main-qimg-70f0cc5a9d7263efec90c4b221738a5b (resized).jpg
IMG_4729 (resized).jpg
IMG_4732 (resized).JPG
IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 91.
#2251 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Apparently so , so heads modders.
Just a little extra bling can crash the machine.

Sorry to hear you had an issue and it's good that you got the culprit discovered, but Hey! no need to throw all mods under the bus because of it.

I have sold 100s of Speaker Light Kits for SPIKE games and 0 reports of any electrical or game related issues from them. If someone else makes a mod that is causing issues (or maybe it was just something wired incorrectly or went wrong with that one mod you received) it is no reason to make it seem like an issue with other mods.

I would contact whoever you got the mod from to let them know and try to see if it was a one time issue or possibly something just with the one you received or your game specifically for some reason.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#2252 7 years ago

Just picked up my premium yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out if my switches and gates are working properly. When is a shot to the ecto goggles supposed to go all the way around, and when is the gate supposed to stop it and direct it to the pops? The ball is sometimes getting hung up. I think this is caused by the left controlled gate, but it may also be an issue with the right gate. For example, a hard plunge seems to slow down at the left gate, but I think that could be because the right gate is slightly altering the trajectory. A slightly softer plunge seems to make it all the way around just fine. Does anyone have any insight into what might be going on here?

#2253 7 years ago

OK - kpg asked for date stamp photos of my replacement playfield. There seems to be one blurry stamp (9/28), and one hand written (9/21) - Anyway, I am happy and everything looks fantastic.

IMG_0148 (resized).JPGIMG_0148 (resized).JPG

IMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG

IMG_0150 (resized).JPGIMG_0150 (resized).JPG

#2254 7 years ago

Hey GB guys ... without me wading through 48 pages, has anyone's else's GB Pro been rebooting in the middle of a game?

rd

#2256 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hey GB guys ... without me wading through 48 pages, has anyone's else's GB Pro been rebooting in the middle of a game?
rd

My Pro has never. 6months, 800 +\- plays.

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Bug in the latest code

#2258 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I have had this happen 4 times now so far in the 2 weeks I've had the pin. I'll be playing and the audio will start cutting out or lagging behind, then the animations will go on the DMD, then I'll lose insert lighting but the coils will still fire and kick the ball around. Then finally it will reboot itself.

No real consistency to when or why it happens either. Has this been reported before either with this code or previously? I thought I had read up on most of the issues but this one was new to me and my dist.

#2259 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yup, mine's an early Nov build and no butt drag. Plus it had the ecto goggle plate and new left scoop weldament already in game.
Anyone getting one off the line today should be good to go.

Not,Mine!!! new build,12-29-19,Slimer drags his ass! Stern rep says he's supposed to drag some to emulate slimming!!

#2260 7 years ago

Sorry,thats 12-29-16! I have ecto goggle plate and Left scoop weldment as well!!

#2261 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Not,Mine!!! new build,12-29-19,Slimer drags his ass! Stern rep says he's supposed to drag some to emulate slimming!!

You should ask that Stern rep if the metal wires sticking out of the slimers azz is supposed to scratch the hell out of your playfield also. I bet he'd probably tell you yes!

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Lol! Did he really say that it was to emulate sliming? That's hilarious! I can buy that a bit of dragging is normal or at least non impacting, but definitely not for that reason.

#2263 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Stern rep says he's supposed to drag some to emulate slimming

Haha, awesome.
Guess it's now considered a "feature."
No wonder they keep hiking up the prices, "feature" list just keeps growing and growing!

Guess my POS GBP is not worth much anymore since it's missing that bit of realism.

#2264 7 years ago

Kinda like my dog butt-scooting?

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Kinda like my dog butt-scooting?

Exactly Art, it's kind of the same thing. Only thing different is he's leaving poop stains on your new carpet instead of slime!

#2266 7 years ago

Toby's new trick!

#2267 7 years ago

Haha that's one of the best commercials ever!

#2268 7 years ago

Less than 50 plays and the #8 node board is out.

#2269 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Not,Mine!!! new build,12-29-16,Slimer drags his ass! Stern rep says he's supposed to drag some to emulate slimming!!

Slimer dragging his butt seems like an adjustment issue.
Some slimers drag while others not from mixed time frames. (Mine never dragged with a late Sept. build-date.)
The Premium arm is at an angle. If the mount under the playfield was leveled , shimmed or adjusted, this should affect the swing & clearance.
(DON'T try to bend any part of the arm-assy. Someone tried that & its bad)
The washer trick under the slimer arm is also a common thing I see people doing, but you can just loosen the set screw in the slimer arm, slide the arm up slightly, lock it down and it wont move.

#2270 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Toby's new trick!
» YouTube video

Does look pretty satisfying when the dog does that... I wonder if I could... ahh better not

#2271 7 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

I had an issue with that same scoop where the screws holding the scoop in place got loose, but my switch was fine.

Strange this scoop is a sore spot for me to. The steel lever the ball sits on keeps popping off. I bent it in a little thinking it was to close to the plunger. It hasn't snapped off since and got fingers crossed

#2272 7 years ago

I bent my slimmer up no but drag

#2273 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

welcome to the club

#2274 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Just took off my Cliffy's for the Scoleri Bros targets. It was apparent they were causing air balls. The ball would literally jumping over the air ball protector I bought for the 2x and 3x targets on the sides of the left ramp.

I had to do the same as well. They were causing ridiculous air balls and even hitting the glass occasionally. I tried adjusting the height of the targets slightly to compensate for the thickness of the cliffys and allow for a smoother transition as the ball rolls over the targets. I fiddled with that for a few days and it did help quite a bit but I'd still get the occasional air ball...enough that it took away from the gameplay. I finally gave in and took them out.
Looking back now, just the fact that you're adding this edge that the ball has to pass over at high speeds right in the middle of the playfield actually makes me wonder how some don't have any issues with them at all.

#2275 7 years ago

i said it before to NOT dot it, airballs there are logical, even it the cliffy is thin...
and i like what Cliffy does for us, but there you have to deal without nothing, and just perfectly set-up right the heigh of the targets

#2276 7 years ago

I just installed the full Cliffy set and have no issues with air balls from the drop targets. It did take me about 15 minutes to make sure everything was completely flush. One thing I had to do that others may not have thought about was to push the bracket forward and backwards to change the pitch of the target from front to back. I was having issues until I figured that piece out and now it's one smooth transition.

Just my 2 cents on what worked for me.

#2277 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I just installed the full Cliffy set and have no issues with air balls from the drop targets. It did take me about 15 minutes to make sure everything was completely flush. One thing I had to do that others may not have thought about was to push the bracket forward and backwards to change the pitch of the target from front to back. I was having issues until I figured that piece out and now it's one smooth transition.
Just my 2 cents on what worked for me.

This. One additional thing I did was use a screw under the playfield to secure the cliffy. This pulls the cliffy slightly, which helps keep it flatter (at least on my machine). I didn't want to remove the cliffy's because there was obvious dinging/chipping at the rear of the target -- mind you, VERY small -- the kind of thing only a pinsider would notice. But, I don't want it to get any worse. I've spent a good amount of time adjusting heights, pitch, etc. and I think I got it. Hard to say because airballs can be caused by lots of things and with the ball travelling so fast, even at 240fps I had to go frame to frame to troubleshoot. Seems better though -- might not be 100%.

#2278 7 years ago

I changed my spring on the autolauncher and I noticed that whenever the autolauncher is used, the ball will not orbit but instead gets sent down to the PKE letters. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? Seems that the gate is intentionally staying closed to not let the ball through. For example, a "saved ball" will get autolaunched......

#2279 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My left VUK. The 2 screws on the switch backed out.
Not sure if it was a freak thing to happen to my game or if it's just a ghostbusters problem.

happens...

its why most pins have screws rolling around in the cabinets

#2280 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Same here. I've gone through two node 8 boards...now they are telling me they think it's the CPU. Still waiting on the CPU board... have a feeling this isn't over yet.

#2281 7 years ago

I have used no cliffys on my 11/16 PF so far. Eject on lowest power, mylar on shooter, coil settings on low, outholes covered with cliffy factory style protector, mylar on S/B bro targets and adjusted correctly so the height of the target is a ( c@#t hair above the PF ). No issue thus far after two months.

Ball will not even touch the S/B target edge if adjusted correctly . Take your time and do it right. Adjust a second time after 100 plays or so after it settles.

#2282 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

... mylar on S/B bro targets

You put mylar on the target itself?

#2283 7 years ago

No...Made a rectangle with rounded the edges. Cleaned PF with rubbing alcohol. Installed the mylar then used an exacto knife and carefully cut out the inside around the edge and removed excess.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I changed my spring on the autolauncher and I noticed that whenever the autolauncher is used, the ball will not orbit but instead gets sent down to the PKE letters. Can anyone confirm that this is normal? Seems that the gate is intentionally staying closed to not let the ball through. For example, a "saved ball" will get autolaunched......

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. When exactly is the gate supposed to be open, and when is it supposed to be closed?

#2285 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

S/B bro targets adjusted correctly so the height of the target is a ( c@#t hair above the PF ). No issue thus far after two months.

How did you adjust the drop targets? More accurate question, how do you adjust the drop targets?

#2286 7 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

How did you adjust the drop targets? More accurate question, how do you adjust the drop targets?

Two screws on each assembly. Only adjust 1/16 to 1/8 turn each time you measure. Use a credit card and slide along PF so the card barely hits the target. That way the ball will never touch the edge

#2287 7 years ago

Is the purpose of the cliffy to protect against the ball striking the edge of the playfield, or to protect against the targets bashing into the playfield after being struck by the ball?

#2288 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is the purpose of the cliffy to protect against the ball striking the edge of the playfield, or to protect against the targets bashing into the playfield after being struck by the ball?

I think the latter. In my case, it was obvious the targets when hit hard enough were rubbing on the playfield. It may have been for milliseconds, but still happening.

#2289 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I think the latter. In my case, it was obvious the targets when hit hard enough were rubbing on the playfield. It may have been for milliseconds, but still happening.

I disagree, as the angle of the target would let it glide downward. Not saying this dose not happen but the main issue is from the ball striking the PF edge.

#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I disagree, as the angle of the target would let it glide downward. Not saying this dose not happen but the main issue is from the ball striking the PF edge.

Yeah this, too... especially if the target sits too low as the ball will hit the edge. On mine, I couldn't even get the Cliffy in without sanding the target down, as it was incredibly tight. The ball can hit the target ridiculously hard, and I think the playfield edge is the weakest spot. Even though the target is tapered, it can still, on some machines, rub the playfield in the right circumstances.

#2291 7 years ago

Not sure about those cliffy drop target protectors.

1. They look really ugly. 2. Do they even protect where they need to?

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure about those cliffy drop target protectors.
1. They look really ugly. 2. Do they even protect where they need to?

Agree they aren't great looking but with the Cliffys on the scoops, honestly, I hardly notice them. My experience is yes for #2, though every machine is a bit different. I didn't put mine on until a little wear starting showing up along that back ledge. YMMV.

#2293 7 years ago

Main wear is from the ball hitting the edge period. Look at MB,AFM,MM, TAF.... ect, ect .Same effect on games with drop targets. Theres an edge to wear. Why do you think games have wear at the inserts. Its because they are not perfectly even when they raise or sink.

Trust me if you ask Cliffy Im sure he will tell you the same thing. From the ball hitting the edge of a not perfectly smooth surface and not because the drop is rubbing as it goes down.

#2294 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Same here. I've gone through two node 8 boards...now they are telling me they think it's the CPU. Still waiting on the CPU board... have a feeling this isn't over yet.

You would think Stern would have a test set up to test nodes and CPU boards.

#2295 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Main wear is from the ball hitting the edge period.

...From the ball hitting the edge of a not perfectly smooth surface and not because the drop is rubbing as it goes down.

It was rubbing on mine as it dropped when hit hard enough. Doesn't happen on my other machines. The important thing is to be able to assess what is going on and decide how to correct ... recording at 240fps helps quite a bit.

Could've sanded it down and may have been ok, but because damage began, I figured protecting it was prudent.

#2296 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. When exactly is the gate supposed to be open, and when is it supposed to be closed?

Can anyone chime in on when the gate is supposed to be opened and closed?

As I was saying, it opens for the plunge, but seems to close on my machine for all autolaunches. I have never seen the autolaunch perform an orbit. Is this normal?

#2297 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can anyone chime in on when the gate is supposed to be opened and closed?
As I was saying, it opens for the plunge, but seems to close on my machine for all autolaunches. I have never seen the autolaunch perform an orbit. Is this normal?

The ball should go all the way around the orbit from an auto-plunge if the skill shot is still available. If you hit something and disable the skill shot then you drain and get an auto-plunge the gate will not open and it should drop into the pops.

#2298 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

The ball should go all the way around the orbit from an auto-plunge if the skill shot is still available. If you hit something and disable the skill shot then you drain and get an auto-plunge the gate will not open and it should drop into the pops.

Hmmmnn, ill have to test while the skill shot is still available.

Is there any other time that the gate will be opened for the autolaunch? Thanks for your input...

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It's easy to test it. Just do a full plunge and don't flip. Most likely, the ball will drain before the hitting one of the skill shots and before the ball saver runs out.

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is there any other time that the gate will be opened for the autolaunch? Thanks for your input...

Not sure on that one. Maybe if a mode was running during that time and the orbit is lit up. I would assume that the gate would be open. There is a switch in the orbit behind Stay Puft that is responsible for opening the gate. Sometimes you'll get zingers that will miss the switch and the gate won't open. Or you'll hit the switch the gate opens then the ball hits something funky and rattles around back down into the pops. It's super important that you have your game leveled and pitched properly. I had some problems with this and I eventually got rid of it by perfectly leveling side to side and running around 6.8-7 degree pitch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 4,531 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.