Topic Stats

• 4,387 posts
  • 513 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 698 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Node 8 (resized).png
C7EC193A-FD74-4DE0-9F4D-C3126E05D879 (resized).jpeg
564490C6-944B-41B6-9606-ECFA2D4ED963 (resized).jpeg
D864302A-8C2C-48A2-9FB6-84A8DCDD72D5 (resized).jpeg
Drop-target-assembly500-9960-00-01 (resized).jpg
file2 (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpeg
20190922_151526 (resized).jpg
20190922_194026 (resized).jpg
IMG_6764 (resized).JPG
IMG_6762 (resized).JPG
IMG_6763 (resized).JPG
IMG_6753 (resized).JPG
IMG_6752 (resized).JPG
IMG_6751 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4387 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 88.
#2201 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I would make slimer's bottom 1/2 ball height off the playfield.

New Unit of measurement, Chuck? 1/2 Ball height? Great!

I have my Levelers in the back, 7/8 Ball Height!

#2202 3 years ago

Concerning airballs flying off the ramp.

I was having this problem and raised the game up to 7 degrees, replaced the right flipper bat (looked to be unsquare) and still had issues but less.

I then realized watching the game closely the balls air getting air from the cliffy Protectors but most importantly they were getting air because the TONY scoleri drop was way to the left. This left a bigger gap on the right of the target that the ball could drop into and then hit the cliffy on its way out.

I adjusted the drop to center better when dropped and also to be the same height as the cliffy. This has pretty much eliminated the air balls going up the ramp. I still may create a plastic cover for the ramp to just be safe but it is much better.

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So it sounds lIke there really is nothing I can do to prevent it but just hope it doesn't , or wait until it does and replace the board.

Well surprise , surprise. ..
There seems to be a definite reason for my GI and flippers going dead , so far and I don't believe it's the node board as previously discussed.
Last week I installed several mods , first ones since I had received the machine brand new .
One mod was a back panel light strip that has a rgb strip with a remote to change colors and connects to a board in the backbox. Very straight forward easy mod and Purchased from a very reputable mod company , not home made .
Well it appears after disconnecting the light strip that my Dead GI and flippers problem has gone away. I can only assume that the light strip was pulling enough power to shut the PF GI and flippers off.
Thanks to Professor Pinball once again .

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

It gave it just enough of a lip that it was launching (ricocheting) the balls off it. Even Cliffy said he could see how that could happen.

Don't doubt it can happen...but just word of warning: I received my scoleri Cliffy protectors and kept them off as I wasn't big on the look. I figured at the first sign of wear, I'd add them. Well, it didn't take long... the left scoleri was showing some wear after a few hundred games, and this is with the newest playfields. I think the speed of the ball, airballs, gaps, etc are enough to be brutal on the area. I thought about mylar but not sure it would be strong enough.

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Don't doubt it can happen...but just word of warning: I received my scoleri Cliffy protectors and kept them off as I wasn't big on the look. I figured at the first sign of wear, I'd add them. Well, it didn't take long... the left scoleri was showing some wear after a few hundred games, and this is with the newest playfields. I think the speed of the ball, airballs, gaps, etc are enough to be brutal on the area. I thought about mylar but not sure it would be strong enough.

I put Mylar around both drop targets. After a few hundred games, it has held up.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

so far and I don't believe it's the node board as previously discussed.

Well, to be fair, all the stuff you were describing earlier is related to that specific board.

I also didn't know you had added extra aftermarket stuff for the BB and PF so probably include bit of info for next time.

Mine had no mods; was factory fresh, so I was just assuming more owners were having a similar issue due to 1.05 or at the very least were starting to.

Well,
Hopefully you're now good to go and the game runs like a champ from here on out.

Funny to think that the new Spike system could possibly be interrupted/brought down by running a few extra LED strips.

Did I mention how much I already miss SAM?

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, to be fair, all the stuff you were describing earlier is related to that specific board.
I also didn't know you had added extra aftermarket stuff for the BB and PF so probably include bit of info for next time.
Mine had no mods; was factory fresh, so I was just assuming more owners were having a similar issue due to 1.05 or at the very least were starting to.
Well,
Hopefully you're now good to go and the game runs like a champ from here on out.
Funny to think that the new Spike system could possibly be interrupted/brought down by running a few extra LED strips.

My GOT occasionally loses power to the left flipper just for a split second during multi ball. It doesn't happen often but it pisses me off when it does and I lose a couple of balls because of it.

#2208 3 years ago

If it's during "Winter has Come" then it's coded to do that if you're cradling too long. The DMD will even tell you to shoot other targets to thaw the flipper. Which is awesome.

If it's during any other multiball then you might have something going on.
What code are you running?

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If it's during "Winter has Come" then it's coded to do that if you're cradling too long. The DMD will even tell you to shoot other targets to thaw the flipper. Which is awesome.
If it's during any other multiball then you might have something going on.
What code are you running?

It's during regular multi ball and I'm not cradling when it happens, just flipping a lot. My code looks like it's 1.29, does that sound right?

#2210 3 years ago

Well they did the node management update with 1.32.
They are now on 1.34.

You could try updating first to see if it solves the problem.

Realistically,
I'd check that your left flippers EOS is properly spacing itself and not making intermittent contact. (Cab switch too...)
Also check for any cracks or a possible loose rivet.
Depending on how many plays you have it's probably one or the other.
I'm fairly new to the Spike platform but I guess even at 48V, the flippers are so strong that they are quickly destroying the stock EOS switches.
Must be why I immediately turned down both GOT pro and GBP's coil pulse power to the low setting when I first got them because out of the box they just play crazy strong.

Unfortunately I haven't experienced this phenomena with my game so I don't think it's code related like it was with some people's GB.
But I could be wrong...

Hope that helps!

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Well surprise , surprise. ..
There seems to be a definite reason for my GI and flippers going dead , so far and I don't believe it's the node board as previously discussed.
Last week I installed several mods , first ones since I had received the machine brand new .
One mod was a back panel light strip that has a rgb strip with a remote to change colors and connects to a board in the backbox. Very straight forward easy mod and Purchased from a very reputable mod company , not home made .
Well it appears after disconnecting the light strip that my Dead GI and flippers problem has gone away. I can only assume that the light strip was pulling enough power to shut the PF GI and flippers off.
Thanks to Professor Pinball once again .

well, than we should admit that "pumping" to much power/electricity from the node board will cause to crash/bug/burn it !?

i will tell this short story (according to yours) :
few ago i had change some LEDS with incandescent ones, and strangely the node board did goes wrong... my son tell me about that electricity possibility, while in my head was more thinking about a "just no luck" prob... my son said to replace the LED, i listen to him, and than all was OK again (no bug before, no bug after)
i did not try back to see if it goes wrong again, dont want to burn the board...

wtf !? with just few incandescents lamps ???

#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well,

Your right about more detail, but I just could not imagine that an led strip would pull enough power to kill the machine, besides I didn't hack into the pcb to connect it. There is specific plug to add it.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, than we should admit that "pumping" to much power/electricity from the node board will cause to crash/bug/burn it !?
i will tell this short story (according to yours) :
few ago i had change some LEDS with incandescent ones, and strangely the node board did goes wrong... my son tell me about that electricity possibility, while in my head was more thinking about a "just no luck" prob... my son said to replace the LED, i listen to him, and than all was OK again (no bug before, no bug after)
i did not try back to see if it goes wrong again, dont want to burn the board...
wtf !? with just few incandescents lamps ???

Apparently so , so heads modders.
Just a little extra bling can crash the machine.

#2213 3 years ago

Premium coming and a quick update requested for the slimer butt drag issue.

I saw a few solutions offered here but believe it was early on w/ the first mech.
Have newer owners found an adjustment needed?
What seems to be the latest consensus for a fix?

Thanks guys!

#2214 3 years ago

I adjusted the set screw. It drags a touch still but I can deal with the little that's left since it puts him lower on the pf for an easier strike.

#2215 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Premium coming and a quick update requested for the slimer butt drag issue.
I saw a few solutions offered here but believe it was early on w/ the first mech.
Have newer owners found an adjustment needed?
What seems to be the latest consensus for a fix?
Thanks guys!

My Slimer does not drag at all. Wait and see.

#2216 3 years ago

Yup, mine's an early Nov build and no butt drag. Plus it had the ecto goggle plate and new left scoop weldment already in game.
Anyone getting one off the line today should be good to go.

#2217 3 years ago

Now that I have determined that one added led light strip is enough to crash my GB how am I supposed to add speaker lights or anything else for that matter ? I suspect the same thing will happen.
This can't be normal , is it?
How are you Premium owners adding mods and not having issues ?

#2218 3 years ago

I've added speaker lights and never had a problem

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Now that I have determined that one added led light strip is enough to crash my GB how am I supposed to add speaker lights or anything else for that matter ? I suspect the same thing will happen.

I have so many light mods on my le no problems at all

#2220 3 years ago

None here either.....bunches of strips and such added.....

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

None here either.....bunches of strips and such added.....

Im pretty sure hes got some other issues going on not sure what ? My guess is a bad node board or pcb board

#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im pretty sure hes got some other issues going on not sure what ? My guess is a bad node board or pcb board

Ya probably so,
But when the strip is disconnected the problem completely goes away.
Maybe I can get Chas to send me one .

#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Simply install a separate 12v power supply for your mods.

#2224 3 years ago

Have any of you replaced the switch on the left ramp in order to resolve the ramp not registering?

If so, what is the part number that you replaced it with?

#2225 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

there's a 12V plug available on the power board...

#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

Have any of you replaced the switch on the left ramp in order to resolve the ramp not registering?
If so, what is the part number that you replaced it with?

Yep. Replaced the left one as it was assembled to tight and damaged the switch. manual called for a roller switch that Stern sent me but they dont have enough throw... I had these at home. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5087-00

I replaced with this after I rebent and trimmed down . It stays actuated longed when the balls traveling super fast 100% registers. As for the right switch, lower your ramp cover plastic and adjust switch also.

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Quoted from RipleYYY:

there's a 12V plug available on the power board...

Good ideas

#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ya probably so,
But when the strip is disconnected the problem completely goes away.
Maybe I can get Chas to send me one .

Im sure chas will call today

#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

This is the 12v supply board I used. I've not had one problem. This should fix your issue.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

#2230 3 years ago

My left VUK. The 2 screws on the switch backed out.

Not sure if it was a freak thing to happen to my game or if it's just a ghostbusters problem.

IMG_2163 (resized).jpg

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not sure if it was a freak thing to happen to my game or if it's just a ghostbusters problem.

I had an issue with that same scoop where the screws holding the scoop in place got loose, but my switch was fine.

#2232 3 years ago

So my replacement LE playfield arrives today. I am pretty excited to get it back up and running. Pretty fast turnaround despite the Holidays.

#2233 3 years ago

Anyone have a fix for airballs off the ramp (not the targets)? Besides raising the height? Not a huuuge issue since they always land perfectly in the back left corner and roll out but...

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So my replacement LE playfield arrives today. I am pretty excited to get it back up and running. Pretty fast turnaround despite the Holidays.

What was the turnaround time for you? From the time you submitted pictures to your distributor, to Stern reviewing your pictures and giving you the green light on a playfield replacement?

I submitted pictures and a full description to my distributor on December 13th and he immediately forwarded my e mail to Patrick Powers at Stern the same day. I have not herd anything about my specific situation as of yet.

I know they have a lot to deal with and I am in no way complaining, just curious of what your time frame was.

Thanks!

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have a fix for airballs off the ramp (not the targets)? Besides raising the height? Not a huuuge issue since they always land perfectly in the back left corner and roll out but...

again, easy trick, just DIY with a piece of plastic you'll cut just as you want/need
and so strangely, mine didnt have ball jumping there UNTIL a upper the slope (...) and now got balls jumping !

#2236 3 years ago

Here's an issue I haven't seen reported. I've never been able to stack 3 balls in the Library Captive Ball stack. Once you have one or more balls stacked in there, 99% of the time the next one you try to stack just bounces out (through the wireform gate). Gravity doesn't close the one-way gate fast enough. It's something that might not be obvious unless you pay attention to it. Anyone else notice this?

#2237 3 years ago

Yes, i changed to glo balls, and it has helped.

I have not seen a way to anchor a plastic at the top of the ramp, short of extending down from current.

Based on dialogue, there are some 15-30 people so far having this issue. So far not enough to spend the time
to make for distribution.

Many have solved by lowering coil strength a bit.

The little I had a reduced by dropping the coil, but I also put some slime decals from Laseriffiv up the ramp.
This little extra friction, the ball going over it as it goes up seems to help too.

maybe someone can test putting a clear stripe of removable mylar up the ramp, to see if it keeps the ball
any better from becoming airbourne.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

What was the turnaround time for you? From the time you submitted pictures to your distributor, to Stern reviewing your pictures and giving you the green light on a playfield replacement?
I submitted pictures and a full description to my distributor on December 13th and he immediately forwarded my e mail to Patrick Powers at Stern the same day. I have not herd anything about my specific situation as of yet.
I know they have a lot to deal with and I am in no way complaining, just curious of what your time frame was.
Thanks!

Timeline from the beginning?? Oh wow. I unboxed the game in early July and noticed the issues about a month later. At that point I reached out to Stern and my Distro and sent photos. I was referring to the timeline from when I sent my old playfield back to Stern to when the replacement arrived. That part was quick.

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Timeline from the beginning?? Oh wow. I unboxed the game in early July and noticed the issues about a month later. At that point I reached out to Stern and my Distro and sent photos. I was referring to the timeline from when I sent my old playfield back to Stern to when the replacement arrived. That part was quick.

I was referring to the amount of time it took for Stern to respond to your distributor once they sent the e mail and pictures to them.

I did not mean from the time you got your game to when the ghosting/clear chipping happened. haha!

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

I was referring to the amount of time it took for Stern to respond to your distributor once they sent the e mail and pictures to them.
I did not mean from the time you got your game to when the ghosting/clear chipping happened. haha!

They responded very quickly to the initial email.

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I had the same issue. Weird.

#2242 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Here's an issue I haven't seen reported. I've never been able to stack 3 balls in the Library Captive Ball stack. Once you have one or more balls stacked in there, 99% of the time the next one you try to stack just bounces out (through the wireform gate). Gravity doesn't close the one-way gate fast enough. It's something that might not be obvious unless you pay attention to it. Anyone else notice this?

Make sure your gate is not touching the plastic and lower the gate by tweaking up or down till the ball just barley goes threw with the gate while fully up so it has the slightest of drag without trapping the ball.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Make sure your gate is not touching the plastic and lower the gate by tweaking up or down till the ball just barley goes threw with the gate while fully up so it has the slightest of drag without trapping the ball.

That worked. Bending the one-way gate wireform and lowering it a tad eliminated bounce backs, but it turns out I had a second problem that prevented three balls from stacking in the Library. The top rollover switch in the lock was "sticky". When a ball momentarily closed the switch, the actuator didn't always spring back up. Thus, at times, the game thought three balls were already locked and released whatever was in there. The fix was to go under the playfield and loosen one of the black screws holding the rollover switch (it was over-torqued, causing the switch to act sticky).

#2244 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

again, easy trick, just DIY with a piece of plastic you'll cut just as you want/need
and so strangely, mine didnt have ball jumping there UNTIL a upper the slope (...) and now got balls jumping !

Dont think that would work. It seems to happen from hitting the ramp lip somewhere. Not sure how I could cut plastic to stop it from hopping out of the ramp into the corner.

#2245 3 years ago

Here's a new one, I think. My Nunzio Scoleri target doesn't seem to be popping up with his brother but when I ran a test it worked just fine. Any ideas why it wouldn't pop up during play?

#2246 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Here's a new one, I think. My Nunzio Scoleri target doesn't seem to be popping up with his brother but when I ran a test it worked just fine. Any ideas why it wouldn't pop up during play?

Probably the switch for him is registering he's already up. Go into the switch test and check it carefully (with the playfield down in the playing position).

#2247 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I have seen modes where only one is up and they alternate. The exact second one goes down the other comes up. Not saying that is your issue but thought I'd point it out. Does anyone know what triggers this behavior versus having both up and being able to knock both down?

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have seen modes where only one is up and they alternate. The exact second one goes down the other comes up. Not saying that is your issue but thought I'd point it out. Does anyone know what triggers this behavior versus having both up and being able to knock both down?

I've seen the same thing after moving away from 1.05. One thing to note is the light for the down scolari is also out. It seems to be intentional. Any time you hear "the scolari bros need to be fried", you should see both brothers up. If you see only one Bro. up, check the light for that brother. If the light is on and the brother is down something is amiss with the switch.

#2249 3 years ago

You guys really aren't kidding that pins are some work.

GB is my first pin, have had it only 5 weeks and so far:
- Broken flipper spring
- Adjust Librarian scoop 3x (the scoop seems to get loose on the screws after 30 plays or so)
- Broken plastic from airball
- Slimer now making a very audible mechanic noise as it goes up and down on the PF

I knew there'd be issues but man, this is getting slightly annoying for only being a month old.

#2250 3 years ago

Every time I have a party, one machine or another will have something break. This is a big reason why there aren't just tons of pinballs on route anymore. It takes a tech and time to keep them going.

Firing that heavy silver ball around does amazing things. GB seems to have the strongest flippers I've seen and that just means more violence everywhere on the playfield. My RZ is so fast I am sure it'll be breaking things too...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa , NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benton City, WA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 103.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4387 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside