Topic Stats

• 4,026 posts
  • 472 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by flashburn
  • Topic is favorited by 140 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 617 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4335 (resized).JPG
Ecto-1.jpg
IMG_0577 (resized).jpg
46C1DA2C-FCEB-4300-8C1D-3112B194C5C7 (resized).jpeg
large (resized).jpg
slimer opto (resized).JPG
bat_step2 (resized).jpg
bat_step1 (resized).jpg
pic6 (resized).jpg
IMG_3532 (resized).JPG
IMG_3533 (resized).jpg
IMG_3530 (resized).JPG
IMG_1210 (resized).JPG
IMG_1211 (resized).JPG
IMG_3521 (resized).jpg
IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

55 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 81.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Good suggestion, but I would think a plastic solution might be easier.
On the left side I have (poorly) drawn out a plastic shape that could be made. This could be mounted using 2 male / female hex post that would be included with the plastics and put on the existing posts that are holding the purple and blue plastic. So just imagine that shape of clear plastic mounted 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" or more above the standard ball guide. I don't really know how high you would want it, but experimenting and swapping out hex post would be easy enough until you figured out the best height mounting posts.
The plastic being shaped this way would be narrow and extended up from the mounting area a bit, but I would think if plastic protector grade plastic were used it would be stiff and sturdy enough to stay up and also strong enough to not break. The plastic would also NOT need to only be wire width thick at the top. If it needs to be wider for durability purposes....it could always be made wider (going a bit over the outlane). It is clear plastic so it shouldn't obstruct the view even if the plastic stayed the same width all the way up.
If need be, the plastic could also extend up and mount above the outlane entrance (as the wire idea was drawn) if you could get the height of the upper mounting point (on the star post I'm guessing) to line up with the plastic mounting height. A person would probably want to look into the PRO and Premium differences, but I would think a single type plastic could be cut to accommodate both. From the pictures I have seen they look identical as far as this goes.
I'm also not sure what area folks are getting the hopping...so maybe the plastic wouldn't even need to go up to the tip of the wire guides. Maybe just a little up past the wire curve would do???
PS: If anyone makes these...I want a free set.

ball_bounce_blocker_(resized).jpg

I can already see myself designing a clear "protector" for this.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, some of them actually, *gasp* work as designed?
Or do you take the 5 complaints on Pinside about it and extrapolate that to 100% are non-functioning?
And from everything I've heard, they worked, but just not 100%.

I hear ya on that, my ST Pro, MET Pro, Mustang Pro and Avatar LE were all early first run games and have worked flawlessly since new. Hope my GB Pro keeps my good luck streak going. We'll see.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

No confusion. "I" had no issues.....I didnt consider one time on a bunch of games, an "issue".
"We" had jumps, refers collectively to the guys I was playing with, and then in conversation later
that evening with others who went to the open house. I was referring with "we" to mean collectively my friends. Collectively "we" had issues.
Taken out of context, with assumptions, perhaps confused you.

So you somehow left out at first that the other people you played with had issues? Seems like an important piece of context since your review implied there were no issues on the table you played and the topic of the thread is issues.

Were you the "hey this game has a reverse skill shot!" guy? (Whatever that means.)

#154 2 years ago

Does "Ghostbuster Issue Thread" cover the movie as well? There are issues there. It looks really terrible.

edit: I'm not alone, most downvotes for a trailer ever on youtube....but go ahead and shoot the messenger with downvotes 4th graders

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

So you somehow left out at first that the other people you played with had issues? Seems like an important piece of context since your review implied there were no issues on the table you played and the topic of the thread is issues.
Were you the "hey this game has a reverse skill shot!" guy? (Whatever that means.)

No, I am not, but my sincere thanks for checking my posts for perspective, accuracy, content and semantics.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from windsoreight:

We had an issue with one of the 2 we had. The left Outland switches were all wired wrong. Easy fix but caused weird ball save issues.

Ah! That's why my left Outlane audit does not work! The QC on this game, was indeed the worst I've ever seen, and I've bought every new stern out there.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i pull metal wire rails like this at least 4 times a month. Usually there are spot on the underside of the playfield where you can see the wire peeking through. all you have to do, is take an AWL and a hammer and pound out the wire guides from the back. Raise them up to where you like. That's all there is to it.

This... And if that's not enough, I'm sure someone could make them that have longer stems going into the playfield.

#158 2 years ago

Has anyone seen the ball auto launching some games? I haven't investigated yet but will tonight. Just wondering if anyone has resolved or had this.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

This... And if that's not enough, I'm sure someone could make them that have longer stems going into the playfield.

Maybe Stern will make them, and put them on the accessories page of their website for $29.99

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Has anyone seen the ball auto launching some games? I haven't investigated yet but will tonight. Just wondering if anyone has resolved or had this.

Yes this happened to me at the Amusement expo in Vegas playing doubles.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yes this happened to me at the Amusement expo in Vegas playing doubles.

Many games will do that if a spinner is rotated and registering as closed.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Many games will do that if a spinner is rotated and registering as closed.

I was player two. The first guy lost the ball...we were talking and about 30 seconds went by and the ball launched into play...maybe the spinner fell? I don't really know why the ball launched, I just know it did lol.

#163 2 years ago

One thing that needs to be fixed is the reverse flipper switch back at the end of Mass Hysteria. I always lose my ball because I drain down to one ball and either the flippers don't switch back to normal for several seconds, or I plan for them not switching back right away and then they do and I still drain. Watched it happen to another player today too. Need to add a ball save or something to compensate for that.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

One thing that needs to be fixed is the reverse flipper switch back at the end of Mass Hysteria. I always lose my ball because I drain down to one ball and either the flippers don't switch back to normal for several seconds, or I plan for them not switching back right away and then they do and I still drain. Watched it happen to another player today too. Need to add a ball save or something to compensate for that.

Or just add the option to disable stupid reverse flippers any way. Why kill an otherwise awesome multiball mode by crippling it with reversed flippers?

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Need to add a ball save or something to compensate for that.

Yeah that's what CCC does.

Quoted from kpg:

Or just add the option to disable stupid reverse flippers any way. Why kill an otherwise awesome multiball mode by crippling it with reversed flippers?

Cause it's like haunted and stuff.

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I think I read somewhere it has to do with pressing the start button or how the games are started. Sorry that's so vague but someone mentioned in a different thread that it was a Trudeau thing and happens in other games. . . I think.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's what CCC does.

Cause it's like haunted and stuff.

Yeah, well I want to un-haunt the flippers then... Dwight, give the option to us please!

#168 2 years ago

Reverse flippers mode...... Man this issues thread makes me really want one!

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I think I read somewhere it has to do with pressing the start button or how the games are started. Sorry that's so vague but someone mentioned in a different thread that it was a Trudeau thing and happens in other games. . . I think.

Interesting. I'll have to see if I can dig that up somewhere.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Interesting. I'll have to see if I can dig that up somewhere.

Captive ball should reverse-unreverse flippers so you can't simply cross your arms. You're welcome Dwight

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Have you never made it to The Simpson Pinball Party Mystery Spot??

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Have you never made it to The Simpson Pinball Party Mystery Spot??

Yeah !! I didn't like the reverse flippers there either.. such an awesome game, but man, I just don't like reverse flippers

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Captive ball should reverse-unreverse flippers so you can't simply cross your arms. You're welcome Dwight

Thanks!

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I think it is fine to reverse flippers and put them back to normal... but for both instances their should be audio and visual cues and a ball saver. It would be seriously cruel to just flip their status mid-play without those items. (And I think drive players away for feeling treated unfairly - especially if paying for their game in the wild.)

Also agree with LesManley that a ball saver is needed at end of Mass Hysteria (as that was a very frustrating end of ball).

Lastly... I had a mass hysteria going today during which I got another 60 ghosts and started loopin supers... but it made me wonder what would happen if you got another 100 ghosts during mass hysteria... does it just restart the mode... does it give a insane scoring bonus... or is that not really coded for? Dwight if you are taking suggestions I think it would be super cool to have a special feature or award for that (like regardless of number of ghosts over 100 collected you start at 90 ghosts after mass hysteria ends?) else if you get 101 ghosts you'd have to collect another 99 to get to hysteria again versus just ending around 90 or so and then only needing 10?

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Lastly... I had a mass hysteria going today during which I got another 60 ghosts and started loopin supers... but it made me wonder what would happen if you got another 100 ghosts during mass hysteria... does it just restart the mode... does it give a insane scoring bonus... or is that not really coded for? Dwight if you are taking suggestions I think it would be super cool to have a special feature or award for that (like regardless of number of ghosts over 100 collected you start at 90 ghosts after mass hysteria ends?) else if you get 101 ghosts you'd have to collect another 99 to get to hysteria again versus just ending around 90 or so and then only needing 10?

If you get another hundred ghost it starts Mass hysteria multiball again during the multiball. New ball save timer which is nice. I did it today. During that game I basically got 2 billion on just mass hysteria alone. I got loopin supers champ that game with 14 too. All with reversed flippers.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yup. That's always the way I feel when I get it on TSPP. Who wants to contort themselves and play the multiball with your face practically pressed against the glass? Interesting gimmick to get through maybe...twice... then it's like "make it go away".

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yup. That's always the way I feel when I get it on TSPP. Who wants to contort themselves and play the multiball with your face practically pressed against the glass? Interesting gimmick to get through maybe...twice... then it's like "make it go away".

Exactly - it's cool, and I get the novelty of being "different", but let me disable it after it gets old. I won't look forward to the mode if I know I have to do some dumb contorted arm move to play like in TSPP.

If they want to be cute with "haunted" effects, take cues from WOZ and just make the flippers not hold, or randomly fire off like they are possessed. Reverse flippers are lame

#178 2 years ago

Had mine a few days, I have tweaked a few things to make it play better. Raised the left outlane bar slightly. Raised flippers to just below inlane guide parallel ( mine weren't even level with each other! ) bent forward ramp entrance stand up targets. The thing I'm struggling with is adjusting the ramp rollover switches. I was getting ( and still am ) ramp shots that don't register when storage facility and/or super jackpot are lit. I'm guessing a really fast ball must be slightly airbourne and therefore passes just over the switches at speed and missing them, slow balls activate the switches no problem. I've tried adjusting them but end up with slow balls going the other way getting stuck on the switches. Anyone having this same battle? I think opto's would have been a better solution here, I can see this type of switch always being a hangup issue with balls going uphill, stopping and running the other way.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkslide632:

I don't know anyone who buys a brand new car, finds out there is something wrong with it, and goes "Oh well! Shit happens!" Nor do I know of any cars that get recalled because some main feature, easily noticed by everyone who drives it, is fucked up. Slimer is right smack-dab in the middle of the playfield. How many cars do you know that were recalled because "Oh, hey, guys, sorry... we forgot to install the rear-view mirror"

I get two hours to do a "pre delivery" on a new car to find faults, maybe distributors should do this with pinballs?

#180 2 years ago

What are people doing about the drops not dropping? more spring tension? less tension? something else?

#181 2 years ago

My left drop got hit and twisted a tiny bit last night and wouldn't drop back down. i had to take the glass off and poke it a few times, then it dropped ok and was fine for the rest of the night. The bricking on the drops is kind of annoying now, i have to think strategically when they pop up, i know i don't want to nail them hard, so i either graze them, or hit softly to deal with that. During multi ball is a completely different thing, where its just nuts, and theres lots of opportunities for them to get hit from weird bounces or whatever.

Slimer is working a little better, but its clear you need a very good direct hit to register, the sort of hit where most of the time the ball will hit him and continue through up into the pops, that sort of shot is pretty much guaranteed to set him off. if i graze him or sort of bump into him, he usually doesn't register. I believe he works similar to a tilt bob.

no other issues to report. A lot less airballs when i played last night.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The bricking on the drops is kind of annoying now, i have to think strategically when they pop up, i know i don't want to nail them hard, so i either graze them, or hit softly to deal with that.

I wish instead of drop targets they would have done what MM did with the trolls.. but instead, the Scoleri brother heads.

MM-trolls-small_(resized).jpg

#183 2 years ago

Simple reason they didn't - cost is about 10x.

Quoted from kpg:

I wish instead of drop targets they would have done what MM did with the trolls.. but instead, the Scoleri brother heads.

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Simple reason they didn't - cost is about 10x.

I figured - but then again, maybe it would have been best to not include them on the machine if it didn't fit in the budget. I don't think i've read one positive comment about them, and only negative. I am hoping the modders do this up with some type of lit targets that are angled and will offer better bounce backs.

#185 2 years ago

More left flipper woes: Playing on location, I got to "We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its..." mode. I had 2 balls cradled on the left flipper. My 3rd ball kicks out from the scoop to the left flipper & automatically knocks the left flipper down, draining all 3 balls all at once. I blame myself.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I blame myself.

LOL. Yes, play better.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I had 2 balls cradled on the left flipper, my 3rd ball kicks out from the scoop to the left flipper & automatically knocks the left flipper down draining all 3 balls all at once. I blame myself.

Uff that is BRUTAL

#188 2 years ago

#brokencode and #brokenslimer

Saw this on a FB post today. MASS HYSTERIA!!

GBusteed_(resized).jpg

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

More left flipper woes: Playing on location, I got to "We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its..." mode, I had 2 balls cradled on the left flipper, my 3rd ball kicks out from the scoop to the left flipper & automatically knocks the left flipper down draining all 3 balls all at once. I blame myself.

#betatester

#190 2 years ago

New code has just been posted by Stern for GB

#191 2 years ago

I installed the 1.04 code tonight. It fixed my flipper spring boarding issue! also noticed that it seems easier to rack up multipliers, maybe more so from being awarded more often in the pop bumpers? I also noticed that once I got storage facility lit, I could shoot the ramp once and it would acknowledge the storage facility once (virtual ball lock#1) , but then I have to light storage facility again through either hitting the captive balls, or as a random award from the pop bumpers to keep it going. I could no longer just shoot the ramp 3 times to start the Storage facility multi ball. The bonus Hold seems to be a thing now as well. Also noticed Extra ball getting lit at 50 ghost captures, so that's kinda nice. All in all, it seems easier to get a respectable score, but a lot harder to get a CRAZY score. I'll have to play it a bit more and see what else jumps out at me, but the flipper fix alone was enough for me to be happy.

Update took about 10-15 minutes

#192 2 years ago

I just received my Pro shipping notification late today. It will be interesting to see what the build date is and if it will ship with this new update. I will be sure to post unboxing photos !

#193 2 years ago

New code installed, lightshow and shaker usage is awesome at start of Storage Facility multiball.

#194 2 years ago

has anyone else with 1.04 code noticed getting Storage Facility is a bit different now? No longer can do it with 3 left ramp shots when it is first lit like with 1.0. I haven't had enough time with the new code yet to discover everything, but that was one thing i noticed, or maybe i am missing something...

Basically hit the left captive balls a few times to light Storage Facility, hit the left ramp shot, and then have to do the left captive balls to light Storage Facility again. Does this sound right? I didnt actually get far enough in to get the Storage Facility going again on 1.04. Hope to take a closer look tonight.

#195 2 years ago

I noticed that in the LE video. Now it looks like you may have to qualify each ball. No more three ramp shots to multiball. For better or worse.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I noticed that in the LE video. Now it looks like you may have to qualify each ball. No more three ramp shots to multiball. For better or worse.

I'm ok with that, if thats the way it works now. I dont think there was a description of this rule adjustment in the Change Log they released.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

has anyone else with 1.04 code noticed getting Storage Facility is a bit different now? No longer can do it with 3 left ramp shots when it is first lit like with 1.0. I haven't had enough time with the new code yet to discover everything, but that was one thing i noticed, or maybe i am missing something...
Basically hit the left captive balls a few times to light Storage Facility, hit the left ramp shot, and then have to do the left captive balls to light Storage Facility again. Does this sound right? I didnt actually get far enough in to get the Storage Facility going again on 1.04. Hope to take a closer look tonight.

Ugh, that is a gross change. Investing in going after the captive balls is dangerous enough that I kind of liked it staying lit (and was fine with one lock out of Tobin/pops as mentioned) but I guess it was a bug

Hopefully they buffed the chances of the pops lighting the lock to compensate. I recall seeing that happen a lot in Jack's video but confirmation bias, sample size, etc.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Ugh, that is a gross change. Investing in going after the captive balls is dangerous enough that I kind of liked it staying lit (and was fine with one lock out of Tobin/pops as mentioned) but I guess it was a bug
Hopefully they buffed the chances of the pops lighting the lock to compensate. I recall seeing that happen a lot in Jack's video but confirmation bias, sample size, etc.

I agree. That multiball made it more accessible for rookie players. I will have to see if there is a setting to change back to how it was.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

oh wow, yeah that captive ball is a tough shot. having to hit it twice before every lock makes it very hard to accomplish. and you pretty much have to get that multiball if you want to get to mass hysteria multiball. Wonder if it is adjustable in the settings.

#200 2 years ago

Yeah, im not really sure how it is working now. Lastnight I managed to hit the captive 3 balls a few times and storage facility was lit continuously until i could shoot the left ramp 3 times. Other times, maybe if I was awarded the Storage Facility (i usually wouldnt notice how it got lit) from the pop bumpers, it seemed to go away after one ramp shot. I haven't nailed down exactly how it works now, but It is definitely harder to get than how i was doing it before. not complaining, but rather just trying to figure out exactly how the rule changed so I can adjust my playing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 93.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.99
Machine - For Sale
South San Francisco, CA
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4029 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside