main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 91.
#2451 7 years ago

Does anyone make a full set of plastic protectors for this game? I already have some for the slings, but I'd like to protect the other plastics as well. The action on this game is more wild than any other game I can think of.

#2452 7 years ago

So, I just got my ecto goggle protector from Hooked, anybody else get one that doesn't fit??? The metal L bracket will not reach the bolt, so that I can replace the nut. Just curious.

#2453 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

had my pro swapped on the weekend. only 55 games in or so, drain and inserts good so far (not out of the woods yet), but had some clear chip out of the right eject area yesterday.
picture here on this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/110#post-3586411
also, my replacement playfield date is unreadable. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changeorg-petition-gary-stern-replace-defective-playfields/page/17#post-3580766

Yeah apparently when they use an older PF with the misspelling for a swap they then "smudge" the date on it so the customer won't know it's an older PF (with the same potential problems).

Don't know why they do this... just seems kinda shady. If they are determined to use up the earlier batch of PF's - then leave the date alone. Why make it seem sinister?

#2454 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah apparently when they use an older PF with the misspelling for a swap they then "smudge" the date on it so the customer won't know it's an older PF (with the same potential problems).
Don't know why they do this... just seems kinda shady. If they are determined to use up the earlier batch of PF's - then leave the date alone. Why make it seem sinister?

That's what I don't get. If they think their customers are smart enough to at least look at the date in the first place, don't they think the customer might be a little suspicious when they see its all smudged out? correct me if i'm wrong, but the only people that care about the dates are the pinball geeks like us.

#2455 7 years ago

Can we confirm that the Pro playfields did get the spelling corrected at some point? And if so, what time period did they begin appearing? Another collector told me last night that they never corrected it.

#2456 7 years ago

Hello you techs need a little help with my topper!! No matter what I do,the start button won't come on to start the Game??? Yes I've done a slow boot,running 1.13 software!! Any suggestions,Please???

#2457 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

No matter what I do,the start button won't come on to start the Game???

Did the wire to the start button get knocked loose?

#2458 7 years ago

NO,there was a pin in the connector to the topper,that was bent!!! Took 2 hours to find,thank you for your response!!!

#2459 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

NO,there was a pin in the connector to the topper,that was bent!!! Took 2 hours to find,thank you for your response!!!

I'm confused. It won't let you start a game if the topper isn't connected properly?

#2460 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'd like to hear more. Which pin ? , which connector caused this? Any pics would be great.
Thanks.

#2461 7 years ago

I've been looking at a pile of sites, who has the best bang for your buck Outlane plastics to stop the ball from hopping over? For a PRO. Thanks guys

#2462 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I've been looking at a pile of sites, who has the best bang for your buck Outlane plastics to stop the ball from hopping over? For a PRO. Thanks guys

OldPinGuy on here sells really nice ones and he's a great guy also!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1043-arts-arcade/00489-ghostbusters-lane-and-sling-guard-25-only-the-best-

#2463 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

OldPinGuy's outlane plastic is a great choice. I love mine.

#2464 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

OldPinGuy's outlane plastic is a great choice. I love mine.

Yeah, I've dealt with art before and he is awesome. Talked to him today, so far all he does is plastics for the premium/LE

#2465 7 years ago

Easy fix to the ball hopping over outlanes on Le/premuim. I use some drop dead foam from pinbits, use just a small piece on the left side insidea the wireform, and a piece about and inch x 1/2 inch in the right side under the metal piece where I have my twinkie mod. Slows the ball down just enough where it drops perfect every time with no hop.

20170210_220640.jpg20170210_220640.jpg

20170210_220720.jpg20170210_220720.jpg

#2466 7 years ago
Quoted from jnauman:

So, I just got my ecto goggle protector from Hooked, anybody else get one that doesn't fit??? The metal L bracket will not reach the bolt, so that I can replace the nut. Just curious.

You need to remove the metal plate/airball protector on the left first, 3 screws and it is out

#2467 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

You need to remove the metal plate/airball protector on the left first, 3 screws and it is out

One of my screws on that plate will not come out, though it turns easily (also will not tighten if turned clockwise). Maybe bad threading? I tried simply pulling on the plate gently but no dice. Any ideas? I'd like to install the protector...

#2468 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

One of my screws on that plate will not come out, though it turns easily (also will not tighten if turned clockwise). Maybe bad threading? I tried simply pulling on the plate gently but no dice. Any ideas? I'd like to install the protector...

Did you try lightly pulling on the plate while unscrewing? Yes, it sounds like the thread is stripped in one spot. The goal is to get the remaining thread to catch. There must be some or it just come right off.

#2469 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So to install the plastic ecto protector you have to first remove Stern's "fix"? And leave it off? I bought the plastic protector but haven't gotten to it yet.

#2470 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveMan:

So to install the plastic ecto protector you have to first remove Stern's "fix"? And leave it off? I bought the plastic protector but haven't gotten to it yet.

I removed the Stern Fix and then installed the Ecto-Bubble with no issues.
I did re-align my mirror to make sure its 100% under the bubble.
I do wonder why the creator did not just use the 3 screw holes on the left side instead of wrapping around back with a metal bracket.
I would have also counter-sunk the screw holes.
Its possible this was done to reduce the possibility of alignment issues.
The current design is pretty flexible if there were any variation in hole alignment.
ectobubble2 (resized).jpgectobubble2 (resized).jpg

#2471 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I removed the Stern Fix and then installed the Ecto-Bubble with no issues.
I did re-align my mirror to make sure its 100% under the bubble.
I do wonder why the creator did not just use the 3 screw holes on the left side instead of wrapping around back with a metal bracket.
I would have also counter-sunk the screw holes.
Its possible this was done to reduce the possibility of alignment issues.
The current design is pretty flexible if there were any variation in hole alignment.

Doesn't the protector that they put on at the factory work good? How come people are putting this protector on?

#2472 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Doesn't the protector that they put on at the factory work good? How come people are putting this protector on?

The protector from the factory only protects against a ball coming in from the side and striking the LCD. It offers no protection whatsoever for the mirror.

#2473 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The protector from the factory only protects against a ball coming in from the side and striking the LCD. It offers no protection whatsoever for the mirror.

Has people been getting their mirrors broken a lot or something?

#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Has people been getting their mirrors broken a lot or something?

The whole ecto-goggle assy is expensive and very breakable. I've only see a few reports of broken ones, but seriously, why risk it?
There are 2 parts that can be damaged, the bubble solves both worries in one fix. Frankly I don't think the Stern solution is a very good one. It only protects against a side strike any other flying ball could take out the mirror and/or LCD.

#2475 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Check for the nut on the other side, the screw turns and the nut with it

#2476 7 years ago

I received some of the removable mylar from Amazon, and I plan on using it to protect the exposed edges of the decals. Before I can put it on, I need to trim a tiny bit of the decal along the edge where it is starting to fray. What is the best way to trim the decal? Would an Exacto knife work?

GB decal (resized).jpgGB decal (resized).jpg

#2477 7 years ago

I have the LE and the decals wrap around the front.

#2478 7 years ago

All fixed!!!

I trimmed the edge of the decal with an Exacto knife, touched up the paint, and sealed off the entire corner with a strip of mylar. It came out great and should protect the decal nicely.

P1070943 (resized).JPGP1070943 (resized).JPG

#2479 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All fixed!!!
I trimmed the edge of the decal with an Exacto knife, touched up the paint, and sealed off the entire corner with a strip of mylar. It came out great and should protect the decal nicely.

It DID turn out great. Good job.

#2480 7 years ago

Which cling/Mylar did you guys end up buying ?

#2481 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All fixed!!!

Great Job! It looks very nice now.
Everyone with a non-wrapping cabinet art should consider doing this before it gets tattered.

#2482 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Which cling/Mylar did you guys end up buying ?

I use a removable mylar (not cling) from amazon. The roll is huge but it works great.

#2483 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I use a removable mylar (not cling) from amazon. The roll is huge but it works great.
» YouTube video

thanks got a link to what you bought?

#2484 7 years ago

Chuck, is that a oracle product, I used their 3620 for a complete playfield protector. I also use orajet 621 for wear areas. Both have a two year removal time as long as not in direct sunlight.

#2485 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Thanks. Got a link to what you bought?

I used the exact stuff that chucksmith recommended to fix the issue with my decals. I also installed some on the playfield to protect the area around both drop targets. This is the first time I've used this product, and it's awesome. I have no idea how well it will hold up over time, but it's very thin and very easy to work with. It's also almost completely invisible once installed.

Here's a link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Repositionable-Adhesive-Backed-Cutters-Punches/dp/B013Z7DZA6/ref=pd_lutyp_simh_1_1

And he wasn't kidding when he said it comes in a large roll. Holy smokes!!! When the box arrived, I had no idea what was in it. I didn't remember ordering anything that would come in such a large oblong package. I guess I now have a lifetime supply!

#2486 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't remember ordering anything that would come in such a large oblong package. I guess I now have a lifetime supply!

haha ok, I found this seem half the length might be a better option?
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Repositionable-Adhesive-Backed-Cutters-Punches/dp/B013Z7BWE2/ref=sr_1_2

#2487 7 years ago

That does seem like a better option. It's not only cheaper, but it's also probably easier to work with being half the width.

#2488 7 years ago

This is vinyl. Is that similar to Mylar? How long can you leave it on for? You just cut it with a sissor?

#2489 7 years ago

just my experience, I had a vinyl type insert protectors from a CFTBL set I bought a while back and cut up 2 to fit to the drop targets and one peeled over at a corner after a few days - probably an application issue from myself. So peeled off and cleaned up with Novus 1 to then plan to redo but noticed that where the front edge of the vinyl protector was left a residue that can't be removed with Novus 1 or has etched the clearcoat.

I don't know what has happened but removed the other one as well and has the same issue.

#2490 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just my experience, I had a vinyl type insert protectors from a CFTBL set I bought a while back and cut up 2 to fit to the drop targets and one peeled over at a corner after a few days - probably an application issue from myself. So peeled off and cleaned up with Novus 1 to then plan to redo but noticed that where the front edge of the vinyl protector was left a residue that can't be removed with Novus 1 or has etched the clearcoat.
I don't know what has happened but removed the other one as well and has the same issue.

Try a little Goo Gone. It's my go to product for getting rid of sticky residue.

#2491 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Try a little Goo Gone. It's my go to product for getting rid of sticky residue.

so it safe to use on new playfields - can you post a picture of the product as I am in Aus so might not be available.

#2492 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

So it safe to use on new playfields - can you post a picture of the product as I am in Aus so might not be available.

It's absolutely safe to use on a new playfield. It's a very gentle product.

Goo Gone (resized).jpgGoo Gone (resized).jpg

#2493 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I used the exact stuff that chucksmith recommended to fix the issue with my decals. I also installed some on the playfield to protect the area around both drop targets. This is the first time I've used this product, and it's awesome. I have no idea how well it will hold up over time, but it's very thin and very easy to work with. It's also almost completely invisible once installed.
Here's a link to it:
amazon.com link »
And he wasn't kidding when he said it comes in a large roll. Holy smokes!!! When the box arrived, I had no idea what was in it. I didn't remember ordering anything that would come in such a large oblong package. I guess I now have a lifetime supply!

Yup Yup. This is the right link. Thanks for posting that.
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Repositionable-Adhesive-Backed-Cutters-Punches/dp/B013Z7DZA6/ref=pd_lutyp_simh_1_1

#2494 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Referring to the product from Amazon, I put some on as a test left it for a while ( about an hour) and pealed it off with no residue at all. Can't say what happens after 1 year but from my experience its great stuff. Sticks great, comes off .

#2495 7 years ago

I received my NIB Ghostbusters Pro and I'm not exactly happy with these inserts. Wanted to get someone else's option before I call Stern. Also The Pin has a Jan 12, 2017 date with a Oct 19, 2016 playfield.

Am I making a big deal of nothing...

Check out the pics.

Thanks

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG

IMG_0208 (resized).JPGIMG_0208 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

IMG_0229 (resized).JPGIMG_0229 (resized).JPG

IMG_0230 (resized).JPGIMG_0230 (resized).JPG

IMG_0214 (resized).JPGIMG_0214 (resized).JPG

IMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPG

IMG_0237 (resized).JPGIMG_0237 (resized).JPG

IMG_0247 (resized).JPGIMG_0247 (resized).JPG

#2496 7 years ago

I call those spider cracks. I think they get those when they are pressed tightly into the hole, or from the grinding machine when all inserts are inserted...then the grinder goes down the field and shaves everything flat. Happens in a lot of games. B/W games have them from time to time as well. Just part of the process.

#2497 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I call those spider cracks. I think they get those when they are pressed tightly into the hole, or from the grinding machine when all inserts are inserted...then the grinder goes down the field and shaves everything flat. Happens in a lot of games. B/W games have them from time to time as well. Just part of the process.

Yup, what Neo said. My GOT has the same thing and it doesnt bother me at all, and im the pickiest guy in the world. Play it and have fun, you got yourself an awesome game there!

#2498 7 years ago
Quoted from Jonjon74:

I received my NIB Ghostbusters Pro and I'm not exactly happy with these inserts. Wanted to get someone else's option before I call Stern. Also The Pin has a Jan 12, 2017 date with a Oct 19, 2016 playfield.
Am I making a big deal of nothing...
Check out the pics.
Thanks

My GB Pro has this too, just like yours. No problems ghosting though. I wouldn't bother calling Stern as they will say it's normal.

Rob

#2499 7 years ago

I wonder why the playfield date is so much older than the build date? I just received a premium with a late December build and the playfield is from December.

#2500 7 years ago

+1 about inserts, same state here, not a prob

btw, i should have missed something, did they corrected (or not seeing pics) the REINFORCEMENT error on pro version !?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/50?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.