main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 91.
#3201 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It is a female/female hex spacer.
Installed it last night before league and it doesn't make hitting that ramp any easier once the ball goes up, it seems to make it waaayyy more often. I had one roll back but it wasn't a clean shot at all.
Great upgrade/tip! Would recommend!

Just wanted to post the pic of the difference between stock and the new shorter one.

Just unscrew the philips screw on the ramp.
Loosen nut on left sling
Move ramp around
Unscrew the hex stand
Screw new one in
screw ramp down
adjust ramp and tighten nut on sling
enjoy

IMG_3264 (resized).JPGIMG_3264 (resized).JPG

#3202 6 years ago

Hey Guys,

Have a minor issue where my left slingshot sensor (not sure what you call it) keep coming out from behind the rubber and sitting in front of it. Anyone have a solution to this? I am not able to lower my sling rubber as there is no room between the other rubber that is there...

Thanks.

#3203 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey Guys,
Have a minor issue where my left slingshot sensor (not sure what you call it) keep coming out from behind the rubber and sitting in front of it. Anyone have a solution to this? I am not able to lower my sling rubber as there is no room between the other rubber that is there...
Thanks.

Switch the rubbers around .
Put the small rings on top and the long sling rubber on the bottom

#3204 6 years ago

i'm going to go ahead and try the shorter hex spacer for the right ramp. anyone happen to have the PN or link on marco or PBL handy?

#3205 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

i'm going to go ahead and try the shorter hex spacer for the right ramp. anyone happen to have the PN or link on marco or PBL handy?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=358

#3207 6 years ago

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but after you lower and collect the initially lit slimer. The target will no longer spell out ghost to relight slimer. No matter how many times you hit it it will still only lower the slimer the first time.(this is on a premium).

#3208 6 years ago
Quoted from Avi8er:

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but after you lower and collect the initially lit slimer. The target will no longer spell out ghost to relight slimer. No matter how many times you hit it it will still only lower the slimer the first time.(this is on a premium).

Slimer is how modes get lit.

#3209 6 years ago

I apologize if this has been covered before. When the ball goes into the library/extra ball kick out it almost invariably drains when it is launched. It used to his my right flipper but now it is most of the time straight down the middle. Any suggestions? I tried adjusting, fidgeting with the kicker to no avail.

Thanks,

John

#3210 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I apologize if this has been covered before. When the ball goes into the library/extra ball kick out it almost invariably drains when it is launched. It used to his my right flipper but now it is most of the time straight down the middle. Any suggestions? I tried adjusting, fidgeting with the kicker to no avail.
Thanks,
John

Mine did the same thing from day one. I just turned mine way down so it barely kicks out and hits the left flipper. Seems like I've heard of people sticking like a piece of foam on the left side of the scoop which makes the ball sit in a different position in the scoop. Not sure how that would work but turning down the eject power on the scoop will definitely fix your problem, it's just not as fun as when the ball doesn't come flying out of there.

#3211 6 years ago

Awesome! Will try that now.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine did the same thing from day one. I just turned mine way down so it barely kicks out and hits the left flipper. Seems like I've heard of people sticking like a piece of foam on the left side of the scoop which makes the ball sit in a different position in the scoop. Not sure how that would work but turning down the eject power on the scoop will definitely fix your problem, it's just not as fun as when the ball doesn't come flying out of there.

#3212 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Thanks,
John

You need to take the plastic off above the kickoff, should be 2 allen screws to loosen. Then under the playfield, loosen the screws. Turn it a little bit to the right and retighten everything.

#3213 6 years ago

Problem solved thanks to Pinside. I adjusted the strength down to 24 from 40 and it consistently shoots the ball out to the left flipper.

#3214 6 years ago

50% of the time my ball kicks out of the left scoop when shot into.

does anyone think that putting drop dead foam on top inside of scoop would help?

#3215 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

does anyone think that putting drop dead foam on top inside of scoop would help?

That is not normal. Is your playfield protector not sitting flat?

#3216 6 years ago

Auto plunger issue solved. - sorry if this has been covered.

After being extremely annoyed and the auto-plunger issues i actually looked at the stinking thing. here's what i found and how i fixed it.

1. I started test mode on the auto-plunger and rapidly "launched" a ball 20 times. no issue.
2. I felt the mechanism for looseness an somehow made the unit fail. successive "launches" failed as expected.
3. I pulled the playfield out slightly to look at the mechanism and worked it my hand. I found that the left side of the shaft was binding badly enough to freeze the mechanism. I also noticed that the shaft had a lot of play left to right.
4. I tightened the screw that pulls the shaft together and the shaft centered in the slot on both sides. I worked the mechanism and no issues, i couldn't get the mechanism to bind either.

if the issue happens again ill ad some thread-lock to make it permanent.

20170527_161907 (resized).jpg20170527_161907 (resized).jpg

#3217 6 years ago

Thank you for sharing this.....important, and great to have found a solution!

#3218 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

start with visual check of trough switches and make sure they are not missing a wire that fell off
then go to switch test and see if the switch registers.
Trace back switch(es) that do not register to where they go. I don't think a manual or schematic is out so hard to show a switch matrix etc, but sounds like it may be all related to one place if all trough switches do not see a ball

Stern sent me new trough circuit boards which I have replaced but I still get the same error, Missing 6 Pinballs. The trough test still reads empty. Would someone please take the same pics I have below and post to see if there are any differeces?

1. board on trough
2 - 4 board underneath left flipper area
5. board on left of cabinet

thank you!

20170528_131020_resized (resized).jpg20170528_131020_resized (resized).jpg
20170528_131033_resized (resized).jpg20170528_131033_resized (resized).jpg
20170528_131026_resized (resized).jpg20170528_131026_resized (resized).jpg
20170528_131053_resized (resized).jpg20170528_131053_resized (resized).jpg
20170528_131042_resized (resized).jpg20170528_131042_resized (resized).jpg

#3219 6 years ago

Not sure what order they post in....

Cabinet

Under pf left side apron, 2 angles

Front and back of trough

IMG_3271 (resized).JPGIMG_3271 (resized).JPG

IMG_3272 (resized).JPGIMG_3272 (resized).JPG

IMG_3273 (resized).JPGIMG_3273 (resized).JPG

IMG_3274 (resized).JPGIMG_3274 (resized).JPG

IMG_3275 (resized).JPGIMG_3275 (resized).JPG

#3220 6 years ago

Question:

One thing that annoys me; callouts are way louder than the music/sound effects. I get why this is needed in a noisy environment, but not in a HUO one.

I see in the GB adjustments, there is Music Attenuation and Voice Attenuation. My assumption is that I can play around with this to help level things out a bit? Just not sure if I need to bump or reduce to help. Figured I would ask before trial and error time.

#3221 6 years ago

so the back of the through shouldn't all be lit up on the other side? Looks like only 1 led is lit.

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so the back of the through shouldn't all be lit up on the other side? Looks like only 1 led is lit.

I was assuming send/receive leds. So one side won't be "lit" but receive?

#3223 6 years ago

thought the LEDs were added as monitor items. So if a transmitter or receiver went out, the LED would go out letting you know what the faulty component is. Because OPTO leds you can't visually see working.

#3224 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

thought the LEDs were added as monitor items. So if a transmitter or receiver went out, the LED would go out letting you know what the faulty component is. Because OPTO leds you can't visually see working.

Ohhhhh indicator leds. I'd have to look closer. Couldn't tell if they were send or just indication

#3225 6 years ago

Question - I noticed on my GBLE that the Public Library has a black post installed on the right side when looking at the front. Also, there is a hole drilled in back to put the nut on the bolt that holds the black post.

What was - is this post supposed to be used for - odd to be there by itself.

thx.

library (resized).jpglibrary (resized).jpg

#3226 6 years ago

One more question - what voltage are the little flasher boards (520-6785-00): are these 12 VDC? 12 VAC?

Also, what is the little GI boards (520-5307-00): are these 5 VDC or 5 VAC?

thx!

#3227 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question - I noticed on my GBLE that the Public Library has a black post installed on the right side when looking at the front. Also, there is a hole drilled in back to put the nut on the bolt that holds the black post.
What was - is this post supposed to be used for - odd to be there by itself.
thx.

Usually these types of seemingly random posts are some sort of ball trap prevention that arise during play testing.

#3228 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question:
One thing that annoys me; callouts are way louder than the music/sound effects. I get why this is needed in a noisy environment, but not in a HUO one.
I see in the GB adjustments, there is Music Attenuation and Voice Attenuation. My assumption is that I can play around with this to help level things out a bit? Just not sure if I need to bump or reduce to help. Figured I would ask before trial and error time.

It's the opposite. For the attenuations, larger number makes it quieter and vice-versa. I have no idea why they just don't call it "level" or "volume" and have it work in a NORMAL way that everyone knows - bigger number is louder, smaller is softer, but they didn't do that.

#3229 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's the opposite. For the attenuations, larger number makes it quieter and vice-versa. I have no idea why they just don't call it "level" or "volume" and have it work in a NORMAL way that everyone knows - bigger number is louder, smaller is softer, but they didn't do that.

ok, thank you!! now i know that I am not crazy, lol. I was decreasing the voice one and increasing the music one and wondering why it seemed to be getting worse. haha.

#3230 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Switch the rubbers around .
Put the small rings on top and the long sling rubber on the bottom

AAhhhhh, clever. I will give this a shot...

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

This happens to me as well. I compared it to the right scoop and you can clearly see the height difference between the two (left scoop is much shorter in depth). Its almost as if the ball is going into the scoop so fast that it hits the metal bottom and bounces back out. I have been meaning to put some sort of padding or something to soften the impact.

Anyone else have this happen?

#3232 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This happens to me as well. I compared it to the right scoop and you can clearly see the height difference between the two (left scoop is much shorter in depth). Its almost as if the ball is going into the scoop so fast that it hits the metal bottom and bounces back out. I have been meaning to put some sort of padding or something to soften the impact.
Anyone else have this happen?

I did, but after adjusting the switch to bend a bit lower, it seems fine. Amazing what a couple of millimeters can do on these things!

#3233 6 years ago

It is possible to adjust the flipper power strength? I swear that most of my airballs (many off the top of the left ramp) is because the flippers are juiced and way overkill for making the ramps. I went through the settings and saw power adjustment levels for the scoops (which I already modified) and other coils, but not the flippers. Am I missing an obvious menu selection somewhere?

#3234 6 years ago

I remember a setting for coil power settings. I think there was one for flippers.

#3235 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

It is possible to adjust the flipper power strength? I swear that most of my airballs (many off the top of the left ramp) is because the flippers are juiced and way overkill for making the ramps. I went through the settings and saw power adjustment levels for the scoops (which I already modified) and other coils, but not the flippers. Am I missing an obvious menu selection somewhere?

with mine, flippers are set to "low", the slope is quite high, and i still have some airballs...
and yes, including the left ramp, as i have removed the original plastic to put a personal mod, attached with soft palstic, and i often see that mod going up when touched under by the ball flying (but ball remain in the ramp, and game/flow is OK)

some guys have said that spike (and spike 2) put too much power in these games... !?

#3236 6 years ago

The manual is online, and shows the pinouts of the node boards etc.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/6334/Stern_2016_Ghostbusters_Limited_Edition_Service_and_Operation_Manual_no_schematics.pdf

Not sure if that helps anyone.

#3237 6 years ago

I'm having what seems to be typical gameplay issues with my GB Prem.
Left scoop used to shoot to the right flipper tip, now SDTM. Changed coil to ~64 the max, made no difference. Tried the 18 that was recommended. Feels pretty lame coming out of the left scoop now. How does one modify to make it shoot to the right flipper?

Right orbit doesn't seem to register often. I think I read removing mylar, but I'm not going to do that. Can the switch just be adjusted to be higher maybe?

On all my games bought NIB in the past, I've never had so many out of the box issues than with this game. It is super fun though.

#3238 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Left scoop used to shoot to the right flipper tip, now SDTM. Changed coil to ~64 the max, made no difference. Tried the 18 that was recommended. Feels pretty lame coming out of the left scoop now. How does one modify to make it shoot to the right flipper?
Right orbit doesn't seem to register often. I think I read removing mylar, but I'm not going to do that. Can the switch just be adjusted to be higher maybe?
On all my games bought NIB in the past, I've never had so many out of the box issues than with this game. It is super fun though.

Not sure what to about the left scoop but I can tell you right now if you don't remove that piece of mylar that your switch isn't going to register on hard fast shots. Why wouldn't you want to remove the mylar in that orbit? The game is much more fun when that switch registers every time.

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I'm having a similar "issue", and was going to come in here and post a question along these same lines.

I began to wonder if Trudeau designed the Left Scoop to kick out to the right flipper or the left flipper, so I was going to ask about the intended design, but after reading others peoples posts, I don't know what the intended design is versus whether this is an issue or not.

When I initially received my game, and for the past 6-7 months of NIB ownership of this table, the Left Scoop would strongly kick out to the right flipper, landing near the dead center of the flipper. This was on the default power of 40. But recently, I've noticed that the kick out seems a weaker, and the kick out launches the ball to the tip of the right flipper now. Seeing the the Right Scoop is kicking to the left flipper with expected results and set to default power of 64, I modified the Left Scoop power to 64 to match, but the results are the same as before; kick outs hit near the tip of the right flipper.

Is the Left Scoop supposed to strongly kick out to the middle of the right flipper, or is it supposed to "bloop" and sputter out down to the left flipper?

I need my Left Scoop to get its mojo back!

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is the Left Scoop supposed to strongly kick out to the middle of the right flipper, or is it supposed to "bloop" and sputter out down to the left flipper?

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to kick out to the right flipper. Have you closely examined the mech to make sure it's working smoothly?

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

the left scoop is definitely supposed to kick to the right flipper. i have mine set to the max and its just barely hitting the flipper now. I believe this is a know issue with this pin, you have 2 options.

1. Bend the scoop to get the ball to the center of the flipper. i wouldn't recommend this
2. Loosen the mechanism from the playfield and twist it back to the correct direction.

if you contact stern support they will probably try to have you replace a node board for weak solenoids, it might be worth a try.

#3242 6 years ago

my left scoop shoots to my left flipper, no problems, never down the middle. I set my power to 15.

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

my left scoop shoots to my left flipper, no problems, never down the middle. I set my power to 15.

I don't think anyone has a problem with it feeding to the left. It's trying to get it to feed to the right like it is designed to do.

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think anyone has a problem with it feeding to the left. It's trying to get it to feed to the right like it is designed to do.

why do you think it's designed to do that? I don't know of many games where the scoop is suppose to launch the ball to the opposite side flipper.

#3245 6 years ago

....so this opens up the debate............Left to right, or left to left?

On GB, I assumed each scoop kicks to the opposite side flipper.

#3246 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why do you think it's designed to do that? I don't know of many games where the scoop is suppose to launch the ball to the opposite side flipper.

Because if the left goes to the left, that means both scoops eject to the left which seems wrong (and probably is). Right scoop ejects to left flipper and left scoop ejects to right flipper in Ghostbusters. It's also the way the one I maintain came set up from the factory.

#3247 6 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

....so this opens up the debate............Left to right, or left to left?
On GB, I assumed each scoop kicks to the opposite side flipper.

it does on my pro - kicks to the opposite flipper from the left scoop to the right flipper and with enough power to dead flip to the left flipper and catch and hold if I want.

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from Mobsync:

Stern sent me new trough circuit boards which I have replaced but I still get the same error, Missing 6 Pinballs. The trough test still reads empty. Would someone please take the same pics I have below and post to see if there are any differeces?

Mobsync -- did you get this fixed? If not, I noticed a few things about your opto board lights that might help indicate the issue.

#3249 6 years ago

Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.

1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?

2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.

3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

#3250 6 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Ok here are my current issues. Tried to go through this forum to see if they were addressed, but the forum is so large, I can't seem to find anything, even with the index.
1. Airballs on the left ramp - I installed the airball protector, worked for a while, but the protector now seems to sag in the middle preventing a lot of shots from going up the ramp. Suggestions?
2. When plunging, the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. If you have selected who "bought the dog" mode, the mode activates. If you selected another mode, modes shots are deactivated when the ball rolls over the right orbit switch. It seems the software does not realize this was a plunge shot.
3. Plunge shot going around Stay Puff, does not make it through the Left orbit gate. I see a lot of owners have this issue, but I have not seem any real correction.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1. I had to make my own protector.
2. I don't have that problem often
3. I don't have that problem often.

Maybe others will have more feedback.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/65?hl=ecto1a2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.