main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 91.
#3251 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not sure what to about the left scoop but I can tell you right now if you don't remove that piece of mylar that your switch isn't going to register on hard fast shots. Why wouldn't you want to remove the mylar in that orbit? The game is much more fun when that switch registers every time.

does anyone have a picture of the mylar the should be removed

#3252 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.
1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?
2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.
3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1. I made my own, but I had to decrease the plastic area over the ramp entrance by cutting more out of the midsection "U". The airballs happen on the sides with the target, so the plastic in the middle is just a connector. I haven't got it quite right, but it works with 95% or more of the shots. Only the occasional really fast one will go slightly airborne and hit the plastic on the way up, slowing it or rejecting it. I've attached a pic of one of the early ones I made.
2. That's not your problem. I had this issue, too, at the very beginning. I don't remember 100%, but I *think* it was the shooter lane switch not registering right so it didn't know you had plunged the ball. Check in switch test mode to see if it's registering the resting ball as it's kicked out of the trough.

version1 (resized).jpgversion1 (resized).jpg

#3253 6 years ago

Remove the protector, and if sagging, search for flattening plastic, or raise the protector with washers, or standoffs.

My Right VUK goes everywhere...right, left, fast, slow, dribble to outlanes....is this with anyone else?

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. I made my own, but I had to decrease the plastic area over the ramp entrance by cutting more out of the midsection "U". The airballs happen on the sides with the target, so the plastic in the middle is just a connector. I haven't got it quite right, but it works with 95% or more of the shots. Only the occasional really fast one will go slightly airborne and hit the plastic on the way up, slowing it or rejecting it. I've attached a pic of one of the early ones I made.
2. That's not your problem. I had this issue, too, at the very beginning. I don't remember 100%, but I *think* it was the shooter lane switch not registering right so it didn't know you had plunged the ball. Check in switch test mode to see if it's registering the resting ball as it's kicked out of the trough.

Exactly what king of plastic is that? thanks.

#3255 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Exactly what king of plastic is that? thanks.

PET-G. Much better than acrylic, which can break very easily.

#3256 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because if the left goes to the left, that means both scoops eject to the left which seems wrong (and probably is). Right scoop ejects to left flipper and left scoop ejects to right flipper in Ghostbusters. It's also the way the one I maintain came set up from the factory.

Scoop on the left seems or should go to the right. Theres not many shots that return the ball to the right flipper.

#3257 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Scoop on the left seems or should go to the right. Theres not many shots that return the ball to the right flipper.

There aren't many shots that return to either flipper LOL.

#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.
1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?
2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.
3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1. I had airballs on the ramp and took me quite a while to realize the protector had droopped just a bit so the ball would barely touch it going up and fling the ball into the air. Solution is to make sure the drop target airball protector is higher. Add some washers under both sides and also don't tighten down the right side to much, let it float a little.

2. I only have this if I am trying to plunge lightly to get it to roll back down the lane. Check your left/right level on the playfield, maybe the ball is rattling as it is being launched so that slows it down to much.

3. My ball always makes it through the left gate. However, I took the right one way gate off, added some washers behind it so it angled more in line with the ball lane. I did this early on when I was adding a mirror for the lane lights and noticed it did not appear to be aligned with the ball lane, but was rather just bolted on at a 90 degree angle with the backboard.

FYI I haven't taken mylar off my machine and believe I'm getting the switch to register just fine. I'll have to pay more attention, but in general I play ghostbusters a little more stop and go (except during multiball). I try to keep from having super fast shots, to much chance to lose the ball.

#3259 6 years ago

I think ART suggested some taller posts to get the protector a little higher. I need to get those asap. As I put swinks things on the stand ups and took art's protector off and I have air balls like a mofo. But at 1 washer or 2 washers the protector would catch the ball on the ramp.

#3260 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

This is very frustrating.
This is a problem with the shooter lane switch not registering.
Check switch under pf make sure the 1/8th in. Screws are not loose and it is tight and as high as it can be. Also if you have cliffys in the shooter lane it could cause th ball to sit higher up and not register that switch. Maybe a little bend of the switch arm if needed after checking under the pf.

#3261 6 years ago

Omg i really wanna buy this pin in premium, but every time im in here, i change my mind completely.

Watta nice theme and artwork. Klonky game yes okey. Cheap drains yes allright. I accept most of it, but not all those issues!!

I really hope stern somehow updates this pin, i would love to buy one. But N O T like this

#3262 6 years ago

issues...ah well any new stern wont wear nice. I have an old sega LWJP and stern WPT that don't have the shooter lane damage as bad as tron or metallica pro. But that is the new norm, however my GB prem only has the air ball thing and that is solved. Otherwise it has been pretty flawless. Really good game and if you get a new prem now most the issues have been worked out. If you go used, you may have to tweak if the first owner didn't.

#3263 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This is very frustrating.
This is a problem with the shooter lane switch not registering.
Check switch under pf make sure the 1/8th in. Screws are not loose and it is tight and as high as it can be. Also if you have cliffys in the shooter lane it could cause th ball to sit higher up and not register that switch. Maybe a little bend of the switch arm if needed after checking under the pf.

Thanks good idea.

#3264 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Omg i really wanna buy this pin in premium, but every time im in here, i change my mind completely.
Watta nice theme and artwork. Klonky game yes okey. Cheap drains yes allright. I accept most of it, but not all those issues!!
I really hope stern somehow updates this pin, i would love to buy one. But N O T like this

You shouldn't feel this way. All of these 'issues' are mostly us knitpicking and wanting a perfect machine. I go through similar things on every pin I own from a players classic Bally to a new machine. Casual players and the general public would never notice anything. However we are the top 1% of fanatics and obsess over everything.

Ghostbusters is an incredible machine, but it is hard and can be frustrating. I don't think it'll leave my collection, but we have been having a blast with Aerosmith also since I got it. That is just a pure fun game and not as frustrating. Beautiful too!

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ghostbusters is an incredible machine, but it is hard and can be frustrating. I don't think it'll leave my collection,

I've owned my Ghostbusters (Pro) for about a month now, I don't see it leaving either..

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

really hope stern somehow updates this pin, i would love to buy one. But N O T like this

If this is how you feel then you'll never own one. Just dive in and have fun. All issues can be worked out.

#3267 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

issues...ah well any new stern wont wear nice. I have an old sega LWJP and stern WPT that don't have the shooter lane damage as bad as tron or metallica pro. But that is the new norm, however my GB prem only has the air ball thing and that is solved. Otherwise it has been pretty flawless. Really good game and if you get a new prem now most the issues have been worked out. If you go used, you may have to tweak if the first owner didn't.

Can you please bee more specific? what did they change/update, i am thinking about going for a Pro here. or a nib st pro, cant deside. Ive played GB LE and ST LE loved both games, but issues makes me hmmmmmmmh...

Also, something tells me pro has less stuff, and maby less problems, just a thought

Again, after SW announcemnt, GBs are for sale all over the place in europe now but offcourse same is with alot other pins

#3268 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Can you please bee more specific? what did they change/update, i am thinking about going for a Pro here. or a nib st pro, cant deside. Ive played GB LE and ST LE loved both games, but issues makes me hmmmmmmmh...
Also, something tells me pro has less stuff, and maby less problems, just a thought
Again, after SW announcemnt, GBs are for sale all over the place in europe now but offcourse same is with alot other pins

If you have the extra money for a premium GB than I would buy the premiums because yes it does have more "stuff" than the pro model and it's stuff that matters IMO like magna slings, subway ramp, and the nicer playfield toys.

The pro model is a good pin also but its just not the complete GB experience. If I had to decide on ST pro or GB pro, I maybe.would lean toward ST.......tough call.

As far as the issues that GB has, you are reading into this way too much and getting all worked up over nothing. None of the issues are a big deal and easy to fix. If you have no mechanical ability what so ever, not only is GB not for you, owning a pinball machine of any kind is probably not for you. I don't say that to be rude either so please don't take it that way, just being honest. Sometimes pinball machines need work, it's just the nature of this hobby.

#3269 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you have the extra money for a premium GB than I would buy the premiums because yes it does have more "stuff" than the pro model and it's stuff that matters IMO like magna slings, subway ramp, and the nicer playfield toys.
The pro model is a good pin also but its just not the complete GB experience. If I had to decide on ST pro or GB pro, I maybe.would lean toward ST.......tough call.
As far as the issues that GB has, you are reading into this way too much and getting all worked up over nothing. None of the issues are a big deal and easy to fix. If you have no mechanical ability what so ever, not only is GB not for you, owning a pinball machine of any kind is probably not for you. I don't say that to be rude either so please don't take it that way, just being honest. Sometimes pinball machines need work, it's just the nature of this hobby.

Thanks
I have 7 pins and love repairing them as much as playing them. The thing is, i really dont want to deal with issues when i buy a NIB. Isint that the whole idea, that nib keeps tou from replacing 20year old switches and so on.

Yep GB LE was a blast to play. Really short ball times though.
I have bought SW LE and want one more at same time, premium would bee an overkill, mostley i want a ST premium but they are sold out. Very few pros left

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

The thing is, i really dont want to deal with issues when i buy a NIB.

They are tweaks. The game isn't unplayable if you do nothing. Just need to make adjustments to get it dialed in just like getting a used unshopped game. Except way less work. Just takes people some time to figure out resolutions with new game issues.

#3271 6 years ago

seems more often we have to tweak here & there, some games more than others...

#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

seems more often we have to tweak here & there, some games more than others...

For sure. But I've never seen a new game that isn't worth buying because of the tweaks that are needed.

#3273 6 years ago

understanding tweaking but why so many airballs? What was the last Stern title that didn't have lots of airballs, like Met, GB, TWD to name a few. Also why are there so many airballs lately, is Stern not play testing their games very well or are there flippers high strung?

#3274 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

understanding tweaking but why so many airballs? What was the last Stern title that didn't have lots of airballs, like Met, GB, TWD to name a few. Also why are there so many airballs lately, is Stern not play testing their games very well or are there flippers high strung?

name a Stern game with lots of airballs besides GB. haha. Is it JT? I don't know. Just break the game in and they stop. The GB pro I used for tournaments never gets them.

#3275 6 years ago

chuck : yes +1, i was with you on that "tweak" com of course

and about airballs : seems more since spike system, being to powerfull !?

#3276 6 years ago

Can someone give me a link to the flipper bats that are supposedly a little longer? I think I want to purchase a set as the SDTM is driving me nuts! Also, would I need different rubbers to put over the longer bats? If so, could I trouble someone for links to those as well? Thank you!!

#3277 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Can someone give me a link to the flipper bats that are supposedly a little longer? I think I want to purchase a set as the SDTM is driving me nuts! Also, would I need different rubbers to put over the longer bats? If so, could I trouble someone for links to those as well? Thank you!!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=20-9592

i use translucent green super bands, they work fine normal size.

while your swapping them out, don't have them "droop" down as they are now.

does not solve the SDTM's but helps and makes it more playable IMHO (this plus a little nudge and i rarely drain SDTM)

#3278 6 years ago

You can always try these, they are awesome. They are a very premium product and the price reflects it too. Since I've installed them and the awesome purple anodized buttons, my game of GB is alot more enjoyable like most other pins out there. Doing things like slap saves etc actually works. I'm generally very bad at pinball so these saved my GB game for me. I line them up straight with the inlanes, not droopy. It's amazing which shots you can hit. I can now even backhand the right ramp and left orbit. It's crazy good now with these new flippers (3.5mm longer each).

http://www.adpin.de/english/shop/

Quoted from cscmtp:

#3279 6 years ago

the carrot flippers are just perfect to make GB playing like (quite) all others pinballs, not too easy, not too hard, just the way i personaly enjoy it (and i'm a good player)

i know about the purists saying about the way Trudeau design it and bla bla bla...
than set up your pin just the way as you want, and than enjoy it

tournament is tournament
playing home, with family & friends, is another story

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the carrot flippers are just perfect to make GB playing like (quite) all others pinballs, not too easy, not too hard, just the way i personaly enjoy it (and i'm a good player)
i know about the purists saying about the way Trudeau design it and bla bla bla...
tournament is tournament

I completely agree. Without the slightly longer flippers, I think my kids would have given up on GB pretty quickly. The game is still by no means easy, but now there is a fighting chance to progress--especially for mediocre players. And you can always switch back to the stock flippers if you decide sadomasochism is your thing (or if your skills improve and want more of a challenge).

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it does on my pro - kicks to the opposite flipper from the left scoop to the right flipper and with enough power to dead flip to the left flipper and catch and hold if I want.

I've always had my left scoop set to 20 and decided yesterday to set to max and try it out. I'm so not used the ball firing out at top speed .. but mine does hit the right flipper (bottom 1/4) no problem. Now I just need to adjust my brain to know its going to the right. I've played with it at 20 for so long I press left flipper without even thinking about the ball. I just know how long after launch to press , but not any more.

#3282 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tournament is tournament

I don't see anyone selling the carrot flippers these days. Anyone have a link to them?

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tournament is tournament

Bought my carrot flippers from Marco

They make the game play much better and less frustrating.

The gap is way too big as they didn't catch it on the CAD drawing. Trudeau had a wider gap designed, but engineering dept. made it even wider, so the carrot flippers bring it back to how trudeau had it designed originally.

Great game!!!!! Much more on the premium than the new Star Wars

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Bought my carrot flippers from Marco
They make the game play much better and less frustrating.
The gap is way too big as they didn't catch it on the CAD drawing. Trudeau had a wider gap designed, but engineering dept. made it even wider, so the carrot flippers bring it back to how trudeau had it designed originally.
Great game!!!!! Much more on the premium than the new Star Wars

I've looked at several standard flippers and compared to the carrots at Marco. Each is only 9/64" or 3.5mm longer .
Does this tiny amount really make a noticeable difference? 3.5mm22 (resized).jpg3.5mm22 (resized).jpg

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I've looked at several standard flippers and compared to the carrots at Marco. Each is only 9/64" or 3.5mm longer .
Does this tiny amount really make a noticeable difference?

If you combine with lining them up (vs droopy) it definitely makes a diff to me at least (and those that have played my machine have noticed as well)

you will still get SDTM's, but you have much better of a fighting chance.

#3287 6 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I did, but after adjusting the switch to bend a bit lower, it seems fine. Amazing what a couple of millimeters can do on these things!

Hmmnn, so you are saying its the switch? Im not sure. If im not mistaken, anytime the ball goes into that left scoop there is a few second delay before its kicked out. My ball hops in and out right away often like its bouncing out, not being ejected out. If that makes sense...

#3288 6 years ago

I was playing my Ghostbuster today and almost all the light on the play field went out. Some of the arrows were light and that all that were on . game still played and when game was over I shut it off and turned it back on and all was good again . any idea what would cause this?

#3289 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

I was playing my Ghostbuster today and almost all the light on the play field went out. Some of the arrows were light and that all that were on . game still played and when game was over I shut it off and turned it back on and all was good again . any idea what would cause this?

Sounds like some weird glitch. As long as it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it.

#3290 6 years ago

So I was trying to determine why the left scoop is going Sdtm. I think I have figure it out. It looks like the Coil plunger is a little off to the right of the hole where the ball sits. The coil plunger looks like it would hit to the right hand side of the ball which would cause it to angle left or towards the left flipper. The bracket that holds the ball seems to have been welded a little off from the main bracket. Whoever built the welding fixture needs some retraining.

Anyway, not sure what smart person can come up with to fix this issue.

#3291 6 years ago

Bought the carrot bats (blue) from Marco today with the Green Translucent Super Bands. Think that would look good everyone? I just hope that tiny extra length helps me save some of those dreaded SDTM shots that happen way too often

#3292 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hmmnn, so you are saying its the switch? Im not sure. If im not mistaken, anytime the ball goes into that left scoop there is a few second delay before its kicked out. My ball hops in and out right away often like its bouncing out, not being ejected out. If that makes sense...

Yep, the exact same thing happened to me. It seems that if the switch is not pressed down enough, the scoop will immediately spit the ball out without awarding anything. Adjusting the switch fixed the issue for me.

#3293 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

So I was trying to determine why the left scoop is going Sdtm. I think I have figure it out. It looks like the Coil plunger is a little off to the right of the hole where the ball sits. The coil plunger looks like it would hit to the right hand side of the ball which would cause it to angle left or towards the left flipper. The bracket that holds the ball seems to have been welded a little off from the main bracket. Whoever built the welding fixture needs some retraining.
Anyway, not sure what smart person can come up with to fix this issue.

Interesting. i don't have much skill with metal, maybe someone else does.

#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Bought the carrot bats (blue) from Marco today with the Green Translucent Super Bands. Think that would look good everyone? I just hope that tiny extra length helps me save some of those dreaded SDTM shots that happen way too often

would look better with carrot bats and regular green rubber.

#3295 6 years ago

has anyone picked up a GB from a recent build in the last few weeks?

can you post a picture of your flippers please?

#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I went with the same superbands, but black bats, I plan to put the sticker (trap yellow/black lines) over it.

I'm sure it will look great, just line them up with the lanes instead of droopy and between the two you will be fine.

#3297 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

be a man put lightning flippers on it!

#3298 6 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like some weird glitch. As long as it doesn't happen again, I wouldn't worry about it.

well happened again today , What the he** could it be?

#3299 6 years ago

Reseat all connectors into boards should solve it.

#3300 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Reseat all connectors into boards should solve it.

You sir are a genius,That fixed the issue. Thank you so much!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.