Topic Stats

• 4,026 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by flashburn
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 81.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

There are 1/2 circle mirror Mods, with somewhat difficult instructions, to remove the screws and mount.
I chose 2 small pieces of double sided foam tape, raised a bit, like above, and accomplished quite well
and fast!

Yeh..... those screws suck. I used a 1/4 ratchet with 12 " extention and a swivel

#2052 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

There are 1/2 circle mirror Mods, with somewhat difficult instructions, to remove the screws and mount.
I chose 2 small pieces of double sided foam tape, raised a bit, like above, and accomplished quite well
and fast!

Yes I got the mirror I wonder if all they is really necessary or you can just remove the two screws with a short screwdriver ?

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

and fast!

There you go thinking again! I did it the hard way and before I even played a game

#2054 1 year ago

Took off those tacky cable ties and replaced the horizontal slimer mech covering with a couple of automotive retainers on the conduit:
slimer_mod (resized).jpg

#2055 1 year ago

Only real issues im having anymore is the rattle every 4-5 shot on the right orbit.

Playfield still looks excellent ( no chipping, ghosting or sunk inserts ) except for the usually dimpling all over.

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Only real issues im having anymore is the rattle every 4-5 shot on the right orbit.
Playfield still looks excellent ( no chipping, ghosting or sunk inserts ) except for the usually dimpling all over.

There is a one way gate on the right side and others have said they were cutting the corner to help with the orbit shots. I was adding some scoop lights and decided to take a look at mine.

I noticed two things. The plastics back there can move some if you lossen them. So I loosened them and made the edges of the plastics align with the ball guides better.

Also I was able to add two washers under the bracket on the left (furtherest screw from the shooter lane). This made the one way gate line up with the ball lane better.

I wasn't having a lot of problems with the orbits but now they seem even smoother.

Unrelated. I also replaced my right flipper. It was warped and seemed to be getting air balls just off flipper shots. Hopefully this settles that down.

#2057 1 year ago

This video is the same shot repeated for your review.

I've been monitoring the shooter lane to orbit with a camera.
I think this may be happening to some people.
It only happened to me once or twice. The ball reaches the left gate but glances off the left edge > ricochet into the right edge > follows through roughly.

Suggestions:
** Reduce the incline of your playfield if its extra steep.
** Next time waxing your playfield... Wax this area and the metal walls with extra attention.
** I'm still using the original shooter spring. I did not switch the orange out for a green and I get like 99% clean orbits.

orbitfail (resized).jpg

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Ok since I kind of started this I felt I had to research it deeper.
The rollover switch behind Staypuft is called Right Orbit

Is the gate supposed to be open when a new ball starts? On mine if I shoot too hard it goes right through the gate.

#2059 1 year ago

All - Got a call from Stern yesterday. They are going to be sending me a box to send my playfield back - I have an LE built in June. Removed all the playfield mods. Excited to get this over with!

Eric

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Is the gate supposed to be open when a new ball starts? On mine if I shoot too hard it goes right through the gate.

The left gate should open as you hit the right orbit switch. So a full plunge will send the ball all the way around.

#2061 1 year ago

REPLACEMENT playfield with 40 plays ghosting already...

20161213_161812 (resized).jpg

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Where's my popcorn?!?

#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wow.
That would truly suck.
Makes me realize how bad I dodged a bullet on this game.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow.
That would truly suck.
Makes me realize how bad I dodged a bullet on this game.

I believe they sent him an older playfield. Pretty sure it was him that said on another thread that it was a build date of October.

I have one coming to me on Monday and reading all this stuff makes me nervous...

#2065 1 year ago

Got our Pro yesterday, can't believe how loud the fan is!

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

There may be something wrong with your power supply. You should not notice the fan under normal conditions.

#2067 1 year ago

I do "notice" the fan on my Prem though don't consider it loud...

#2068 1 year ago

a fan is a fan... and the ones used in STERN power supply are poor quality models, if you get no luck, it will makes noise :/
you can swap it easily with others models, look for the info here somewhere on the forum (dont remember in which topic)
or may be you're usual with assembling computer, than its even more easy

#2069 1 year ago

After about 3 hours of play on 1.12 I've found some problems.

- Ball will sit in the scoop or fail to eject a new ball at times when you make a lock shot during a mode. Eventually it will kick out a ball, but after a few ball searches. It's not switch related, it's code.
- After a drain and the bonus, sometimes it continues mode music and shows animations for a second or two.
- Magna slings are weak. They're noticeably less active than before. Many pulses fail to move the ball much.

#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

There may be something wrong with your power supply. You should not notice the fan under normal conditions.

Depends on background noise levels. In a relatively quiet home use scenario, they can be quite loud and annoying, cycling on and off. Not noticeable while playing, but if left on/attract mode. I posted in another thread somewhere the fans I swapped them with to quiet them down significantly.

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

This is a pretty common complaint. In a quiet home, you can hear the fan, especially in attract mode when there is zero sound.
Check out this video about a fan-mod.

#2072 1 year ago

anyone had slimer not move down on premium? had it a couple of times now - activate slimer, drain, slimer swings back, new ball, slimer music and DMD mode but slimer not moving from his home position? original code.

#2073 1 year ago

Figure i post a update on my GBP (nov build) So far no ghosting and they added a metal bracket to the captive ball. The springs for targets seem like better springs than the earlier builds i have played.

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone had slimer not move down on premium? had it a couple of times now - activate slimer, drain, slimer swings back, new ball, slimer music and DMD mode but slimer not moving from his home position? original code.

This happened to me in 1.05 and before adjusting slimer. Slimer takes all of his hits on the way down so he's done.

code 1.10 added a suppression of slimer hits while moving down or up. You can also adjust the slimer switch, but if you plan to update the code do that 1st. I say this because I had to re-adjust slimer again after updating code.

#2075 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Please posts some pics when you get those on. Would like to see what they look like.

Here u go

Modfather Sling and Lane Guards

IMG_9823 (resized).JPG

IMG_9824 (resized).JPG

IMG_9825 (resized).JPG

IMG_9826 (resized).JPG

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Here u go
Modfather Sling and Lane Guards

They make an amazing difference...
A must have for the Prem/LE

#2077 1 year ago

Do they make purple or blue fluorescent ones?

#2078 1 year ago

Finally received My Protos back, and am very pleased!

This GB Lane and Sling Guard not only stops outlane Hops better than most, it also is a full sling shot protector! Full Coverage!

I wanted one that did both, but I also did not want to cover up the Great Artwork, with a Colored Plastic.

A decal is coming shortly, just to cover the left wire lanes and complete the look, if desired.

Getting a Store up shortly, Ill be taking orders, as with the Holidays, these will take about 4 weeks to arrive.

Expected to be $29 including shipping, and Ill be bundling with the air guard.

Many Many hours to tweak this, so far for Premium and LE.

Art

GB Lane and Sling Guard (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard2 (resized).jpg

GB Lane and Sling Guard3 (resized).jpg

#2079 1 year ago

Those look perfect.

#2080 1 year ago

Those look nice old Pin guy. If I get a GB I will have to have a set of those for sure.

#2081 1 year ago

Would you consider posting to australia?

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Those look perfect.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those look nice old Pin guy. If I get a GB I will have to have a set of those for sure.

Thank you very much! One kind word, makes all the work worthwhile!

Quoted from embryon:

Would you consider posting to australia?

Of course! I have always enjoyed shipping almost anywhere in the world.

I need to test pack and weigh, but I am hoping/believing, shipping overseas to be between $5-$8
more...

#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thank you very much! One kind word, makes all the work worthwhile!

Of course! I have always enjoyed shipping almost anywhere in the world.
I need to test pack and weigh, but I am hoping/believing, shipping overseas to be between $5-$8
more...

i'll take one please

#2084 1 year ago

Ill have the store up by the end of the day with everything one needs!

Thanks!

#2085 1 year ago

Still have issue with my subwoofer. No sound on connection CN4 only a buzzing sound. Anything that I could do. Waiting on Stern makes me nervous, been waiting so long.....

#2086 1 year ago

Anyone have a issue with Air Ball Protector on a pro were it make slimer not reg hits because it hits the plastic when hit? If i take it off works fine and mines a nov build with newer slimer mech

#2087 1 year ago

I really find this mod to be one of the best things I have done on my game, and also one of the easiest. I cut down some black post rubbers, put a slit in them and then placed them on the top of the outlane guides. It really helps with ball control, reduces ball hopping and makes the outlanes a little more forgiving. I know others have done something similar, but I thought I'd share my 2 cents.

Rob

20161219_175510 (resized).jpg

20161219_175425 (resized).jpg

#2088 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really find this mod to be one of the best things I have done on my game, and also one of the easiest. I cut down some black post rubbers, put a slit in them and then placed them on the top of the outlane guides. It really helps with ball control, reduces ball hopping and makes the outlanes a little more forgiving. I know others have done something similar, but I thought I'd share my 2 cents.
Rob

You should've just drilled holes in the playfield and put new posts it.

#2089 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Thats a Great way to go Rob, and I have done it to mine!

I did have some issues with them staying on, so out came the glue!

Where I am now is gluing this to the underside of the protector and slit, so the plastic is helping with the hold.
I am not sure yet whether it will be needed to glue to lane guide as well.

Has yours been hit, and flown off?

I found it helps best with a nudge and energy transfer. Instead of bricking metal against metal, it allows a nudge for lane control we all enjoy.

It helped with lane hops too, cutting them down 25%-30%.

Ultimately, nothing to lose to try...

Im happy keeping them both!

#2090 1 year ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Anyone have a issue with Air Ball Protector on a pro were it make slimer not reg hits because it hits the plastic when hit? If i take it off works fine and mines a nov build with newer slimer mech

You have have to consider a file or dremel, and cut out an indentation for slimers butt!

#2091 1 year ago

Rob, I've considered doing this as well, but thought they would eventually loosen up and fall off the posts. How firm or tight is the rubber to prevent them from coming loose?
Thanks!

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Rob, I've considered doing this as well, but thought they would eventually loosen up and fall off the posts. How firm or tight is the rubber to prevent them from coming loose?
Thanks!

I have yet to have one come off. Make sure you leave them tall enough.

Rob

#2093 1 year ago

Rob, thanks- at some point I'll give this a shot.

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats a Great way to go Rob, and I have done it to mine!
I did have some issues with them staying on, so out came the glue!
Where I am now is gluing this to the underside of the protector and slit, so the plastic is helping with the hold.
I am not sure yet whether it will be needed to glue to lane guide as well.
Has yours been hit, and flown off?
I found it helps best with a nudge and energy transfer. Instead of bricking metal against metal, it allows a nudge for lane control we all enjoy.
It helped with lane hops too, cutting them down 25%-30%.
Ultimately, nothing to lose to try...
Im happy keeping them both!

They helped a lot with lane hopping to the outlanes and also made the outlanes a little less brutal. I never had any issue with them coming off, even after a few hundred games. These post rubbers are not that soft so I think that helped with them staying on.

Rob

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You have have to consider a file or dremel, and cut out an indentation for slimers butt!

Aright thx for the info

#2096 1 year ago

Your likely right, Rob.

It could be the height...I dont have much height on my rails to do so, so I started with post rings.
Ill check again...I have Cliffy, Titan, regular, and Thin Stern.
Which did you use?

I only tried a Cliffy Post sleeve.....

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Your likely right, Rob.
It could be the height...I dont have much height on my rails to do so, so I started with post rings.
Ill check again...I have Cliffy, Titan, regular, and Thin Stern.
Which did you use?
I only tried a Cliffy Post sleeve.....

Just a regular, black post sleeve - nothing fancy or brand name.

Rob

#2098 1 year ago

I received my premium last night and it came loaded with 1.12 from the factory. Everything was going fine until all of a sudden it is firing the subway lock mech over and over as well as giving me an error code. Also seems confused with the flipper as when starting a new ball it automatically chooses the PKE choices for me and fires the ball.

Anyone seen this or have any suggestions? Thinking of reloading the code to see if it will fix it.. Powering off did not help.

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You should've just drilled holes in the playfield and put new posts it.

Haha, like that one guy.

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I received my premium last night and it came loaded with 1.12 from the factory. Everything was going fine until all of a sudden it is firing the subway lock mech over and over as well as giving me an error code. Also seems confused with the flipper as when starting a new ball it automatically chooses the PKE choices for me and fires the ball.
Anyone seen this or have any suggestions? Thinking of reloading the code to see if it will fix it.. Powering off did not help.

You have a switch that is gapped incorrectly or stuck somewhere. Go into the switch test and bang the playfield and see what happens. Sounds like it might be one of the subway switches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 11.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, IA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside