 5/8"

1 week later
#3386 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I made a new airball protector today. I played a few games on it tonight and it worked perfectly. I have a second one that I made. I'll scan it in if anyone wants to make their own.

Quoted from Aquapin:

Here is the final revision of my right orbit plastic. Tested with 50 auto launches, had only one failure (bounce off the plastic). Worked fine in 10 games, all right orbits registered fine. Great improvement over not having anything at all.
Bend is at the 15mm mark.

Based on these pinsiders' designs I made a set for myself and a few more extras.
For $20 you will get 1 airball protector and 1 right orbit plastic = 1 set.

If anyone is interested PM me as I want to get rid of the extra's. (note plastic film is on the clear plastic to protect it - peel off when you receive).

thx
-cpr9999

pic4 (resized).jpgpic4 (resized).jpg

pic5 (resized).jpgpic5 (resized).jpg

pic3 (resized).jpgpic3 (resized).jpg

pic7 (resized).jpgpic7 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3387 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Based on these pinsiders' designs I made a set for myself and a few more extras.
For $20 you will get 1 airball protector and 1 right orbit plastic = 1 set.
If anyone is interested PM me as I want to get rid of the extra's. (note plastic film is on the clear plastic to protect it - peel off when you receive).
thx
-cpr9999

Note, had to update price because of shipping & laser guy.

See mod link - I will make updates here in the future.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector

#3388 6 years ago

Can anyone link me to a post which clearly shows whats needed/should be supplied to upgrade original slimer mech to the new design please? I've had a few parts sent to me to supposedly replace the mech but I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to it than that.

20170721_092727 (resized).jpg20170721_092727 (resized).jpg

#3389 6 years ago

Upgraded one? I wasn't aware. I've heard of adjusting and adding washers to help with butt dragging.

#3390 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Can anyone link me to a post which clearly shows whats needed/should be supplied to upgrade original slimer mech to the new design please? I've had a few parts sent to me to supposedly replace the mech but I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to it than that.

Here's John's Arcade video on how to upgrade slimer. He received a full new slimer arm.
I've never personally seen the old mech disassembled so I cannot say how to use those parts.
You can post pictures of the old mech and then I can comment more.

#3391 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It makes more sense if you look at the exploded view so you can take yours apart and reassemble.
I suggest you take photos before taking it apart in case you have to put it back the old way.
slimer prem-le (resized).pngslimer prem-le (resized).png
slimer pro new (resized).pngslimer pro new (resized).png

#3392 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Upgraded one? I wasn't aware. I've heard of adjusting and adding washers to help with butt dragging.

Yes, Very early on in the life of GB, Stern released a better Slimer mech because the 1st one registered its hits very poorly.
The new mech registers much better.

#3393 6 years ago

Thanks for the images. I've read somewhere that the system changed from a normally open to a normally closed switch setup? Did I dream that?

#3394 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes, Very early on in the life of GB, Stern released a better Slimer mech because the 1st one registered its hits very poorly.
The new mech registers much better.

Yes it does... is this a warranty replace or can I buy the kit?

Crazy! I never knew they did that.

#3395 6 years ago

It's a warranty replacement but think distributor just ordered what he thought was needed as stern not playing ball.

#3396 6 years ago

Is there a fix being issued by Stern that makes this game FUN?

#3397 6 years ago

More GB bugs. This time found in the final wizard mode. We used to have a list compiled to share with Dwight but I think we all gave up hope a long time ago, far far away...

#3398 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

if that's an upgrade kit, it looks like they cut off the entire bottom of slimer. Guess that's one way not to get drag.

#3399 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

More GB bugs. This time found in the final wizard mode. We used to have a list compiled to share with Dwight but I think we all gave up hope a long time ago, far far away...
» YouTube video

The bug list for 1.13 is still here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

#3400 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It's a warranty replacement but think distributor just ordered what he thought was needed as stern not playing ball.

The proper process for this one is to work through your distributor. It sounds like your guy did not know about the upgrade kit.
I would call your dist and explain the details. You will need to ship back to stern your old Slimer mech and all that per John's arcade 's video .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/68?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.