Quoted from cantbfrank:
Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.
1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?
2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.
3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
1. I had airballs on the ramp and took me quite a while to realize the protector had droopped just a bit so the ball would barely touch it going up and fling the ball into the air. Solution is to make sure the drop target airball protector is higher. Add some washers under both sides and also don't tighten down the right side to much, let it float a little.
2. I only have this if I am trying to plunge lightly to get it to roll back down the lane. Check your left/right level on the playfield, maybe the ball is rattling as it is being launched so that slows it down to much.
3. My ball always makes it through the left gate. However, I took the right one way gate off, added some washers behind it so it angled more in line with the ball lane. I did this early on when I was adding a mirror for the lane lights and noticed it did not appear to be aligned with the ball lane, but was rather just bolted on at a 90 degree angle with the backboard.
FYI I haven't taken mylar off my machine and believe I'm getting the switch to register just fine. I'll have to pay more attention, but in general I play ghostbusters a little more stop and go (except during multiball). I try to keep from having super fast shots, to much chance to lose the ball.