as mentioned in post #2727 (page 55) my scoop bracket on the lhs broke after about 2 months (450 plays) and clear that the spot welds did not penetrate well.
I removed and thought to post here as a guide for others if there game falls out of warranty.
- I used a 4.2mm drill (for 4mm bolts)
- a cordless drill
- 2 x M4 x 10 bolts
- 2 x M4 nyloc nuts
remove the mech from the game - post #2727 explains to take the top plastic off first and then remove 2 of the allen headed bolts top side, then lift the playfield up and remove one screw and disconnect the solenoid and switch at a plug (no soldering to worried about).
for safety remove the switches and solenoid and good to go for drilling.
the top scoop bracket has 2 holes already in it - simply drill these out to 4.2mm or the equivalent imperial and the with the solenoid bracket will be 2 small pressed indents as on the other side these indents locate into the top scoop part. Drill out the indents from the recessed side right through with the same drill size as above. Since the design already has indents and holes, everything lines up well though when drilling the indents out pre-drill with a 2mm (half the final size) and clamp or vice your job and take it easy as stainless can grab your drill. Some people can may want to get it welded but the drill and bolt is super strong and won't warp the bracket.
then I used stainless 4mm button allen headed screws on the ball side and then nyloc nuts on the backside - this way no ball interference's.
then re-assemble the switch and solenoid and it is now rock solid and will never break and the modification took all of 10 minutes once the mech was removed from the game - hope this helps a few people that get the same issue in the future.