main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 91.
#2551 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I never get a SDTM drain from the ecto lane. The ball is always delivered to the right flipper. In fact, I can usually do a drop catch and gain control of it.

Mine will go around that ball gate and head SDTM, not often but it happens.

#2552 7 years ago

lol guys

play wild, just remove that right lane gate ! (yes i did it)

#2553 7 years ago

Just ordered a Pro. What adjustments/fixes are to be expected with a recent NIB?

I did order Art's air ball protector. Are Slimer adjustments and ball lane guides still an issue?

#2554 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just ordered a Pro. What adjustments/fixes are to be expected with a recent NIB?
I did order Art's air ball protector. Are Slimer adjustments and ball lane guides still an issue?

Slimer will need to be adjusted eventually. The ball guides being an issue is subjective, I had the ball guide mod but the ball would still hop it sometimes.

#2555 7 years ago

Mine was a late November playfield and early December build and arrived in Aus early Feb. So far put up about 400 games.

Positives
- haven't had to play with the slimer mech / switch at all.
- had zero ball hops on the outlanes.

Minor Issues
- right to left orbit doesn't always register as a pass around and seems to be on the hard and fast shots.
- put in a 2-3mm think padded tape behind the x2 and x3 targets which has brought down the air balls but still get a few good ones when clipping the blue block rubbers
- pop up stand-ups doesn't always drop and starting to see a couple of mild impressions on the holes from the standups pushing back on to the rear edge.
- lots and lots of dimples (standard)
- had about 6 inclusions - dust in the clear raising the clear to little mini raised points but hoping they wear down over time - can't see them when playing.

Overall pretty good and so much fun - got some mod ideas.

#2556 7 years ago

Should the brother drop targets drop when hit from any direction or just when hit from the front?

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Should the drop brother drop targets drop hit from any direction or just when hit from the front?

From the front typically, sometimes a hit from the side or back can knock them down if the ball is spinning right, at least in my experience on my own game. If they have the factory springs in them, they can be hard to get down, and sometimes take a very gentle hit versus a hard direct hit, which will often send it flying back at you. I swapped my springs out at one point with the set from pinball life, and they eventually were too sensitive, to the point the targets would pop up and go back down immediately. I ended up stretching them out a bit and they were pretty good after that.

#2558 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Mine was a late November playfield and early December build and arrived in Aus early Feb. So far put up about 400 games.
Positives
- haven't had to play with the slimer mech / switch at all.
- had zero ball hops on the outlanes.
Minor Issues
- right to left orbit doesn't always register as a pass around and seems to be on the hard and fast shots.
- put in a 2-3mm think padded tape behind the x2 and x3 targets which has brought down the air balls but still get a few good ones when clipping the blue block rubbers
- pop up stand-ups doesn't always drop and starting to see a couple of mild impressions on the holes from the standups pushing back on to the rear edge.
- lots and lots of dimples (standard)
- had about 6 inclusions - dust in the clear raising the clear to little mini raised points but hoping they wear down over time - can't see them when playing.
Overall pretty good and so much fun - got some mod ideas.

interested to see what you come up with Swinksy

#2559 7 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

interested to see what you come up with Swinksy

gotta a few ideas and improvements and a sticker ready to go with them for a bit of fun

screen-capture-35 (resized).pngscreen-capture-35 (resized).png

#2560 7 years ago

My fix to air balls from stand up targets and flying off the ramp.

IMG_1010 (resized).JPGIMG_1010 (resized).JPG

IMG_1014 (resized).JPGIMG_1014 (resized).JPG

#2561 7 years ago

Wrap that rascal!

#2562 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Anyone else notice this bug in the current version of the code?:
When arrow shots are lit at the left scoop (either to start a mode or make progress in a mode), shooting the left scoop will NOT credit you for the shot. However, the game will recognize that the ball is in the scoop & kick it back out. So, the switch is recognizing the ball is in the left scoop, but it is not giving credit for the shot. This happened multiple times to me today while playing on location, and it was random in occurrence. Sometimes the shots would count while other times they would not.

Quoted from mcfly:

got a couple of problems that I can't seem to fix. First the left scoop sometimes won't award the shot with extra ball or whatever, but it seems to know its in there and still kick it out? secondly I can't seem to find out how to fix my slimmer on my premium as it just registers without being hit, it never used to but now it's overly sensitive. I have made no changes to anything and have been running 1.10 for ages and these errors have only just surfaced. Any help appreciated I have checked the switch in the scoop and it appears to be ok, should I raise it up a bit higher maybe.

Have we found out if this is a code thing or the physical switch going bad ?

#2563 7 years ago

I read awhile back that some people on early games adjusted the flippers up a very small amount to improve gameplay.

Is this still recommended? Did Stern adjust the flipper position since then?

#2564 7 years ago

Having an issue with the left hole where you activate extra ball with it not registering the ball being there 50% of the time and then the machine goes in to ball search and eventually kicks it out though not awarding an extra ball....

#2565 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Having an issue with the left hole where you activate extra ball with it not registering the ball being there 50% of the time and then the machine goes in to ball search and eventually kicks it out though not awarding an extra ball....

Does any buddy know if this is bad switch or just a programming bug.

#2566 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

it could be possible that you switch is at the point of engaging or not.

when it doesn't award and is kicked out is it during a ball search where you hear all the mechs pop?

#2567 7 years ago

Is the left scoop bug only on the pro? I haven't noticed a problem on my premium.

#2568 7 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

It's the switch in the left scoop. You need to adjust it. Probably you can bend the switch up to fix it. Make sure the switch itself is tight. My switch was loose recently.

#2569 7 years ago

played two recent games on my LE where the game just "blacked out" as if i tilted......
No tilt warning, game ended and I had to start a new game
One time was during SFMB

Any thoughts??

#2570 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is the left scoop bug only on the pro? I haven't noticed a problem on my premium.

haven't a problem with my pro, was very dialed in from unboxing and now in the 400 game range and no out lane hop

#2571 7 years ago

Switched adjusted.....thanks...it is kinda lose, is it supposed to be tight or held against the bracket somehow?

#2572 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does any buddy know if this is bad switch or just a programming bug.

The switch arm seems to be not quite long enough and the ball rolls over the switch sometimes and the switch is not active when the ball is in the scoop. I taped two pices of rubber electrical tape on the inside back of the scoop which moves the ball foward just a tad so the ball is always resting on the switch. The scoop works great now.

#2573 7 years ago

Just got our replacement playfield a few days ago. Looks great! Plastic on the ramp got broke in shipping but no biggie can just have Stern sent us a new one. But the metal rail that the playfield slides on... apparently couldnt get it around the playfield so just stuck it on and hammered away. You dont see it so its not a big deal but come on.

20170301_151315 (resized).jpg20170301_151315 (resized).jpg

20170301_151723 (resized).jpg20170301_151723 (resized).jpg

#2574 7 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

Just got our replacement playfield a few days ago. Looks great! Plastic on the ramp got broke in shipping but no biggie can just have Stern sent us a new one. But the metal rail that the playfield slides on... apparently couldnt get it around the playfield so just stuck it on and hammered away. You dont see it so its not a big deal but come on.

Um. Yeah, that's kind of fucked up. Whoever did that probably didn't want to report it.

I'd be pissed.

#2575 7 years ago
Quoted from ngoett:

that is bad, still shows their work and QA isn't great - come on Stern

#2576 7 years ago

Premium owner here. Other than the insane number of airballs (thank goodness I've got protectors), it plays pretty well.

I've got two frustrations:

1.) Probably 95% of my shots to the PKE (right) ramp make the 180 degree bend, stop, and come back down. What am I missing here? I'm not seeing anything obvious. I can make this shot all day on a Pro (yeh I know the shape is different), but I know it's not me missing the ramp or hitting it weakly. Any ideas on a fix?

2.) Hard shots through the right orbit fail to register. I manually active the switch 100 times in test mode and get 100 registers. I'm trying to figure out how the ball is missing the switch coming around the bend past Stay Puft.

Could someone point me to a solution to these?

#2577 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Premium owner here.
1.) Probably 95% of my shots to the PKE (right) ramp make the 180 degree bend, stop, and come back down. What am I missing here? I'm not seeing anything obvious. I can make this shot all day on a Pro (yeh I know the shape is different), but I know it's not me missing the ramp or hitting it weakly. Any ideas on a fix?

Pinball-life sells hex posts. Under the ramp hear the turn is a screw.
Remove the screw.
Remove the ramp
Remove the 2 inch hex post
Replace with 1-5/8" (or 1-3/4") hex post.
Consider the cost of the posts and the shipping, I suggest ordering both versions and then use the one you like best.

#2578 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Premium owner here. Other than the insane number of airballs (thank goodness I've got protectors), it plays pretty well.
I've got two frustrations:
2.) Hard shots through the right orbit fail to register. I manually active the switch 100 times in test mode and get 100 registers. I'm trying to figure out how the ball is missing the switch coming around the bend past Stay Puft.
Could someone point me to a solution to these?

Check out my previous post for my solution for #2. I'm on the road or I'd look back and paste it for you.

For #1 I just ground my existing one down 3/16 on each end since I didn't need anything from PBL right now.

#2579 7 years ago

Thanks guys on both accounts. Wished I'd posted this before my usual monthly PBL order. I'll grind down the post.

Is that issue widespread? Seems it would be an even bigger problem in tournament play, especially when many TDs jack up the pitch of games to introduce faster ball speed.

#2580 7 years ago

I am having issues with a weak right flipper. It's only weak about 30% of the flips. Just started happening around game 100.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks.

#2581 7 years ago

Guys my drop target plastic on the right snapped again so the right target didn't stay up. Any better quality to buy besides have stern replace that black plastic?

#2582 7 years ago

I have a Ghostbusters Premium machine and all 6 balls are in the ball trough. The trough test works. The six red lights are on, but it still can not locate the pinballs. Reading the manual it looks like Nod 8 is the board that handles this. On that board there is an orange blinking light. is that the issue? I am new to getting under the hood of a Stern any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Nod8 (resized).jpgNod8 (resized).jpg

#2583 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I am having issues with a weak right flipper. It's only weak about 30% of the flips. Just started happening around game 100.
What can I do to resolve this?
Thanks.

Start by checking the gap and cleaning your eos switch. When the flipper is up the eos switch must be pressed and making good contact.

#2584 7 years ago

How do you reposition the drop target position?

#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys my drop target plastic on the right snapped again so the right target didn't stay up.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen on more people's games. Those targets really take a beating. Because of this, I recently decided to disable both of them in the menu, and I now only turn them on when guests are over. I found that they weren't adding to my enjoyment of the game that much, and this will put less wear and tear on the playfield over time.

#2586 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How do you reposition the drop target position?

Do you mean as to making them flush with pf?

#2587 7 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Do you mean as to making them flush with pf?

well kind of. The target is currently sitting a little to the left and leaving a wider gap to the right. I was wondering if there if a way to make the position more in the center. As for more flush, sure how do you adjust that too?

#2588 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well kind of. The target is currently sitting a little to the left and leaving a wider gap to the right. I was wondering if there if a way to make the position more in the center. As for more flush, sure how do you adjust that too?

I can't speak on the positioning but I did notice each of mine were positioned different.

The targets ultimately rest on the end of 2 screws. You can turn each screw to adjust their resting position. The 2 screws on the outside in the pic.

IMG_2567 (resized).JPGIMG_2567 (resized).JPG

#2589 7 years ago

appreciate it

#2590 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm surprised this doesn't happen on more people's games. Those targets really take a beating. Because of this, I recently decided to disable both of them in the menu, and I now only turn them on when guests are over. I found that they weren't adding to my enjoyment of the game that much, and this will put less wear and tear on the playfield over time.

Probably a good idea because the game is better without them anyways. They are a PIA in my opinion.

#2591 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

know the feeling.

#2592 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've thought about it, but you get 3x scoring when you knock them down.
Triple...Super...Jackpot!!!

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

True, but I bet I get higher scores overall by disabling them. The game is a lot easier when those drop targets aren't constantly blocking your shots.

#2594 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Start by checking the gap and cleaning your eos switch. When the flipper is up the eos switch must be pressed and making good contact.

I'm a noob with this stuff (I had to google eos switch) so I will take a look - maybe I'll compare it to the working side. Thanks.

#2595 7 years ago
Quoted from artdirector:

I have a Ghostbusters Premium machine and all 6 balls are in the ball trough. The trough test works. The six red lights are on, but it still can not locate the pinballs. Reading the manual it looks like Nod 8 is the board that handles this. On that board there is an orange blinking light. is that the issue? I am new to getting under the hood of a Stern any and all help is greatly appreciated.

You should have 3 led lights on node 8 and 9. They are the same. One led flashes, it's to indicate the node is communicating to the CPU node. The other two light up and stay on to indicate 5 volt and 48 volt power is present.

green led = 5 volt
red led 48 volt
yellow/orange led 5 volt

The orange blinking light is not the issue.

#2596 7 years ago

I developed an issue with my GB Pro this weekend. When Stirage Facility MB starts my game goes crazy. The scoleri Bros begin to machine gunner fire. During this the the ghost captured count keeps going all the way until Mass Hysteria starts. Anyone seen or heard if this? Any suggestions? Here is a link to video of it. Thanks in advance.

http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/fastfreddy0521/library/GB%20Issue

#2597 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Agreed. Mine work fine, so turning them off is not an option for me.

They are supposed to make the game more challenging. That's part of the design.

#2598 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

True, but I bet I get higher scores overall by disabling them. The game is a lot easier when those drop targets aren't constantly blocking your shots.

You can get even higher scores by closing the outlanes completely! The scoleri targets are meant to be a bit of a nuisance. But, I think they are under-utilized if all they do is triple the super jackpot.

Rob

#2599 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I didn't get to this as it seems to have gone away for now.

#2600 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For what it's worth -- mine had quite a bit of a gap on the right side of the target (meaning the target was skewed to the left, like yours). This was causing a lot of airballs -- using slow motion video, when the ball went over this gap it was getting slightly airborne when hitting the ramp. Amazingly, it was still under the airball protector in most cases, but occasionally was hitting the protector.

I ended up drilling out the mounting holes a bit to slide the whole assembly to the right a bit. Completely solved all airballs off the ramp, minus those you get off the targets/etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.