New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158288)

Ghostbuster Issue Thread

By exflexer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,465 posts
  • 526 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 148 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 713 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SwitchStatus (resized).jpg
TroughSwStatus (resized).JPG
screen-capture-1 (resized).png
0255267F-B344-4A63-AF52-98DC3187BF9D (resized).jpeg
1331CF7A-01AE-4406-9820-04400DCCBD5F (resized).jpeg
4108cb973a95ea7af25aed4b17fca9ebd79e350b.png (resized).png
15FB2563-1183-47AE-9CAD-29E28F48CE76 (resized).png
3E7F33D8-B885-40E3-9F8B-D3DEB2864FFA (resized).png
A4C49F70-C0D9-4E25-BF1A-2B738D764708 (resized).png
360A39C8-0C7C-413F-A84E-F2F5E058E086 (resized).png
IMG_4482 (resized).JPG
Ramp Postr (resized).jpg
Ramp Post (resized).jpg
IMG_20200225_234132 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200127_105230 (resized).jpg
Node 8 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 4465 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 90.
#2001 3 years ago

If my opinion is worth anything, went back and forth on this for two months. Had extensive play on both and was weighing value vs options and price.

The premium just has too much going for it in cool features. The pro is great and an excellent value but the extras sold me even on the much higher prive point

#2002 3 years ago

Anyone ever have really hard shots not register and or make it all the way around the right loop?

#2003 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Anyone ever have really hard shots not register and or make it all the way around the right loop?

Yep

#2005 3 years ago

Just got a pro and has build date on Nov 19th Play Field says Oct 20th. No ghosting so far springs seem fine and slimer works as he should. Just figured i post my experience so far and it came with code 1.05 installed.

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Hmm wonder how to fix ?

Was just trying to figure this out Friday. They don't seem to be going around smooth when the ball is hit too hard.

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

So far what I have done is raised the switch a little by adding a spacer bar ( like the one on the top )to the bottom of the switch as I feel its moving so fast that when it exits the plastic ramp its slightly riding over the switch.... not sure.. Seems better but not perfect .I also think im going to lower my plastic top cover to get the ball down quicker.

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So far what I have done is raised the switch a little by adding a spacer bar ( like the one on the top )to the bottom of the switch as I feel its moving so fast that when it exits the plastic ramp its slightly riding over the switch.... not sure.. Seems better but not perfect .I also think im going to lower my plastic top cover to get the ball down quicker.

Cool are we talking about the right ramp or the right loop? I do see it with both though

#2009 3 years ago

R loop

#2010 3 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Ok ....... as I suggested. The ball was traveling so fast that when exiting the ramp onto the wireform it was slightly air bound when hitting the switch

I took the front spacer and put in the back and added a 1/8 inch spacer in the front with a shorter bolt

I am getting 100% switch register 25 for 25. I am confident that this was the issue

IMG_6596 (resized).JPG

#2011 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Has anybody had a problem with the ball hitting the wire gate bracket at the top of the right orbit just before it enters the top lanes.
On certain hard shots the ball will come back down the orbit , or bounce up into the shooter lane and roll down to the plunger on a shot that should very smooth and fast.
I can definitely hear it hitting that bracket .

Yes, me. The bracket is the problem. No solution yet.

Here's what I wrote in another thread, and some videos.

I'm having an issue that I wasn't able to find anyone talking about in that thread.
My right orbit rejects about 70% of the time. I've attached some videos to demonstrate, but either one of two things happens: It either completely rejects and comes back down the right orbit, or it rattles and instead falls into pops. Annoying when you have a mode lit or skill shot lit on the right orbit.
I'm still unsure if something is making the ball get some air and rattle off the gate, or if the gate itself is broken.
This is NOT the same as the over-eager plunger spring that others have talked about.
Anyone else?

#2012 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeCP:

Yes, me. The bracket is the problem. No solution yet.
Here's what I wrote in another thread, and some videos.
I'm having an issue that I wasn't able to find anyone talking about in that thread.
My right orbit rejects about 70% of the time. I've attached some videos to demonstrate, but either one of two things happens: It either completely rejects and comes back down the right orbit, or it rattles and instead falls into pops. Annoying when you have a mode lit or skill shot lit on the right orbit.
I'm still unsure if something is making the ball get some air and rattle off the gate, or if the gate itself is broken.
This is NOT the same as the over-eager plunger spring that others have talked about.
Anyone else?
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Ok so just yesterday I removed that entire gate assembly. Easy, 2 screws no wires, and I literally used my dremel and cut that front bottom corner off at a 45 ' angle. It seems to be better but still the ball some how is hitting that gate.
Edit : also needed to remove small plastic just below stay puft to remove gate assy.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok so just yesterday I removed that entire gate assembly. Easy, 2 screws no wires, and I literally used my dremel and cut that front bottom corner off at a 45 ' angle. It seems to be better but still the ball some how is hitting that gate.

Part of the problem is that it seems like the ball does get some air bounding around that corner. If it stayed low along the wall, like it appears to be designed to do, it wouldn't hit the bracket.

And I have no idea how to keep the ball from getting some air, it's not like it's hitting anything on its way around the orbit...that I can tell.

#2014 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Edit : also needed to remove small plastic just below stay puft to remove gate assy.

Here's another video I got, showing the contact in slow-mo.

#2015 3 years ago

I know , maybe there is a smaller not so bulky one way gate ?
I'll keep fiddling with it ,
It's really frustrating to see the ball come back down the orbit shot

#2016 3 years ago

I did see one photo where someone just bent the metal so it was wider , I figured cutting that corner off would have the same result.

#2017 3 years ago

Came here to post note below and see it's being discussed right now. Great slow motion video of the issue.

It seems like my right loop sucks. Tons of shots rattle out while shaking crap out of marshmallow man. Some shots hop into shooter lane and here is a rules question: I will get the "gozer" mode flashing on the right loop and make the shot several times and the mode won't start. Is that right??? Thought a flashing mode light meant it was ready to start on next shot. These shots are definitely reaching the rollover switch in back right corner. Anybody else seeing this? If I'm misunderstanding rules please let me know. Thank you!

#2018 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I know , maybe there is a smaller not so bulky one way gate ?
I'll keep fiddling with it ,
It's really frustrating to see the ball come back down the orbit shot

I wonder if this an alignment issue or a revision issue. I'm not sure if mine has ever done that.
I recorded about 20 balls and did not see it.
I also included the right orbit since I've heard comments about that as well. 1080P/60fps slowed to 1/8 speed.

#2019 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I wonder if this an alignment issue or a revision issue. I'm not sure if mine has ever done that.
I recorded about 20 balls and did not see it.
I also included the right orbit since I've heard comments about that as well. 1080P/60fps slowed to 1/8 speed.
» YouTube video

Damn, chuck. Those shots look so smooth. Is the right "orbit" ever supposed to feed into pops or should it always make full loop? Great video. Thanks for posting.

#2020 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Damn, chuck. Those shots look so smooth. Is the right "orbit" ever supposed to feed into pops or should it always make full loop? Great video. Thanks for posting.

Depends on if its a full plunger pull or partial. I will often do a partial plunge pull to drop the ball into the PKE.
Sometimes a do a soft plunge to drop the ball down through ecto-goggles & catch the ball with the right flipper which should not register anything. If done right, and you drop the ball while trying to catch it on your right flipper, you get the ball back in the shooter lane with no loss of ball count.

But a full plunge on your 1st ball should do a full orbit.

Now later in the game the left side gate (right after PKE) can be closed and then the ball is forced to drop into the City-Pops.

#2021 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

If you are not getting the full orbit on your 1st ball , I suggest checking the rollover switch right behind StayPuft.
Also when you send the shot up the ecto goggles I assume you should get a full orbit.

Watch this even slower video . I think that roll-over switch tells the gate to open after PKE. (it could also be the wireframe) (Opto?) right after the switch. -- The more I watch the video , the more I think its the opto in the metal frame (opto) triggering the gate after PKE.

#2022 3 years ago

How hard would it be to make new higher wire forms for the outlanes to prevent the ball from bouncing out? I dont know how they are installed into the playfields, but maybe tap the old ones out and new ones in? Unless it would damage the playfield.

#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

How hard would it be to make new higher wire forms for the outlanes to prevent the ball from bouncing out? I dont know how they are installed into the playfields, but maybe tap the old ones out and new ones in? Unless it would damage the playfield.

See post No. 1871. It works very well. Beware though, there are wusses here on the forum who believe drilling and installing anything on a playfield destroys the game's value to the tune of "$500 off the value of the machine".

My take on this is, no shortage of clueless "experts" out there. Proceed at your own risk if you want something non-factory.

#2024 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If you are not getting the full orbit on your 1st ball , I suggest checking the rollover switch right behind StayPuft.
Also when you send the shot up the ecto goggles I assume you should get a full orbit.
Watch this even slower video . I think that roll-over switch tells the gate to open after PKE. (it could also be the wireframe) (Opto?) right after the switch. -- The more I watch the video , the more I think its the opto in the metal frame (opto) triggering the gate after PKE.
» YouTube video

Ok since I kind of started this I felt I had to research it deeper.
The rollover switch behind Staypuft is called Right Orbit and I verified that switch opens the gate (assuming Sterns chooses that to happen in the code). The metal bracket after the roll-over switch does not appear to be any type of switch. My guess is the purpose of the metal frame after the right orbit rollover switch is to keep the ball grounded.
** Video shows the right orbit roll over switch manually activated& opening the upper-left-gate so you can complete a right orbit .

#2025 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeCP:

Here's another video I got, showing the contact in slow-mo.
» YouTube video

What pitch level do you have the game set at? I'd suggest 7 degrees for GB and even GoT.

Rob

#2026 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Came here to post note below and see it's being discussed right now. Great slow motion video of the issue.
It seems like my right loop sucks. Tons of shots rattle out while shaking crap out of marshmallow man. Some shots hop into shooter lane and here is a rules question: I will get the "gozer" mode flashing on the right loop and make the shot several times and the mode won't start. Is that right??? Thought a flashing mode light meant it was ready to start on next shot. These shots are definitely reaching the rollover switch in back right corner. Anybody else seeing this? If I'm misunderstanding rules please let me know. Thank you!

This is a major part of the problem.

In many situations, a lit mode is counting on the ball to travel the full orbit and get caught by the up-post in the entrance to the left orbit. If it rattles around and falls into the pops, no mode. It sucks.

For this reason, it's not just rejects that impact the game. Far too often a completely clean shot rattles up near the gate, causing the ball to lose the momentum necessary to make it around the orbit.

Alternatively, if you're trying for a right orbit skill shot, full plunge, shoot right orbit from flipper, and the ball hops the right orbit switch, no skill shot for you (unless you happen to luck into the PKE lane you had chosen).

#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

The outlane rails are pressed in. If you have the means & desire, they could be tapped out, re-created and replaced with higher profile version.

I'm about to try Modfather's outlane guard. There are several of these out there, but I felt like Modfathers has a nice look to it.
They are quite thick so if they fit well, they should do the job and look nice at the same time. I also like that its completely reversible in about one minute. Other option would be Little Shop of Games.
2016-12-13 20.10.03 (resized).jpg

#2028 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Just got a pro and has build date on Nov 19th Play Field says Oct 20th. No ghosting so far springs seem fine and slimer works as he should. Just figured i post my experience so far and it came with code 1.05 installed.

Mine should be here tomorrow. Played both the pro and premium and like the pro better. ( I know I am in the minority )

#2029 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

The outlane rails are pressed in. If you have the means & desire, they could be tapped out, re-created and replaced with higher profile version.
I'm about to try Modfather's outlane guard. There are several of these out there, but I felt like Modfathers has a nice look to it.
They are quite thick so if they fit well, they should do the job and look nice at the same time. I also like that its completely reversible in about one minute. Other option would be Little Shop of Games.

Please posts some pics when you get those on. Would like to see what they look like.

#2030 3 years ago

Just got my Ecto Goggle protector in the mail.
Kudos to JJ at the Game Exchange for sending it to me even though I did not even request it yet.
Great customer service.
Took all of 2 min. to install.

#2031 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeCP:

This is a major part of the problem.
In many situations, a lit mode is counting on the ball to travel the full orbit and get caught by the up-post in the entrance to the left orbit. If it rattles around and falls into the pops, no mode. It sucks.
For this reason, it's not just rejects that impact the game. Far too often a completely clean shot rattles up near the gate, causing the ball to lose the momentum necessary to make it around the orbit.
Alternatively, if you're trying for a right orbit skill shot, full plunge, shoot right orbit from flipper, and the ball hops the right orbit switch, no skill shot for you (unless you happen to luck into the PKE lane you had chosen).

Alright, so how in the hell do we fix this guys? For me at least the game is hard enough and this definitely doesn't help! Thanks for the feedback on this. Very helpful.

#2032 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Thanks for posting this information. I received my Pro Monday - Date of manufacture was 11/29/16. The ink was smeared on the date for playfield ("???, ?0, 2016"). So now I know the correct date is Oct. 20, 2016.

#2033 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me what size washers are used to lift Slimer up?

#2034 3 years ago

I couldnt find them as washers in a hardware store, but they would be shooter lane washers.

If you loosen the grub screw, and raise to the level you wish, you can tighten without washers,
and mine is holding fine for 4 months...no washers.

#2035 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I couldnt find them as washers in a hardware store, but they would be shooter lane washers.
If you loosen the grub screw, and raise to the level you wish, you can tighten without washers,
and mine is holding fine for 4 months...no washers.

Oh great to know...

#2036 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Can someone please tell me what size washers are used to lift Slimer up?

edit: I think you are referring to oldpinbuy's post about sliding the slimer arm up a bit and tightening the "set screw" aka grub screw.
No washers needed and in my opinion preferred to leave washers out. The set screw locks it down tight and wont move.
========================
Where are you putting the washers ?
and
is it a premium or pro?.

I've got washers and could check on a premium.

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

edit: I think you are referring to oldpinbuy's post about sliding the slimer arm up a bit and tightening the "set screw" aka grub screw.
No washers needed and in my opinion preferred to leave washers out. The set screw locks it down tight and wont move.
========================
Where are you putting the washers ?
and
is it a premium or pro?.
I've got washers and could check on a premium.

Would you by any chance be able to show me a picture of this "Grub Screw"?

The washers I was referring to were in the link in my original post about the washers. There were pictures showing how the washers were installed to raise slimer up. That seemed pretty easy. My machine is scheduled to arrive Friday/Monday, so I am just getting everything in order in case I have any issues.. Premium.

#2039 3 years ago

This is what I was looking at:

5cb4f75c7cbbb2b68090cff22e8e4ef407096099 (resized).jpg

#2040 3 years ago

Theres the pics you need.....Certainly add the washers if you feel the need....every game has such slight differences.

You can also lower the Captive ball Plate, by removing the 3 washers as well.

I have received my outlane and sling shot protectorproto production samples. I will be installing and testing tomorrow, and if all OK, will share photos, and start taking orders. With and without decals, Im expecting $29 including shipping, and the 3 piece set to be about $45
shipped, helping with lower costs.

I believe it to be the best choice out there for Premium and LE.....more to come.....

#2041 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Theres the pics you need.....Certainly add the washers if you feel the need....every game has such slight differences.
I have received my outlane and sling shot protectorproto production samples. I will be installing and testing tomorrow, and if all OK, will share photos, and start taking orders. With and without decals, Im expecting $29 including shipping, and the 3 piece set to be about $45
I believe it to be the best choice out there for Premium and LE.....more to come.....

Thanks!

#2042 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Also, maybe a dumb question, but what are the sling protectors for exactly? Are people getting airballs from those too?

Last one, is there a reason for wanting to lower the Captive Ball Plate? Sorry for all the questions...

#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, maybe a dumb question, but what are the sling protectors for exactly? Are people getting airballs from those too?
Last one, is there a reason for wanting to lower the Captive Ball Plate? Sorry for all the questions...

The Sling Protectors accomplish 2 primary goals. First, but the outlanes, this Plastic is high enough to catch the lane skips, as others, but "larger" to help with the 45 degree outlane drains. In addition, these wrap around the full Sling shot Plastic.
This protects the whole plastic from Chipping, especially when this might happen in Multi Ball.
Other Products are not wrapping far enough the Bottom corner, where slings always chip.

Lowering the Captive ball Plate and/or Raising Slimer, can keep his Butt from Dragging across the metal, sometimes producing Phantom hits.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

This is what I was looking at:

So is the grub screw the one on the side of the round barrel thing?
If so, then how do you raise slimer ?

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

So is the grub screw the one on the side of the round barrel thing?
If so, then how do you raise slimer ?

I believe it is. Sounds like you just unscrew and raise up slightly and screw back in.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The Sling Protectors accomplish 2 primary goals. First, but the outlanes, this Plastic is high enough to catch the lane skips, as others, but "larger" to help with the 45 degree outlane drains. In addition, these wrap around the full Sling shot Plastic.
This protects the whole plastic from Chipping, especially when this might happen in Multi Ball.
Other Products are not wrapping far enough the Bottom corner, where slings always chip.
Lowering the Captive ball Plate and/or Raising Slimer, can keep his Butt from Dragging across the metal, sometimes producing Phantom hits.

I see. Thanks for the info. You have been very helpful!

#2047 3 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe it is. Sounds like you just unscrew and raise up slightly and screw back in.

Ok cool I'll give it a go.
Does code effect how slimer moves or anything? Currently on 1.05 if I upgrade will it change anything with slimer.

#2048 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ok cool I'll give it a go.
Does code effect how slimer moves or anything? Currently on 1.05 if I upgrade will it change anything with slimer.

I am not sure. Hopefully others can chime in...

#2049 3 years ago

Redid my PKE brackets. I am short, 5,5" so I could never see the P or K. Added about an inch in the new brackets and riveted back on

I painted them flat black so they would not stand out

IMG_6605 (resized).JPG
IMG_6607 (resized).JPG
IMG_6606 (resized).JPG

#2050 3 years ago

There are 1/2 circle mirror Mods, with somewhat difficult instructions, to remove the screws and mount.

I chose 2 small pieces of double sided foam tape, raised a bit, like above, and accomplished quite well
and fast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 4465 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside